Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

199100101102103105»

Comments

• Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,808
    tino_11 said:
    Any plans to reissue Lost Dogs on vinyl?
    Please?!
    Great idea 

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,089
    JT167846 said:
    Can the 10C send the album down under before the 18th? Postage sucks here so chances of getting it on release day are minimal anyway. Gigaton shipped the day before release to NZ which was no good
    Seems doubtful. Although my single only took a couple of days once things got moving, so you never know.
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,847
    edited April 16
    A post to express gratitude. Gratitude for the excitement thirty+ years into Pearl Jam's still evolving journey to have the thrill of soon getting to hear a new album of their music. Hail, hail to the lucky ones who get to have the memorable experience of hearing DM for the first time in the wonderfully dusty confines of their local record store and/or burrowed deep in a comfy theater chair - both very cool,  thoughtful and applaudable marketing strategies by the band's management.

Stick with me here for a second.....and, no, I'm not high LOL :glasses: .....

Think of a band's total output of original music as one of those compressed layers of geologic history exposed when looking at a cross section of earth. For example, the recent anniversary of Cobain's death was a reminder of just how short Nirvana's career lasted - they were/are a micro-thin yet indispensable layer in the strata of music history. Most bands, by comparison, have similarly narrow timelines. We have the good fortune - again, gratitude - of being able to dig deep into thirty+ years of Pearl Jam's soil. And yet it's not silted and grassed over. With the impending release of DM it remains an unfinished, still-expanding, yet-to-be-fully-defined top layer. The story ain't over, folks - it's still be written, the diamond is still getting compressed. Bring on, bring on. Thank you Pearl Jam, Andrew Watt, 10C, etc. -- can't wait to hear the new tunes! :rock_on:
  • Options
    ST66483ST66483 Posts: 696
    Well said @jjflash - I agree.
  • Options
    wnh1977wnh1977 Iowa Posts: 587
    edited April 18
    2024 fuckups by the band...
    • The ticket fiasco with Ticketmaster... obviously something was wacky 
    • Dark Matter in theaters... tons of reports of sound quality issues 
    • Ten Club members not having the new album in their hands by release day.  This is just inexcusable.  A rabid fanbase paying a premium for CDs/vinyl through this site and most will not have their hands on it until the next week after release.  
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006:5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,903
    Could we have a Pearl Jam Dark Matter Atlantic Canada & New England tour please? 
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,562
    When you do a pre-order for a new album, can you please make sure it's at least shipped before the release date? It's really not much to ask, seriously. I can't believe my album isn't even moving yet, and there has been no word from you to even inform us of a delay, like every other company doing vinyl pre-orders would do. It's absolutely crazy. It's like saying "FUCK YOU" to your customers.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BrandiMBrandiM Winnipeg, Canada Posts: 22
    edited April 22
    PJ_Soul said:
    When you do a pre-order for a new album, can you please make sure it's at least shipped before the release date? It's really not much to ask, seriously. I can't believe my album isn't even moving yet, and there has been no word from you to even inform us of a delay, like every other company doing vinyl pre-orders would do. It's absolutely crazy. It's like saying "FUCK YOU" to your customers.
    I know this won’t make it better, but the stores here didn’t get the regular album or the RSD version in time either. The one store I dealt with said UMG is the worst record company to deal with. It may not be the band’s management/merch people.
    I’ll ride the wave where it takes me

08.08.2009 Calgary, AB
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,562
    edited April 22
    BrandiM said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I know this won’t make it better, but the stores here didn’t get the regular album or the RSD version in time either. The one store I dealt with said UMG is the worst record company to deal with. It may not be the band’s management/merch people.

I gave my comment a little thought and decided my comment was a little too harsh, came here to edit it, but since you already quoted me, I can't do that, LOL. So I'm sorry 10C, you're not saying fuck you, more like "we don't care a lot." I wish you would. I'm not disappointed because I don't have the vinyl yet so much, as I can still stream it. What I'm disappointed about is the total lack of communication on it. It is only polite and minimal customer service to send out emails saying, "SORRY!! Your pre-order has been delayed!" But we got nothing. Please do better.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,074
    PJ_Soul said:
    BrandiM said:
    PJ_Soul said:

I gave my comment a little thought and decided my comment was a little too harsh, came here to edit it, but since you already quoted me, I can't do that, LOL. So I'm sorry 10C, you're not saying fuck you, more like "we don't care a lot." I wish you would. I'm not disappointed because I don't have the vinyl yet so much, as I can still stream it. What I'm disappointed about is the total lack of communication on it. It is only polite and minimal customer service to send out emails saying, "SORRY!! Your pre-order has been delayed!" But we got nothing. Please do better.
    Your original may have been harsh but it’s hard to disagree with it. My 10c preorder still didn’t arrive today. I also agree that even an apology for it being so late would be nice. They need to do better. It’s lame. 
  • Options
    Razor FaceRazor Face Posts: 53
    edited April 24
    I'm reading the comments above, and I have both a long rant and a question ...

I've been so ridiculously disheartened by the Ten Club lately. I wanted to let it roll off my back, but I decided to log into these forums, which I don't think I've been in since 2009. I'm reading the comments above, and I feel like we're all just here, having to deal with the fact that the 10c doesn't really seem to give a damn about us anymore, or if they do, they're not expressing it in any way that connects with us or even hints at the idea that they in some way understand our frustration.

I'm not coming on here to slag the 10c, and I'm sure you're not either. We're Pearl Jam fans,  we appreciate all the amazing things that we've been allowed to have and be a part of over the years ... BUT, it's getting harder and harder to want to stay a part of the 10c at all. 

This is just my own experience:
    I've been a part of the 10c since just before Avocado was released. The only reason I joined so late was because I was just in my early 20's and that was the first time I really had any disposable income. I was only making about $19,000 a year, but I've been a PJ fan since I was 9 years old when Ten was released, so I had longed to be a part of the fan club for years, and I joined as soon as I could. I have pre-ordered every album since then and done listening parties with my friends and the woman who eventually became my wife, and we still do it. We put on the record, listen in its entirety, and then we play a game where we try and guess which band members wrote which songs before we open up the booklet and read the credits (I have only won Lighting Bolt so far, but I'm due another win, ha). In all of those circumstances, I received the album on release day or the day before.

On top of that, I've been lucky enough to go to a good handful of shows, winning the ten club tickets over the years, and buying through the ultimate evil in the world that is Ticketmaster when I don't win them. I've been to 7 PJ shows, and 5 of them were 10c.

So, I feel fortunate ...

That being said, I feel like the 10c just stopped giving a damn about us over the past 4 years, and they're so apathetic about it. It's not callous, it's not like they're purposely trying to make things as difficult as possible, but I truly believe the 10c management does not care about us one bit anymore. Apathy. 

I had gone years without being able to get PJ tickets, and finally in 2020 (or maybe at the end of 2019) I managed to luck out and score 10c tickets to the Baltimore show of the Gigaton tour (I live in Jersey, but trying to get 10c tickets in NJ, NY or Philly ... I'd have better luck winning the lottery twice in a singe day). Obviously the pandemic postponed that show, but we were all told our tickets would be honored. Well, that didn't happen for me or anyone who had the Baltimore tickets. Instead, that's the only show of the tour that wasn't rescheduled when the tour finally happened, and instead of giving us the option to get 10c tickets for another show, we didn't get anything. Yes, they refunded our costs, but after years of trying to win 10c tickets and finally getting one, the cost was less important than the actual ability to get the ticket. It felt like being told to eff off.  I have not been able to get 10c tickets since then, no matter how I try. I almost tried when they played Sea Hear Now, but a spike of covid came to NJ that week and, knowing I had the Baltimore tickets coming up, I opted to avoid that out of respect for my coworkers who I had a work trip with. I really, really wanted to go, but I decided to be respectful of others because I knew I would have my chance in a few months.  That never happened. I never even got to see them on the show I thought I had tickets to. The last 10c tickets I got were in August of 2016 - 8 years ago, and it's not for lack of trying ... but it honestly feels like they really don't give a damn. The new ticketing system is a nightmare. They don't give clear instructions on how to actually get the tickets, they only cater to the wealthy now since you can't apply for more shows than you're willing to pay for, but the ticket prices are astronomical now and it hinders your ability to apply for more than one show if you're not rich meaning you probably won't get any tickets at all because you're too scared, and on top of that they make us deal with Ticketmaster. TICKETMASTER - the vile organization the band fought against is now the ONLY means by which we can see them. 

Now, I'm sitting here, still not having heard Dark Matter, because I'm trying to wait for the record to arrive and honor what my friends and I have been doing for decades. I event spent the entire week posting on TikTok in celebration of Dark Matter and doing a series of ranking all of Pearl Jam's albums in order form my least favorite to favorite, even though I love them all (Don't judge ... Also don't judge the fact that Binaural is my fav) ... but it's not here. It was postponed twice, and in turn I had to postpone the Pearl Jam party twice, and now it's not coming until Thursday, and I leave for a work trip after that, so I may not listen to the album I've been aching to hear for months until weeks after it was released. And I know this is a first world problem. I know on the grand scale of life this is so insignificant, I truly do - but it doesn't make it less frustrating. I don't want to just stream it on Spotify - Ed himself has gone on many rants about how unromantic streaming a song is in comparison to truly experiencing and loving a vinyl. I agree with him. I want my first experience with this album to be magical, and I'm sure it will be. But it's so disheartening knowing that casual fans, people who aren't 10c members, honestly anyone who wanted, could go into a record store this past weekend and grab a copy and listen to it right away. Meanwhile, I pre-ordered the album the second I saw the email announcement, and I'm still waiting to hear it. 

So my question is: 
    What's the point?  What's the point of being a 10c member anymore? What's the point of pre-ordering albums? 

What's the point of being in the 10c - I don't get tickets, and when I do, they got taken away. I end up having to pay the ticketmaster resale prices to get to any damn show. No one cares that people are buying tickets in bulk and selling their goddamn slops back to us like the worthless pigs we are, because they know we're desperate to see our favorite band. I know that's not 10c's fault, but it feels like they don't care that it's our only way to actually see the band we love. We don't get any 10c bonuses outside of that anymore, so now we're just paying for the privilege of being frustrated and disheartened and sitting at the computer to only get denied over and over again, the also lose the tickets when they go on public sale because no one cares that bots buy up all the tickets and sell them back to us. We are paying for that experience with our 10c money. ON top of that, we don't get holiday singles, shirts, stickers, or even Deep magazine anymore. What exactly are we paying for?

What's the point of pre-ordering - I honestly don't know. Both this and the EV solo album arrived at least a week after other people were able to buy them in stores (Earthing like 6 months after the album was released). So now we're also paying for the privilege to wait longer than everyone else to listen to PJ ... but not only that, we're paying MORE than the people who got it on day 1. If you bought it in a record store, you didn't' have to pay the shipping. I'm looking on Amazon fight now, and I can have 2 day delivery for significantly less than I paid for my pre order. So we're paying more to wait longer .. what's the point?

The frustrating thing is that as much as I'd love to leave the fan club, I'm going to sit here and keep shelling out my money in the hopes that one day I can actually get a ticket, and maybe the years worth of me paying into the 10c without winning anything will in some way be worth it. 

Of course I'm going to stay. I'm a PJ fan. I LOVE this band. I love every single album. I danced to Just Breathe at my wedding. I still tear up when  I'm listening to Nothingman or Sirens or Release, every time. I love PJ, I'm here to stay

.. but I'm tired, and frustrated and despondent, and I truly feel like the 10c doesn't give a damn anymore.  They don't care enough to try and fix any of the frustration we, the fans who have been here for various years over our journeys and truly love this music and support it passionately, are experiencing.

They don't even care enough to simply say "we're sorry" to us, and that's what hurts the most. 

Post edited by Razor Face on
    I'll ride this wave ... 
  • Options
    runstaplesrunstaples NC/WY Posts: 202
    Tried doing a timed drop for someone last night. Tickets were gone in a millisecond. No human could have done that. They're now on stubhub for almost triple the price. Someone has to put a stop to this, seriously. Seriously.
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • Options
    BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,343
    Tried doing a timed drop for someone last night. Tickets were gone in a millisecond. No human could have done that. They're now on stubhub for almost triple the price. Someone has to put a stop to this, seriously. Seriously.