Options

***Reading Festival Fanviews Here 27/8 ***

Comments

• Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    burtschips wrote:
    hey peg... I didn't know he was crying either... knew he was emotional and struck but did not realise how much!! I remeber the binoculares though and the guitar spotlight... plus I seem to recall Matt putting his arm round ed right at the end and er bad turn of phrase ... pulling him off :)

have not watched the webcast yet just downloading it!
    shame that on the webcast you can't actually see what Ed is doing with the guitar..the reflexion doesn't show on camera.
    Can't recall MAtt putting his arm around Ed..but then I had a big security guy in front of me at that point..you're taller!

I didn't spot you on the webcast (not yet tryied whilst pausing) but I've seen Gitta, AMENt and meself for sure! so you must be there too!
  • Options
    I've waited a couple of days because I thought by now, I'd be able to post something coherent about the experience. I was wrong.

I was in the disabled viewing stand, right in the middle front row, going absolutely fucking mental (unfortunate pun, sorry) the whole time, arms raised in a v.... this was my first time seeing PJ after 15 years idolising them; saw them with my wife, who says that now PJ are her favourite band. It was spiritual. It was transcendent. Just unbelievable. I mean....

Oh

My

God, were they good. Thanks guys, please do the UK more often. We love you.

edit: I am sure Ed waved at me when taking the binoculars out, because I was right in the front of the viewing stand, in a wheelchair, wearing my avocado. He seemed to be looking at me when he waved, but maybe I'm just a freak.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • Options
    Was anyone else pissed off royally by the frontman of Taking Back Sunday's comments about Eddie Vedder? (Just when you thought he was 100 years old...) It drove me mad. A band who've been media whores for what, six months in the UK, have the balls to make a derogatory remark about the headlining legends?

I was pissed off. I found it very, very disrespectful.

I laughed my head off when My Chemical Romance had stuff chucked at them on the first chord. It was awesome. Now I know why all USAers complain so much about 'Emo'. I know their music sounds bad, but I had no idea how up their own arses emo bands themselves can be.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

• Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Did anyone else make the mistake of staying up until 01:30am this morning to watch the Reading/Leeds highlights only for the bastards to show NO Pearl Jam?

AH MAN I FUCKING DID THAT TOO AND I'M KNACKERED NOW...

• Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    I stayed up until 2 am last night (on a work night) watching the Reading show all over again!
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Was anyone else pissed off royally by the frontman of Taking Back Sunday's comments about Eddie Vedder? (Just when you thought he was 100 years old...) It drove me mad. A band who've been media whores for what, six months in the UK, have the balls to make a derogatory remark about the headlining legends?

I laughed my head off when My Chemical Romance had stuff chucked at them on the first chord. It was awesome. Now I know why all USAers complain so much about 'Emo'. I know their music sounds bad, but I had no idea how up their own arses emo bands themselves can be.

Didn't hear about the Taking back sunday comment, what an arsehole. It's not like they're as old as the rolling stones or something.....plus the chances of TBS lasting til they are in their 40's is somewhat doubtfull.

I think your comment about MCR was a tad harsh, at the end of the day they pulled in a massive crowd proving a lot of people are fans of their music, and I know I'd be pissed off if people threw shit at Pearl Jam just cause they didn't like that type of music. I know the guy from MCR came across arrogant, but you can tell he was embarrassed and upset, and he was trying his best to act like he didn't care, most people just walk off. The guy from Panic! at the disco was knocked out cold by a glass bottle, which I think is fucking disgraceful. This is the thing that bothers me about festivals, whilst the majority of people there are really cool and happy to have a few beers and watch some bands, you get the obligatory wankers who have to display their displeasure in whoever may be playing on the stage - most normal people would just go for a wander to the bar or get some food, dickheads!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Danni CDanni C Posts: 54
    groovyf wrote:
    I spotted them showing stuff on BBCi (channel 301) before I went to bed last night, so set my recorder for 4 hours, hoping that it may show something....

I guess they didn't then? Shame. Would be ace if the beeb showed the full set one night

Yeah, I stayed up till 2 and left the video on record incase they played more, got the 1st part and they said they were going to show the rest later on, I kept switching to interactive, only to switch over to catch the end of the 1sr encore.. was really pissed as recored the 1st part of it.. Looked amazing. I was in Leeds fairly near the front and Eddie was emotional then. I love the way he sings his songs with great passion, you could see on his face when everyone sang "tattooed everything" he was genuinely taken by the crowd, the smile on his face almost made me cry!! Im so glad I got to hear that song live.

Please come back again soon..
  • Options
    groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    So was it on BBC2 where they played the whole 1st encore?

Other than the 1st set, all I got in high quality is Alive and WWS
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • Options
    groovyf wrote:

No the played the 1st set on BB3 and most of the 1st encore on interactive on BBC3 but only managed to play alive on BBC2!!
  • Options
    groovyfgroovyf Posts: 173
    Danni C wrote:
    No the played the 1st set on BB3 and most of the 1st encore on interactive on BBC3 but only managed to play alive on BBC2!!

Grr. That annoys me, as they didn't mention to check the BBCi channel(s) at all. Unless you looked on the off chance there's no way you woulda known :(
    All Edith Bowman said was "we'll be back with them" after the 1st set.

BBC2 have a 2hr highlights show this coming Saturday at around 11.30pm, but I reckon they'll just do Alive and WWS again.
    :: Caesaria - Israel 1995, Wembley 1996, Manchester 2000, Leeds 2006, Manchester 2009, Manchester 2012, Manchester 2012 (EV), Leeds 2014, London 2018 ::
  • Options
    groovyf wrote:
    Grr. That annoys me, as they didn't mention to check the BBCi channel(s) at all. Unless you looked on the off chance there's no way you woulda known :(
    All Edith Bowman said was "we'll be back with them" after the 1st set.

BBC2 have a 2hr highlights show this coming Saturday at around 11.30pm, but I reckon they'll just do Alive and WWS again.

Totaly, they should tell you on the main channel what is on interactive, espceially if they are showing the full set.. Bloody BBC typical showing only UK bands..Artic Monkeys who are over rated in my opinion got loads of airplay..
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    GIG I LOVE YOU :D:D:D:D:D

Glad to hear :D
    Pearl Jam - London Astoria 20/4/06....One hell of a night :)

Reading 2006 - WOOOOW!!!!!

Paris 2006 - Fucking amazing

Wembley 2007 :D
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    groovyf wrote:

All they showed on BBC2 was WWS, Evolution and Alive :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options

wow, what did he said??
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • Options
    b0nesb0nes Posts: 5
    Best thing ive ever seen, totaly phisically and emotionly drained afterwards. Going to italy to see them 19th sept too now, looking forward to an even longer set there, and im sure some other tunes :D
    29.05.2000 - London
    27.08.2006 - Reading
    19.09.2006 - Torino
  • Options
    InnesInnes Posts: 9
    I was at the front for the first five songs but went back a bit after being felled to the turf twice. The band were very nervous about the moshing at the start. But after we all calmed a bit they went on deliver a very good and powerful set.

Much was a blur but the versions of rvm, crown of thorns, alive and yellow ledbetter were among the best ive seen/heard.

It was obvious thet the band were taken aback by the huge response they got. Eddy was in tears more than once. Notaby he mumbled something like "we dont come here enough to deserve fans like you".

I have to say Ive been to few better concerts in 30 years of concert going. I am going to Athens and cant wait!!
  • Options
    myth4343myth4343 Posts: 89
    What an amazing show, couldn't believe how fantastic Pearl jam was, and how they got the crowd oing for about 2 hours. The setlist was awesome, the band was on top form. Was worth the trip from France. Looking forward to see them tonight in Antwerp and in Paris on the 11th of september. Hopefully, the setlist will be a bt different, like this i get to hear some other songs
  • Options
    wow, what did he said??

The guy from Taking Back Sunday was doing a cheesy rundown of the line-up, cheering all the bands coming after them, and when they got to Pearl Jam, he said 'And just when you thought Eddie Vedder was over 100 years old, he isn't. He's here, tonight,' something like that. I found it disrespectful, anyway.

• Options
    Yep, i remember this. he should himself step down.....as he was making himsulf shameful while he was playing....
  • Options
    They have now put three tracks from the amazing Reading festival Pearl Jam set online - World Wide Suicide, Alive and Why Go.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/events/2006/reading/

The band looking and sounding great!!
  • Options
    So f**king cool!!!!! Ended up with a great view too!! And Eddie genuinely seemed taken aback by the response! bless his little cotton socks!!

Again again!!!!!
  • Options
    RX7RX7 Posts: 6
    congrats to you to, we stayed at the second barrier as well- for obvious reasons! just saw the whole thing again, still perfect!
    i saw taking back sunday when they tried to warm up for Green Day (quite good) at milton keynes and they were a load of rubbish, who cares what he says, he can't rock. I'm sure Ed wouldn't give a monkeys what he thinks, remember when Kurt Cobain called PJ a corporate band back in the past!

PJ are perfect, the rest can please themselves, thank you, come back soon

and now the sun is low
    and these walls try to break my soul
    and now the moon is full
    and i won't see nothing tonite
    but the tearsin her eyes and
    my pearl jam world
  • Options
    I was at Reading and saw Pearl Jam for the first time. I have been waiting 15 years (more than half my life) to see them live and because I grew up in Cape Town South Africa, I never thought I would get to see them.

I literally paid the price of the ticket just to see Pearl Jam. I was not bothered by the rest of the bands and to be honest, didnt even go and see to many others play, mostly sat around the tent drinking.

All I can say is that seeing them live was everything I had ever expected and more, I didnt think they would play all their older stuff so that was awesome. Just a pity we missed Daughter and Elderly Woman.

I went as far forward as I could but it was a choice between getting pushed about by God knows how many people there and going a little further back and actually being able to take pics and enjoy the set.

One of the highlights of my life. Pity it had to end.
  • Options
    Oh and having watched the clips on YouTube, he really did cry after Alive.

That is the biggest surprise for me, 15 years in the business and he still cried because of the crowd.

What a humble band and they truly are living legends.

If anyone heard a few people singing "we love you Eddie, we do, we love you Eddie, we do, we love you Eddie, we do, oh Eddie we love you", that was my mate and I and some other people.
  • Options
    NH87NH87 Posts: 29
    mind blowing. life changing. please come back soon.
    Reading, Aug '06
    London, June '07
    Manchester, Aug '09
    London, Aug '09
    Berlin, June '10
    Manchester, June '12
    Leeds, July '14
    London, June '18
    London, July '18
    Amsterdam, July '22

• Options
    The show, the atmosphere were just unbelievable, "nothing else as it seems" to add.

I went with my brother. I'm french and work in brussels, and he came from france. As the day passed on, we were asking ourself, if it was really worth coming to the festival, as they're were, no other acts than Pearl jam, that really interested us (oh Yeah My chemaical Romance...). But after seeing Pearl jam, we had our answer....Yes it was definetly worth it...and can't wait to catch hem in the UK next year
  • Options
    first time ive ever seen pearl jam live !!!! brilliant!!!!! no need for fancy backdrops, just the best music from the best band! im hooked now, hoping to catch them again in perth, aus
  • Options
    14 pages and still no one has mentioned the breast show during the technical break in Placebo's set.
  • Options
    RX7RX7 Posts: 6
    our guy (183) memorably commented

" an hour of this will do me"
  • Options
    pears23pears23 Posts: 7
    2nd time this week I was fortunate to see the guys at Dublin also earlier in the week. Totally awesome, had the most fantatsic time. Don't leave it so long next time fellas, your UK fanbase MISS YOU!!!!!!!!!