Tips for surviving in office environment

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    81 wrote:
    Ultimately, sit and listen to your popcorn popping... :lol:

that's the key. :lol:

I have walked by and there is something in the microwave cooking, the person put it in there, started it up and walked away.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

I have walked by and there is something in the microwave cooking, the person put it in there, started it up and walked away.

Exactly what you shouldn't do. This isn't YOUR home, buddy... burn shit on your own time. :lol:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    81 wrote:

Exactly what you shouldn't do. This isn't YOUR home, buddy... burn shit on your own time. :lol:

I am always tempted to add a few minutes to it or take to food out and hide it somewhere....
    Do you know exactly who the offenders are?
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    Bingo. When it stops popping, remove immediately. Easy! :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I hit stop on the microwave if no one is there attending it.

Good man
    :fp: :nono: I'd give you an earful if you did that to me. :lol: Those things have a timer for a reason. I'm not going to stand there and stare at my soup turning in the microwave for 3 minutes and 20 seconds when I could go and write a quick email or two and then come back and get my soup when it's ready (luckily I'm not an idiot who forgets about her food in the communal microwave).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    :fp: :nono: I'd give you an earful if you did that to me. :lol: Those things have a timer for a reason. I'm not going to stand there and stare at my soup turning in the microwave for 3 minutes and 20 seconds when I could go and write a quick email or two and then come back and get my soup when it's ready (luckily I'm not an idiot who forgets about her food in the communal microwave).

It might explode and get all over the microwave

How inconsiderate. :nono:
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    PJ_Soul wrote:

If you have to send emails while making your 3 minute lunch...you may need to loosen up your schedule.
    PJ_Soul wrote:

If you have to send emails while making your 3 minute lunch...you may need to loosen up your schedule.
    It's just boring watching soup cook.
    PJ_Soul wrote:

It might explode and get all over the microwave

How inconsiderate. :nono:
    Only an asshole doesn't cover their food to make sure that doesn't happen.
    PJ_Soul wrote:

It isn't always enough

I have a lot of microwave experience :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

It isn't always enough

Hmm... sounds like you still need more practice. :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

It isn't always enough

Hmm... sounds like you still need more practice. :lol:

Touche
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Drink bourbon
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    kindly turn the volume down on your phone's ringer. I don't need to experience a sound lobotomy every time someone calls you. again, you are only 12" from me.
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Tips for surviving in office environment:
    Get enough sleep the night before!!

Yesterday was HELL at work after my goddam housemate had woken me up at 4:30am when he was in the bathroom which is right next to my bedroom. I didn't last the whole day. Ran away just after lunch back home to a quiet bed for some catch up sleep. WhoTF gets up at 4:30am to go to work anyway?!?!?(I know, heaps of people do but YTF did he!!?!)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Had lunch with a girl in my dept. yesterday....she tried to talk shit about our boss. I know that game....kept mum the whole time!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Had lunch with a girl in my dept. yesterday....she tried to talk shit about our boss. I know that game....kept mum the whole time!
    We call one of my bosses "the hammer"
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

is she hot?
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

is she hot?
    not really. She's a very neutral woman in her 50s or late 40s. She's a low ranking in the the brackets.
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    kindly turn the volume down on your phone's ringer. I don't need to experience a sound lobotomy every time someone calls you. again, you are only 12" from me.

they obviously did NOT get the memo...

a "sound lobotomy" :lol:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    And everyone in my office calls our boss a sociopath.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    And everyone in my office calls our boss a sociopath.

:corn:
    turn down the volume on your phone ringer. It doesn't need to sound like a fire alarm and you are right next to it, why does it need to be that loud? you will not miss hearing it
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

haha!!!! apparently the same issues continue

:fp:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    turn down the volume on your phone ringer. It doesn't need to sound like a fire alarm and you are right next to it, why does it need to be that loud? you will not miss hearing it
    Even when it plays "Mighty Quinn", and yells "Yaaaaay! Text message!" when I get a text? :shifty: It has to be loud or else I can't hear it in my purse, so hmph.

Luckily hardly anyone ever calls me when I'm at work. I have a desk phone.
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Even when it plays "Mighty Quinn", and yells "Yaaaaay! Text message!" when I get a text? :shifty: It has to be loud or else I can't hear it in my purse, so hmph.

Might quinn?

The Bob Dylan Song? :lol: Awesome :lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

haha, no this is an office phone. seems like people around here are ok with the volume on their personal phones. makes me want to rip the damn thing out