Eddie Vedder to perform at Concert For Sandy Relief

Comments

• SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    I havent paid any attention to this show, and this is my 1st time opening this thread.

Simple question.

How much were tickets to this event?
    And how difficult were they to get?

Thanks.
    so difficult to find....and

http://nj1015.com/scalpers-snatch-up-12 ... lper-poll/

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/concert- ... /id/466856
    Honestly was not impossible but did required some level of commitment to refreshing. I'm convinced TM drops tickets in waves, an event that sells out "immediately" is hardly ever sold out unless it's a tiny venue. I kept pulling single tickets in the $500-$750 range during the Chase pre-sale. $2,500 tickets were abundantly available, even during the public sale. Also managed to pull a few pairs in the $500-$750 range during the pre-sale. And then pulled some $250 tickets during the public sale. Yes, it would be nice to go on TM and get tickets right away, but if you were persistent and weren't looking for big blocks of tickets, it was possible. I think the $150-$250 were hardest to come by.

Speedy, ticket prices were $150, $250, $500, $750, $2,500.
  • When I tried, all I could pull were the $2,500 seats! Since I knew I couldn't afford them, I decided it would be best to stay home and watch on TV.
    Have fun everyone who is going, and can't wait to read the first hand accounts!! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
    When I tried, all I could pull were the $2,500 seats! Since I knew I couldn't afford them, I decided it would be best to stay home and watch on TV.
    Have fun everyone who is going, and can't wait to read the first hand accounts!! :D
    :cry::cry: I refreshed practically non-stop for almost 2 hours, so definitely not implying it was easy by any means. Probably 95% of the time I either got the no tickets available note or the $2,500 tickets. It's very demoralizing! I'm fortunate that I can generally block time in my day to fish for tickets and then make up for it later otherwise I'd be going to far fewer concerts.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    my desk paid $20,000 to robin hood for 10 tickets ..so $2,000 per

they are very good tickets though
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Lately I've found the phone apps the best way to go when dealing with TM and Live nation. I was able to pull up one of the $150 tickets 12 minutes into it. Either they are releasing them in waves as suggested above or they get dropped out of peoples ques, computers freeze, etc. Whenever their website has issues (like the soundgarden pre-sale) the app always seems to work.
  • Hey, folks!!! Don't forget to donate!!!

Despite the fact that the news organizations have done a terrible job reporting what is still going on, there are folks still in extremely dire straights.

Yes, NY/NJ is very lucky to get this sort of star power to support its efforts, but the gov't has failed this area no less than it did in Katrina, but for some reason the news organizations haven't deemed it as worthy as NOLA to get the images and messages across. Hopefully tonight they'll show some of the terrible situations that still exist, and we can all pitch in and help get these folks back on their feet. NYers are resilient, but this was a huge blow, and many are still down.

Yes, this will be a great show. Enjoy, but don't forget to help!!!
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    YES..PLEASE REMEMBER TO PICK UP THE PHONE DURING THE SHOW AND DONATE!!!!
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • I might pass on going and sit on my couch for 5 hours

i can flip around while the acts i don't like are on

most will think m crazy for passing on this ..just don't know about 5 hours on a wed night when i can watch on tv

the money was donated already...thats the most important thing ;)
    I hear ya buddy.
    Order a pizza and watch it on your couch.
    Save yourself $300 minimum.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    I might pass on going and sit on my couch for 5 hours

most will think m crazy for passing on this ..just don't know about 5 hours on a wed night when i can watch on tv

I hear ya buddy.

Nah we have the tickets from work as i mentined above....im just going back and forth with it

the idea of sitting home on a wed night is very tempting

the money was donated already which is most important
    i'll see later how my mood is
  • I might pass on going and sit on my couch for 5 hours

I hear ya buddy.

Nah we have the tickets from work as i mentined above....im just going back and forth with it

Your work bought tickets?
    Then get your ass to the show, and donate a nice Big Fat amount of $$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    I might pass on going and sit on my couch for 5 hours

Your work bought tickets?
    Then get your ass to the show, and donate a nice Big Fat amount of $$$$$$$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we donated $20,000 for 10 seats (my company did)

my ticket will get used in a heartbeat if i pass

and yes of course i will be donating ,,,,
  • suzie, if you traded your ticket for a Benny, how did you get another?
    2008 - MSG 6/24-6/25
    2010 - Newark 5/18 MSG 5/21
    2011 - PJ20 9/3-9/4
    2012 - MIA Festival 9/2
    2013 - Wrigley Field 7/19 Brooklyn 10/18-10/19 Philly 10/22
    2015 - Colbert show - 9/23 Global Citizens Festival 9/26
    2016 - Philly 4/28-4/29 MSG 5/1-5/2

• Save MeSave Me Posts: 147
    I'm going solo to this tonight and am so excited. Can't wait to hear/see Eddie doing Comfortably Numb with Roger and I'm sure he'll join in with The Who on a song.

Additionally my hero Billy Joel has a full 30 minute set and I heard rumors he may do Storm Front which is a rare track but an awesome song and quite relevant considering the reason for the event.
    "The Wild is chasing after me. Hot on my trail won't leave me alone. All I can see is your blood right in front of me, and I can't kill The Wild." Me
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    lets talk about what our boy will play...

i am guessing he gets 1-3 songs solo... which i think will include "rise", maybe "trouble"...

we know he is playing with roger waters on comfortable numb...

i assume he plays a tune with the who... no shit right? lol

he nails bruces "city of ruins" and "atlantic city"... both of which could be in bruces set... so i could see him joining them for one or both of those...

he has played "wild horses" with the stones before...

his contemporary dave grohl is in the house so who knows whats up there...

and i have a feeling uncle neil shows up for this event since he just finished his tour on the east coast on thursday...

so i dont think it will be the eddie vedder show where he plays with everyone... but there are definitely some great possibilities for our boy to collab tonight...

thoughts?
    ^^^^^ NO SOLO SONGS FOR VEDDER...JUST JOING OTHERS......IMO ^^^^
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

that would open the door for multipls collabs and i would personally love that
  • my2hands wrote:

that would open the door for multipls collabs and i would personally love that

I would love both-if Eddie did a couple solo songs, and then collabs with Springsteen, the Who, the Stones, and of course Roger Waters! :D:D
    "A beacon on dry land"
    suzie, if you traded your ticket for a Benny, how did you get another?
    I grabbed 2 singles. You think I would give up my only ticket to the show? NO EFFING WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329

Agree. No way he plays solo.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    :shock:

Nirvana reunion with Sir Paul McCratney standing in for Kurt.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Interesting....
  • Suziemay wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Interesting....

I say bullshit.

http://www.spin.com/#articles/paul-mcca ... t-12-12-12

All they did is neither confirm nor deny. (Though I find it funny Paul didn't even know who they are. Hysterical. Hope this does not happen. Paul's too good and classy - and has too much of his own good stuff - to be that low life.)
    Well, something's definitely happening, whether it's with Sir Paul or someone else.
    https://twitter.com/NirvanaNews/status/ ... 8104886272
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Suziemay wrote:
    Bathgate66 wrote:

Interesting....

I say bullshit.

http://www.spin.com/#articles/paul-mcca ... t-12-12-12

All they did is neither confirm nor deny. (Though I find it funny Paul didn't even know who they are. Hysterical. Hope this does not happen. Paul's too good and classy - and has too much of his own good stuff - to be that low life.)

it was on local TV here in NYC this morning
    they were said to have been rehearsing a few bits together.
    6 + more hours and we wil see.

Enjoy to everyone able to attend.
    ( Yes I'm very jealous )
    I'll be watching on my 56 inch HDMI-HDTV
    and DVR'ing from at home on my couch.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Suziemay wrote:
    Well, something's definitely happening, whether it's with Sir Paul or someone else.

Yep. I'm sure at this point Krist is showing up. And, maybe Paul is singing something new with them. That's not a Nirvana reunion to me, but whatever.

As they say - it will be what it will be. And what it will be is awesome!!!!

My only hope (which will probably not happen) is that they open the night with the MSG public address announcer bellowing - "Good Evening!!! And Welcome to the World's Most Famous Arena!!" Like they do before basketball and hockey games.

Can't wait. Just 5 more hours or so....
    - "Good Evening!!! And Welcome to the World's Most Famous Arena!!" Like they do before basketball and hockey games.

;)
  • somebody posted the entire night's tentative schedule including what songs will be played and no solo eddie listed. hope they are wrong but if not hope he appears several times with all his idols.
    The wisdom that the old can't give away

How I choose to feel is how I am
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,355
    Preorder the 12-12-12 The Concert for Sandy Relief Music over @ https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/12-12 ... d585701590
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Yaaay! Just found the concert on Starpics here in Australia! :D:D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,398
    "Yes, NY/NJ is very lucky to get this sort of star power to support its efforts, but the gov't has failed this area no less than it did in Katrina, but for some reason the news organizations haven't deemed it as worthy as NOLA to get the images and messages across."

as someone who lives 5 miles from the ocean and just drove through sea brite this afternoon I definitely disagree with this statement. this is no way close to katrina; if anything the government has done an amazing job as compared to what happen to new orleans. seems like fema learned their lessons. it was nice to see bipartisan unity between gov christie and president obama.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......