Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    Rumor has it that there is going to be a tour announcement in June.
    Is this true? :)
  • Options
    lazlobluelazloblue Houston Posts: 738
    hope so :D
    Lollapalooza 92, Alpine Valley 11, De Luna 12, Wrigley/Pittsburgh/Dallas/OKC 13, Tulsa/Denver 14, Global 15, Wrigley 1/2 16
  • Options
    Why are there no new posts on the official PJ ou tube channel? can we GET SOME ?????

;)
  • Options
    evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    the odd wee discount for the shop would be good. maybe 10% when you renew your 10c membership.

i know it's something that's been mentioned before but i've always had to pay a further tax payment on top of the delivery fee on anything i've had shipped to the UK from the 10c. is there no way this can be included in the cost when ordering? its a pain the the arse having to go and collect the stuff and pay the 11 or 12 quid the post office.
    Hail Hail
  • Options
    NK82989NK82989 Posts: 13
    ten club only show at massey hall in toronto
  • Options
    slemakerdcslemakerdc Posts: 31
    I would LOVE to see some no code era boots/merch.. please. also how about a wrigley field show?? ehh? :lol:
    «---» DC 96' «--» VA Beach 00' «--» DC 03' «--» Asheville 04' «--» Pittsburgh 05' «--» DC & Vegas 06' «--» VA Beach & DC 08' «--» DC 10' «--»
    ♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♪*♫*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫*♪*♫

4,122 miles traveled
  • Options
    AM7865AM7865 Posts: 46
    Not sure if this has been mentioned already (probably has) but I want Ten Club to know that I do not like the new ticket lottery system AT ALL. I tried for the London show and was unable to purchase fan club tickets. And that was the first time that I failed to get fan club tickets (after having actually attempted) since 1996.

If you think about the simple math it just makes no sense. Let's say there are 3,000 fan club members entered into a particular drawing (that could be a high or low estimate depending on the location). So each member's odds at winning are roughly 1/3,000. Those are not good odds. With those odds you could hypothetically enter 10 drawings in a row and never end up with tickets. You could even miss out on fan club tickets for an entire tour since the odds are more or less the same for each drawing! That's preposterous and it isn't fan friendly.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    AM7865 wrote:
    Not sure if this has been mentioned already (probably has) but I want Ten Club to know that I do not like the new ticket lottery system AT ALL. I tried for the London show and was unable to purchase fan club tickets. And that was the first time that I failed to get fan club tickets (after having actually attempted) since 1996.

If you think about the simple math it just makes no sense. Let's say there are 3,000 fan club members entered into a particular drawing (that could be a high or low estimate depending on the location). So each member's odds at winning are roughly 1/3,000. Those are not good odds. With those odds you could hypothetically enter 10 drawings in a row and never end up with tickets. You could even miss out on fan club tickets for an entire tour since the odds are more or less the same for each drawing! That's preposterous and it isn't fan friendly.

:!:
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,869
    I think you have your stats wrong. There's more than 1 seat available per show, so if 3,000 enter and 10C has 1,000 seats, your odds are 1/3. Also your priority increases these odds. For your 1st choice you are only competing against others who have that show as their 1st choice. So let's say out of those 3,000 only 1,000 put as their first choice. Then bam, all 1st choice people get in. 1/1

As always tickets are mort scarce for poplular shows, wrigley, ny, philly, and if they're only playing one show...

AM7865 wrote:

Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    Exactly.
    a5pj wrote:
    I think you have your stats wrong. There's more than 1 seat available per show, so if 3,000 enter and 10C has 1,000 seats, your odds are 1/3. Also your priority increases these odds. For your 1st choice you are only competing against others who have that show as their 1st choice. So let's say out of those 3,000 only 1,000 put as their first choice. Then bam, all 1st choice people get in. 1/1

As always tickets are mort scarce for poplular shows, wrigley, ny, philly, and if they're only playing one show...

AM7865 wrote:

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    You make a good point and I admit that math was never my strong suit. However, I don't think your stats are entirely accurate either. Sticking with the hypothetical 3,000 members trying for 1,000 seats, those are actually 500 pairs because each winner wins a pair, right? So really in that scenario there will be 500 winners and 2,500 losers. In other words 1 out of every 6 people ends up a lucky winner, so doesn't that make our odds ( in this scenario) roughly 1/6?

Your argument of 1/3 and 1/1 sounds like heaven, but if it were so, then I would have gotten tickets to the London show (no doubt the less popular of the two) but I did not. So of course I'm a naysayer because I didn't get the tickets I wanted whereas in the past I always got tickets, even with the annoying experience of the refresh button craziness.

I'd be interested in someone from the ten club giving us some real numbers or perhaps just someone with a math degree weighing in. :lol:
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,766
    AM7865 wrote:
    You make a good point and I admit that math was never my strong suit. However, I don't think your stats are entirely accurate either. Sticking with the hypothetical 3,000 members trying for 1,000 seats, those are actually 500 pairs because each winner wins a pair, right? So really in that scenario there will be 500 winners and 2,500 losers. In other words 1 out of every 6 people ends up a lucky winner, so doesn't that make our odds ( in this scenario) roughly 1/6?

Your argument of 1/3 and 1/1 sounds like heaven, but if it were so, then I would have gotten tickets to the London show (no doubt the less popular of the two) but I did not. So of course I'm a naysayer because I didn't get the tickets I wanted whereas in the past I always got tickets, even with the annoying experience of the refresh button craziness.

I'd be interested in someone from the ten club giving us some real numbers or perhaps just someone with a math degree weighing in. :lol:
    But this makes no difference if you're talking about lottery vs f5. There would still be the same number of people trying for the same number of tickets either way.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    MiniManMiniMan Posts: 85
    Given that "the coming months" have been and gone, an update on the tour announcement timeframe would be nice.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    please,add a system at the forum,when someone start to typing something stupid,a hand to get out of the screen and slap him..
    thank you
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    morellomorello Auckland, New Zealand Posts: 6,212
    please,add a system at the forum,when someone start to typing something stupid,a hand to get out of the screen and slap him..
    thank you
    :clap::clap::clap::clap:8-)
    Oh & :wave: Hi Dimi!!
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    thank you
    hi Jenny!!! :D:D:D
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    morello wrote:
    thank you
    hi Jenny!!! :D:D:D
    :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
  • Options
    PJForceofNaturePJForceofNature Posts: 3,087
    thank you

Love your idea, Dimi! :D And I can just picture it happening, too! :lol:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    papa_pearls_jam.pj20papa_pearls_jam.pj20 Chicago USA Posts: 2,142
    thank you
    :lol::lol::lol:
    Posimists. Fuck the pessimists...fuck'em.
  • Options
    ozgurkdozgurkd Juneau, Alaska Posts: 434
    be like water my friend
    Living is no laughing matter: you must live with great seriousness like a squirrel for example - I mean without looking for something beyond and above living, I mean living must be your whole occupation.
    Nazım Hikmet
  • Options
    thank you
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIVS9jemtWU
  • Options
    thank you
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIVS9jemtWU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZgVRJ-H8U
  • Options
  • Options
    KimmiebyromKimmiebyrom Posts: 1,832
    Please confirm the current tweet regarding the album being complete!
    Thank you!! :)
    2003 Dallas
    2013 Wrigley
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
    2013 Seattle

How I choose to feel is how I am.
    There's just one word I still believe...and it's LOVE.
    "Take care of one another..." -EV
  • Options
    thank you

This reminds me why I tend to avoid the forums. The ten club creates a forum called "let your voice be heard", and then I try to offer my meager 2 cents on something and a bunch of you have to get negative and straight up rude. It's not called, "let your voice be heard and criticized by the rest of negative nation"; it's just called let your voice be heard. That's what I tried to do. Sorry if it goes against your particular opinion but that doesn't then give you the right to call or imply that my opinion is "stupid."

It's unfortunate that we share a passion for the same music and yet can't treat eachother with respect. I have not agreed with many things that a great many of you have had to say over the years, but I don't think I've called anyone stupid.
  • Options
    AM7865 wrote:
    thank you

This reminds me why I tend to avoid the forums. The ten club creates a forum called "let your voice be heard", and then I try to offer my meager 2 cents on something and a bunch of you have to get negative and straight up rude. It's not called, "let your voice be heard and criticized by the rest of negative nation"; it's just called let your voice be heard. That's what I tried to do. Sorry if it goes against your particular opinion but that doesn't then give you the right to call or imply that my opinion is "stupid."

It's unfortunate that we share a passion for the same music and yet can't treat eachother with respect. I have not agreed with many things that a great many of you have had to say over the years, but I don't think I've called anyone stupid.

you dont have a clue what im talking about and my post its clearly a joke with what happens to the forum lately with locked threads and negative posts..
    the previous posters quote me knows what im talking about..and thats why they post smile and laughs and didnt get offended,
    sorry if i made you feel bad,and im more than sure me or my post sare not the reason you avoid the forums
    and for sure i didnt quote you,or refering to you with my posts..,actually i dont know you at all..
    im Dimitris and again sorry if you my post upset you or anything..
    we can talk in pm if u like so we can meet..
  • Options
    Hello Family,
    I'm new to the 10C. I received my first mailing from 10C a month ago and was wondering if I was supposed to receive a 10C ID card? What I received in the mailed packet was a bunch of stickers/decals and a 10C jacket patch. Anyone know if they were supposed to send me an ID card? Not sure if I need an ID card for anything? Are there events I will need to have one to get in?
    thanks.

PS: as I lived overseas in a 3rd world country most of my life, Wrigley will be my first show. I am looking for someone who is going to be my "mentor". I will be at both pre-concert parties.
    Ohhhh, I walked in light when you held me in that night
    Ohhhh, I walked in light when you held my hand that night
  • Options
    Hello Family,
    I'm new to the 10C. I received my first mailing from 10C a month ago and was wondering if I was supposed to receive a 10C ID card? What I received in the mailed packet was a bunch of stickers/decals and a 10C jacket patch. Anyone know if they were supposed to send me an ID card? Not sure if I need an ID card for anything? Are there events I will need to have one to get in?
    thanks.

PS: as I lived overseas in a 3rd world country most of my life, Wrigley will be my first show. I am looking for someone who is going to be my "mentor". I will be at both pre-concert parties.
    Welcome to the Forum and the 10 Club, RachaelBarrett!
    :wave:
  • Options
    Hello Family,
    thanks.

Welcome to the forum from me too RachaelBarrett.

As for an "ID card" no there isn't one. Sometimes there's something you can print out & get laminated yourself but I'm not sure if there is this year, anyway nothing official is needed.

If you just turn up at the pre-parties for the shows next month you will be fine & will meet heaps of fellow fans. Enjoy. :)
    <hr>
  • Options
    Hello Family,
    thanks.

Welcome to the Forum and the 10 Club, RachaelBarrett!
    :wave:

Thanks so much. I'm very excited to see PJ@Wrigley, the show's gonna be epic! and it's going to be a special night for my (to be) husband and I as it's our wedding present to ourselves ;)
    Ohhhh, I walked in light when you held me in that night
    Ohhhh, I walked in light when you held my hand that night