Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021
    edited February 15
    @Sea @Kat

How do the things written in here actually reach a forum to be heard? 
    Are all the comments read through loud at Monday meetings? Do an intern compile the nuggets? Is it a part of your gig to do it? Or is it @Rubysdad?

What are the top things that was written in here during these 12 years, that helped shape the fanclub? I think that would be a fun inclusion in the next DEEP magazine. Some info about what this thread actually is, and how it is being used. Dropping in here from time to time, it seems more like a forgotten black hole. So some context would be nice. That is my suggestion to be heard!
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,089
    How about a sticky thread to explain to everyone about using the search function? ;) ... although it seems to have calmed down today, but yesterday was crazy with new threads on the same topics, hard to follow them all.
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,964

I’ve been a hardcore fan of this band since 10 and have seen every tour and travelled abroad many times to see them. I’m almost 60 years old so I’m not naïve about economics or how things work in the real world. However, like many fans I’m shocked by the prices for this tour and what appears to be blatant money grabbing by the band. I’ve read all the arguments from fans trying to excuse this by citing the increased cost of touring post Covid etc. but when you see that the Foo Fighters are touring similar venues and not charging anywhere near PJ’s prices this doesn’t ass up. PJ have no big stage set up with big visuals like U2, Muse or other bands so I fail to see how they can justify these prices. What sticks in the throat especially is that PJ have always portrayed themselves as being about more than music and have championed values like care for their fans, community, progressive politics etc. I have a good well paid job and can afford the prices, but I’m so shocked at this that I feel like I’d be colluding in the band screwing their fans if I pay these prices. From what I’ve seen online many others feel the same. I’m aware that there’s a dedicated thread for the tour but most of the commentary there seems to be about logistics and how the ticket lotter will operate. I feel this is a separate issue that needs it’s own thread. Anyone else feel betrayed by the band?

Well said I do. And I no longer will be going to shoes or buying merchandise. It's no acceptable to me. So all I can do is not go. I would never be able to afford it . And it's a matter of principle

brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    That's all you CAN do.  If you don't like it, don't go.  I think they've sent the world their message, and we're seeing it loud and clear.  They don't owe anyone anything, and they're collecting on all the years they let us along for the ride for cheap.  They're a Hall of Fame band and they're either going to continue to sell out shows regardless of the price, OR the market will correct itself and perhaps we get to see them in smaller venues OR the prices drop.  That's how it works.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    anyone has the right not to want to pay the prices, but man, "betrayed by the band" seems a tad dramatic. try living in the middle of canada where SEVERAL bands fear to tread and being in a tax bracket that doesn't generally involve concert travel.  haha. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    We have to remember that concert tickets are mostly driven by the demand/market value, as opposed to the band's costs associated with touring.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    We have to remember that concert tickets are mostly driven by the demand/market value, as opposed to the band's costs associated with touring.
    correct. I said "supply/demand" on one of the thousand facebook complaining posts and got many laugh emojis. People just don't understand this. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    edited February 15
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    correct. I said "supply/demand" on one of the thousand facebook complaining posts and got many laugh emojis. People just don't understand this. 

I understand it, which is why I am concerned that they will have real trouble with selling out their second Vancouver show, lol.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    I can already hear the roar when we get 10c seats in terrible locations and they don’t even sell out the venue 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    How about an SiriusXM Pearl Jam Radio in studio performance on this Dark Matter tour? 
    Or yet one of your shows aired live on SiriusXM Radio.

That would be a treat!
  • Options
    Could someone fix the phone use for the forum please it's been 2 days. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    haha I thought it was just mine
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Mine works fine.  Was screwed up
    for a few hours but I clicked “full site”
    I think and it went back
    to normal
  • Options
    BSullyBSully Indiana Posts: 1,039
    The forum has been having issues for a couple of days anyway.
    It's almost like the traffic has been higher over the last 72 hours or something.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,843
    just_one said:
    Please announce all 2nd nights at once!!!
    +1

Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Mine works fine.  Was screwed up
    for a few hours but I clicked “full site”
    I think and it went back
    to normal

Site works great on the desktop. Via FireFox, Chorme & Edge.

But on my smartphone, doesn't display well on FireFox or Chrome via Andoid.

But if you change to setting to desktop view .. it'll work but not the greatest viewing on a mobile device.
  • Options
    Still broken on mobile. Why is it taking days?
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021
    edited February 16
    Weird. It's working for me. Maybe you let your PJ Premium+ membership lapse?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,064
    Still not working for me either. Seems like it should be fixed by now 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • Options
    That's all you CAN do.  If you don't like it, don't go.  I think they've sent the world their message, and we're seeing it loud and clear.  They don't owe anyone anything, and they're collecting on all the years they let us along for the ride for cheap.  They're a Hall of Fame band and they're either going to continue to sell out shows regardless of the price, OR the market will correct itself and perhaps we get to see them in smaller venues OR the prices drop.  That's how it works.
    "The years they let us along on the ride for cheap" - what years were they exactly? I don't ever remember paying any less for Pearl Jam albums, shows or merch than I did for any other band. 
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,225
    I can already hear the roar when we get 10c seats in terrible locations and they don’t even sell out the venue 🤦‍♂️
    If that happens they should start auto-upgrading people a few days in advance and re-list the shitter seats at a discount.

Should be easy to track and prioritize original ticket holders not people who got them on F2F. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    JimmyV said:
    It would be nice to see the head of the fan club occasionally interact with the fans. This thread is a reminder of how long it has been since many of us have heard anything from Tim Bierman / @Rubysdad

Still true.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Membership intact. I'm on android if that makes any difference. Come on 10c sort this out
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,391
    On a lottery weekend, it is pretty frustrating not to be able to scroll through here very easy and interact. Please fix mobile forum problems. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options

I’ve been a hardcore fan of this band since 10 and have seen every tour and travelled abroad many times to see them. I’m almost 60 years old so I’m not naïve about economics or how things work in the real world. However, like many fans I’m shocked by the prices for this tour and what appears to be blatant money grabbing by the band. I’ve read all the arguments from fans trying to excuse this by citing the increased cost of touring post Covid etc. but when you see that the Foo Fighters are touring similar venues and not charging anywhere near PJ’s prices this doesn’t ass up. PJ have no big stage set up with big visuals like U2, Muse or other bands so I fail to see how they can justify these prices. What sticks in the throat especially is that PJ have always portrayed themselves as being about more than music and have championed values like care for their fans, community, progressive politics etc. I have a good well paid job and can afford the prices, but I’m so shocked at this that I feel like I’d be colluding in the band screwing their fans if I pay these prices. From what I’ve seen online many others feel the same. I’m aware that there’s a dedicated thread for the tour but most of the commentary there seems to be about logistics and how the ticket lotter will operate. I feel this is a separate issue that needs it’s own thread. Anyone else feel betrayed by the band?

I’m with you-also I don’t think it sits well on their conscience-it’s probably above their heads at this point 
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,117

Because of your comment, I checked the Foos prices at citi field. Next to stage all the way to the side are $220, well above PJ prices. Upper decks were much cheaper at $102. And that’s the issue.

PJ has always charged a one price fits all for standard tickets, but we know the true value of close seats and GA are much higher than upper deck seats, yet PJ charges nearly the same price. When everyone years ago paid $90 to get in the door it wasn’t an issue, we all got a good deal. 

Inflation is real, and $180 average cost for a concert is understandable. Whats not is charging that same price to sit above the scoreboard and with the retired jerseys as fans sipping red wine with the band.

it’s not fair for fans sitting with the clouds to subsidize GA and senior member tickets when prices need to be this high.
  • Options

Because of your comment, I checked the Foos prices at citi field. Next to stage all the way to the side are $220, well above PJ prices. Upper decks were much cheaper at $102. And that’s the issue.

PJ has always charged a one price fits all for standard tickets, but we know the true value of close seats and GA are much higher than upper deck seats, yet PJ charges nearly the same price. When everyone years ago paid $90 to get in the door it wasn’t an issue, we all got a good deal. 

Inflation is real, and $180 average cost for a concert is understandable. Whats not is charging that same price to sit above the scoreboard and with the retired jerseys as fans sipping red wine with the band.

it’s not fair for fans sitting with the clouds to subsidize GA and senior member tickets when prices need to be this high.
    Here was my idea to tackle that:

https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/300909/would-this-be-a-worse-fanclub-ticket-system#latest
  • Options
    This new system for requesting tickets needs revisited. How can TC justify some people hitting GA in both shows in the same city and others being shut out all together? 

My wife and I both went 0/4 for Seattle and Philly (our only choices), yet I've seen people hit all 4 shows.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,757
    This new system for requesting tickets needs revisited. How can TC justify some people hitting GA in both shows in the same city and others being shut out all together? 

My wife and I both went 0/4 for Seattle and Philly (our only choices), yet I've seen people hit all 4 shows.
    The amount of people hitting GA's for both shows in the same city is crazy.  It was bound to happen with no priority but damn does it ever seem like a high number. 

Good on 10C to get so many seats but taking out priority really fucked over a lot of fans imo while others who got lucky won it all. 

• Options
    Any word if there will be a 2023 Pearl Jam CD Box Set?