Options

***Reading Festival Fanviews Here 27/8 ***

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam Set List: Interstellar Overdrive (by Pink Floyd), Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Animal, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Dissident, Even Flow, Sad, I Am Mine, Jeremy, Grievance, Wasted Reprise, Betterman, Save You, Blood, Rearviewmirror

1st Encore: Iron Man (by Black Sabbath tease on Ukulele), Soon Forget, Given To Fly, Once, Crown of Thorns (by Mother Love Bone), Comatose, Alive

2nd Encore: Why Go, Baba O'Riley (by The Who), Yellow Ledbetter (Nobody's Fault But Mine by Led Zeppelin tease in Mike's solo)

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Early Set List Source: Me!!!

Set List Source: tenclub.net

~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Nice set!! but I totally missed it, where can I watch it again!!??

is there any site where I can download it!!??

thanks!!
    Pearl Jam Mexico 2005, The greatest year ever!
    December 9, 10 - ESTA BIEN, ESTA BIEEEEEN!

www.myspace.com/clau_yellowled
  • Options
    that was absolutely bloody brilliant!

just when i thought it was all over.. and it still would have been good.. they come back on and treat us to more and more.

i guess it also helps that some lovely girl grabbed my bum and started hugging and kissing me.. i doubt i'll ever see her again but she was dead foxy!!

yellow ledbetter was fantastic but hearing why go and once was brilliant..

one thing to say though.. eddie mentioned about not coming to the UK that often.. that issue needs looking in to i think.. none of these tiny club shows that sell out in seconds.. we love you guys and we need to see you!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Just got back from Reading. It was fantastic. I was in the pit at the front for the whole show and am still soaked. Ed seemed overwhelmed by the crowds enthusiasm. Baba O'Reilly was superb. I need to get to sleep as I'm exhausted.

Edit: I'm surprised I didn't break my neck last night. I had so many people landing on me from above. I must have been kicked in the face half a dozen times aswell. Oh well. Great night. Bring on Paris and Bologna.
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,081
    glad to see you guys enjoyed it as much as we have in the US. from the webcast, looked like a very energetic crowd.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    Just got back home too. Was an amazing experience and definate highlight of the weekend. I was also in th epit area for most the whole set just in front and slightly to the left of Mike.

I really go the feeling that the band were a little taken back by the reception they got and Ed's comments about their guilty feelings for not visiting us here more often seemed honest and heartfelt.

Two encores and in all they over-ran by about 30 minutes. Can't wait to get hold of the tele/wedcast to relive the whole thing.
    Dublin '06, Reading '06, Wembley '07, London '09, London '10, Manchester 1 & 2 '12, Leeds '14, Milton Keynes '14, MSG NY ‘16
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    man awesome.. pj festivals thats where its at! I missed the webcast though damnit.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Wow!! just got back, been on the Red Bull to drive back and can't sleep now!!! :D:D:D

Crown of Thorns!! Soon Forget, Spin The Black Circle, Dissident, kick ass RVM, great sing-a-long to Alive, Baba.... :D:D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    Certainly felt like they were taken aback by the crowd. It was amazing! Definitley better than the last two times I saw them at Wembley Arena in 2000 and 1996...and both of those were basically perfect.

Matt Cameron drum solo in the middle of Evenflow...

Crown of Thorns...

Mental ending to Rearviewmirror...

Blood...sounding beautifully dark...

Once and Why Go...

Came on stage to the instrumental from the beginning and end of Ten (Master/Slave?)

Hope they come back to the UK more often...although I can't help but think tonight was all the more enjoyable because it felt like a rare treat.
  • Options
    jeaubongjeaubong Posts: 132
    2 encores...couldn't ask for more for a festival. baba and crown of thorns were the highlights...i knew they would play baba, tribute to the who's home country. ed with his ukulele...didn't expect he would pull that iron maiden (?) teaser.

was 2nd from the front, facing the middle steps to the stage...excellent view of the show, only when the crowd wasn't moshing around...i couldn't take any pictures, couldn't even move my neck. got bruises all over...my body will cry outloud from pain when i wake up tomorrow afternoon. god i'm too old for this.
    "\O/"
    ` | '
    _/ \_
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    totally exhausted and perfectly happy :)
    whole bunch of us (AMENt, Gitta, Wash_, burtschips..) were right up front middle...apparently we appeared on the screens quiet often so probably on the webcast (EDIT: yep, just saw Gitta, AMENt and meself on Alive :))
    It was crazy even before they started! I'm going to be so sour tomorrow!

such energy and they really looked appreciative of the reception.. if that doesn't make them come back within the year ... ;)
    highlights for me were Soon Forget (I just love that he ALWAYS fucks it up :), I'd be dissapointed if he didn't...but second time was all there), Blood, Crown of Thorns (I couldn't believe it! I was saying 2 days ago they'd never played it in Europe!!), Sad, Matt solo on Even Flow... But the whole intensity of the show!! my god!!

According to the others that were at Leeds too, this one was even better!

I'm soo loving my life right now...next stop, Barcelona..
  • Options
    TinkerTinker Posts: 5
    just home! i was in the front with my daughter! her first festival, it couldn't get any better. pearl jam rocked! everyone there new it. thanks pearl jam
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    Wow!! just got back, been on the Red Bull to drive back and can't sleep now!!! :D:D:D

Crown of Thorns!! Soon Forget, Spin The Black Circle, Dissident, kick ass RVM, great sing-a-long to Alive, Baba.... :D:D:D

spin the black circle?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    undone1undone1 Posts: 32
    Got home from the festival at 3am and was too tired/emotionally drained to post anything, What a performance! Even in my wildest dreams I couldn't have imagined how awesome they would be. I was really surprised by how many uptempo numbers they played, there was hardly time to catch you breath before another another relentless pounding from Matt would begin (he was impressive beyond words last night).
    Fantastic version of Baba O'Riley, "different" approach Iron Man by Sabbath. Corduroy kicked some serious ass. And Given to Fly? Words escape me everytime I hear it. Mike sounded brilliant and Ed seemed genuinely surprised and humbled by the reception that he got from the Reading crowd, so much so that he apologised for the band not coming over here often enough and not being worthy of that response for that reason.

What a show, what a day and met some great people there too. Roll on the full UK tour (if and when it happens)
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist
  • Options
    mookmook Posts: 78
    I'm still in bed in my hotel room.typing this on my mobile.

i have loads of brilliant photos and a few short little video clips that i took with my camera.

i cant sleep.have to get to London so i can post everyting on my website.
  • Options
    WHAT A PERFORMANCE!Superb set list, awesome crowd and great energy from the boys. They were definitely giving it 100% and the connection that Eddie had with us all was overwhelming... he actually had tears in his eyes.
    It was cool to hear Interstellar overdrive, worked very well as an intro and when corduroy started the crowd just went crazy. How appropriate for the first lines of the first song to be "The waiting drove me mad!" The first few songs (Evolution, Animal, WWS, Severed Hand) were so full of energy, with Dissident being a chance to calm down and get our breath back before Even Flow which gave Mike and Matt a chance to do what they do best (boyohboy did that go down well with all those metalheads in the audience!!). Both I am mine and Sad didn't seem too well known by most of the people there, and the sound quality didn't help either, just a bit flat in places. Jeremy was the perfect song to follow it though, with pretty much everyone singing after the chorus, like they were in Betterman.

Blood got everyones' hands in the air and chanting, RVM was the perfect first set closer, and with an impressive light show too. The second encore was great, everybody loved Iron Man, and Ed's stumbling on soon forget was a beautiful moment. When he said "We don't play England enough, to get a reception like this, it makes us feel guilty.." he had tears in his eyes: he genuinely was overwhelmed, just so moving. Given to fly was astounding as always. As usual though, Alive got the biggest cheers. Every single soul in that field was singing and chanting "Yeah!" at the top of their lungs. It even looked at one point that Ed would jump into the crowd, but he refrained.

The fact that we got a second encore was great too. Why Go (another singalong) was a personal favourite anyway so I was loving that. Baba O'Riley was an obvious choice, but amazing nonetheless. All the lighters were up for Ledbetter in typical fashion. I was about ten rows back, kindof between Mike and Jeff, below the scottish flag. When I looked behind me, there were hands raised as far as the eye could see. Ed getting the binoculars out was great to see.

Beautiful show, I couldn't have asked for anything more. Roll on Berne!
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,847
    RVM and Yellow Ledbetter?

You jammy bastards! :D
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    GenGen Cardiff Posts: 130
    Housing_Jim and I watched the first hour of the set on BBC 3 and had our own little festival in our front room! They showed most of the first encore on BBC 3 later on but not the second one :(

Instead they cut the Pearl Jam set short by broadcasting the f*cking Raconteurs (!?!) Most annoying!

The set looked ace though and there was a huge crowd. I was looking out for you Wash_ , burstchips and AMENt but couldn't find you. Hope you had a brilliant time!
    PJ Virgin.. till the Astoria :)

Am I the only Welsh person here?
    Ydych i'n siarad Cymraeg?
  • Options
    Morning all!! Im buzzing, Pearl Jam hit my home town and rocked its socks off last night. Its all a blur at the moment but im getting flash backs of certain parts.

Even flow was simply amazing!! Mccready soling behind his head, Matt's drum solo!!

Given to Fly was fuckin immense, and save you was shit hot!!

My personal highlight was crown of thorns, what an amazing performance, sounded crisp and so good, I was seriously rocking out last night!!

Roll on the download so I can treasure this little puppy forever!!

Thanks for the cd from Jamos, Six Degrees of Seperation fucking rock! (I was the guy who just had tattoo done Jamos!)

Thank you Pearl Jam! What a night!!
    'Life comes from within your heart and desire'

~~Wembley 2000, Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007~~
  • Options
    spin the black circle?

Did I dream that one.....? :o:D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    Did I dream that one.....? :o:D:D
    Yeah I think i must have dreamt that one too???~~~????
    'Life comes from within your heart and desire'

~~Wembley 2000, Reading 2006, Paris 2006, Wembley 2007~~
  • Options
    Puck78Puck78 Posts: 737
    UKDave wrote:

dissident?
    www.amnesty.org
    www.amnesty.org.uk
  • Options
    LikeaStone wrote:
    Yeah I think i must have dreamt that one too???~~~????

Frig?! did they play it, can't remember now!!! :D:D

I had a sneaky feeling we might get Satan's Bed after Leeds got Whipping & Not For You :o:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    Puck78 wrote:
    dissident?

Now yer fucking with me, they definatley played Dissident :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    dbkdbk Posts: 304
    how did the boys enjoy the show dave??
    like a book amongst the many on a shelf.......

Finsbury Park 93, Wembley 00, Astoria 06,
    Dublin 06, Reading 06, Wembley 07....
  • Options
    The set list is listed on the ten club 'set list' page. There's no need for any confusion. Read it and weep dudes!
  • Options
    dbkdbk Posts: 304
    byrnzie you old bastard
    how goes it??
    like a book amongst the many on a shelf.......

Finsbury Park 93, Wembley 00, Astoria 06,
    Dublin 06, Reading 06, Wembley 07....
  • Options
    dbk wrote:

Yeah well happy, I was having to balance it out, eldest wanted some more action but youngest was complaining about his back :rolleyes: and we weren't right in the thick of it, it was just the day as a whole :o

But yeah they loved it, eldest wanted RVM, Betterman, Baba, Evenflow, Once so he was well happy, only one he didn't get was Daughter but told him that was unlikely cos of Leeds... :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    dbk wrote:

Yo Don! Great night. I've just woken up. My clothes are still wet. I'm glad I can have a 2 week break before Paris.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Yo Don! Great night. I've just woken up. My clothes are still wet. I'm glad I can have a 2 week break before Paris.

My voice is shredded, two gigs and two football matches in 6 days (after this afternoon)... feck!! :D:o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    Anyone hear Zane Lowe talking on BBC about how his son was born at the exact time Pearl Jam were playing Do The Evolution at the Astoria?
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06