Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    I think it's more along this line as stated below. For example the badge set (5$) is 8$ shipping. A little crazy, it would be cheaper to have someone take everything to USPS and ship that way. Shipping a padded envelope across the states that weighs next to nothing should not cost more than 2$.
    JimmyV wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    a5pj wrote:
    ?

If it was just a matter of them eating shipping costs I would not complain. But it is not. The shipping calculator used in the store is either broken or programmed incorrectly. When we complain about it, the shipping gets corrected. (The Ames Bros book was on sale a few months ago for $20. Shipping from Seattle to Boston was originally $19 and change. Once people complained that amount dropped to $11.) But when we don't complain we pay almost double what we should. That is wrong and should be corrected.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    knittedknitted Posts: 244
    (life is too short to scroll thru and see if this has been mentioned before, so apologies if it has)

I woke up this morning and for the first time in years wanted to send 10c a letter...and then I came on here and found this thread (you got me, I don't hang out here that often).

I got my copy of DEEP yesterday. As always, beautifully designed (cheers Regan), with excellent production values. But as always, a bit light on actual content. How many of these do you make every year these days - one? And it seems like lots of effort goes into how it looks and feels, but there's just not much to read...and what IS there is filler - I mean really, how many pages do you need for a goat meat recipe?? (says the vegetarian).
    I like the notes from the band members - just one this time tho, a lovely one from Jeff, but still - everyone else too busy this year to drop us a line? The thing 'from' Ed was just the playlist from his radio show (we're not stupid). I like the one-on-one interview (usually the only real content, if you ask me), but a transcript of a conversation only works if what the people are saying makes sense written down - this time it didn't. Sorry Mike, i love ya but you need editing. I really liked the Vitalogy Foundation information... but - and here's where you could have got some more content in - why not print that story about PJ that jeff liked instead of sending us to the web to read it? I always like reading letters from other fans - this time I just got a photo of a teddy in a mailroom. Ripped off.
    Does Deep have an editor? Or do you just throw 10pages of un-edited random text at Regan and tell him to fill 48pages with it? Its not a cheap exercise, printing a nice wee full colour perfect-bound-with-fold-outs magazine, I really feel like you are wasting an oppourtunity to share some meaningful stuff with us - or maybe even with each other. Ask the fans to contribute! We would! Hell we would! Make an effort with the content, please - getting DEEP in the mailbox should make me excited but it just makes me sad. And a little bit mad.
    xx
    http://www.sublime-retro.net

when my ears ring, my heart beats
  • Options
    I missed last night's live stream of the Argentina '13 concert, because I had no idea it was happening. :(
    In the future, it would be great to have an announcement on the board alerting us to any live webcasts, even if it was only a few hours ahead of time. Would love to have heard it last night!
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,764
    knitted wrote:
    (life is too short to scroll thru and see if this has been mentioned before, so apologies if it has)

I woke up this morning and for the first time in years wanted to send 10c a letter...and then I came on here and found this thread (you got me, I don't hang out here that often).

I got my copy of DEEP yesterday. As always, beautifully designed (cheers Regan), with excellent production values. But as always, a bit light on actual content. How many of these do you make every year these days - one? And it seems like lots of effort goes into how it looks and feels, but there's just not much to read...and what IS there is filler - I mean really, how many pages do you need for a goat meat recipe?? (says the vegetarian).
    I like the notes from the band members - just one this time tho, a lovely one from Jeff, but still - everyone else too busy this year to drop us a line? The thing 'from' Ed was just the playlist from his radio show (we're not stupid). I like the one-on-one interview (usually the only real content, if you ask me), but a transcript of a conversation only works if what the people are saying makes sense written down - this time it didn't. Sorry Mike, i love ya but you need editing. I really liked the Vitalogy Foundation information... but - and here's where you could have got some more content in - why not print that story about PJ that jeff liked instead of sending us to the web to read it? I always like reading letters from other fans - this time I just got a photo of a teddy in a mailroom. Ripped off.
    Does Deep have an editor? Or do you just throw 10pages of un-edited random text at Regan and tell him to fill 48pages with it? Its not a cheap exercise, printing a nice wee full colour perfect-bound-with-fold-outs magazine, I really feel like you are wasting an oppourtunity to share some meaningful stuff with us - or maybe even with each other. Ask the fans to contribute! We would! Hell we would! Make an effort with the content, please - getting DEEP in the mailbox should make me excited but it just makes me sad. And a little bit mad.
    xx
    I totally agree with this. When such a high standard for production, the Deep mag has no substance at all, which is surprising - I would have thought that the band thinks that there is value in substance. I don't want to sound ungrateful, because I do recognize the work that did go into this thing, and that's cool, and it is a very pretty little book! But without any meaningful content at all, I feel like it's ultimately just a waste of 10C's time and money. And it really wouldn't take much more work to include content. I mean, a solid letter from each band member to the fans could be in there (not just a "thanks!" letter, but where they actually say something interesting), maybe a thoughtful article or two written by some of them about their current philanthropic work or something, or their own impressions of a particular show they did, whatever. Just stuff that the fans actually want to read, and, I would hope, stuff that the band wants to pass on.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I missed last night's live stream of the Argentina '13 concert, because I had no idea it was happening. :(
    In the future, it would be great to have an announcement on the board alerting us to any live webcasts, even if it was only a few hours ahead of time. Would love to have heard it last night!

This. I got a FB message during DTE. And of course the player wouldn't work.

A few hours to tee this up would've been great.
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    knitted wrote:

xx
    Agreed. And, how does it make sense to include Ten Club Analog and Digital Membership information in a newsletter for 10 Club members, who have access to the website already and all the information about what the memberships cost and include? Maybe, if this was something on the newstand or supermarket magazine aisle, but it's a membership newsletter, for cryin' out loud!
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    knitted wrote:

xx
    good read,good ideas!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,185
    knitted wrote:

xx
    Some good points. I love the Deep Mag and really look forward to it but just a little more substance would be great! Give me more about what other bands the guys are listening to or a couple more interviews with other artists. Agreed the interview is the best thing every issue. Like knitted said, I understand and appreciate all the effort that goes into Deep and it is a GREAT looking mag, but a little more input and content from the guys would be awesome!
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Agreed. And, how does it make sense to include Ten Club Analog and Digital Membership information in a newsletter for 10 Club members, who have access to the website already and all the information about what the memberships cost and include? Maybe, if this was something on the newstand or supermarket magazine aisle, but it's a membership newsletter, for cryin' out loud!

I'd guess that's in case you pass it along to friends
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    Excellent point. Thanks!
    :)
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    Dog collars? That cost $40? Geezus.

Let's whack the words Pearl Jam on anything and sell it hey guys.
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    knitted wrote:

xx
    I totally agree with this. When such a high standard for production, the Deep mag has no substance at all, which is surprising - I would have thought that the band thinks that there is value in substance. I don't want to sound ungrateful, because I do recognize the work that did go into this thing, and that's cool, and it is a very pretty little book! But without any meaningful content at all, I feel like it's ultimately just a waste of 10C's time and money. And it really wouldn't take much more work to include content. I mean, a solid letter from each band member to the fans could be in there (not just a "thanks!" letter, but where they actually say something interesting), maybe a thoughtful article or two written by some of them about their current philanthropic work or something, or their own impressions of a particular show they did, whatever. Just stuff that the fans actually want to read, and, I would hope, stuff that the band wants to pass on.

I agree with you both 100%. I'll try not repeat what's already been said but its an AWESOME mag the way its produced, bound, the way it feels (and smells). That part you have down. But content is lacking. I would like to see maybe some perforated postcards you can tear out or a competition for Analog members only. Maybe something along the lines of having to cut out a form, fill it in (with REAL ink) and ... wait for it ... having to walk to the post office to POST IT!

I've just blown your minds 8-)
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    MangoMango Brisbane, Australia (via Dublin, Ireland) Posts: 1,049
    And you can easily subtract this page from the digital version that's uploaded. Just a little something different that doesn't involve emailing the Ten Club.
    "Life comes from within your heart and desire"
  • Options
    Ok.....

You have had your UK tour, you've had your South American tour, you have got your US shows coming up.....So stop @!#*ing around and announce an AUSSIE tour already..................PLEASE
    Sydney Ent Centre: 10/03/1995

All the rusted signs we ignore thoughout our lives
    Choosing the shiny ones instead
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    please..when there are news,like this festival at november..

please anounce it here in the official website first,and sent ALL members an email with the news..

its the only way ALL the members can have access to infos and news..

not all members have facebook,twitter etc..

Thank You
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    southpsouthp Posts: 279
    I'm sure this has already been mentioned but I thought I would add my 2-cents.

I'm an analog member and recently received the 2013 gift (print, stickers, patch). It's a nice gesture to include this with the analog memberships however I think the effort is a little misguided for two reasons:

1) We got the same thing last year, and while it's a nice to have, most of us 10club members are probably closer to middle-age than we are to teenagers who are going to put stickers on our lockers or binders or skateboards. So just a thought that something like the t-shirts is more practical.

2) We are all fans of the band Pearl Jam, we are not fans of a fan club. Why are these gifts not "Pearl Jam" branded items? Even a photo of the band could be better than something that says 10C.

Just my 2-cents. Otherwise, thanks for all your hard work!
  • Options
    southp wrote:
    I'm sure this has already been mentioned but I thought I would add my 2-cents.

I'm an analog member and recently received the 2013 gift (print, stickers, patch). It's a nice gesture to include this with the analog memberships however I think the effort is a little misguided for two reasons:

1) We got the same thing last year, and while it's a nice to have, most of us 10club members are probably closer to middle-age than we are to teenagers who are going to put stickers on our lockers or binders or skateboards. So just a thought that something like the t-shirts is more practical.

2) We are all fans of the band Pearl Jam, we are not fans of a fan club. Why are these gifts not "Pearl Jam" branded items? Even a photo of the band could be better than something that says 10C.

Just my 2-cents. Otherwise, thanks for all your hard work!
    I prefer stickers and posters to t-shirts. I guess I have to admit that I'm nearing middle age, and I put stickers on my luggage, speakers, I have a guitar that I might put some on one day, I have a 10C sticker displayed at work (so I can be identified by other 10C members who might come by :lol: ), etc. And people put them on their cars too. Sure, it's a lot of stickers - way more than I know what to do with at the moment - but I will still have them 10, 20, 30 years from now, and eventually I figure they'll kind of be collector's items or will find a place. Ditto for the patches and mini-posters. A t-shirt? I don't even wear them. And all of 10C's clothes are way to short for me. A t-shirt is boring. IMHO. Maybe a choice would be cool. I.e., members can choose between a t-shirt and something else.
    But I do very much agree with the comment about the gift being PJ themed instead of 10C themed though. I'd WAY rather have a sheet of PJ stickers than a sheet of 10C stickers!! One year doing that I can understand. 2 in a row? Not so much.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    if you are going to take pre orders for something, like the Mad Season deluxe reissue, PLEASE TELL US IF THE SAME VERSION WILL BE AVAILABLE COMMERCIALLY. It's a shit thing to do to make fans believe for lack of information otherwise to order it from this site and wait until god knows when to get it in the mail, when they could have just gone to their local store and bought it on release day.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    release all Vault releases on VINYL. and the FULL show. I mean, come on, how is this not a no-brainer for this band? The first one was on cd and wasn't even available to all fan club members. that was dumb. it should be available in all formats. vinyl, cd, and digital. make the fan club 3 tiers and it's dependent upon which vault format you want.

start by making the first two vault releases in vinyl for members in goods.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358
    i would like to see a notification box or something near the 'new messages' and 'view your posts' to see if someone quoted my post, in case i was looking for a question to be answered, rather then scrolling through a thread to see if someone did.
  • Options
    i would like to see a notification box or something near the 'new messages' and 'view your posts' to see if someone quoted my post, in case i was looking for a question to be answered, rather then scrolling through a thread to see if someone did.

you can change your personal settings so you get an email when someone quotes you.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    kevinbeetlekevinbeetle Posts: 358

you can change your personal settings so you get an email when someone quotes you.

yeah, but a little notification like they have on facebook would be cooler. instead of a number, it could be eddie's face
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I would be nice to leave comments below the setlists, as is the old site, and rate bootlegs, as someone suggested in this thread on the porch...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=207310
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    Hello 10 Club!

First, thank you for posting this thread, as a fan I appreciate it. I do have a request / suggestion... I have become an avid vinyl collector, with Pearl Jam related material being my top priority, and with the increasing popularity of vinyl records, I would love to see 10 Club / Monkeywrench start releasing more records. Specifically, I would love to be able to go online and buy any past album on vinyl... with a particular emphasis on everything from No Code to the avocado album... which are notoriously hard to find and typically VERY pricey. I get the impression that all future releases will be released on vinyl format, at least in a limited fashion as they have been, but based on recent demands, it seems like an increase in vinyl production would be beneficial for everyone. Would you not agree? I would LOVE to be able to go to the Pearl Jam shop online and be able to look through catalogs of records that I could order... I'm sure I'm not alone here.

Thank you for your time, again, I appreciate this thread!

Much love,
    Joe
  • Options
    ^^ Uh, yeah, I'll make the millionth (or is it zillionth?) post asking for the rest of the vinyl reissues too. Maybe this is the one that will make it happen? :P
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,622
    Pearl Jam should sell a Holga camera.

Tori Amos and White Sripes have done it.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    How about another compilation album?! :-D <
    Thanks for everything 10c!
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    ^^ Uh, yeah, I'll make the millionth (or is it zillionth?) post asking for the rest of the vinyl reissues too. Maybe this is the one that will make it happen? :P

Zillion and 1
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    Digital TwilightDigital Twilight Posts: 5,642
    Incase it hasn't been said how about a UK/European store? Helps us to avoid custom charges which can make ordering stuff very expensive from 10c. Many bands do it, many being much smaller than PJ, so no reason why it couldn't be done.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    any update on avatars?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg