Eddie Vedder to perform at Concert For Sandy Relief

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    Suziemay wrote:
    Pre-order the full soundtrack from the 121212 concert on iTunes now, featuring Bon Jovi, Paul McCartney, Alicia Keys, Bruce Springsteen and more at http://www.itunes.com/121212.

Event organizers confirmed that CD will be available early next year, and price of the itunes show will not go up after the concert.

Only interested in the 12 record vinyl set. I wish.
    Bruce to open at 7:30

Wow. Bruce is the opening act for this show. Gonna be a great night. He probably has the biggest stage setup with his huge band so it makes sense to go first.
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Suziemay wrote:
    Pre-order the full soundtrack from the 121212 concert on iTunes now, featuring Bon Jovi, Paul McCartney, Alicia Keys, Bruce Springsteen and more at http://www.itunes.com/121212.

Event organizers confirmed that CD will be available early next year, and price of the itunes show will not go up after the concert.

Was thinking about asking them about releasing vinyl :) Honestly, I think if they think it will raise money they will do it!
  • Bruce to open at 7:30

Wow. Bruce is the opening act for this show. Gonna be a great night. He probably has the biggest stage setup with his huge band so it makes sense to go first.

Also, the fact that Bruce is from New Jersey makes perfect sense for him to open! I can hardly wait!! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
    Suziemay wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Was thinking about asking them about releasing vinyl :) Honestly, I think if they think it will raise money they will do it!

A lot of the fans of these bands especially have record players.
  • Can't wait, just keeps getting better and better :)
    Now if Robert Plant shows up, it will be complete

Yeah, where the hell are Robert Plant and Jimmy Page? Let's go, guys! :lol:
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Posts: 2,550
    Ed will be onstage with Roger Waters per Roger Waters

Presumably Mother
    Ed will be onstage with Roger Waters per Roger Waters

Presumably Mother

Hopefully he joins McCartney but that will probably Dave Grohl.

Don't shoot me, but not a huge fan of the song, but it will still be sweet hearing Ed and Roger trade off verses.
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This time tomorrow...

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Suziemay wrote:
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This time tomorrow...

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    awesome..have fun
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Suziemay wrote:
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This time tomorrow...

awesome..have fun
    I sure will!

dancegirl2.gifdancegirl2.gif
    Suziemay wrote:
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This time tomorrow...

awesome..have fun

I told my dad I was going to the show and it was going to be fun. He said, "You know, you can have fun spending $30 for a round of golf." He is right but, I'm still going.
  • eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    Suziemay wrote:
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This time tomorrow...

awesome..have fun

I told my dad I was going to the show and it was going to be fun. He said, "You know, you can have fun spending $30 for a round of golf." He is right but, I'm still going.

Not wanting want to dispute that, but I will have more fun watching this gig from half way around the world at 2:30am than playing a round of golf... :lol:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This time tomorrow...

awesome..have fun

It took my family years to understand how happy music makes me, I think they finally do. All they have to do is take a look at the big smile I have plastered on my face whenever I talk about PJ or whatever band/show I'm obsessing about at the moment. Most of the time it's PJ/EV.

The fun you would have with a round of golf will be nothing in comparison to this!
    Suziemay wrote:
    It took my family years to understand how happy music makes me, I think they finally do. All they have to do is take a look at the big smile I have plastered on my face whenever I talk about PJ or whatever band/show I'm obsessing about at the moment. Most of the time it's PJ/EV.

The fun you would have with a round of golf will be nothing in comparison to this!

Not even close. Can't wait to hang out in New York and "catch a show".
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I might pass on going and sit on my couch for 5 hours

i can flip around while the acts i don't like are on

most will think m crazy for passing on this ..just don't know about 5 hours on a wed night when i can watch on tv

the money was donated already...thats the most important thing ;)
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

most will think m crazy for passing on this ..just don't know about 5 hours on a wed night when i can watch on tv

A year from now you aren't going to remember how rough Thursday and Friday was, but you will remember the show. I have to get on a 6AM train for an all day meeting that starts at 8AM the next morning, but no way am I missing this!
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    Suziemay wrote:
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This time tomorrow...

Have the best time, Su May!

Wish I was home for this but will be happily streaming it online! I see epic collaborations to come!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Suziemay wrote:

A year from now you aren't going to remember how rough Thursday and Friday was, but you will remember the show. I have to get on a 6AM train for an all day meeting that starts at 8AM the next morning, but no way am I missing this!

ITS NOT THAT as much as i just don't care for half the acts...
    and i won't miss it as i will be able to see it live from my home

i'll see tomorrow

HAVE FUN SUZIE!!!!
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,940
    Suziemay wrote:

^^^This^^^. You will remember the show :) . It's the illuminati of the music world gathered together for a great cause. You get to witness greatness on many levels. Can't go wrong here. Must see tv (or reality for some lucky attendees ;) ).
    samjam wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

This time tomorrow...

Have the best time, Su May!

Wish I was home for this but will be happily streaming it online! I see epic collaborations to come!
    Thanks Sam!! Wish you and many others could have made it, but so happy that it will be streamed for all to see!
    Suziemay wrote:

ITS NOT THAT as much as i just don't care for half the acts...
    and i won't miss it as i will be able to see it live from my home

i'll see tomorrow

HAVE FUN SUZIE!!!!
    Thanks! I just had to say my peace, I almost didn't go to Alpine and one of my friends who's not even a fan knocked some sense into me. If you were on the brink I wanted to tip you over but you're no amateur so whatever works for you. Enjoy!
  • Suzie-where are you sitting/standing?
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Bruce is opening up the show at 730 promptly ,
    and will surely be in on any " finale"
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • viewtopic.php?f=4&t=200652

Eddie will sing Comfortably Numb with Roger Waters :)
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=200652

Sitting at the airport. This note just put a big smile on my face. Here is to 30 hours with no sleep.
  • http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=200652

Sitting at the airport. This note just put a big smile on my face. Here is to 30 hours with no sleep.
    have fun!!!! :)
  • I havent paid any attention to this show, and this is my 1st time opening this thread.

Simple question.

How much were tickets to this event?
    And how difficult were they to get?

Thanks.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • I havent paid any attention to this show, and this is my 1st time opening this thread.

Simple question.

Thanks.
    so difficult to find....and

http://nj1015.com/scalpers-snatch-up-12 ... lper-poll/

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/concert- ... /id/466856

Simple question.

Thanks.
    so difficult to find....and

http://nj1015.com/scalpers-snatch-up-12 ... lper-poll/

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/concert- ... /id/466856
    Thanks
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....