Eddie Vedder to perform at Concert For Sandy Relief

Comments

• SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Suziemay wrote:
    I'm almost afraid to go now. I might pass out just from being in the same room with all that music awesomeness!

(no, you may not have my ticket)

The Stones, The Who, Clapton and a Beatle!

In the same room. This is like nothing we've ever seen before.

Rock 'n Roll Circus w/o Marriane ;)
    And Ed with his idols :D
  • Suziemay wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    I'm almost afraid to go now. I might pass out just from being in the same room with all that music awesomeness!

(no, you may not have my ticket)

The Stones, The Who, Clapton and a Beatle!

In the same room. This is like nothing we've ever seen before.

Rock 'n Roll Circus w/o Marriane ;)
    And Ed with his idols :D

Us, too! Only he gets to not pay and be on stage. :D
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 695
    I will be there thanks to SuzieMay. Looking forward to a historic night. My first concert was Pink Floyd at the Garden on the Animals tour July 4th 1977. Roger Waters and I have have both aged a bit since then, but were still rocking. I can't wait to see Ed play with his favorites. It's great to see this lineup come together for such a worthwhile cause. Wednesday can't come soon enough. Maybe Ed will have a poster sold at the event for charity.

Andrew
    I'm so glad things worked out the way they did, Andrew! The concert is going to be spectacular, you obviously have to be there. Not to mention I also got something I've been wanting for a long time :D:D:D

Would love a show poster, but I get the feeling if there is, it won't be a screen print given the short time but who knows!

All I know is it's going to be epic. :mrgreen:
  • Last line from Bruce (via Newsday) :shock:

The “12-12-12” benefit for victims of Hurricane Sandy is shaping up to be the largest musical event in history, reaching nearly 2 billion people through television, radio and the Internet, the Madison Square Garden concert's producers said Friday.
    Wednesday night's show gained even more star power, as the Rolling Stones joined the already massive lineup that includes Billy Joel, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band, Kanye West and The Who. Producers also revealed that Leonardo DiCaprio, Billy Crystal, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jon Stewart, Kristen Stewart are among the stars who will introduce the musical acts, as well as some of those who have helped victims of the superstorm.
    The concert has already raised $30 million for the Robin Hood Foundation, which plans on distributing the proceeds from “12-12-12” as quickly as possible, according to the foundation's executive director David Saltzman, adding that every penny generated by the show and donated by the public during the show will go to help those in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut hurt by the storm.
    “Our neighbors were killed,” Saltzman said, explaining the reason for the concert. “Our neighbors became homeless. Our neighbors lost their jobs. Right now, our neighbors are cold, our neighbors are hungry and our neighbors are lost. They need all of us to come together as one giant, caring community to help.”
    The concert is expected to last more than four hours, though producer Harvey Weinstein said that Springsteen has already told him, “Nobody's pulling the plug at Madison Square Garden that night.”
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,838
    Anyone have an extra ticket? I would like to purchase one. PLLLEEAASSEEE :D
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread but does anyone know if a schedule has been released so I can work out the timing for trying to watch Ed + other bands in the online stream?
    Cheers. :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • I checked hbo's website for wednesday night's schedule: 121212 is to be broadcast from 7:30 et until midnight et.

Very pleased!

Wonder if stations other than hbo and showtime will broadcast commercial free?
    So not the most mindblowing merch, but merch is now available online: http://store.121212concert.org/

90% of retail price being donated to Robin Hood Relief Fund. All shirts and sweatshirts are screen printed by Factory77 on Long Island.
  • Thanks for the info, Suziemay-just ordered a hoodie from them. Good cause! :thumbup:
    Can't wait for the show!! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    got an email..show starts 715 pm and is supposed to be 4 1/2 hours
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • To everyone who is going: Have a fantastic time!!! :D
    Can't wait to read all your reviews!! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"
    Bootlegger10 has a ticket!
  • Bootlegger10 has a ticket!

YEA! Have a blast, bootlegger10! :D
    "A beacon on dry land"

YEA! Have a blast, bootlegger10! :D

Thanks! And I didn't have to trade away any vinyl :D , just cash :? . Ha. Should be one to remember.

I think it will be an interesting show. I don't think it will be like a PJ show where you really get mentally into it since there will be lots of breaks and downtime I'm assuming. But I think that will be made up for in pure awesomeness of the musicians.
  • It will definitely be a once in a lifetime opportunity to see all those great musicians in one night!! :D And best of all, Eddie will be there!! :D:D

Glad you didn't have to trade away any vinyl! :)
    "A beacon on dry land"
    greenstars.gifbliss.gif47b20s0.gif
  • We'll it seems like a bunch of people are going, anyone plan on meeting up for a few drinks beforehand?
    We'll it seems like a bunch of people are going, anyone plan on meeting up for a few drinks beforehand?
    I really wish I could, but I'll be lucky if I make the show on time :( It would be perfect warm-up to the show, but alas my warm-up will have to be sprinting from midtown with a stop at a halal cart somewhere in between :fp:
  • I can't believe I'm going to be there Wednesday night... still pinching myself to make sure it's real. This is going to be epic, and I can't believe I was lucky enough to score a ticket at face value. Coworkers are now coming up to me to tell me that the Rolling Stones were just added. They are almost more excited than I am. :lol:
    Pitt 98, Pitt 00, Cleveland 03, Pitt 03, State College 03, Toledo 04, Toronto 05, Pitt 05, Cleveland 06, Pitt 06 & Chicago 07, Chicago 1&2 09, Philly 2,3,4 09, Cleveland 10, Columbus 10, Alpine Valley 1& 2 11
  • So excited for everyone who is going to attend that fantastic concert! Surely, it will be the most memorable event of the year for rock music lovers all aroung the world!!!

Can you please post your views and pics and all the goodies and anecdotes for those unlucky ones of us who won't attend?

I will try any how to record it for later viewing ....
  • DrdealDrdeal Posts: 695
    Show starts at 7:15. Not 7:30 which is printed on tix. Doors at 6:15. I will be on that lineup. Ed will put his stamp on this event and bring what only he can bring to the festivities as he joins his idols on stage at the most famous arena on earth for a great cause. Here comes a new page in rock history. Can't wait!!

Regards, Andrew
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,355
    Tonight's the night! :)
  • The first two artists approached were Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney, who both signed on immediately. And from there the roster started filling quickly, in part due to the musicians’ efforts: Eddie Vedder signed on after getting a call from Roger Waters, while McCartney reached out to Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters.

http://m.nypost.com/p/entertainment/the ... OsGZ8RsqQL
  • 100 Pacer100 Pacer Posts: 8,902
    demetrios wrote:
    Tonight's the night! :)

Don't you mean tomorrow?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Missoula, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
    The first two artists approached were Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney, who both signed on immediately. And from there the roster started filling quickly, in part due to the musicians’ efforts: Eddie Vedder signed on after getting a call from Roger Waters, while McCartney reached out to Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters.

Eew Kristin Stewart.

I suppose I'll just have to suck it up :lol::lol: That has got to be the coolest list of rockstars that are going to be under one roof! Not a Kanye fan but have to admit he will probably put on a good show.

ONE MORE SLEEP!
  • Suziemay wrote:
    The first two artists approached were Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney, who both signed on immediately. And from there the roster started filling quickly, in part due to the musicians’ efforts: Eddie Vedder signed on after getting a call from Roger Waters, while McCartney reached out to Dave Grohl of the Foo Fighters.

Eew Kristin Stewart.

I suppose I'll just have to suck it up :lol::lol: That has got to be the coolest list of rockstars that are going to be under one roof! Not a Kanye fan but have to admit he will probably put on a good show.

ONE MORE SLEEP!

Kayne will be a nice bathroom/refill break for me :lol:
    Already having trouble focusing at work. This is not going to go down well :lol::lol:
    Pre-order the full soundtrack from the 121212 concert on iTunes now, featuring Bon Jovi, Paul McCartney, Alicia Keys, Bruce Springsteen and more at http://www.itunes.com/121212.

Event organizers confirmed that CD will be available early next year, and price of the itunes show will not go up after the concert.
  • Bruce to open at 7:30