Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    joseph33 said:

Can anything be done about 10C members selling 10C tickets on StubHub for ridiculous prices? Doesn't seem to be right for members to be able to do that for monetary gain.

Agreed.

2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,418
    On this new website. Is there a way (or could we get the ability) to not see the sticky threads when we would click on "Recent Discussions?" It's way cluttered up with all the sticky's there...

I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,762
    JV130312 said:

On this new website. Is there a way (or could we get the ability) to not see the sticky threads when we would click on "Recent Discussions?" It's way cluttered up with all the sticky's there...

If you click the little gear to the right of the title you can dismiss the topic. Them it will fall into place to where it was last updated.
  • Options
    ozgurkdozgurkd Juneau, Alaska Posts: 434
    I am so angry at PJ for not coming to Alaska and/or Turkiye
    Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    Clarkie1971Clarkie1971 Belfast Posts: 17
    edited July 2014
    Does anybody know if European tour merchanise will be available from the online shop once the current tour finishes next week at Milton Keynes?
    Post edited by Clarkie1971 on
    London 2009
    Belfast 2010
    Manchester 2012
    Amsterdam 2014
    Milton Keynes 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    London 2018
    Madrid 2018
  • Options
    JV130312JV130312 STATE OF LOVE & TRUST Posts: 2,418

JV130312 said:

If you click the little gear to the right of the title you can dismiss the topic. Them it will fall into place to where it was last updated.
    I like that, but I also liked having the stickies at the top in the forums they belong...if that makes sense?
    I Know All The Rules But The Rules Do Not Know Me.
  • Options
    melissachunmelissachun Posts: 107
    I think it would be great if need/want tickets posts had their own section, and there was the ability to sort the posts by city. I realize the search function is an option, but it's not entirely reliable. It would be even better if these posts could have "expiration dates", so they would either be deleted or moved to an "inactive" section the day after the show.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    just wanted to politely ask that the 10c stop assigning 10c tickets on the back of the floor... ANYWHERE in the lower bowl is better than the back of the floor... my GF won 10c tickets to Charlotte last year, as did my buddy and his GF, both with #'s in the 400's, and both sets of tickets were WAY back in the back section of the floor... my GF is 5'3 and couldnt see ANYTHING the entire show, literally couldnt see anything on the stage.... my buddy and his GF couldnt see anything either... i am 6'4 and i barely saw anything at all on the stage and pretty much watched the entire show on the video screen... that sucks when you are a dedicated die hard fan and travel and make a vacation out of seeing the best band on the planet... the slightest of elevation that is gained by having a lower bowl seat is priceless, especially when you are vertically challenged :D

please negotiate for more lower bowl seating and less back of the floor seating... unless it is MSG where they have the risers :)
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    my2hands said:

just wanted to politely ask that the 10c stop assigning 10c tickets on the back of the floor... ANYWHERE in the lower bowl is better than the back of the floor... my GF won 10c tickets to Charlotte last year, as did my buddy and his GF, both with #'s in the 400's, and both sets of tickets were WAY back in the back section of the floor... my GF is 5'3 and couldnt see ANYTHING the entire show, literally couldnt see anything on the stage.... my buddy and his GF couldnt see anything either... i am 6'4 and i barely saw anything at all on the stage and pretty much watched the entire show on the video screen... that sucks when you are a dedicated die hard fan and travel and make a vacation out of seeing the best band on the planet... the slightest of elevation that is gained by having a lower bowl seat is priceless, especially when you are vertically challenged :D

please negotiate for more lower bowl seating and less back of the floor seating... unless it is MSG where they have the risers :)

I second that. Back of the floor seats on a flat floor are the worst in the house IMO (I'd rather have seats up near the rafters!). 10C seats should not be the worst seats at the venue.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    i met GOD this tour..i dont care my voice get heart at all
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142

i met GOD this tour..i dont care my voice get heart at all

Never wash or shower ever again.
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,165

JV130312 said:

Amazing, thank you! That has been driving me nuts.
  • Options
    How many more times do I need to say. It is so disrespectful of Eddie not to play solo shows in Alaska when he sings songs from Into the Wild in Portugal, Brazil etc. I hopefully soon go back to not listening to them. I managed for like more than half year anyway since they also do not come to Turkey in 14 years but go nearly every city in Italy etc. What has gotten into them lately?
    Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    ozgurkd said:

How many more times do I need to say. It is so disrespectful of Eddie not to play solo shows in Alaska when he sings songs from Into the Wild in Portugal, Brazil etc. I hopefully soon go back to not listening to them. I managed for like more than half year anyway since they also do not come to Turkey in 14 years but go nearly every city in Italy etc. What has gotten into them lately?

Consider it message received.
  • Options
    would love to
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    forgot to say "thanks"
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    ozgurkd said:

would love to

I think he meant consider their message to you received. I.e., they don't want to come to Alaska even though you keep asking. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    edited July 2014
    i need some mystery girl for my dreams!!make it happen 10c
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

ozgurkd said:

would love to

I think he meant consider their message to you received. I.e., they don't want to come to Alaska even though you keep asking. ;)
    Not exactly. They can't go everywhere. It's impossible. How many people fly from all over to see them because they don't come to one place/country or another? (Go to the Fall Tour post to see what I'm talking about.) You don't see people from Micronesia on here complaining. I'm certain they've never been there. I don't consider it "disrespectful." I consider it to be what it is. Sometimes you have to travel. We've all done it. We're all doing it and happy to do it.
  • Options
    off this is is so stupid
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    deadendp said:

PJ_Soul said:

ozgurkd said:

would love to

Not exactly. They can't go everywhere. It's impossible. How many people fly from all over to see them because they don't come to one place/country or another? (Go to the Fall Tour post to see what I'm talking about.) You don't see people from Micronesia on here complaining. I'm certain they've never been there. I don't consider it "disrespectful." I consider it to be what it is. Sometimes you have to travel. We've all done it. We're all doing it and happy to do it.
    I just think it's not affordable. If they thought that trip would be worthwhile financially, they'd probably do it. But getting a whole crew up there for a show or two that they wouldn't even be confident in selling well doesn't make much sense....
    MY BE one day Eddie will make it up there for a scaled down show or something. You never know.
  • Options
    off I wish I did not start the same pathetic wish again. I am fine. I can earn money to go catch them somewhere when I can, when I want. And perhaps ALaska do not want them? After all you cannot commercizalize such a land\ abuse and use such a land for `Into the Wild` photos zippos this and that and think the land thinks it is respectful not to come for a show not intending to make profit. I believe they are rich enough to come here just to show respect. But no one can justify why they d not visit Turkey and then be so invovled in antiwar songs etc. When Us is interfering this much with Turkey\ Middle East in general Roger Waters sends out solidarity message dueing civil unrest and let alone a concert they cannot even say something for their Turkish fans. I am not sure if I know them. Maybe I never knew them anyway. Sometimes feel we are all hypnotized by lyrics and/or melody. Good for us!
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    wpg pearlwpg pearl Posts: 1,258
    i dig the new hat and t shirts....
    ajb
  • Options
    glad to hear that
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    mandm621mandm621 moran, mi Posts: 93
    Please Pearl Jam, when you come to Detroit, please, please, play Black Red and Yellow!!! please!!!! I see on the Europe tour they played some songs that haven't been played in years, black red and yellow hasn't been played since 2010. Please play it in Detroit! Thanks!
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,515
    mandm621 said:

Please Pearl Jam, when you come to Detroit, please, please, play Black Red and Yellow!!! please!!!! I see on the Europe tour they played some songs that haven't been played in years, black red and yellow hasn't been played since 2010. Please play it in Detroit! Thanks!

Can we please, please, please, please have just one thread on this board for song requests? It's getting ridiculous that every other thread is a request to play ____ in ____.
  • Options
    kamilaaakamilaaa Warsaw Posts: 44
    It would be great if posters for tours would be made by artists from the country in which the poster promotes gig. I mean if the concert is in Portugal some Portuguese artist would make a poster for this one.
    It was my thought after seeing posters from various tours, I mean they're great, but they're all similar in some ways and not always show the vibe of the spot, using the most popular artibutes/ buildings or memorabilias from particular town is OK, but seeing works of many many people would refresh posters a bit and make us look more inside the place we're visiting.
    Berlin 2 2012 | Vienna 2014| Berlin 2014| Gdynia 2014| Berlin EV solo 2017| Heartland Festival EV solo 2017| Amsterdam 2 2018| Pinkpop 2018| Padova 2018| Rome 2018| Prague 2018| Kraków 2018| Berlin 2018| Rock Werchter 2018| Barcelona 2018| London 2 rescheduled 2018| Berlin EV solo 2019| Dusseldorf EV solo 2019
  • Options
    shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,788
    Why can I still not post in AET from the mobile format? All other forums are fine but in AET I have to click on the "full site" first in order for the post to go through. Annoying. Anybody else?
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    "almost every city in Italy"..LOL. yeah. two. the country has a bit more than that.

I would've loved more solo gigs after that Portugal festival...Europe only had 5 solo gigs total, so I do believe there would be many people interested in attending one, and many who didn't get to go last time.
  • Options
    BN8419BN8419 Posts: 290
    I will post a thread about this too, but I have a request for 10C lower/reserved tickets for the US fall tour -

Please, please, please, allocate the higher seniority seats to the side seats in lieu of the back floor area.

You can't see shit from the back of the floor, and the sound is usually piss poor. I would much rather be up somewhat on the side than way on the back on the floor.

Thank you