Options

Thanks 10C, But I Don't Gamble.

Comments

• Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    1) north east guy here. Lottery or no lottery, don't care. Band doesn't tour enough for me to care. Liked old way, but will deal with this.

2) I see what op is saying, but it's not really gambling in my mind. You don't get tix you get your money back. If that's the case you can get your fingers ready for the public sale. Yes, not fan club tix, which you pay a yearly fee for...but if you take time off and warm up your fingers you're a step ahead of others.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,648

I'm ok with lottery, though I think there's a better way.

BUT - the reason is - you're traveling anyway. Those that live here wouldn't have to.

Not saying it's right. Just answering your question as to why folks that live here are voicing their concerns more than those overseas or in markets where tickets will be readily available.

Now, say boohoo - at least you get shows. That's fine. But, does it make sense for someone now to have to travel to get tickets when they have a show right down the street? Or, at least make sense why that might be a tad more frustrating?

Ok... after I say "boohoo - at least you get shows", my next question becomes:

Why is it that you living right down the street entitles you to tickets, and not me? Or anyone else on the planet for this reason?

I understand that it makes it more frustrating yes (as I experienced it with the recent EV shows here in Houston).... but that coupling the "whaaaaaaa, i can't get tickets to the show in my backyard BECAUSE of the lottery AND all the traveling fans"... that pisses me off.

either way it's a wash for me which way they go - i could score tickets f5'ing pretty steadily after I got the hang of it... so, the lottery will decrease my chances, but atleast now I don't have to sit all day in front of a computer stressing out slamming the f5 key... so meh... don't really care. ticketmaster will still have plenty of tickets once I lose the lottery, and yea, it'll gut me from the inside out, but if I gotta pay a scalper I will... that's all you can do.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,934
    JTH wrote:
    october22 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    i wouldn't call it gambling. when you gamble you have to risk something to win something....

it's risk free to enter the drawing here.

carry on.

Not trying to be a dick, but I don't think you read my post clearly.
    How is it gambling? When you gamble and lose, something is actually taken away from you. that's not what happens here.

It's like betting, but for free. So it is like gambling. Your marking down / picking which numbers / show's you would like. You're letting an automatic system to pick the numbers. If any of your numbers are drawn, you win. If any of those number are not drawn, you loose. So it is like gambling, per say.

Something is actually taken away from you. You're chance to see Pearl Jam. You're not trying on your own to score the tickets (F5, refresh etc..) A lottery system you're praying your name / number will get choosing. Also many of us know machines can be fixed. So letting a lottery system choice your path, really does suck. I like the option, like many others here, of trying on their own.

"This is all going to end badly."

tumblr_lyxme0hzKk1r81178o1_500.png
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525

BUT - the reason is - you're traveling anyway. Those that live here wouldn't have to.

Not saying it's right. Just answering your question as to why folks that live here are voicing their concerns more than those overseas or in markets where tickets will be readily available.

Now, say boohoo - at least you get shows. That's fine. But, does it make sense for someone now to have to travel to get tickets when they have a show right down the street? Or, at least make sense why that might be a tad more frustrating?

Doesn't that happen already? Lots of people travel all over for the shows, be it right down their street or the other side of the country. I think before people over-react or slate the lotto system, maybe they should see how they fare when a tour is announced.
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    shep wrote:

Ok... after I say "boohoo - at least you get shows", my next question becomes:

Why is it that you living right down the street entitles you to tickets, and not me? Or anyone else on the planet for this reason?

I understand that it makes it more frustrating yes (as I experienced it with the recent EV shows here in Houston).... but that coupling the "whaaaaaaa, i can't get tickets to the show in my backyard BECAUSE of the lottery AND all the traveling fans"... that pisses me off.

either way it's a wash for me which way they go - i could score tickets f5'ing pretty steadily after I got the hang of it... so, the lottery will decrease my chances, but atleast now I don't have to sit all day in front of a computer stressing out slamming the f5 key... so meh... don't really care. ticketmaster will still have plenty of tickets once I lose the lottery, and yea, it'll gut me from the inside out, but if I gotta pay a scalper I will... that's all you can do.

I didn't say it entitles me to anything. I was just answering your question. I also think it's a valid feeling for folks to have. But, even that does not indiate anyone feels they are entitled to anything.

Does it matter to you if you see a show in NYC or Virginia Beach? Perhaps, because you can fly directly to NYC and not Va Beach. But, you're flying no matter what.

So, you can either ignore it's validity or not. But, again, I'm just answering your question.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    boyo79 wrote:

Doesn't that happen already? Lots of people travel all over for the shows, be it right down their street or the other side of the country. I think before people over-react or slate the lotto system, maybe they should see how they fare when a tour is announced.
    i agree...
    btw..pj solve this problem for me..will never play to Greece,so i travel anyways :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    boyo79 wrote:

Eh. I don't see it as overreacting. Let folks say their piece. Why folks are getting so angry about folks saying why they don't like something is amusing to me, personally.

As I've said numerous times. I'm fine with the lottery. There are better ways, but whatever. Nothing of significance is going to change in my life either way.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    demetrios wrote:
    It's like betting, but for free. So it is like gambling. Your marking down / picking which numbers / show's you would like. You're letting an automatic system to pick the numbers. If any of your numbers are drawn, you win. If any of those number are not drawn, you loose. So it is like gambling, per say.

Something is actually taken away from you. You're chance to see Pearl Jam. You're not trying on your own to score the tickets (F5, refresh etc..) A lottery system you're praying your name / number will get choosing. Also many of us know machines can be fixed. So letting a lottery system choice your path, really does suck. I like the option, like many others here, of trying on their own.

"This is all going to end badly."

tumblr_lyxme0hzKk1r81178o1_500.png
    If you throw your business card into a fishbowl at a deli in hopes of getting a free sandwich is that also gambling, per se?

Frankly, I didn't have a problem with the old system (when it worked) but I don't think I mind this one.

And really, how long was the "old system" in place? I seem to remember that it was terribly long ago that we had to MAIL in our requests weeks in advance for what was essentially a lottery system. (Or am I thinking of something else?)
  • Options

As I've said numerous times. I'm fine with the lottery. There are better ways, but whatever. Nothing of significance is going to change in my life either way.
    and as Pete Townshend said
    Get a Fuckin Beer!!! :mrgreen:
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,773
    Why don't they do it like the Revamped Canadian Tour Presale.

Give everyone a Unique password that allows them to buy one pair
    to any show they want.You can only use the password one time per show.
    I had tickets 2 min after sale started.

Fuck the Lottery!
    I don't pay member fees for the hope to get tickets.
    This is B.S :x

Gotta be a better way....
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,651
    shep wrote:
    If you do the math and add up the day worth of lost work time f5'ing your way to victory, you can probably afford to buy your tickets from a scalper anyway.

This.
    I love the band but wouldn't use a day off work to buy a ticket. (I never slept on a sidewalk to see a show either.)
    I would work extra or do save extra (cut back on spending) to buy a ticket on stubhub or something if I lose out going through the fan club.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    If anyone thinks a ticketing system that crashes and forces you to spend 10 hours in front of a computer, requires you to have an ultra highspeed internet connection, or have specific web browser is good, then you are crazy.

If tickets are distributed at a phsyical location and you have to wait in line, then fine, it should be first come first serve and you should be rewarded for your time and effort. If the tickets are distributed by an online sale that doesn't crash, then first come first serve makes sense. They don't have either of these systems. So, until that time, a lottery makes sense.

At least 90% of the tickets are still available after the 10c sale.
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    If the tickets are distributed by an online sale that doesn't crash, then first come first serve makes sense. They don't have either of these systems. So, until that time, a lottery makes sense.

When they did round 2 of the Canadian '11 tour via Ticketmaster 10club PreSale, there was no crashing at all. I didn't hear any sort of problem when that sale went up. Yes the day they went on sale @ the 10club store, 10club system must of blown up. They used Ticketmaster's service for those 10 show's with flying colors, why not try their service again? Or yet, why not invest in buying up some of that service space when 10club tickets are on sale? If it will cost the tickets a few more bucks, so be it. Less stress and less headaches for all parties.
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    For clarity and in response to a few posts; I never said the old system was perfect. I'm simply in favor or fixing the problems with the old system (servers, bandwidth etc) rather than a lottery system.

Also, maybe my post was a bit too nuanced with regard to the "gambling" aspect. Some people are saying it's a free bet because if you don't score tix the hold on your card is released. That's not my point. My point was that if you are like me and are only in the fan club for the chance at 10C club tickets, then you are now allowing 10C to gamble with your $20 rather than having the chance to compete for them. I prefer relying on myself, albeit within the bounds of a flawed system, than relying on blind chance.

Hope that makes sense.

Also, some people are saying to just wait and see how it plays out. I disagree with this too because I think the system is undesirable as a matter of principal. Winning or losing won't change that.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    Only thing I don't like about this new system, and I could be severely wrong so if I am someone correct me - but it seems to me that you have to make commitments and travel plans well in advance and narrow down your choices of the shows you want to go to taking in budgets, finances, feasibility, etc. I don't know about many of you, but I live in an area where I will more than likely have to travel rather significantly to go to more than one show (say at least two shows), and I go with friends to the shows who live in other states. So, I have to pretty much narrow down which shows I, and others want to go to well ahead of time and start making commitments and travel plans (taking time off work, looking and getting flights if need be, lodging arrangements, etc). I don't know how much in advance we would find out if we got 10c tickets or not, and if we would find out if he were drawn for the lottery well before the show if we had to make those kind of arrangements, but I don't like the thought of having to do that and then the possibility of not getting those tickets. Sure, I know we could always go the TM route, but I think everyone can agree with me we would much rather have 10c tickets and is one of the big reasons we are all members.

Am I wrong or have I missed anything? Does that make sense? :lol:

I'm assuming there would be some sort of window where we make our choices, and they would draw for the tickets well in advance (say a few months) before the actual show date?
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    october22 wrote:
    I prefer relying on myself, albeit within the bounds of a flawed system, than relying on blind chance.

Me too!
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,893
    The thing I'd like to see that I believe would help alleviate some fears is a rundown of stats on requests vs. the number of tickets fulfilled. For example: For X show, 10C received 500 requests and fulfilled 475. For Y show, they received 300 requests and fulfilled them all. That way, you can see which shows are more popular (even though it can be evident with venue or location). I've got tickets through both F5ing and through the lottery, and also been unable to get certain tickets F5ing or "lost" in the ticket lottery. All of my shows, other than PJ20 which I got through 10C on the first day (although my card was charged but never saw a confirmation email initially until the email when my seat day was revealed) have been within CA so I can't speak to other areas. On the initial EV April Fool's tour, I couldn't get through for LA so I just opted for SB instead. It's been my understanding though that 10C tries their best to fulfill almost all of the ticket requests they receive lottery wise.

Beyond that, there do seem to be extra tickets readily available, both 10C and regular tickets, on the forum from other members.
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,604
    I would only go to one show, so this doesn't bother me at all. I think the new system is great.
  • Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    I want to open with saying "well said" to the OP. He hit the nail on the head. I'm also from the Northeast and never missed out on 10C tickets. But it took a lot of effort and planning. Tickets will be much harder to get as anyone can just enter the lottery and hope. This new system is a real slap in the face to the fans.
    boyo79 wrote:
    This is the bit I don't understand. 'Being in control'. 'Effort'. etc. When I tried for 10c tickets for last years European tour I had tickets in my cart straightaway. Then for the next 30 minutes I'm stuck waiting for the page to refresh as it asks for my card details. This goes on for 2 hours before they shut the system down. Whenever was I in control? Any ticket sale, be it on 10c or Ticketmaster or Live Nation whoever, its down to luck that you get through and score tickets. Nothing else.

It's because you believe what you posted, that I and many others never missed out on 10C tickets. Thanks!
    Spector wrote:
    I think you have a strange definition of effort or work. Hitting F5 without interruption or mapping out the location of buttons is not something I would define as actions that should give someone better ticket chances. It`s just dumb and irrational and wasting people`s time. I dont see a link between the hours you spend online and the degree you deserve a ticket. Seriously: What can be said against a system where everyone has the same ticket chances?

Everyone had equal chance to put in the effort of getting tickets, only some took the opportunity. The problem is, some people took the time to figure the system out, some just complained about it.
    so this new is fair,easy,and more different members will score tix..

So it would be more fair and easy to handle university admissions by lottery? I mean, why should the kid who studied hard have an advantage over the guy who didn't want to "waste his time" working towards a goal he sorta wants?
    shep wrote:
    Either lottery or don't - I'm sick of hearing people bitch about it. There is always ticketmaster if you don't score your tickets. If you do the math and add up the day worth of lost work time f5'ing your way to victory, you can probably afford to buy your tickets from a scalper anyway.

That's irony... because the lottery only came about because of people bitching... now everyone should just stop?

I didn't take off work to spend the day F5ing... i planned my work day around it. Sure I can afford seats to any PJ show I want, but 10C is the only source for the best seats. I had a goal, so I put in the effort and planning required.
    JTH wrote:
    How is it gambling? When you gamble and lose, something is actually taken away from you. that's not what happens here.

I was 100% on 10C tickets, even if I miss out on one show, I will have something taken away from me, not to mention my 10C membership dues.
  • Options
    MG79478 wrote:
    so this new is fair,easy,and more different members will score tix..

So it would be more fair and easy to handle university admissions by lottery? I mean, why should the kid who studied hard have an advantage over the guy who didn't want to "waste his time" working towards a goal he sorta wants?

its 10c tix for a rock show,for fan club member that pays the same money to have the same chances to score tix..we arent running for president here..or need to show my biography to get a job
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    october22 wrote:
    I, like many of you, am only in this fan club for tickets.
    I'm so sorry that you feel this way...being a 10 Club member is so much more
    than just getting tickets to shows.
    The friends and relationships I've made here on the forum are worth 10 times more than any ticket
    I have purchased.
    :ugeek:
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    derbydave wrote:
    october22 wrote:
    The friends and relationships I've made here on the forum are worth 10 times more than any ticket
    I have purchased.
  • Options
    YLed2YLed2 Des Moines, IA Posts: 5,534
    derbydave wrote:
    october22 wrote:
    I have purchased.

Absolutely this. Although the 10c tickets are great, this is even better.
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,075
    Me getting PJ20 tickets had NOTHING to do with luck. My wife took off for the sale and tried, I came home and relieved her after work, and just by fucking chance, I refreshed a page that I had long ago forgotten was opened, about 9 hours after the sale started, and I got tickets.

The only "effort" I made was pissing away several hours. Other people tried longer and got shut out. Was it my "effort" or "luck?" I'm going with the latter.

I don't see how this is any better or any worse a procedure for buying tickets. If anything, it eliminates the long days and "effort" we all expend. So many people have said it, but it bears repeating: if we're all so industrious at getting tickets, why should this make things any different? I've never not gotten tickets to a show I wanted to go to, 10c or not. I think that's probably true for many people here.

You'd think with the pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages and pages of bitching that was devoted to the absolute fiasco that was the PJ20/Canadian/Europe/EV tour ticket-buying experience that people would be jumping for joy, but I should know better than to expect that here, right?
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    vant0037vant0037 Posts: 6,075
    demetrios wrote:

If someone can draw a correlation between those who hit F5 the most or at the right time or in the right cadence or with the right number of windows open or with the right browser or with the right computer...AND with who got tickets for a given show...then maybe this has a chance of being right.

Right now though, my ticket-buying experience has always been a crap shoot anyway and I'm sure that's true for most people, whether they realize it or not. Why the hell did I get tickets for PJ20 after 9 hours but hundreds of people didn't who probably did the exact same thing I did? I have no clue, and until I do, its pretty tough to say that its because I expended more "effort" or that I did this on my own. Pretty clear to me it was just dumb luck.

Interesting that so many people are writing off the lottery as "bullshit" or a terrible idea when, correct me if I'm wrong, the band had done lotteries in the past. Wasn't that what the whole mail-in cards were about? A lottery? A chance that your card and money-order would get there before the guy down the street's would? Trusting the mail man to not lose your card?

As it stands, we have yet to experience an actual ticket-buying situation with the new process. How can we know it's "bullshit?" I give people credit to know that an email saying "sorry you didn't win a prize" will probably not be indicative of whether you'll actually get tickets in a hypothetical ticket sale.
    1998-06-30 Minneapolis
    2003-06-16 St. Paul
    2006-06-26 St. Paul
    2007-08-05 Chicago
    2009-08-23 Chicago
    2009-08-28 San Francisco
    2010-05-01 NOLA (Jazz Fest)
    2011-07-02 EV Minneapolis
    2011-09-03 PJ20
    2011-09-04 PJ20
    2011-09-17 Winnipeg
    2012-06-26 Amsterdam
    2012-06-27 Amsterdam
    2013-07-19 Wrigley
    2013-11-21 San Diego
    2013-11-23 Los Angeles
    2013-11-24 Los Angeles
    2014-07-08 Leeds, UK
    2014-07-11 Milton Keynes, UK
    2014-10-09 Lincoln
    2014-10-19 St. Paul
    2014-10-20 Milwaukee
    2016-08-20 Wrigley 1
    2016-08-22 Wrigley 2
    2018-06-18 London 1
    2018-08-18 Wrigley 1
    2018-08-20 Wrigley 2
    2022-09-16 Nashville
    2023-08-31 St. Paul
    2023-09-02 St. Paul
    2023-09-05 Chicago 1
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    Let me say that I do understand being bummed if you are one of the lucky ones who got tickets "every time" there was a major meltdown of the 10c ticketing process, which has just about been every time in the last 5 years, at least for the shows in high demand. Why would you want to change a system that gave you a natural advantage over most people, landing you tickets every time because you have more knowledge of computers over have more time than they do? I can't wait until they start distributing tickets by burying all the tickets throughout the country the tour is going to take place in. Then the 10c can release all the scavenger hunt details simultaneously on their website, and let the games begin! At least then, those of us with good problem solving skills, a fast car, and the best shovel will have the advantage.

The problem comes when you try to justify the old way as the "fair" and "right" way. It is NOT. I would say I have gotten tickets about 80% of the time through this site, and a big reason for that is because I began to anticipate server meltdowns and chaos overall. Do I come on here and beat my chest about it? No. It was unfair because it was not how it was intended to happen. Whether or not you like it, the 10c determines the method of ticket distribution and they have spent at least the past 6 years trying to fix it with an enormous backlash from 10c members demanding this new style. They clearly can not fix it. So, your solution is just to leave it "as is"...completely broken?

It is either Ticketmaster that will assume the power to distribute the tickets for PJ, or they go to the way of the lottery. Everything else has been a disaster. A DISASTER. This isn't one or two shows we are talking about - this has happened every tour since when? They had to go a different route. Everyone here has the magic solution, I know - but they even hired a reputable ticket distributor a couple years back and their servers bit the dust too. It was time for a change. You guys are now going to have to redirect your EFFORT and your SKILLS towards other things. I, for one, am glad the 10c has shifted to a lottery because despite getting tickets most of the time, it was utterly ridiculous.

I think the 10c would respond to this thread by saying they don't gamble either. They aren't going to gamble on another complete disaster of an onsale, spending weeks trying to troubleshoot the problems and responding to the endless emails, vowing to fix it. They tried, they couldn't, it's now on to the lottery. Good luck!
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    The scalpers will make a killing everytime now.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    vant0037 wrote:

If someone can draw a correlation between those who hit F5 the most or at the right time or in the right cadence or with the right number of windows open or with the right browser or with the right computer...AND with who got tickets for a given show...then maybe this has a chance of being right.

is how i bought tix to europe 12..
    i had 3 different browser open,,explorer and firefox froze,and in 1 min i bought with chrome all the shows i want cos it worked..
    i didnt do it at msg,i dint do it at Dublin, cos i didnt know so i didnt score...
    + in the past you cound log in to as many browser you could the same time..now you cant....
    wasnt any effort or i want tix more than someone else..instead of use one browser,i used 3 and gave me better chance than other they didnt know,as i didnt know back at 08n when i try for msg 1-2
    now those shit ends....no tricks,no my finger hits f-5 better than yours
    lottery...isnt the best in the world,but is the best than previous systems
  • Options
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    The scalpers will make a killing everytime now.
    can you explain us how?
  • Options
    choopchoop Posts: 1,060
    i have to be at least 50 out of 53 for in demand shows, but definitely would prefer to give up spending hours on end trying to get tickets for a luck of the draw lottery.

it shouldn't take you longer to buy tickets than the length of the event the tickets are for.
    "If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph: The only proof he needed for the existence of God was music." KV Jr.