Options

***Reading Festival Fanviews Here 27/8 ***

Comments

• Options
    OUCH MY RIBS...feckin killin me.

Unbelievable.. brilliant night !!! Still cant believe we were that close :D and I DIDNT collapse this time :D
    "Underneath this smile lies everything
    All my hopes and anger, pride and shame
    Make myself a pact not to shut doors on the past
    Just for today I am free"

Dublin 23/08/2006 ~~~Reading 27/08/2006

Wembley June '07 !!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    OUCH MY RIBS...feckin killin me.

Unbelievable.. brilliant night !!! Still cant believe we were that close :D and I DIDNT collapse this time :D

Hey!! Great night. I was drenched at the end. I must have had half a dozen people land on me aswell. Oh well. I survived! :D

Edit: I couldn't believe it when you two appeared from within the melee. There were loads of 10clubbers at the front.
  • Options
    CageyCagey Posts: 220
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Hey!! Great night. I was drenched at the end. I must have had half a dozen people land on me aswell. Oh well. I survived! :D

Edit: I couldn't it when you two appeared from within the melee. There were loads of 10clubbers at the front.

They don't call her Sneaky for nothing :p we stayed just in behind you for about 4 songs, but it got way too squishy , where we moved across to was way more comfortable and we missed nothing, we got a few boots in the head later too though, people started to spring up from everywhere to crowd surf. The water was indeed plentiful, that was missing in Dublin.
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • Options
    shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    I thought the Astoria was amazing...Reading was better...it was like a dream

And this time we get a proper boot of the show...yes!

I am so happy to have been there...:)

thanks to all the 10 clubbers that we met...we had fun

its not often I have drank so much vodka and still been able to stand, not to mention have saloirgirlie on my shoulders during the set....

thanks pearl jam...please come back - did someone mention wembley??
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
  • Options
    JabbittJabbitt Posts: 5
    This was the second time I've seen them (wembly arena may bank holiday 2000) and I wore the t-shirt to prove it ;-)

I watched from just in front of the control decks and I'm tall enough to see over the crowd. AMAZING!! I loved very minute of it. Sung my lungs out to all the songs I could. The night wouldn't be complete without "Iron Man" on a ukelele ;-)

Muse did have an amazing show, but PJ just blew me away with there performance alone. How long do I have to keep pressing refresh before the bootleg becomes available :-)
  • Options
    mookmook Posts: 78
    Hi guys.

For those of you that are interested, I have spent ages editing and tweaking the photos I took at the Reading Festival and it's now on my site:

http://mookiepics.blogspot.com/

Please give me some feedback by posting comments on the site!!!
  • Options
    I was bowled over by the way Ed was with the crowd at Reading, I was about 5 back from the front in front of Mike, Ed first of all asked that Security look after us all, that was great, but at the end when Ed bought all the Band to the front of the stage and gave us a Bow - AMAZING!!! I have never seen that from any band in the past, Thanks Pearl Jam that even tops Led Zep and the Who!!!!
    Now my bitter hands shake beneath the clouds

Jools Holland 25/4/06
    Reading Festival 27/8/06

one better than Ed

WHO with Keith Moon - Oct 1975 Stafford
    Led Zep with John Bonham - May 1975 London
  • Options
    Got back from that wicked performance and I couldnt get my comments on this forum as I was not registered so after a day of so of waiting for validation I can get my thoughts down - even though I have been a fan since school this was my first PJ gig and it was so so so so good!

The crowd was so in to the songs and the image of Eddie Vedder's face talking to the crowd - through the moment you could clearly see tears in his eyes - the crowd reaction where I was standing when Eddie moved over to the rigging (well side of stage) during 'alive' I think our group wanted eddie to do his thing like on the video - everyone was screaming for him to go (I am sure) - a jump over the monitor was fine

It just goes to show how the Reading Crowd was up for it even at the end of the festival

So I hope PJ will come back to Reading and of course I will get a ticket for any shows on a future UK tour (hint hint).

JC
  • Options
    Eddie was off his face, on ... something :D .. haha, emotional? High more like. Did he know what the hell he was ranting about? Because not many others did at the time, everyone around us was like ..wtf?? :D 'twas funny.
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    so glad you guys made it and stayed on your feet :)

was really cool to see you down there out of nowhere :p , my Irish PJ family :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    so glad you guys made it and stayed on your feet :)

was really cool to see you down there out of nowhere :p , my Irish PJ family :D

At one point we were off our feet! :eek: .. just had to allow ourselves to be carried while the crowd fought from side to side for room! That was around the point where I decided ... let's get the f**k outta here, and over towards Mike's side seemed a better, safer place! Didn't want herself getting squished you see :p ... (Or me!) It turned out to be a great idea, we had much more space, got lots of soakage :D and a better view.

It was mad that we seen you, and Byrnzie way up there, you must have thought we were stalking you!!! Haha!

we never thought we'd get anywhere near that far up, people just seemed to let us walk on their toes and creep through, we were polite about it "sorry, 'scuse me .. um, sorry 'bout that ... don't worry, we're not staying here ..." etc ... :D All the way through!
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    I was surprised how easy it was to get near the front aswell. Although didn't stay in that spot, after three songs moved a little to a more comfortable spot but still pretty close (about 8 rows from the front) where it was much calmer. I'm too small to stay in the crush.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Chime wrote:
    I was surprised how easy it was to get near the front aswell. Although didn't stay in that spot, after three songs moved a little to a more comfortable spot but still pretty close (about 8 rows from the front) where it was much calmer. I'm too small to stay in the crush.

We got a spot about the same, over left side, about 8-9 rows back. She's a bit more delicate than me, I was terrified she'd dissapear under a mass of bodies!! (she ended up being the one who got most kicks in the head from crowd surfers too!)

I think it's way better to get a few rows back, if it means you'll actually see and enjoy the show, albeit not so close up.
  • Options
    dr jamdr jam Posts: 69
    This has to have been the most surprisingly awesome gig of my life. I thought it would be good, but *that* good?!?!

We were about 10 rows back in front of Stone, we were surrounded by people screaming their hearts out, and it was freakin awesome. Never have I felt so connected with a band *and* the fans. Just incredible.

Wasted Reprise/Betterman was so so good, and for me takes the PJ biscuit.
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,861
    oh my god, what a fantastic weekend, PJ love camp was great and we drank loads, and our meetup with everyone else before PJ was great. It was a shame we couldn't all be there in the front together...
    i was 5-10 people back, right in front of mike, moved back a little as it went on, but the crowd calmed down a bit after 20 mins or so. Security was great and the love in the crowd was there. Ed told everyone before they started to take care of each other. I know i helped a few people off the ground, as soon as they went down there were 5 hands there to pull them up.
    It was my 4th pj show and by far the best. Unbelievable setlist - why go, blood, CROWN OF THORNS!! Ed doing iron man on the uke, mike going off his nut all show. My voice was nearly gone after the show, i could not walk after they finished, and i just sat in the arena for 10 mins totally blown away!!! sailorgirle had no voice, but that might have also been due to the lite of vodka she and shmike destroyed before the show!!
    Thanks to Zoe for saving us the camp spot, all the drinking we did, the Breakfast shots. Thanks for leaving all the alcohol for us, a bottle of shcnapps was destroyed on monday night :)
    I am hoping to go to barcelona thanks to Dave but the flights will cost me to much, i will let you know later on Dave, i hope to make it
    Only bad part is that the backstage tickets i could not get from work, my mate got them offered to him on friday afternoon and was hanging out with the band before and after the show.
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!
  • Options
    RX7RX7 Posts: 6
    a perfect set, my unborn childs first gig!

ed and jeff sitting on stage at the end marveling at us as we marveled at them will live with me forever

come back soon, thank you
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    RX7 wrote:
    a perfect set, my unborn childs first gig!

ed and jeff sitting on stage at the end marveling at us as we marveled at them will live with me forever

come back soon, thank you
    I loved it when Ed picked up the binoculars..:D
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
  • Options
    shmikeshmike Posts: 216
    sailorgirle had no voice, but that might have also been due to the lite of vodka she and shmike destroyed before the show!!
    Thanks to Zoe for saving us the camp spot, all the drinking we did, the Breakfast shots. Thanks for leaving all the alcohol for us, a bottle of shcnapps was destroyed on monday night :)
    I am hoping to go to barcelona thanks to Dave but the flights will cost me to much, i will let you know later on Dave, i hope to make it
    Only bad part is that the backstage tickets i could not get from work, my mate got them offered to him on friday afternoon and was hanging out with the band before and after the show.

hahaha yea the litre of vodka was meant for the after show party but we accidently drank it all during the day :D

cheers to Zoe for the pitch for my tent.

After I said bye to veddersoup and sailorgirlie I went back to pack up my stuff and my tent had been nicked !!!!
    those fuckers!
    everything I had with me was in there, including the 6 new T shirts I bought at the festival.....grrrrrrr
    oh well some people are just scum and you have to just get over it, but I was pretty annoyed for a while.

It didnt spoil my weekend though, because PJ were simply incredible, I am still in a daze from that gig.

good luck with Barcalona Mike
    Living the dream in 2006 - Astoria, Reading & Prague
    And 2007 - Wembley

With alchohol in leaf and tree it must be natures plan, for there to be to some degree...alchohol in man
  • Options
    wow...

fell over and got trampled on during 'do the evolution' before being pulled to my feet by ten people...

fainted and crowd surfed outta there during evenflow...

sat on the grass with a girl whose boyfriend had just been kicked out during betterman...

boogied with some stranger to baba o reilly

screamed my head off for yellow leadbetter.

now, i know i was fairly drunk, but i genuinely cant remember them playing wasted reprise! did they really?....
    "That'll do pig. That'll do...."

"I'm Troy McClure and I'll leave you with what we all came here to see - hardcore nudity!"
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    PJ were pretty good, saw some coverage.

The thing I hated about that place was the middle class motherfuckers, who go just because it's the place to be seen, they dont have a fucking clue about the music, they only band they can 'relate' to is My Chemical Romance or some shit. Stupid middle class assholes think they can make the place so fucking fashionable. I wish I was there with a fucking shotguns to hand some fucking rounds out.

You are one sick puppy!!!

It would take more than a few middle class assholes to make it the place to be seen. We arrived 6pm Sunday and what a shit hole. Spent the first 10 minutes waiting to meet up with my daughter, standing in god knows what and 5 feet from a fish head.

Speaking of assholes and My Chemical Romance why did the moron leading that band think that to be popular he had to swear the whole set and refer to the crowd as motherf***ers continuously. I thought they were shit and he was a c**t. Hope he stayed to watch PJ and weep at true genius on stage.
  • Options
    nuffingman wrote:

Speaking of assholes and My Chemical Romance why did the moron leading that band think that to be popular he had to swear the whole set and refer to the crowd as motherf***ers continuously. I thought they were shit and he was a c**t. Hope he stayed to watch PJ and weep at true genius on stage.
    I had to continually duck down during their set because of all the bottles of pee being hurled at them.But I thought he was hilarious when he said " oh the Daily Mail call all our fans a CULT but no your not we're an ARMY ...F@#k the Daily Mail" He took himself very seriously and thought the fact that people were throwing bottles of piss at them was because the people were homophobic rather than the fact that they thought they were crap!... As we were leaving the site we came across an Emo lynch mob I wonder how it all ended :)
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    their music isn't too bad...but I really wanted to slap teh singer..what a prat!

worse thing is all those British papers praising them and then slating Ed for taking himself seriously :rolleyes: ..they really get their wires crossed..

And what was that about insulting the audience?...to be expected from Slayer, they're a big joke, but this little shit up there?

I'm glad I root for a band that has some respect for their audience...
  • Options
    just spoken to my ex, who was also at reading. he's never really 'got' pearl jam and was planning on leaving before the came on but on my imsistance decided to stay.

he was completely blown away by them live and can't wait to see them again. a new pearl jam fan is born! :D
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    just spoken to my ex, who was also at reading. he's never really 'got' pearl jam and was planning on leaving before the came on but on my imsistance decided to stay.

he was completely blown away by them live and can't wait to see them again. a new pearl jam fan is born! :D

Think there were quite a few. As we were walking back to the car park there were a group of guys (about 18 years old) discussing how they will need to go out and buy some Pearl Jam :D
  • Options
    i'm sure there will be!!

i couldn't believe how many pearl jam tees i saw there, i wonder where they've all been hiding? ;)
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,360
    mook wrote:
    Hi guys.

For those of you that are interested, I have spent ages editing and tweaking the photos I took at the Reading Festival and it's now on my site:

Hey, great site mate. Cool photos of reading, i was right at the front but my fone was soaked with water about 2 songs in so i couldn't get many fotos. Thanks for putting these up.
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    i spent most of the afternoon pointing and squealing at t-shirts, much to my friend's amusement.
  • Options
    mook wrote:
    Hi guys.

Great pictures. Glad someone got a pic of Ed with the binoculars :D

From the picture on your blog think we were stood behind you during Placebo but moved closer for PJ. If you look at the pics posted by VV on this thread http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=213410 we may look familiar :p
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I had to continually duck down during their set because of all the bottles of pee being hurled at them.But I thought he was hilarious when he said " oh the Daily Mail call all our fans a CULT but no your not we're an ARMY ...F@#k the Daily Mail" He took himself very seriously and thought the fact that people were throwing bottles of piss at them was because the people were homophobic rather than the fact that they thought they were crap!... As we were leaving the site we came across an Emo lynch mob I wonder how it all ended :)

If I had known they were bottles of pee I would have had a good laugh. Thought it was people good naturedly passing around the cider.

Why did people want to lynch a small ostrich?