Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    hansmariushansmarius Posts: 16
    edited February 23
    BF25394 said:
    Now I'm in a lottery with a couple million other people maybe, 
    More like a half-million, maybe. Member numbers go up to about 800000, but many of those will have lapsed (and some will have died over 33 years). And not every member is in the lottery. A lot of them live in places that are nowhere near the few cities hosting shows and don't have the money or flexibility to travel to shows.
    Fine, I don't have the member count. Even so (no pun intended).  
    Post edited by hansmarius on
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,074
    wnh1977 said:
    dunewall said:
    I'll pay $35 a year for let's say a 20-50% chance of getting tickets to shows without having to fight the bots in the general sale.  If you're lucky enough to snag general sale or F2F tix - great.  But if not, you are going to pay far more than $35 extra on the secondary market.
    As I've said before - I was on a 0-11 lottery streak leading up to last year and I still think the membership is worth it.  There are lots of things I waste $35 on throughout the year but the 10C membership isn't one of them IMO

I understand your point, but this doesn't jive with the supposed Pearl Jam way of doing things that we all loved when we were getting into the band... you know, that they were for the fans! In the past, a membership fee gave you a chance at concert tickets... but at the very least, you were able to get the things I mentioned in my earlier post... a vinyl single, a physical newsletter, a t-shirt.  There was something tangible for the cost of membership before the chance of tickets even entered the equation.  Oh wait, I forgot about the mp3 we get  :s  I think the vinyl fan club single strongly coincides with the band's waning fan-friendliness.  It was timely and on-point for a long time.  Then it would be a little late.  Then it was more than a year behind.  Then it was gone.  But spin that black circle, kids!

So now $35 gets you a 25 - 50% chance of getting a $190 ticket (basically making it a $210 ticket)?  I know it's not 1998 when I scored 3rd row, $30 tickets to the United Center after receiving a cool newsletter and vinyl single all for the price of $10... but you can't tell me this band's attention to detail and fan-friendliness hasn't nosedived.  It's been talked about a ton over the years how many feel they keep the "Pearl Jam business" alive for the loads of cash they will surely bring in, losing almost every remnant of the fan-friendly ethos that they wanted to be defined by.

I still get excited when they put out new music... the 7-year break from 2013 - 2020 had me wondering if they had turned into a complete nostalgia act, but hopefully the 2 records over the past 5 years is more of the pace we see from here on out.  And I still get excited when I score fan club tickets and get to plan a trip around a show.  Bottom line is that I completely understand the frustrations of longtime fans.  We felt truly appreciated for a long, long time... as of late (maybe 5+ years... coincidentally it might have been right around the time of that hideous, pathetic "Ridin' With Biden" t-shirt), I understand fans wondering if the band treats "Pearl Jam" as a highly-profitable part-time business.  

Pearl Jam has most certainly changed (and have eared every right to).  They are not the “fan friendly” band they used to be. PJ is a brand now. I’m with you in that I’m still super excited about the new music but this is the first time I’m sitting a tour out (except make up Indy show) due to the cost. It just doesn’t feel the same anymore with all the things that have been mentioned recently in this thread adding up. Kinda makes me sad. 
  • Options
    I'm done with Ten Club. 25+ years as a member and I get waitlistrd? Ungrateful 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited February 23
    10C, floor seats are not desirable behind maybe row 6. Can you please stop ranking them higher than seats off the floor?? I literally got the second to last row of the floor for a show, while someone else whose member number is over 200K higher than mine got a way better seat. I don't understand how you think the very back of the floor is better than a seat off the floor.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    TinaKuhn172TinaKuhn172 USA Posts: 2
    wnh1977 said:
    dunewall said:
    I'll pay $35 a year for let's say a 20-50% chance of getting tickets to shows without having to fight the bots in the general sale.  If you're lucky enough to snag general sale or F2F tix - great.  But if not, you are going to pay far more than $35 extra on the secondary market.
    As I've said before - I was on a 0-11 lottery streak leading up to last year and I still think the membership is worth it.  There are lots of things I waste $35 on throughout the year but the 10C membership isn't one of them IMO

I understand your point, but this doesn't jive with the supposed Pearl Jam way of doing things that we all loved when we were getting into the band... you know, that they were for the fans! In the past, a membership fee gave you a chance at concert tickets... but at the very least, you were able to get the things I mentioned in my earlier post... a vinyl single, a physical newsletter, a t-shirt.  There was something tangible for the cost of membership before the chance of tickets even entered the equation.  Oh wait, I forgot about the mp3 we get  :s  I think the vinyl fan club single strongly coincides with the band's waning fan-friendliness.  It was timely and on-point for a long time.  Then it would be a little late.  Then it was more than a year behind.  Then it was gone.  But spin that black circle, kids!

So now $35 gets you a 25 - 50% chance of getting a $190 ticket (basically making it a $210 ticket)?  I know it's not 1998 when I scored 3rd row, $30 tickets to the United Center after receiving a cool newsletter and vinyl single all for the price of $10... but you can't tell me this band's attention to detail and fan-friendliness hasn't nosedived.  It's been talked about a ton over the years how many feel they keep the "Pearl Jam business" alive for the loads of cash they will surely bring in, losing almost every remnant of the fan-friendly ethos that they wanted to be defined by.

I still get excited when they put out new music... the 7-year break from 2013 - 2020 had me wondering if they had turned into a complete nostalgia act, but hopefully the 2 records over the past 5 years is more of the pace we see from here on out.  And I still get excited when I score fan club tickets and get to plan a trip around a show.  Bottom line is that I completely understand the frustrations of longtime fans.  We felt truly appreciated for a long, long time... as of late (maybe 5+ years... coincidentally it might have been right around the time of that hideous, pathetic "Ridin' With Biden" t-shirt), I understand fans wondering if the band treats "Pearl Jam" as a highly-profitable part-time business.  

Pearl Jam has most certainly changed (and have eared every right to).  They are not the “fan friendly” band they used to be. PJ is a brand now. I’m with you in that I’m still super excited about the new music but this is the first time I’m sitting a tour out (except make up Indy show) due to the cost. It just doesn’t feel the same anymore with all the things that have been mentioned recently in this thread adding up. Kinda makes me sad. 
    <rant>
    I was extremely disappointed with how the 10C presale was handled.

My partner is a huge fan, has never seen PJ live (we missed 3 shows due to Covid), so I was willing to do all I could to secure decent seats no matter the cost.
    I registered for the 10C presale and the 'registration sale'.

Initial excitement - I got tickets via the 10C presale - yeah!
    But - why is Ticketmaster assigning seats? I have never seen that in any presale of any band before.
    Due to medical reasons I always buy aisle seats - and now i get some 3rd rate seats bunched in the middle of a section - for a total of almost 400 bucks. Thanks - so I got some tickets, but I'll have to get rid of them as they are useless for us.

Then I go to all the reseller sites and they are flooded with listings for 2k, 4k or more per ticket. 
    At the same time I see comments here from long-time members who got nothing.

One of the benefits of the 10C membership:
    Ten Club holds the best tickets in the house for members-only presale opportunities and rewards longtime fans for their dedication with seniority-based seating. Ten Club continually improves upon its ticketing program to ensure that fan club members have access to the most tickets possible per show.

Really? So, are all the scalpers long-term fan club members now?

Next up - the 'registration sale'. Wow - it was interesting to watch how minute-by-minute the good seats (floor seats and seats closer to stage) are being sprinkled on the market - at $800+ per ticket. A row here - a row there, once they are gone, the next set of 'premium' seats comes up.

Official statement:
    PJ Premium seats are located in a variety of preferred locations and account for approximately 10% of ticket inventory per show. They are priced at market rate to offset increased touring costs while also keeping prices low for the rest of the ticket inventory. PJ Premium tickets will only be available through Ticketmaster Registration Sale along with regularly priced tickets. 

I'm sorry, but after watching this for an extended period of time, I have a hard time believing that only 10% make up for premium seats.

I understand that - like everything else - touring costs have risen. 
    I was able to secure 2 PJ floor seats in 2022 for 300$ total - fees included.
    But now 2 years later I'm shelling out over $1,800 - seriously?
    I also wouldn't call almost $200 bucks for one shitty seat in the 10C presale 'a low price'.

If it hadn't been for my partner - I definitely would not have spent this amount of money for those seats.

I remember the tales of how Pearl Jam took on Ticketmaster.
    Maybe way back when - but now it appears that PJ is very happy to play the money game.
    It was PJ's choice to opt for this 'Premium seat' deal or not, but they happily signed up for it.

It was so refreshing to see last year how The Cure went toe to toe with Ticketmaster.
    They didn't feel the need to sign up for this BS 'Premium' ticket deal.
    Robert was constantly working behind the scenes until Ticketmaster even refunded excessive fees.
    Now that is a band that cares about their fans!

</rant>
  • Options
    PorchgirlCOPorchgirlCO Colorado Posts: 1,375
    Wow! This is the first time I’ve thought of not renewing my membership and also not going to a show in many, many years. I’m a TINK (two incomes, no kids) and we still can’t afford these Premium prices. I got shut out of the lottery and $875+ is the lowest ticket price available for MSG (the only place I got a code for) and that’s just way too steep. My first PJ show was like $9 in 1992 and now it’s about 100x more than that!! Wish my salary was…Lol
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...

Orlando 4/24/92 & 8/23/92, Miami 3/28/94, Ft Laud 10/7/96, Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Missoula 9/30/12, EV Jax 11/24/12 & 11/25/12, Chicago (Wrigley) 7/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Tulsa 10/8/14, Lincoln 10/9/14, Denver 10/22/14, Jacksonville 4/12/16, Greenville 4/16/16, Telluride 7/9/16, Boston (Fenway) 8/5/16 & 8/7/16, Seattle (Safeco) 8/10/18, Boston (Fenway) 9/2/18 & 9/4/18, Dana Point 10/1/21 & 10/2/21, MSG 9/11/22, Denver 9/22/22, Austin 9/18/23 & 9/19/23.
  • Options
    </rant>
    spot on! I complain, but it's even worse when people who's never had a shot at seeing them try amidst all this. 
  • Options
    I gotta say though, it's relieving to see americans also bothered by these prices and the handling of the sale, because when the announcement came and the pre-order opened I saw a lot of europeans being shocked by the price and being met with "if you don't like the price, don't go" around various FB groups and such. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,929
    I gotta say though, it's relieving to see americans also bothered by these prices and the handling of the sale, because when the announcement came and the pre-order opened I saw a lot of europeans being shocked by the price and being met with "if you don't like the price, don't go" around various FB groups and such. 
    The FB groups are hell on Earth. Avoid at all costs. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

The FB groups are hell on Earth. Avoid at all costs. 
    Dipped my feet in case of ticket emergency! Didn't help.
  • Options
    involutionaryinvolutionary sun diego Posts: 105
    edited February 23
    my suggestion would be to allow people to sell their confirmed 10C ticketmaster ticket  during fan presale via F2F. That way if people are unhappy about their seats they can sell them to a fan immediately during fan presale and recoop the costs to purchase another ticket that they choose.  Many fans won't come back to check back on tickets after trying the fan presale and unloading a single becomes harder.  Just a suggestion.
    Post edited by involutionary on
  • Options
    PJ should copy the way Neil did it. Send everyone their own unique password, put all shows onsale at the same time. Non transferable. And let the fans go nuts. 

Neil let me know 18 minutes before they went onsale. I rushed to get the password, logged in and grabbed GA's. It was a great feeling. 

PJ kinda makes me sick. I like to know where I am going to sit before I pay. To fork over a ton of money and be behind PJ premium is greedy.  Glad I opted not to put in for PJ tix this tour. I'll still go to a show or two but will look for tickets once the hype slows down. 
  • Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 637
    PJ_Soul said:
    10C, floor seats are not desirable behind maybe row 6. Can you please stop ranking them higher than seats off the floor?? I literally got the second to last row of the floor for a show, while someone else whose member number is over 200K higher than mine got a way better seat. I don't understand how you think the very back of the floor is better than a seat off the floor.
    AMEN
  • Options
    rett1448rett1448 Posts: 32
    PJ2024 <3333 
    IM FRIGGIN SO EXCITED JUST TO BE IN THE SAME BUILDING
    im sorry guys but PJ & 10C does what they can do for their fans the best they can 

i refuse to believe otherwise 
    bennie’s of 10C membership is priceless 
    the bootleg alone .. and the T’s ??! and the radio ?! free all day and awesome - DEEP?! 

• Options
    Nharv344Nharv344 Posts: 19
    Not gonna lie, other than the prices,it's a little disappointing to see some tickets on TM that are closer to the stage than some of the 'best' 10 Club seats.
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Nharv344 said:
    Not gonna lie, other than the prices,it's a little disappointing to see some tickets on TM that are closer to the stage than some of the 'best' 10 Club seats.
    Yeah, that’s disappointing.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    edited February 24
    The only reason I am still in the tenclub anymore is because of the forum. The way this band handles ticketing is an utter disgrace. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    flyinwhole313flyinwhole313 Posts: 1,651
    edited February 24
    Post edited by flyinwhole313 on
  • Options
    Well...I must say I am very disappointed with how the ticket sale went this go around. I've been a continuous TC member for over 20 years. I requested tickets through TC for LA1 LA2 and LV2 shows. None got fulfilled. This is the first time this has ever happened. Are they still going by seniority? Same thing happened with U2 at The Sphere for me last year...until I complained and they seemed to halt sales and I wound up scoring floor for 2 shows...seems to point to TM being the problem...IMO...

TM pre-sale was horrible on multiple levels.My buddy requested an access code for LV. He got a text, alright...with a link to pre-sale for U2 at The Sphere presale...lol! Wow...system clearing itself out a year too late?? I got tickets on the side of the stage for LA1...glitch right at final step of checkout...lost 'em. Had to get upper level to avoid the insane prices TM wants to charge. Seems to me TM is the problem. For all we know...mabe PJ can only give a handful of the lower level/GA tickets out because TM wants to sell them to make a huge profit...oh well...at least I got something. Fan-to-fan seemed to work out well last tour so hopefully I will move down to GA if they pop-up...
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,331
    JI224501 said:
    Well...I must say I am very disappointed with how the ticket sale went this go around. I've been a continuous TC member for over 20 years. I requested tickets through TC for LA1 LA2 and LV2 shows. None got fulfilled. This is the first time this has ever happened. Are they still going by seniority?
    Seniority never factored into whether or not you scored tickets in the lottery. It only mattered for purposes of the allocation of seats once they were procured. That's still how it works.

One thing I've learned this week is that there are a surprising number of members of the fan club who have managed to remain unaware of how this works despite having been through this process multiple times.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,993
    I think we can all agree the past was great and the present is awful. So many dissatisfied and disillusioned true fans.
    My hope is the big shows don't sell out. But it won't change a thing 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I was so excited to get a P1 fanclub ticket to the Oregon show last weekend. I got my plane ticket and hotel, and everything was set for my 25th show. I was telling everyone I encountered. 

Then, I got my seating assignment that was 4 sections downs I  from the stage on the side 4 rows front the back from the section. It was a bit confusing as I’ve never had a fanclub seat so far from the stage. But, my excitement was still in tact.

i was selected for the verified fan presale, and as I only need a single seat, I thought maybe there might be a single a bit closer. When I got in to select and buy tickets, my heart sank seeing a vast amount of seats better than my 10Club seat selling for exorbitant prices. I was always under the impression that the fanclub members got the best seats. 

I have been a FC club member for nearly 20 years and I cancelled yesterday. My excited for traveling to this show is gone (although I am hopeful it will return once I hear the new album and the show gets closer, but I do worry that once I’m there with my extremely inferior fan club seat, the jadedness will return). 

What’s more is FC members are forbidden from selling their fanclub seat for more than face value. This was a correct and noble policy, but now I see the band selling what used to be fan club seats over face value, which is just shameful for a band who claims to be fan centered.

It’s your prerogative how you want to run your shit, just be upfront and honest about it. Don’t say you care about your fans, you take care of your fan club members l, or fan club members get the best seats. Being a liar and/or a hypocrite are two of the worst attributes reserved for the worst types of  people, and it pains me so much to see the band and the tenclub in this light.

I love you all so much, and I really hope you all reflect deeply about what your longest time fans are telling you right now. 
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    ekwiptekwipt Vancouver Posts: 346
    Kevinman said:
    Nharv344 said:
    This is what’s really bothering me. Even those lucky enough to hit on the lotteries are getting lesser seats now. The “best seats in the house” are not going to 10club lottery winners anymore except for the few who win GA. 
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,480

It’s your prerogative how you want to run your shit, just be upfront and honest about it. 
    https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/dark-matter-world-tour-2024-ten-club-presale

PJ Premium:

PJ Premium seats are located in a variety of preferred locations and account for approximately 10% of ticket inventory per show. They are priced at market rate to offset increased touring costs while also keeping prices low for the rest of the ticket inventory. PJ Premium tickets will only be available through Ticketmaster Registration Sale along with regularly priced tickets.

• Options
    I was very excited when the tour got announced. Secured a hotel in Berlin well in advance thanks to the great rumours thread here. 

Then I saw the ticket prices during the 10c sale. oooouch.... instead of buying tickets for both nights, I went only with Berlin 2, hoping official sales would have better price options. Turned out it didn't. But while waiting in line to get tickets I found out that my 10c tickets for night 2 are pretty much the worst seats in the arena. WTF? ...still got tickets for Berlin 1 because I could choose the seating and some excitement was still left to make me click on buy.

Reading now that tickets are already 'on sale' leaves more than a bitter taste in my mouth. So the true fans get the worst seats and the highest prices??? Oh boy, I would love to see how a EV from 94 or 95 would react to this. ...it's sad and certainly killed the excitement for the shows. 
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,331
    I think we can all agree the past was great and the present is awful. So many dissatisfied and disillusioned true fans.
    My hope is the big shows don't sell out. But it won't change a thing 
    We don't all agree, not in the context of Pearl Jam, and not in the context of the world. A lot of these "true" fans have shown that their fandom is an inch deep, not because they're balking at the ticket prices, which is a totally fair response, but because they've leaped to the conclusion because of those prices that Pearl Jam are greedy a-holes who don't care about their fans, despite thirty-plus years of demonstrating that they do. And a lot of these same "true" fans have next to no interest in any of band's creative output since 1998 which, again, is their prerogative as taste is subjective, but it doesn't suggest a deep reservoir of faith in the band.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    Nharv344Nharv344 Posts: 19
    ekwipt said:
    Kevinman said:
    Nharv344 said:
    This is what’s really bothering me. Even those lucky enough to hit on the lotteries are getting lesser seats now. The “best seats in the house” are not going to 10club lottery winners anymore except for the few who win GA. 
    Don't get me wrong as much as it would be awesome to be that much closer to the stage, not gonna complain I was lucky enough to get tickets. I just feel sorry for the 10 Club members who got shut out, seats like that could have went to them.
  • Options
    Anyone able to post the Wrigley and MSG 10C seating chart? TIA. 
  • Options
    Looking at seats on TM today, basically every single seat is like $800.
    Why? Even some terrible seats at the back are that price. Who is doing this? What's going on? Why are there no regularly priced seats available and why can those people sell "premium" seats for whatever price but people wanting to sell TC seats must sell at face value?
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,570
    edited February 24
    Looking at seats on TM today, basically every single seat is like $800.
    Why? Even some terrible seats at the back are that price. Who is doing this? What's going on? Why are there no regularly priced seats available and why can those people sell "premium" seats for whatever price but people wanting to sell TC seats must sell at face value?

Sometime last night they restricted the sales visible to the general public to premium only, and have literally hidden any face values from view, because they are desperately trying to sell the premium tickets. Who makes such decisions, I do not know. What would that job title be?
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata