Options

***Reading Festival Fanviews Here 27/8 ***

Comments

• Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    nuffingman wrote:

Highlights: Why Go, Dissident, Crown of thorns, Baba, Ed fuckin' up Soon Forget as always. Evenflow seems to been revamped as recent boots have shown. Perhaps they took to heart the stop playing this song thread in the message pit.

Best band in the world!!!!

Seeing as how Evenflow was played at both Dublin and Leeds I'd say they just decided to rest Evenflow for a night rather than "retire" it. :) I actually think Evenflow is amazing live
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    they played it :)
    20.04.06, 23.08.06, 27.08.06, 14.09.06, 16.09.06, 17.09.06, 19.09.06, 20.09.06, 18.06.07
  • Options
    Is there going to be a england tour?

My mate was backstage (lucky cow!!)
    Ed was saying they will be playing a couple of dates at Wembley in the new year.
    Pete Townsend was also backstage with them, wish he had joined in on Baba!
    London Nov 96, London May 00, Cardiff June 00, Las Vegas June 03, London April 06, Dublin Aug 06, Reading Aug 06, London June 07, New York x2 June 08, Manchester Aug 09, London August 09, London June 10, Manchester June 12, IOW June 12, EV London July 12, Milton Keynes June 14, EV London x2 June 17, London June 18, London July 18, EV London July 19
  • Options
    Wow, that was amazing. Lucky enough for it to be my 7th show, but one of the best. Was about 10 back in front of Mike.
    Just watched it again from BBC3 that i recorded - amazing!
    Highlights for me Dissident (never seen them do that live before) and Crown of Thorns. I cried my eyes out during that as it is my favourite, felt really stupid, but it was all so emotional!
    Sounds stupid but i did not know there were so may PJ fans out there!! So many t-shirts about, and good to see some really old ones too!
    Thanks to everyone around me, really good vibe. (Esp thanks to the guy who let me lean on him to tie up my shoelace!!)
    ........................................................................................................
    London - Nov 1996
    London - May 2000
    Cardiff - June 2000
    Las Vegas - June 2003
    London - April 2006
    Dublin - Aug 2006
    Reading - Aug 2006
    London Nov 96, London May 00, Cardiff June 00, Las Vegas June 03, London April 06, Dublin Aug 06, Reading Aug 06, London June 07, New York x2 June 08, Manchester Aug 09, London August 09, London June 10, Manchester June 12, IOW June 12, EV London July 12, Milton Keynes June 14, EV London x2 June 17, London June 18, London July 18, EV London July 19
  • Options
    spiral outspiral out Posts: 1,052
    Pearl jam was amazing, i especially liked mikes solo and then jacks drum solo, those guys are fantastic musicians.

Ed was as humble as ever too, there really is no other front man as great as him.
    Keep on rockin in the free world!!!!

The economy has polarized to the point where the wealthiest 10% now own 85% of the nation’s wealth. Never before have the bottom 90% been so highly indebted, so dependent on the wealthy.
  • Options
    PJ were pretty good, saw some coverage.

The thing I hated about that place was the middle class motherfuckers, who go just because it's the place to be seen, they dont have a fucking clue about the music, they only band they can 'relate' to is My Chemical Romance or some shit. Stupid middle class assholes think they can make the place so fucking fashionable. I wish I was there with a fucking shotguns to hand some fucking rounds out.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • Options
    WillWill Posts: 41
    spiral out wrote:
    jacks drum solo
    Eh?
    ... still Alive...
  • Options
    I'm totally exhausted and bruised since everybody was jumping on my toes but hey... it was awesome :D:D:D:D!!!!!!! I just can't believe I saw them in the Astoria and here in Reading too. OMG amazing set!! Crown of Thorns :D:D:D:D:D!!!!!!! I have no voice at all. I was singing my lungs out. A couple of time Shmike took me on his shoulders... what a view. Amazing:D:D:D:D
    Euro 2007: Madrid 09/06 Wembley 18/06, Düsseldorf 21/06, Copenhagen 26/06, Nijmegen 28/06, Werchter 29/06

Astoria 20/04/06
    Reading - 27/08/06
    Vienna - 25/09/06 - the BEST day of my life
  • Options
    burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    hhheeeeeeellllloooooo again!! :D

I just got back from my little British Isles tour.... battered and bruised.... I think my kidneys have been liquidised and my chances of fathering children significantly reduced ;) was intense.....!!

Gotta say lass night was awesome.... the crowd was huge! must have been 50-60,000 MASSIVE. Thanks to animal for posting the origin of the tease during ledbetter... i didn't know it. The crowd really surprised me they were sooo receptive and responsive literally SCREAMING their lungs out... very pleased and as others have mentioned it really hit the boys and drove them on.

I'd say the main difference between Leeds and Reading was the emotion, Reading edged it! I think leeds was harder hitting because of the set but Reading was a bit more complete and errr struggling for the right word! MAGICAL :D

AMENt, Stian, is officially a jammy bastered.... he got an EV pick on top of the Dublin tamborine but then I guess these things even themselves out as he did get pissed on at Leeds ;)

Great to meet everyone again.... watched the show at the front with Pegasus, AMENt, Wash_, Pinon and Gitta and met up with quite a few of the Dublin crowd beforehand as well

Personal highlights were Soon Forget, I am Mine, Comatose er CoThorns, Alive again, Save You......
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    absolutely increadible... saw them six years ago in cardiff and had anticipated this gig for so long... unbelievable.... amazing. one of the best gigs i've ever experienced...

screamed my lungs out...
    "i hope it's a sweet ride here for me tonight cause i feel i'm going feel i'm slowing down"
  • Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Im still in shock. Never NEVER thought I would hear Crown of Thorns. That just opened the water works, from then on I was a sobbing idiot singing to the rest of the show.

Still cant really comprehend it. Was at the front, but I thought the crowd would get worse so I got pulled out. Should have stuck it out, but im not sure if I would have enjoyed it as much.

Thank god for the bootlegs though!
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    GenGen Cardiff Posts: 130
    burtschips wrote:

AMENt, Stian, is officially a jammy bastered.... he got an EV pick on top of the Dublin tamborine but then I guess these things even themselves out as he did get pissed on at Leeds ;)

The jammy thing indeed. Although there's a weird little karma thing going on with that... ;)
    PJ Virgin.. till the Astoria :)

Am I the only Welsh person here?
    Ydych i'n siarad Cymraeg?
  • Options
    burtschipsburtschips Posts: 734
    Gen wrote:
    The jammy thing indeed. Although there's a weird little karma thing going on with that... ;)

Ha ha, yeah! I'm sure he was kissed by the fairies when he was a kid though!! :D I think I'd probably trade spending a night as human urinal for a pick and tamborine too... maybe.
    Salut baloo
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:
    Im still in shock. Never NEVER thought I would hear Crown of Thorns. That just opened the water works, from then on I was a sobbing idiot singing to the rest of the show.

Still cant really comprehend it. Was at the front, but I thought the crowd would get worse so I got pulled out. Should have stuck it out, but im not sure if I would have enjoyed it as much.

Thank god for the bootlegs though!

Glad you're ok Emma! Just watching it on tv, the crowd looked fairly rough.

• Options
    burtschips wrote:
    Ha ha, yeah! I'm sure he was kissed by the fairies when he was a kid though!! :D I think I'd probably trade spending a night as human urinal for a pick and tamborine too... maybe.

That sounds..... surreal! :o

• Options
    wash_wash_ Posts: 1,073
    Gen wrote:

Yeah, doesnt help being short. If I was holding on to the barriers im sure I would have been fine. But from looking at the footage the second barrier looks worse than the pit.
    2006 ░▒▓ Astoria, Dublin, Leeds, Reading, Lisbon, Paris, Verona, Athens
    2007 ░▒▓ London, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    2009 ░▒▓ Manchester, London
    2010 ░▒▓ Hyde Park

*§* Music is all the juice i'll need *§*
  • Options
    wash_ wrote:

I know! Crown of Thorns was my favourite last night. Never dreamt I'd ever hear that live! Took me back. Have been listening to Mother Love Boen today for the first time in years.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    Gen wrote:

The crowd smelt fairly rough too. One bloke who I ended up behind in the pit for a minute stank of rotten eggs. I almost puked down his back. :eek:
  • Options
    I still can't get over the fact that I thought I was going to a reading festival. I mean, how the fuck was I suposed to read a book with all that noise going on?? :confused:
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,360
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I still can't get over the fact that I thought I was going to a reading festival. I mean, how the fuck was I suposed to read a book with all that noise going on?? :confused:

Genius!

The noise was fine but i kept dropping my book in the moshpit cos the buggers wouldn't stand still!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    V V wrote:

(dave i think ur getting Blood n Spin mixed up ;) )

It was definately Blood... :o somewhere in my state of euphoria and exhaustion it morphed into Spin... :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    ChumfattyChumfatty Posts: 140
    Having seen the webcast I'm gutted I didn't fork out some extra cash to go to Reading, I just didn't think it'll be as good as a regular Pearl Jam show, how wrong was I. Ahh well you live and learn. Dublin is still my best Gig ever! glad I didn't have to wade through a load of other shite on the reading bill in order to get to Pearl Jam.

Glad you all had a good 'un.
    My body is a temple come kneel at my prayer mat.

Astoria 2006

*Astoria Crew*

Dublin 23/08/06 - best gig ever!
  • Options
    duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    burtschips wrote:
    I guess these things even themselves out as he did get pissed on at Leeds ;)
    hahaha
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • Options
    V VV V Posts: 5,191
    UKDave wrote:
    It was definately Blood... :o somewhere in my state of euphoria and exhaustion it morphed into Spin... :D:D

maybe cos we talked n I was really hoping for Spin ! but Blood did the job nicely :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~ PINK FLUFFY LOVE PSYCHO~~~~~~~~~~
    Astoria,Dublin,Reading 06,Wembley 07,Sheapards Bush & o2 09 thats multiple Jamgasms!
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,360
    OH MY GOD!!! with the exception of the Astoria that was the best Pearl Jam show I've seen. great setlist, awesome performance, i was in the pit for the whole set and only the rotten eggs-smelling guy put a brief downer on things. it was nice to see eddie's reaction to the crowd, knowing that it meant as much to him as it did to us is a great feeling.
    Crown of thorns was awesome. I haven't been that shocked at a song's inclusion since Chris Cornell played an acoustic Call Me A Dog at an Audioslave gig last year.
    got home at 4.30 this morning and haven't been able to get any sleep cos i'm still freaking out about the show.
    I can't wait until Friday and Barcelona. COME ON!!!!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    Byrnzie wrote:

LOL Steve!! :cool:
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    goldrush wrote:
    Genius!

The noise was fine but i kept dropping my book in the moshpit cos the buggers wouldn't stand still!

I wouldn't have minded but I was trying to read a wank mag! :mad:
  • Options
    FIRST TIME IVE SEEN PEARL JAM THEYVE BLOWN MY MIND THEYVE TRASHED ANY OTHER BANDS IVE SEEN AND THERES ALOT!!!!!

pearl jam are THE BEST!!
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    V V wrote:
    maybe cos we talked n I was really hoping for Spin ! but Blood did the job nicely :D

Yeah and I had Vitalogy on the mind cos I thought we'd get Satan's Bed after Leeds got Whipping and Not For You but was Blood for sure :D:D and one of the best of the night!!! :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    Chumfatty wrote:
    Having seen the webcast I'm gutted I didn't fork out some extra cash to go to Reading, I just didn't think it'll be as good as a regular Pearl Jam show, how wrong was I. Ahh well you live and learn. Dublin is still my best Gig ever! glad I didn't have to wade through a load of other shite on the reading bill in order to get to Pearl Jam.

Glad you all had a good 'un.
    Slayer,shite,steady on!!