Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    :lol:
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    Surreal wrote:
    I understand the need for change. As a longstanding 10c member, however, I don't feel I was adequately informed about the lottery for the Wrigley show. In the past, I received an e-mail when a pre-sale happened. Not so this time. I did receive e-mails about the testing and I tried to participate that first day but it didn't work for me. When I finally searched out the date of the pre-sale it was too late. And I was never able to locate the actual announcement about the Wrigley lottery's date and time. The communication to 10c members was severely lacking in my opinion.

Now I sit dismayed and distraught on this day of no tickets. I do realize how fortunate I was to get seats for every show in my area in the past. As a 40-something parent to young kids, my funds and time are limited so I can't travel to see PJ as so many fans do. I wish I had a lifestyle that allowed that kind of freedom. I know it's all about choices in life but it doesn't mean I'm any less of a fan or that the music and words don't touch me deeply.

My second point is that there must be some more equitable way to divvy up seats than a straight lottery. Even the seniority plan meant that newer members might not get tickets and I imagine that this is the scenario you're trying to rectify. Maybe 10c members need to pick the regional areas where they want tickets in that same 1st choice, 2nd choice, 3rd choice system. I know you have rabid fans and in some ways you don't want to squelch that but wouldn't it be better that every 10c member get to see a show on a particular tour than the Deadhead-like followers over and over? Nothing against this group but maybe they could give up one show per tour.

As for the tickets.com system, something is wrong when a ticket purchaser reports buying four tickets, leaving the site, going back and buying four more (just for fun). Is he that lucky? Meanwhile, others of us were stuck in the waiting room (aka our own special looping hell). If there's some kind of technological advantage that he and others had, I'll forever be stuck counting down from thirty to zero because I don't have that skillset nor do I have the funds to upgrade. Nor do I have the luck.

There is a way of looking at the Wrigley ticket sales and thinking: Success!! But I'd argue that you've never gotten this much negative feedback from 10c members on any single topic. You can put it to "change is hard" but I would say that maybe that's not the whole answer. Sure, there will be thousands of screaming fans at the show but so many of us 10c members will be sobbing and questioning whether our membership is worth it. The availability of tickets was a huge factor in working the membership fee into my budget each year. I wish I didn't have to worry about such things but that's the reality.

I know I'm writing to you from a place of sadness. But I doubt that tomorrow I'll feel any differently. Please, when you have your follow-up discussions about how both ticket sales went, take into consideration those of us who feel strongly enough about the band that we pay a fee to them each year, we buy their merchandise, we see them as many times as we're able. Being a Ten Club member should mean more than just the opportunity to possibly get lucky maybe. Some of us will never win. (Especially if we don't receive the information about a lottery in the first place.)

Thanks for listening.

Rocking on with warmest regards,
    -Sheryl
    i have to say,i disagre with alot parts of your post..
    but much respect to you for the level of your post,and how respecfull you write things,and how civile you try to make your point..Bravo...was a pleasure to read even i have different opinion
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    i stopped reading right about here....
    Surreal wrote:
    I understand the need for change. As a longstanding 10c member, however, I don't feel I was adequately informed about the lottery for the Wrigley show.
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:
    Surreal wrote:
    I understand the need for change. As a longstanding 10c member, however, I don't feel I was adequately informed about the lottery for the Wrigley show.
    come on,,even was kinda hard to believe,was a polite post,good to read
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    shortstack wrote:
    Surreal wrote:
    come on,,even was kinda hard to believe,was a polite post,good to read

ok, i read all of it.

you have a good heart, dimi
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    http://www.facebook.com/PjWrigleyFieldMassacre

JOIN THE CAUSE ON FACEBOOK!!!!
  • Options

i like when people try to get organize,make a point]
    but i kinda thing Massacre isnt sound right as word..cos you know..seems heavy and be used when people get killed..maybe its just me
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,762
    LloydXmas wrote:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options

i like when people try to get organize,make a point]
    but i kinda thing Massacre isnt sound right as word..cos you know..seems heavy and be used when people get killed..maybe its just me

Agreed! Just frustrated
  • Options
    remember folks...the newer members pay more per year than us old farts did in the beginning, so their voices are louder now....and eventually us old-timers will die

leaving the youngsters paying their $40 membership fees

for stickers

and one of the worst t-shirts ever made

and questionable holiday singles that seem to lose traction and vigor with each passing year

period
    "No way to save someone who won't take the rope,and just lets go..."
  • Options
    remember folks...the newer members pay more per year than us old farts did in the beginning, so their voices are louder now....and eventually us old-timers will die

leaving the youngsters paying their $40 membership fees

for stickers

and one of the worst t-shirts ever made

and questionable holiday singles that seem to lose traction and vigor with each passing year

period

In time all things fade.... we only hope to keep the memory alive and sustain...
  • Options
    The old site had an RSS feed available for the news section. Any chance we can get the RSS feed back? It is much easier to stay up to date with news feed than to have to constantly have to check the site.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    Alpine shows please. I refuse to listen to the AUD recordings out there.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    fyi, they don't listen
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    81 wrote:
    fyi, they don't listen
    yep.
  • Options
    Alpine shows please. I refuse to listen to the AUD recordings out there.
    :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Very disappointing that I have to pay $400 for each ticket to see PJ play in Canada this year. :( I am a huge fan and have never seen a live show, willing to travel to Ontaio in the summer, but with each ticket costing that much, probably not going to happen. I have never seen a live concert and it is my dream to do so. What the hell to do? I live in BC, please come here?? :))
  • Options
    Love the new lottery system. I never got shut out with the F5 method but it seemed very unfair to people who can't sit at a computer for 5-10 hours a day and hit F5 over and over and over and over. And it seemed to be getting worse with every tour.

This was as easy as can be and win or lose I was happy with the process. I could see making some minor tweaks to the lotto process but overall it's light years better than F5.
    1996 - 10/1 Buffalo; 1998 - 8/22 Barrie; 2000 - 10/5 Toronto; 2003 - 5/3 Buffalo, 6/28 Toronto; 2005 - 9/19 Toronto; 2006 - 5/20 Cleveland; 2008 - 6/28 Mansfield; 2010 - 5/10 Buffalo; 2011 - 9/11 Toronto; 2013 - 7/13 London (Ontario) , 10/12 Buffalo; 2016 - 5/10 Toronto
  • Options
    JG86842 wrote:
    Love the new lottery system. I never got shut out with the F5 method but it seemed very unfair to people who can't sit at a computer for 5-10 hours a day and hit F5 over and over and over and over. And it seemed to be getting worse with every tour.

This was as easy as can be and win or lose I was happy with the process. I could see making some minor tweaks to the lotto process but overall it's light years better than F5.
    very well said...
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,916
    JG86842 wrote:

Did you win 10club tickets via the lottery for London / Wrigley?
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    Could someone please fix my avatar?
  • Options
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Could someone please fix my avatar?
    lol
  • Options
    Pretty please make baby PJ caps / hoodies. :angel:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,762
    Can you ask Matt to come back to Vancouver with his other band for a re-do, since the sound was so fucked up last night and the show I paid $90 for, and my friends paid $125 for, was ruined? Thanks!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Play the South...

of Europe ... :D
  • Options
    Would it be possible to release a Volume 1 Pearl Jam Christmas collection on 12"?
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    demetrios wrote:
    Would it be possible to release a Volume 1 Pearl Jam Christmas collection on 12"?

+1. And while the vinyl presser is still hot, please stamp out a few thousand Toronto 9/11's. I NEED that version of Long Road on sweet vinyl :D
  • Options
    Agree on the new lottery system. I'm hoping it's actually fair though. Hitting F5 for an hour was maddening years ago.
    I got shut out of all my choices for Wrigley and couldn't get anything decent through ticketmaster either. off to the scalpers I go i guess.

Can ten club bring back some of those t-shirts from the '98-'2006 tours (namely the blue binaural and avocado ones)
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,203
    demetrios wrote:

Oh, hell yes. I can get behind this cause right here! 8-)
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,877
    demetrios wrote:

Oh, hell yes. I can get behind this cause right here! 8-)

+1. Excellent idea :idea: :thumbup: