Tips for surviving in office environment

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    throw staplers
    ok, not making this up: there is a conference room right next to my cube. and the office burper is also the office napper. so I am working in this conference room and I see this yucky pillow under the desk along the wall. guess who's pillow I am holding hostage in here? he tried coming in and saw me and did the quick sorry and backed out.
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    ok, not making this up: there is a conference room right next to my cube. and the office burper is also the office napper. so I am working in this conference room and I see this yucky pillow under the desk along the wall. guess who's pillow I am holding hostage in here? he tried coming in and saw me and did the quick sorry and backed out.

You could staple this yucky yellow pillow to the conference table. Get it nice and secure.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

You could staple this yucky yellow pillow to the conference table. Get it nice and secure.

there is no way I would ever touch that thing. its all stained. and there is a old dirty sweatshirt with it - maybe that's his 'blanky'
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

nah, just staple it to the underside of his desk, he won't find it for days... :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    the 74 year old salesman in my office is walking the halls and singing "Strangers in the Night,"
    But he is substituting "Strangers in my pants!" :lol::lol:
    wtf? has he been reading these boards? Im going to go talk to him to see if he's drunk. He likes wine. A lot.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    the 74 year old salesman in my office is walking the halls and singing "Strangers in the Night,"
    wtf? has he been reading these boards? Im going to go talk to him to see if he's drunk. He likes wine. A lot.

:lol:

this same nap guy walks around burping loudly
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

:lol:

this same nap guy walks around burping loudly

:lol: This is how movies like Office Space must've got started. Weird motherfuckers need jobs too!
    I was in the conference room to get away from the cubicke neighbor's smelly lunch
    :lol: This is how movies like Office Space must've got started. Weird motherfuckers need jobs too!

yes, I do need a job.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

yes, I do need a job.

:lol: we all do! :P
    RKCNDY wrote:

yes, I do need a job.

:lol: we all do! :P

yes, but apparently this weird motherfucker can't find one! :x

- Christopher McCandless
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Just poop on their desk
    please keep your shoes on
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Just took em off
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Just took em off

and that's why it smells like Fritos
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Just took em off

and that's why it smells like Fritos

Feels Good :P
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    Learn to suppress your rage at pointless meetings by drinking by reminding yourself how much you enjoy life not behind bars.
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    kw18 wrote:
    Learn to suppress your rage at pointless meetings by drinking by reminding yourself how much you enjoy life not behind bars.

Just find your happy place, and nod when someone makes eye contact.
    kw18 wrote:

I wish it was that simple, but they're always asking me stupid questions! Maybe I should just start responding with "I'll look into that" ... :think:
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    kw18 wrote:
    kw18 wrote:

I wish it was that simple, but they're always asking me stupid questions! Maybe I should just start responding with "I'll look into that" ... :think:

That's a great one...
    Or, I'll put that down as a take away.
    When attending meetings, my goal is to make sure I don't get any assignments
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Just don't take it home with you.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    We try to turning anything annoying into a game. We play bingo based on annoying things that always seem to happen without fail, turn meetings into drinking games (albeit with water) and try to laugh as much as possible throughout the day. There's enough very serious stuff to deal with in what we do, so we try to not make any of the non-serious bullshit any more important than it has to be.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,405
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Just don't take it home with you.

Bingo
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    just act like you know what is going on