Eddie Vedder to perform at Concert For Sandy Relief

Comments

• JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    Love Reign O'er Me...
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • I've loved the Who since I was about two years old. They really need Ed for this set.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • JV130312JV130312 Posts: 2,457
    looks like he's getting "shut out."
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Well, that was tremendous. Just wonderful. I've loved that song for so long.

Now, as for what Adam Sandler just did to "Hallelujah," I hope Leonard Cohen tracks him down and slaps him. I cannot believe that just happened. :evil:

Agreed!!! I love lenoard and although a fan of Adam - that was a massacre!
    Now for the fact that we didn't get to see Ed but for 2 fucking minutes!!!! Totally sucks....
  • GirlLovesPJGirlLovesPJ Posts: 1,080
    Where the hell is Eddie???????

Those who bought the tickets just for him must be pretty pissed right about now. :x
    2012: Philadelphia, Atlanta
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Oslo, Gdynia, Leeds, Cincinnati, St. Paul, Milwaukee
    2015: New York City, Mexico City
    2016: Miami, Columbia, New York City 2, Quebec City, Chicago 2
    2018: Seattle 1 & 2, Boston 1 & 2
    2022: New York City 2, Camden
    2023: St. Paul 1 & 2, Chicago 2, Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vancouver 1 & 2, Las Vegas 1 & 2
  • I love The Who, but I wish Roger had kept his shirt buttoned. What looked good forty years ago doesn't look so good now!
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • (Though I find it funny Paul didn't even know who they are. Hysterical. Hope this does not happen. Paul's too good and classy - and has too much of his own good stuff - to be that low life.)

ah, classy as ever.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • calvo17calvo17 Posts: 440
    Eddie playing with Roger Waters :shock: We saw history today. Simply EPIC.
    If I knew where it was, I would take you there.
    11/20/11 San Jose, Costa Rica
    10/18/13 Brooklyn 1
    10/19/13 Brooklyn 2
    10/21/13 Philly 1
    10/22/13 Philly 2 (BREATH!!)
    10/25/13 Hartford
    10/22/14 Denver (BREATH!!!)
  • groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    Fun show. Agree Roger needs to keep his shirt on. What's up with advertising Eddie and then he sings one song, not even his own? :?
    Kanye!!! Where did you leave your pom poms????
    2013: Sao Paulo, Buenos Aires, Chicago, Worcester 1 & 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Hartford, Baltimore
  • I am hoping and praying that Ed comes on to do another song!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I hope Ed didn't get the wrong idea when Roger kissed him....I mean, Roger likes him, but I don't thnk he "LIKES Him" likes him!
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Does he always wear a skirt?
    Does he always wear a skirt?
    No, he just pulled it out of Kim's closet tonight... ;)
  • iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    Come back on stage Eddie....
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Woulda been nice to see Ed play his own set, but in terms of appealing to the masses, he is not in the same class as The Who, The Stones, Macca, Roger Waters, Bruce and Clapton.
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,988
    a 'shout out' from Drunk Uncle... :lol:
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    Woulda been nice to see Ed play his own set, but in terms of appealing to the masses, he is not in the same class as The Who, The Stones, Macca, Roger Waters, Bruce and Clapton.

That may be, but for Chris Martin/Kanye to get time and Ed did not?!!!! Just Bullshit! he got a good cheer from the crowd when he was on - people know who he is....
    It looked to me, when Ed was on stage, he didn't look all that happy. We fans that have seen him many times on stage and films/video and chats, know that he does not have a good 'poker face'. - something is/was amiss with his performance. Hopefully all is well.
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,355
    Links removed by Admin
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,347
    Kayne will be a nice bathroom/refill break for me :lol:[/quote]

Love it I am watching it and he is a joke wearing a kilt come on.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,794
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Yea. But when people tweet things like this i guess it doesn't matter

JWOWW ‏@JENNIWOWW
    Why did people just boo Bruce Springsteen during the #121212Concert ?
    I miss igotid88
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    PLEASE DONATE TO MY FRIENDS AND NEIGHBORS

ANYTHING HELPS

THANK YOU
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    i said vedder had no solo time

done for the night
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • RhinoJamRhinoJam Posts: 596
    seemed like Ed had a cold or something... ?
    Charlotte 10/4/96 Raleigh 8/31/98 Charlotte 8/4/00 Raleigh 4/15/03 Asheville 10/6/04
    Bonnaroo 6/14/08 Spectrum 10/30/09 Spectrum 10/31/09 Atlanta 9/22/12 Wrigley 7/19/13
    Baltimore 10/27/13 Charlottesville 10/29/13 Charlotte 10/30/13 OKC 11/16/13
    St. Louis 10/03/14 Greenville 4/16/16 Hampton 4/18/16
    Columbia 4/21/16 Wrigley 8/18/18
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

That may be, but for Chris Martin/Kanye to get time and Ed did not?!!!! Just Bullshit! he got a good cheer from the crowd when he was on - people know who he is....
    It looked to me, when Ed was on stage, he didn't look all that happy. We fans that have seen him many times on stage and films/video and chats, know that he does not have a good 'poker face'. - something is/was amiss with his performance. Hopefully all is well.
    He looked to me like he was completely fucking nervous. He was just staring ahead and seemed to be really focusing on his lines/singing.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

He looked to me like he was completely fucking nervous. He was just staring ahead and seemed to be really focusing on his lines/singing.

I think so, too. Maybe Waters sensed this, and that's why he kissed him, haha. That did get a little laugh out of Ed.
  • I thought Ed sounded great and the crowd clearly loved him being there.
    :thumbup:
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • I thought Ed sounded great and the crowd clearly loved him being there.
    :thumbup:

I agree! I can't understand why Ed didn't get his own set. :?
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I Loved Ed singing with Roger Waters I would have liked to have seen ed sing with a few more people or solo but,I disagree about the same class Ed singing covers are sometimes better than original yeah I said it.:twisted: :twisted:
  • calvo17 wrote:
    Eddie playing with Roger Waters :shock: We saw history today. Simply EPIC.

This.

I thought Ed was wonderful and kept trying to imagine what it must have meant to him to have the opportunity to sing The Wall with Roger Waters at MSG. Of course I wanted more, but just what I got was worth the price alone.

Clapton was mesmerizing. The Stones were fantastic and Jagger was utterly compelling. McCartney was sensational and commanding. I had often wondering what a Pink Floyd concert would be like. I think I got some idea.