Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    wnh1977wnh1977 Iowa Posts: 587
    Rubysdad said:
    Hey Fans,

The purpose of this thread is for fans to extend their voice by posting their questions comments and concerns related to the band, the fan club, and other such PJ related topics.

10c

• Concert tickets now going for close to $200/each
    • Highly questionable concert drawing results
    • No more annual Fan Club vinyl single
    • No more physical Fan Club newsletter ("Deep")
    • No more free Fan Club t-shirt with membership
    • Outrageous shipping fees for merch
    I guess my concern would be that we're dishing out a lot more and getting a lot less.
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006:5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
  • Options
    29MinutesOrSo29MinutesOrSo NJ Posts: 32
    Seems like I'm part of the non-winners this time around...I'm still not sure- and would love to understand- how some folks get 5-6-7 of their requests honored...and I put in for 1 show and got nothing. And I'm referencing specific situations like folks getting 5 shows AND the one I was looking for. How is there no system in place for equal disbursement at some level? How is someone getting Baltimore, Seattle, Chicago and Boston while someone else is locked out of their only request which is Boston? 
    Doesnt fucking matter anyway
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,868
    Seems like I'm part of the non-winners this time around...I'm still not sure- and would love to understand- how some folks get 5-6-7 of their requests honored...and I put in for 1 show and got nothing. And I'm referencing specific situations like folks getting 5 shows AND the one I was looking for. How is there no system in place for equal disbursement at some level? How is someone getting Baltimore, Seattle, Chicago and Boston while someone else is locked out of their only request which is Boston? 

You answered your own question. There is no system to prevent someone from getting tickets to EVERY show, and certainly no system to make sure as many different accounts get tickets as possible. It's a random free-for-all at best.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,067
    wnh1977 said:
    Rubysdad said:
    Hey Fans,

The purpose of this thread is for fans to extend their voice by posting their questions comments and concerns related to the band, the fan club, and other such PJ related topics.

10c

I guess my concern would be that we're dishing out a lot more and getting a lot less.
    Agree with all of this. 
  • Options
    jazizi83jazizi83 USA Posts: 7
    wnh1977 said:
    Rubysdad said:
    Hey Fans,

10c

THIS. The most concerning for me is access to concert tickets. The prices of tickets alone make these shows more exclusive. Not having control over which concert(s) I would attend, if any at all, plus 10c/ticketmaster's inability or unwillingness to ensure a more balanced ticket dispersal method, though, makes the experience much worse. I can only hope that 10c members who lost out during the pre-sale have some advantage during the registration sale.
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,967
    I agree there is literally no benefit to pay membership anymore in the toughest economic times for most people. Sad to see this place nose dived so badly
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    I agree there is literally no benefit to pay membership anymore in the toughest economic times for most people. Sad to see this place nose dived so badly
    Ditto

I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,297
    A lot of hyperbole here. "Literally no benefit": you get the opportunity to access thousands of tickets before anyone else in the general public. That is a real benefit, even if it doesn't guarantee you tickets-- which it never did. "Toughest economic times for most people": the financial crisis of 2008 would like a word. We lost 700,000 jobs a month from October 2008 to April 2009. Homes were getting foreclosed on left and right. Meanwhile, a Quinnipiac poll of a few months ago found that 60 percent of Americans said their financial condition is either good or excellent.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    A lot of hyperbole here. "Literally no benefit": you get the opportunity to access thousands of tickets before anyone else in the general public. That is a real benefit, even if it doesn't guarantee you tickets-- which it never did. "Toughest economic times for most people": the financial crisis of 2008 would like a word. We lost 700,000 jobs a month from October 2008 to April 2009. Homes were getting foreclosed on left and right. Meanwhile, a Quinnipiac poll of a few months ago found that 60 percent of Americans said their financial condition is either good or excellent.
    Americans.....Europe would like a word . I don't know what a hyperbole is I'm a dumbass old English man 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I'm able to afford tickets so I don't have a dog in the fight anymore. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    *not.
    Sorry still trying to work this abortion of a site.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,554
    *not.
    If you're talking about the mobile problems, have you tried logging out and then logging back in? That has been working for me, but I have to do it each time I go on.

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    *not.
    If you're talking about the mobile problems, have you tried logging out and then logging back in? That has been working for me, but I have to do it each time I go on.

Thank you . I tried and it's still the same. Oh well probably beat I sit out for a while anyway.i think I'm becoming too much.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    efroten2efroten2 Chicago Posts: 64
    cbeiting said:
    Remember when the 10C would limit you to two tickets for an entire show? It was fantastic. There was a much better chance of going to a show you wanted to go to, and there was a good chance if you had a low number you'd get legit bad ass seats. 

The last time I felt like I had a fighting chance was 2003 in Lexington. Front row center. Fanclub #123,xxx 

Ever since the 10C allowed people to put in for every show, it's been an absolutely nightmare shitshow. 

Hey 10C, go back to two tickets. Either 1 ticket for 2 shows, or 2 tickets to 1 show. And maybe consider not charging $180/ticket for your most dedicated fans? Just a few ideas that you will never consider... 

I'm pretty sure 10C let you submit for as many shows as you wanted in 2003. I did 7 shows that year and I think 4-5 of those were 10c tickets, the others I decided to go to later and got through TM.

I'd also like to see some staggered prices based on seat location, paying close to $200 for upper deck is pretty shitty. As others have said, charge a bit more for better seats, a little less for worse seats.

It does seem odd how many people got multiple GA shows (myself included). As many have already stated - My biggest issue is that since the 2023 shows, we're getting worse 10C seats than ever before because they are selling those seats to non-10C members or as platinum seats. It will be very interesting to see seating assignments for this 2024 tour.

Another factor - they seem to be playing fewer shows now which creates more demand per show.
    1994: Bridge School Night 2
    1995: Sacramento, San Jose
    1998: Sacramento
    2001: Bridge School Night 2
    2003: St. Louis, Champaign, Irvine 1, Irvine 2, Chicago, East Troy, Noblesville
    2004: Grand Rapids
    2006: Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Cleveland, Milwaukee 2
    2007: Chicago (The Vic), Chicago (Lolla)
    2009: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
    2010: Noblesville
    2013: Chicago, San Diego
    2014: St. Louis, Milwaukee
    2016: Chicago 1 & 2
    2018: Chicago 1 & 2
    2011: PJ20 1 & 2
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    Americans.....Europe would like a word . I don't know what a hyperbole is I'm a dumbass old English man 
    Fair enough. I may be a little sensitive to some of the political dynamics over here. Our economy has recovered much better than Europe's  and the U.K.'s since the pandemic, so I recognize that the situation is not as good over there.
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 885
    Yeah this ticket system is a joke. Not worth the 10c membership anymore. If this is how it is from now on, some people get several shows, a lot of people get absolutely nothing. What a joke. For a group of fans that care so much, the 10c seems to care so little these days about what actually happens with their decisions. From messed up online orders, to now the tickets. It’s getting out of hand. 
  • Options
    Fan club member for over 20years.. shut out for both Philly shows.. what a joke
    "I Will Scream my Lungs out 'til it fills this Room "

" I Will Feel Alive as Long as I am Free"

"Are We Getting SomeThing Out Of this All Encompassing Trip? Makes Much More Sense To Live In The Present Tense"

www.myspace.com/ehoff12982
  • Options
    LostDog_72LostDog_72 London Posts: 74
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    Fair enough. I may be a little sensitive to some of the political dynamics over here. Our economy has recovered much better than Europe's  and the U.K.'s since the pandemic, so I recognize that the situation is not as good over there.
    It isn't even so much about the economic situation! PJ tour the US almost every year - they have come to Europe something like 4 times in the last 17 years. So the benefit of paying $$$ to "access thousands of tickets before anyone else in the general public. is somewhat reduced for Europeans
  • Options
    dunewalldunewall Posts: 62
    I'll pay $35 a year for let's say a 20-50% chance of getting tickets to shows without having to fight the bots in the general sale.  If you're lucky enough to snag general sale or F2F tix - great.  But if not, you are going to pay far more than $35 extra on the secondary market.
    As I've said before - I was on a 0-11 lottery streak leading up to last year and I still think the membership is worth it.  There are lots of things I waste $35 on throughout the year but the 10C membership isn't one of them IMO

Cleveland 03'
    Cincinnati 03' (Flooded)
    Cincinnati 06'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Chicago N2 23'
    Indy 23' (Cancelled)
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    It isn't even so much about the economic situation! PJ tour the US almost every year - they have come to Europe something like 4 times in the last 17 years. So the benefit of paying $$$ to "access thousands of tickets before anyone else in the general public. is somewhat reduced for Europeans
    They've been to Europe more than 4 times in 17 year.
    In that time I've seen them in the UK  2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2022
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,025
    edited February 22
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    2000 (Roskilde Tragedy)
    2006 (back after Roskilde Tragedy)
    2012 (Eddie)
    2017 (Eddie)
    2019 (Eddie)
    2020 (-->2022)

How often have they played e.g. the US south in that time period?
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    2000 (Roskilde Tragedy)
    2006 (back after Roskilde Tragedy)
    2012 (Eddie)
    2017 (Eddie)
    2019 (Eddie)
    2020 (-->2022)

How often have they played e.g. the US south in that time period?
    or (non big 3) Canada?
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    wnh1977wnh1977 Iowa Posts: 587
    edited February 22
    dunewall said:
    I'll pay $35 a year for let's say a 20-50% chance of getting tickets to shows without having to fight the bots in the general sale.  If you're lucky enough to snag general sale or F2F tix - great.  But if not, you are going to pay far more than $35 extra on the secondary market.
    As I've said before - I was on a 0-11 lottery streak leading up to last year and I still think the membership is worth it.  There are lots of things I waste $35 on throughout the year but the 10C membership isn't one of them IMO

I understand your point, but this doesn't jive with the supposed Pearl Jam way of doing things that we all loved when we were getting into the band... you know, that they were for the fans! In the past, a membership fee gave you a chance at concert tickets... but at the very least, you were able to get the things I mentioned in my earlier post... a vinyl single, a physical newsletter, a t-shirt.  There was something tangible for the cost of membership before the chance of tickets even entered the equation.  Oh wait, I forgot about the mp3 we get  :s  I think the vinyl fan club single strongly coincides with the band's waning fan-friendliness.  It was timely and on-point for a long time.  Then it would be a little late.  Then it was more than a year behind.  Then it was gone.  But spin that black circle, kids!

So now $35 gets you a 25 - 50% chance of getting a $190 ticket (basically making it a $210 ticket)?  I know it's not 1998 when I scored 3rd row, $30 tickets to the United Center after receiving a cool newsletter and vinyl single all for the price of $10... but you can't tell me this band's attention to detail and fan-friendliness hasn't nosedived.  It's been talked about a ton over the years how many feel they keep the "Pearl Jam business" alive for the loads of cash they will surely bring in, losing almost every remnant of the fan-friendly ethos that they wanted to be defined by.

I still get excited when they put out new music... the 7-year break from 2013 - 2020 had me wondering if they had turned into a complete nostalgia act, but hopefully the 2 records over the past 5 years is more of the pace we see from here on out.  And I still get excited when I score fan club tickets and get to plan a trip around a show.  Bottom line is that I completely understand the frustrations of longtime fans.  We felt truly appreciated for a long, long time... as of late (maybe 5+ years... coincidentally it might have been right around the time of that hideous, pathetic "Ridin' With Biden" t-shirt), I understand fans wondering if the band treats "Pearl Jam" as a highly-profitable part-time business.  

Post edited by wnh1977 on
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006:5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
  • Options
    dunewall said:
    Why do you keep Pearl Jam to this low standard? 

"Pearl Jam has a thing where you pay $35 a year for 20% chance of getting tickets once they tour" 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    LostDog_72LostDog_72 London Posts: 74
    BF25394 said:
    BF25394 said:
    They've been to Europe more than 4 times in 17 year.
    In that time I've seen them in the UK  2007, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2022
    My point stands - over that same period of time, they have played US dates in 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024. I have excluded 2007 and 2015 because they only play 1 or 2 shows.
  • Options
    dunewalldunewall Posts: 62
    wnh1977 said:
    dunewall said:

I understand your point, but this doesn't jive with the supposed Pearl Jam way of doing things that we all loved when we were getting into the band... you know, that they were for the fans! In the past, a membership fee gave you a chance at concert tickets... but at the very least, you were able to get the things I mentioned in my earlier post... a vinyl single, a physical newsletter, a t-shirt.  There was something tangible for the cost of membership before the chance of tickets even entered the equation.  Oh wait, I forgot about the mp3 we get  :s  I think the vinyl fan club single strongly coincides with the band's waning fan-friendliness.  It was timely and on-point for a long time.  Then it would be a little late.  Then it was more than a year behind.  Then it was gone.  But spin that black circle, kids!

So now $35 gets you a 25 - 50% chance of getting a $190 ticket (basically making it a $210 ticket)?  I know it's not 1998 when I scored 3rd row, $30 tickets to the United Center after receiving a cool newsletter and vinyl single all for the price of $10... but you can't tell me this band's attention to detail and fan-friendliness hasn't nosedived.  It's been talked about a ton over the years how many feel they keep the "Pearl Jam business" alive for the loads of cash they will surely bring in, losing almost every remnant of the fan-friendly ethos that they wanted to be defined by.

I still get excited when they put out new music... the 7-year break from 2013 - 2020 had me wondering if they had turned into a complete nostalgia act, but hopefully the 2 records over the past 5 years is more of the pace we see from here on out.  And I still get excited when I score fan club tickets and get to plan a trip around a show.  Bottom line is that I completely understand the frustrations of longtime fans.  We felt truly appreciated for a long, long time... as of late (maybe 5+ years... coincidentally it might have been right around the time of that hideous, pathetic "Ridin' With Biden" t-shirt), I understand fans wondering if the band treats "Pearl Jam" as a highly-profitable part-time business.  

I points are valid and I'm not sure what is the solution.  Getting the Christmas single in the mail (usually in Feb) was awesome.  Question - would you be willing to pay $50 a year and get a shirt and single?  Unfortunately, it's not just PJ. Everywhere you look these days we are paying more for less than we used to get.

Spiritual_Chaos said:
    dunewall said:
    Why do you keep Pearl Jam to this low standard? 

"Pearl Jam has a thing where you pay $35 a year for 20% chance of getting tickets once they tour" 
    Trying to make the best of it honestly.  As wnh1977 said - during that 7-year break most thought they may never come out with any new music.

Cleveland 03'
    Cincinnati 03' (Flooded)
    Cincinnati 06'
    Cincinnati 14'
    Chicago N2 23'
    Indy 23' (Cancelled)
    Because of the pricing I applied for one show instead of two this time. My usual routine would have been trying to see two shows, which I did every time I could. As a 10C member, I used to feel sort of taken care of. "We got you". A decent priced ticket, early access to the venue. Now I'm in a lottery with a couple million other people maybe, and I can't apply to several shows to up my chances, when it involves crossing multiple borders. Because I'm expected to pay for every applied ticket. Hell, getting to an airport that has international flights is a 1000km journey for me. 

They obviously conduct business in a different way now. Is this due to the change in management? Are they doing a Springsteen and selling their catalog next? 

If the 10C is only paid access to a store front and a lottery - why bother? 

I missed out in the GA as well. I know this is on me. Been too stressed to catch the registration bit and thought it was just a normal ticketmaster-sale... Bummed. 

And kinda sick of the comments saying these are normal prices. I compared with Dave Matthews Band this summer. Comparative arenas and sizes. flat $100. So don't say it's become too expensive to tour. DMB was putting tons into their stage visuals and lights when Pearl Jam barely had movable lights. This is just about margins. 
  • Options
    mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,868
    Why doesn't entry into the Ten Club lottery automatically register you for the Ticketmaster General Sale?

Before anyone asks, I did register for both, so this isn't a "read the instructions" issue.

TM wants to filter out bots and resellers, so they have everyone register for the general sale. If we're in the club, it's highly unlikely we're bots. I know there are some resellers in here, but with most of the venues restricting resale prices, does that aspect really matter? If I'm entering the lottery for x shows, I more than likely want to go to those shows. If I don't get them in the lottery, I'm probably going to want to try to get them in the general sale, so why not just use my Ten Club entry as part of my general sale registration? Wouldn't this streamline things for members?
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Options
    I will be honest I don't need tickets but this is the first time in my life I've considered not renewing 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Now I'm in a lottery with a couple million other people maybe, 
    More like a half-million, maybe. Member numbers go up to about 800000, but many of those will have lapsed (and some will have died over 33 years). And not every member is in the lottery. A lot of them live in places that are nowhere near the few cities hosting shows and don't have the money or flexibility to travel to shows.