Options

***Reading Festival Fanviews Here 27/8 ***

Comments

• Options
    dbkdbk Posts: 304
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Yo Don! Great night. I've just woken up. My clothes are still wet. I'm glad I can have a 2 week break before Paris.

still wet?
    wet dream mate? about eddie no doubt!
    great night great setlist
    highlights for me were blood, crown of thorns, save you, baba and soon forget
    eddie didnt want to come off
    like a book amongst the many on a shelf.......

Finsbury Park 93, Wembley 00, Astoria 06,
    Dublin 06, Reading 06, Wembley 07....
  • Options
    London_JamLondon_Jam Posts: 173
    It was amazing - truly special. When Crown of Thorns was dropped I simply couldnt believe it. They just kept on playing track after track... was not expecting the second encore. Unreal.

That was my first time. Im in awe.

Thanks to zoediva for making it a special night.
  • Options
    KeithosKeithos Posts: 853
    Morning all!

I can't get over how amazing the night was. Every performance since the Astoria keeps getting better. I didn't think this was possible! My housemate digitally recorded BBC 3... so I'll try and get that up somewhere as soon as he's got home!
  • Options
    prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
    what a night i can't believe they played soon forget the one song i wished for on the drive down. No band can touch them live ed didnt want to leave the stage, a night i will treasure for the rest of my life. How good was RVM
  • Options
    Is there going to be a england tour?
  • Options
    prodacakeprodacake Posts: 319
    I hope so it would make my year, like people have already said the band were shocked by the reaction of the crowd, heres hoping for a few arena shows late 06 or early 07
  • Options
    shaynessshayness Posts: 19
    wow , that was amazing !!! . i managed to get on the barrier in front of eddiie the whole set,i still can't believe the setlist ,awesome , they just powered through them whoo hoo!!!!

just checked sky + and it failed to record (gutted) especially as i was seen on tv , anybody who recorded please can i have a copy , please , please please . shayne.
  • Options
    Messi30Messi30 Posts: 6
    really good weekend topped off with an awesome Pearl Jam performance. Personal highlights were Animal, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Dissident, and why go. I also enjoyed the stage invader getting rugby tackled as soon as he got up there :D The band seemed to be loving it almost as much as the crowd was. I can find no fault with their set at all and it made my weekend as I waited 6 years for it and it was better than I knew it would be ..

also did anyone see the 'text wanker to 07383879280826' (not actual number ;) )? sign on the bottom left of stage? did you text it? whos number was it ? oh and if anyone found a blue motorola phone its mine - I lost it about the time I was texting wanker to some stranger :D
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    UKDave wrote:
    Wow!! just got back, been on the Red Bull to drive back and can't sleep now!!! :D:D:D

Crown of Thorns!! Soon Forget, Spin The Black Circle, Dissident, kick ass RVM, great sing-a-long to Alive, Baba.... :D:D:D

Did they play Spin the Black Circle?!! :eek: Man I love that song!
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Messi30Messi30 Posts: 6
    I thought they played spin the black circle to - but my memorey is like a goldfish :D
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:
    Anyone hear Zane Lowe talking on BBC about how his son was born at the exact time Pearl Jam were playing Do The Evolution at the Astoria?

Yeah I thought that was kinda sweet he mentioned it. I never knew he was such a big fan, although he's still annoying :D

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    iwalkeiwalke Posts: 33
    That was amazing. I just naturally got moved forward throughout the show and ended up right at the front.. the setlist was brilliant, dissident, even flow, sad, rearviewmirror, alive, why go :) couldn't get much better.

Just hope they come back sooner next time :D
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    Morning , just got up , we broke down on the way home didnt get in till 5am ! LOL

FANTASTIC night , i made it till Evevnflow down the front but was getting pushed over to much so thanks to the guys who gave me a leg up n over/out ! (gave me a chance to flash me fishnets at Ed ! LOL who did look over Hhahahahahahaha)

damn shame to be round the back not enough ppl into it but we squeezed back through as much as poss.

so many songs I wanted were played ! save you, Barbara, crown of thorns, Comatos, Luke the Yuke and BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD was my high light , Ed really gave it his alllllllllllll

I'm still flying :D:D:D:D

(dave i think ur getting Blood n Spin mixed up ;) )
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Keithos wrote:
    Morning all!

I can't get over how amazing the night was. Every performance since the Astoria keeps getting better. I didn't think this was possible! My housemate digitally recorded BBC 3... so I'll try and get that up somewhere as soon as he's got home!

Good stuff. Let me know the link when you get it. I'm just gonna be chilling today. Last night exhausted me.
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Just got back from Reading a while ago, fucking unbelievable! The set list was perfect, and waiting on the front barrier for 5 hours finally paid off when they came on. Can't believe we got to hear Crown of thorns, when those first chords rang out my jaw nearly hit the floor! For me, I think this show was even better than the Astoria, the atmosphere was amazing, I was shocked how many people were singing along even to the lesser known songs. The band seemed genuinely moved by the audience reaction - with any luck they may be back a little sooner next time!!!
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    V V wrote:
    we broke down on the way home didnt get in till 5am ! LOL

:eek: Shiit! That can't have been fun. I soooo needed to get home a.s.a.p after the show - Massive thanks to dbk and Carl for dropping me off - as I was knackered and soaked.
  • Options
    monkaymonkay Posts: 40
    Amazing!! What can I say?? I witnessed the most amazing band play the most amazing show!!! I'm still buzzing but at the same time I am feeling a little low as it's all over!! I guess its what drug users call a come down!! :)

After wasted reprise I gave out a big shout of 'booooommm!!!!' Loads of people turned round and looked at me as if to say 'twat, what the fuck you booin em for??' LOL!! Thought i was gonna get a kickin!! LOL!!

Fantastic night!! The best band in the world showed all these shite uk bands how to fuckin rock!! Made them all look like the fuckin amateurs they are!!! Arctic Monkeys my fuckin arse!! PJ pissed all over yah!! You chav twats!! LOL!!
    http://www.myspace.com/funkymonkay

Please check out my bands website and give some of our song's a listen!!

http://www.myspace.com/dekolta

London Wembeley Arena 2000
    Reading Festival 2006
    London Wembeley Arena 2007
  • Options
    blue_rainblue_rain London Posts: 163
    I hurt all over, but what a show. It rocked so hard! Can't wait for the Euro shows.
    "Is my band ready to kick it?" Stone Gossard

28/Oct/96, 29/May/00, 04/Jun/00, 28/Jun/00, 30/Jun/00, 02/Jul/03, 03/Jul/03, 05/Jul/03, 08/Jul/03, 09/Jul/03, 20/Apr/06, 27/Aug/06, 09/Sep/06, 13/Sep/06, 12/Jun/07, 13/Jun/07, 18/Jun/07, 26/Jun/07, 28/Jun/07, 02/Apr/08 (Ed), 03/Apr/08 (Ed), 11/Aug09, 13/Aug/09, 17/Aug/09, 18/Aug/09, 25/Jun/10
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Is there going to be a england tour?

nope... :):)

just a Scotland one... :cool:
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    V V wrote:
    Morning , just got up , we broke down on the way home didnt get in till 5am ! LOL

FANTASTIC night , i made it till Evevnflow down the front but was getting pushed over to much so thanks to the guys who gave me a leg up n over/out ! (gave me a chance to flash me fishnets at Ed ! LOL who did look over Hhahahahahahaha)

damn shame to be round the back not enough ppl into it but we squeezed back through as much as poss.

so many songs I wanted were played ! save you, Barbara, crown of thorns, Comatos, Luke the Yuke and BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD was my high light , Ed really gave it his alllllllllllll

I'm still flying :D:D:D:D

(dave i think ur getting Blood n Spin mixed up ;) )

5am?!! :eek: Shit! Still I'm thinking it was worth it to see them :D

Yeah I thought Dave might be confused as I didn't see Spin the Black Circle on the setlist :D

Still Blood is cool and I'll be buying the boot for sure :cool:

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    just got back from reading,what an amazing show!!!,seen them a few times before and those shows were excellent,but none of them even came close to this!!!! at the end of alive,ed was reduced to tears from the overwelming reception they got.the reading crowd is the best in the world,period!!!!I didnt stop bouncing for 2 hours!!!RVM was massive,as was comatose,blood,alive,baba,and an airing of sad,wicked!!!Betterman,dissident had us all singing at the top of our voices!.off to the barcalona gig in a couple of days and if its only half as good as this one,then i'll be one happy man!!!
  • Options
    miskinmiskin Posts: 278
    my first ever show.
    it was rather orgasmic....

what an opener corduroy was!!!!!!!
    eddie doing iron man was rather wicked too haha!!!
    myspace.com/airstriponeuk
  • Options
    Just got back home and what a show!!!
    It was even better than Dublin , the sound was awesome and the setlist was amazing.
    Roll on barca!!!
    Met some cool pj fans too , one from spain and ten from south Africa.
    What a night...
    Walks on his own...with thoughts he can't help thinking...

Wembley `96 x2
    Manchester 2000
    Cardiff 2000
    Dublin 2006
    reading 2006
    Barcelona 2006
  • Options
    is anyone any the wiser as to where the bbc footage can be downloaded??,being one of those lucky bastards that witnessed it from the pit(how hard did that rock!!)im just gagging to sit down with a nice cold beer and relive it(without anyones boots in my head lol !!!!)if anyone finds a link can they please post it!!! What an amazing night!!!
  • Options
    3manstack3manstack Posts: 202
    Excellent time!

I was yelling Booooooooooom before betterman, getting dirty looks off the unfaithful and this girl and her boyfriend say "if you dont like it then leave" then had to explain to them the whole Boooom thing.

Eejits!

Crown Of Thorns! Wow!!!!!!
  • Options
    nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Can't believe it. 50 next year and my first show. Great energy. Probably a typical festival set list without too many slow numbers. Took my wife who wouldn't know a PJ song if it fell out of a tree on to her head but she enjoyed it and said she'd like to go again. We were about 40 yards back from left hand speakers and sound was pretty crap some of the time but very good at others.

Ed definitely emotional with the crowd response, perhaps now they will get their arses back and play some proper shows soon, very soon!!!

Loved Ed's comment "we are Americans but we come in peace"

Highlights: Why Go, Dissident, Crown of thorns, Baba, Ed fuckin' up Soon Forget as always. Evenflow seems to been revamped as recent boots have shown. Perhaps they took to heart the stop playing this song thread in the message pit.

Best band in the world!!!!
  • Options
    wcswcs Posts: 17
    Just got back.

Amazing. Great performance, but even more amazing because of fantastic crowd reception.

Highlights for me were Grievance, Blood, Comatose... Baba O'Riley as the best (absolutely fantastic), and, of course, the ukelele moments.

Even though I'm perfectly happy with the set, I'm starting to miss the new album, after Reading and Leeds (only 3 or 4 songs of the new album in each gig). I would love to see Marker and Inside Job.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    What a show!

I shouted out during the encore break to bring out the ukele.....in a sort of joke way!!

Couldn't believe it when vedder came out with it!

totally awesome show

didn't get the couple songs i wanted but im not bothered by the slightest.

Bring on the last show in Bern :)
  • Options
    What a mad 5 days! Took my wife to her first show in Dublin, saw some fellow Astorians, had a great time, first time seeing the Jam abroad.

Fast forward to Sunday, what an amazing night. Took an Aussie friend to his first Pearl Jam gig and met up with his friends who had driven from France just for the gig.

Never seen Eddie so emotional, seemed concerned for the first few songs and a bit nervous (for obvious and understandable reasons) but then he relaxed and gave another amazing performance.

My highlights, Blood, Dissident, Comatose, Crown of Thorns and a superb Ledbetter to finish.

The band all seemed to have an amazing time, I was a few rows back and the singing was quiet at times, but they seemed to feed of the general energy of the crowd and could feel the genuine love for them in the air.

Thanks Pearl Jam for one of the best weeks of my life and I hope to see you back in Blighty very soon!
    28.10.96 Wembley, 29.5.00 Wembley, 30.5.00 Wembley, 20.4.06 The Astoria Theatre!!!, 23.8.06 Dublin, 27.8.06 Reading
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Iam loving my week..

I have been in Egypt for two weeks. Got back on Friday... Went to the 9-ball pool world cup on sat and saw pj on sun.