Eddie Vedder to perform at Concert For Sandy Relief

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    Looks like there are plenty of $500 tickets in the 200 section. Someone talk me in to pay for those.

If you wanted to/were going to give money to Sandy victims, here's your chance to get a little entertainment for your trouble. Every dollar is going to Sandy relief, and it's a reputable charity. $500 might be more than you were planning, but think of it as giving $250 and buying a $250 ticket to see The Who, Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, et. al.

Yep. Problem is I still have to get to NY and get hotel. Was hoping $150-$250 tickets existed.
  • Looks like there are plenty of $500 tickets in the 200 section. Someone talk me in to pay for those.

If you wanted to/were going to give money to Sandy victims, here's your chance to get a little entertainment for your trouble. Every dollar is going to Sandy relief, and it's a reputable charity. $500 might be more than you were planning, but think of it as giving $250 and buying a $250 ticket to see The Who, Paul McCartney, Roger Waters, et. al.

Yep. Problem is I still have to get to NY and get hotel. Was hoping $150-$250 tickets existed.

Ah!! Yes. $7 train ticket is a hell of a lot different than finding a hotel in NYC during the holiday season.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • slobberdog68slobberdog68 Posts: 689
    edited December 2012
    Well, I can't believe this but after trying to get tickets @ 9 am pre-sale I saw on the ticket master site "retailers" I put in my zip and low and behold, they have a ticket masters still @ Dpt Stores! I thought these things were obsolete! Drove up, 12 noon on the dot, waited for the gift wrapping dpt old ladies to stop wrapping gifts and got myself 4 tickets @ $150 for the show! Section 221, 2nd row...I'll take it! :P
    Post edited by slobberdog68 on
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Eric Clapton just added to show!!! Yowzers.

EDIT: Are the Stones to come?

I think curfew will be broken.
  • I just heard Stones might come, Clapton added earlier today. Cannot wait!!!

• SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    If anyone needs a single in section 101 for $750, PM me. I grabbed a $500 ticket and then thought I pulled section 108 Apparently I can't read. I think 108 tickets were going for far higher than $750.

Can email ticket right away!
  • GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ Posts: 1,080
    I cannot get any tickets!!!!! :'(

If this place (F5) has taught you anything, keep trying. I got tickets like 45 minutes after the Chase thing started, and by that point, I was pulling pairs, throwing them back and getting others until I got ones I liked.

Floor is $2,500 EDITED this. Got it wrong before

100 section is $750
    200 section is $500 (only pulled OBSTRUCTED VIEW/EXTREME SIDE! - yes with caps and ! for this price)

There's also $250 and $150 price levels, but not sure where those are. Haven't pulled any of those, yet. Not sure if the Chase pre-sale had any of those.

Believe me, I've tried everything! I even stayed home from work for this, because my computer is much faster than the ones they have at my job. I think I've learned a new language from all those security check words. :lol: F5 was my middle name this morning and all I was able to pull was the $2,500 tix a couple of times, and that is definitely out of my budget. :cry:
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, Las Vegas 1 & 2
    Suziemay wrote:
    If anyone needs a single in section 101 for $750, PM me. I grabbed a $500 ticket and then thought I pulled section 108 Apparently I can't read. I think 108 tickets were going for far higher than $750.

$250 and we have a deal ;)

I don't think you'll have trouble selling your extra. Have fun at the show.
    Well, I can't believe this but after trying to get tickets @ 9 am pre-sale I saw on the ticket master site "retailers" I put in my zip and low and behold, they have a ticket master still @ BOSCOVS! I thought these things were obsolete! Drove up, 12 noon on the dot, waited for the gift wrapping dpt old ladies to stop wrapping gifts and got myself 4 tickets @ $150 for the show! Section 221, 2nd row...I'll take it! :P

If you bought four tickets so that you would have extra tickets to sell to complete strangers from Indiana, let me know!!!!
    Suziemay wrote:

Thanks! I dunno, $750/ ticket is a lot of money. I'm an idiot :lol::lol:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:

Thanks! I dunno, $750/ ticket is a lot of money. I'm an idiot :lol::lol:

I've probably ate the cost of $500 in concert tickets this year because plans changed or I wanted to upgrade and couldn't sell my extras like I thought I would. It happens. Although, $750 is a lot for one ticket. Good luck. The show will be worth it.
    I've probably ate the cost of $500 in concert tickets this year because plans changed or I wanted to upgrade and couldn't sell my extras like I thought I would. It happens. Although, $750 is a lot for one ticket. Good luck. The show will be worth it.
    Thanks! Been there, done that :lol::lol: I'm not even going to tally how much I've wasted. I mean, if I'm going to do this nonsense I might as well have gone for that $2,500 ticket right? I try to upgrade all the time, thankfully my brain was working today and I stopped at one upgrade. It was slim pickins anyway, those $2,500 tickets kept popping up :lol::lol:
  • The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 575
    is this being televised?
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
    MSG 1+2 '24
  • Got my ticket for $750.00. I dipped into the Pearl Jam fund since it's been sitting unused this year. I really hope Eddie jams with The Who.... it's on my bucket list of things I wanna see.

Section 120... not too bad. I'm just happy to be able to go. :D
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    is this being televised?

Yes on AMC. I would have went but having it on a Wednesday is ridiculous, so I suppose I'll just DVR it and have something for the weekend.
  • Well, I can't believe this but after trying to get tickets @ 9 am pre-sale I saw on the ticket master site "retailers" I put in my zip and low and behold, they have a ticket master still @ BOSCOVS! I thought these things were obsolete! Drove up, 12 noon on the dot, waited for the gift wrapping dpt old ladies to stop wrapping gifts and got myself 4 tickets @ $150 for the show! Section 221, 2nd row...I'll take it! :P

If you bought four tickets so that you would have extra tickets to sell to complete strangers from Indiana, let me know!!!!

Sorry, 2 friends going with us ;)

Still looking for a ticket if anyone has any extra that became available
  • This was from before Eddie was announced… Would be kinda disappointing if true but I'll still be enjoying it from Sect 208 anyway.

Rolling Stone reports that the schedule for “12-12-12” has McCartney and West, along with The Who, Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, and Roger Waters, each playing 45-minute sets. The rest of the announced acts will join one or more of the main acts on stage. The lineup includes Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Joel and Alicia Keys. For now, organizers plan on the entire show taking four-and-a-half hours.

http://www.pollstar.com/news_article.aspx?ID=803398
  • I'm hoping Eddie does his set and then comes out to do Baba O' Riley with, The Who ;)

Pearl Joe wrote:
    This was from before Eddie was announced… Would be kinda disappointing if true but I'll still be enjoying it from Sect 208 anyway.

Rolling Stone reports that the schedule for “12-12-12” has McCartney and West, along with The Who, Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, and Roger Waters, each playing 45-minute sets. The rest of the announced acts will join one or more of the main acts on stage. The lineup includes Jon Bon Jovi, Billy Joel and Alicia Keys. For now, organizers plan on the entire show taking four-and-a-half hours.

With that many people I don't know that I'd want every artist to get their own set. It is great that Eddie is there, but I'd vote for 45 minutes of McCartney, of the Who, and Bruce with Eddie joining in on a few songs.
  • You don't think Eddie will play on his own? :o

Pearl Joe wrote:
    For now, organizers plan on the entire show taking four-and-a-half hours.

Holy crap! I better start loading up on coffee now!
    Um, yeah, so the Rolling Stones were just added.

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/ ... t-concert/
  • Wow-the Rolling Stones too! Sure wish I was going. Well, now Eddie has lots of people to join on stage-maybe he'll do songs with the Who, Springsteen, and the Stones!! :D

Can't wait to watch and can't wait to read the reports from those lucky enough to be there!! :thumbup:
    "A beacon on dry land"
    I'm almost afraid to go now. I might pass out just from being in the same room with all that music awesomeness!

(no, you may not have my ticket)
  • Can't wait, just keeps getting better and better :)
    Now if Robert Plant shows up, it will be complete

• Suziemay wrote:
    I'm almost afraid to go now. I might pass out just from being in the same room with all that music awesomeness!

Suziemay, you will have the time of your life at that concert!! :D I can't wait to read your report! Have a wonderful, wonderful time!! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    This line up is all kinds of :o :shock: :o :shock: :o :shock:
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Show starts at 715 not 730
  • Suziemay wrote:

The Stones, The Who, Clapton and a Beatle!

In the same room. This is like nothing we've ever seen before.

Rock 'n Roll Circus w/o Marriane ;)