Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,594
    Pap said:

PJ_Soul said:

Pap said:

50$ for a set of mugs to be shipped in the UK?! :-O You must be kidding me guys... This is getting ridiculous... You have to do something about it.

Huh? You mean just the shipping is $50??
    No. 50$ in total.
    Oh... well.if the mugs are $35, that that's actually pretty cheap shipping to the UK, unfortunately. 10c is often out of line with shipping costs, but not in this case.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    Just wanted to reiterate the request for a separate live show requests forum. The Porch is absolutely packed with these requests - understandable since there isn't really another place for them (besides Given to Fly), and nothing wrong with them.... But it really has become too much for the Porch. It overwhelmes the board, constantly bumping off the PJ discussion threads.

These requests are for 10c to see and consider.... it seems like it would be easier for you guys if there was a dedicated place for them all!

Thanks!
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158

is it possible to make at pearl jam music section -category another forum about merch only??
    will be easy to find all in one place and at porch we can talk about what is suppose to be , Pearl Jam's music, tour, appearances, causes they support, etc.
    thank you

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,920
    Would it be possible for Pearl Jam to bring back their live Twitter set list relay? It was so much fun & exciting when you guy's did your South American '13 tour. Yes it was only 3 show's, but it was AWESOME!!!! Love the live photo shots. Totally missed how exciting that was. It sucks that you guy's stopped doing it. A huge blow. :(

Please bring it back.

D
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    When will you all send us a digital copy of the Bellingham 00' show for those that ordered the vinyl?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    TO42596TO42596 The Netherlands Posts: 141
    I love to listen back to the shows I attend, so I always buy the bootlegs of the shows I've been to and like to have the hard-copy. I sucks though that I have to wait for them to arrive for a couple of weeks. Would be great to get a digital download also when purchasing the CD.
    2000 London I
    2006 Arnhem & Prague
    2012 Amsterdam I & II / EV Amsterdam II
    2013 Buenos Aires & Wrigley Field / Brad Utrecht / Soundgarden Oslo & Amsterdam
    2014 Amsterdam I & II, Vienna, Berlin & Leeds / Soundgarden Santiago, Utrecht & Tilburg
    2016 MSG I & II, Quebec City, Fenway Park I & II
    2018 Amsterdam I & II, Krakow & Berlin
    2022 Stockholm, Copenhagen, Amsterdam & Toronto
    2023 Austin I & II
  • Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Reading the latest Setlists and Reviews it will be good to maybe get an Australian Tour soon ;)
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,758
    A non-essential little bothersome detail that bugs me: When a post is edited, it is stated in glaring red letters that the post was edited. This reminds of all those red pen marks in school days that never really felt like friendly advice or helpful corrections. I would rather see something less obvious and reprimanding. Perhaps mauve or periwinkle? :-D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianlux said:

A non-essential little bothersome detail that bugs me: When a post is edited, it is stated in glaring red letters that the post was edited. This reminds of all those red pen marks in school days that never really felt like friendly advice or helpful corrections. I would rather see something less obvious and reprimanding. Perhaps mauve or periwinkle? :-D

Haha. I notice this too, because I have typos in almost EVERY post I make - I hate those red letters, reminding me that I can't post coherently the first time!! :P
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Haha. I notice this too, because I have typos in almost EVERY post I make - I hate those red letters, reminding me that I can't post coherently the first time!! :P
    Good to know I'm not the only one- both in terms of hating the red letters and having a hard time getting a typo-free post right the first time! ;-)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    brianlux said:

Yeah it's like being marked on an essay or something lol
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Good to know I'm not the only one- both in terms of hating the red letters and having a hard time getting a typo-free post right the first time! ;-)
    Awhile back, I read how some teachers in the UK were banned from using red pencils/pens to correct their students' work. It made the kids "feel bad".

Hrrmph!

Anyway, it'd be nice to have a grace period of five or so minutes till the note appears.

I wonder if the edited thing is to balance the added "preview" function...as if the mods said, here's your chance to make sure everything's good to go. If you can't get it together from there, damn straight the fact that you edited will be shown!

• Options
    edited October 2014
    hedonist said:

brianlux said:

PJ_Soul said:

brianlux said:

Awhile back, I read how some teachers in the UK were banned from using red pencils/pens to correct their students' work. It made the kids "feel bad".

Hrrmph!

Anyway, it'd be nice to have a grace period of five or so minutes till the note appears.

I wonder if the edited thing is to balance the added "preview" function...as if the mods said, here's your chance to make sure everything's good to go. If you can't get it together from there, damn straight the fact that you edited will be shown!

That banning red ink thing is true, that is infuriating! ... It will be interesting to see just how much this kind of shit fucks up the adults of tomorrow.

There actually is no preview feature on the mobile version, and that's when you need it most, because of auto correct! That's why I have to edit most of the time! Sure i could be more careful and read all my posts before saving, but it seems I'm way too into conversation mode for that to come to me, lol. Anyway, for now I just have to accept that the red letters have kind of become a trademark for my posts, lol.

(Edit: v v v fuck! See?! :P )
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Hahaha...scarlet letters :D
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    I serpose if your goeing to tell me I shuld have paid more attencion to those red marcs?

Sorry, I ment "shud hav"
    Post edited by brianlux on

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    No, no brian... evry on noes its "shud of"!
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options

No, no brian... evry on noes its "shud of"!

So rite you are, oftenreading! I hate speling!

• Options
    dot30dot30 The Great Midwest Posts: 83
    When I'm in the app and in the forum, I clicked on "view full site", how do I get back to the original view??
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable.
  • Options
    dot30 said:

When I'm in the app and in the forum, I clicked on "view full site", how do I get back to the original view??

There is a teensy, tiny, barely visible blue link down at the far left corner. Click that (you'll probably have to zoom in just to be able to click on it). I had to go to the tech help forum to find it, lol.
  • Options
    dot30dot30 The Great Midwest Posts: 83
    PJ_Soul said:

dot30 said:

There is a teensy, tiny, barely visible blue link down at the far left corner. Click that (you'll probably have to zoom in just to be able to click on it). I had to go to the tech help forum to find it, lol.
    Holy cow is that small! Never would have found it, so thanks so much for the help!
    Once you hold the hand of love, it's all surmountable.
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,300
    I know this has been mentioned before - and will continue to be mentioned again and again in the future - but it really sucks when limited edition items go on sale with no warning in the middle of the night (Aus-time) and sell out before any of us wake up. I get that the US is where the largest % of the fan base may be but it hardly seems fair to the fans that aren't on US-time.

And don't get me started on the US-only mystery boxes...
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i know this has been mentioned before - and will continue to be mentioned again and again..... i would like another canadian tour after the holidays. preferrably ontario. if someone would get on that, i would appreciate it. kthxbai.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    What's the word on that Android app? I think you guys said there was a plan in the works for one about 2 years ago. A lot of Android users here. An app for us would be cool! iPhone users get one, so it only seems fair. ;) The mobile version of this website is a lot better than it used to be, since you can actually post stuff without having a mental breakdown, which is appreciated, but there is a lot missing from it too. Maybe an app would make up for that. :)
  • Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    PJ_Soul said:

What's the word on that Android app? I think you guys said there was a plan in the works for one about 2 years ago. A lot of Android users here. An app for us would be cool! iPhone users get one, so it only seems fair. ;) The mobile version of this website is a lot better than it used to be, since you can actually post stuff without having a mental breakdown, which is appreciated, but there is a lot missing from it too. Maybe an app would make up for that. :)

Have you tried using this site to keep track of your stats:
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/
    It's not an app...but it is a GREAT resource for us android users!!
    They even update the show stats LIVE,
    so you don't have to wait for an app update to get your new stats!!
    Check it out...I LOVE it!! :-bd
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,828
    Those of us who are valiant 10C members outside of the US would appreciate if the special events were open to us, too (I'm speaking of the current "private" EV concert for those donating to EB research).
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    Has it already been mentioned.,About an option to preorder posters when you win your ticket raffle? I agree with fans it would help the wishlist attendance. Also cut down on those merchandise lines.
  • Options
    Tour suggestion
    1. Seeing how Seattle is the birth place of PJ could it always be the last stop on tour so the band can unwind, drink a little more or "get a little sloppy" as EV put it last year and hopefully play a 3 1/2 hour long set (12/06/13 show) since they'll be able to sleep in the next day with no other obligations to fulfill for the tour? lol
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Stickers!!

I love them! you love them! we all love them!

thing is, after you stick them somewhere, it's there forever. so when the refrigerator shits the bed with all those cool stickers on it, you have to throw out all those bitchin' stickers :(

so how about making stickers into magnets! that way we can keep our "stickers" with us forever

and think of this tim, rob...reissue old stickers as magnets...cash cow

thanks for kinda listening :)
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,304
    Please release a new DVD soon!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    First of all, thank you for all that you do. That's probably not said enough. One thing, and sorry if it has already been posted but if you could do a pre-sale for show specific merchandise that would be fantastic. Perhaps different bundles with a shirt, sticker, button, and boot, etc. The lines and resale market are out of control and I think it takes away from the great experiences that happen with the pre-show fundraisers and meet-ups before the show. Pearl Jam concerts are a unique experience to many of us and the hours spent in line to buy a poster just to avoid paying triple on the resale market is beginning to take away from that. I think this would be a very welcomed addition to the tour experience. Thanks.