***Reading Festival Fanviews Here 27/8 ***

Comments

• Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    edisgod10 wrote:
    Slayer,shite,steady on!!

No I think we have a consensus on that front... :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    UKDave wrote:
    Yeah and I had Vitalogy on the mind cos I thought we'd get Satan's Bed after Leeds got Whipping and Not For You but was Blood for sure :D:D and one of the best of the night!!! :D:D

I wanted to hear Long Road, and Leash again after Dublin. But Given to fly, Crown of thorns, and Baba O'Reilly were great.
  • Options
    goldrush wrote:
    OH MY GOD!!! with the exception of the Astoria that was the best Pearl Jam show I've seen. great setlist, awesome performance, i was in the pit for the whole set and only the rotten eggs-smelling guy put a brief downer on things. it was nice to see eddie's reaction to the crowd, knowing that it meant as much to him as it did to us is a great feeling.
    Crown of thorns was awesome. I haven't been that shocked at a song's inclusion since Chris Cornell played an acoustic Call Me A Dog at an Audioslave gig last year.
    got home at 4.30 this morning and haven't been able to get any sleep cos i'm still freaking out about the show.
    I can't wait until Friday and Barcelona. COME ON!!!!
    Barcalona indeed,bring it on!!!,although they have an awfull lot to live up to after last night!!!
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    No I think we have a consensus on that front... :D:D

Yeah, I thought they were bollocks. It took a while to try and get that rubbish out of my system. I just don't think Slayer are worthy to tread the same stage on the same day as Pearl Jam. But that's just my humble opinion. :cool:
  • Options
    stonesgstringstonesgstring Posts: 4,613
    FIRST TIME IVE SEEN PEARL JAM THEYVE BLOWN MY MIND THEYVE TRASHED ANY OTHER BANDS IVE SEEN AND THERES ALOT!!!!!

pearl jam are THE BEST!!

:cool: Nice. Welcome to the board by the way :)
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    edisgod10 wrote:
    Slayer,shite,steady on!!

Slayer is just a load of noise! :eek: I fell asleep during the highlights last night when Slayer came on!

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,321
    personally, i think reading just edged leeds. they were both great sets but the reading atmosphere was unbelievable. i'm now 3/5 of the way through my own personal world tour: astoria, leeds, reading, barcelona on friday and i've just got tickets to perth in november. this is going to end up as the greatest year of my life FACT!
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I wanted to hear Long Road, and Leash again after Dublin. But Given to fly, Crown of thorns, and Baba O'Reilly were great.

Wasn't that the fucking best crowd reaction to Alive though, fucking mental :D:D
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Yeah, I thought they were bollocks. It took a while to try and get that rubbish out of my system. I just don't think Slayer are worthy to tread the same stage on the same day as Pearl Jam. But that's just my humble opinion. :cool:

i was a bit worried before the weekend about the amount of truly awful metal that was on before PJ. i had images of a pissed up metal crowd trying to ruin the set. I'd like to apologise to all Jammers everywhere because I was foolish enough to underestimate the power of PJ fans. WHAT WAS I THINKING?! the whole crowd last night was there for one reason and one reason only. there were some decent bands on the smaller stages although i was just using them to pass the time until 9.50.....

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    Wasn't that the fucking best crowd reaction to Alive though, fucking mental :D:D

It was great, although I wouldn't say it topped 'Alive' at the Astoria - that was truly special.
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    It was great, although I wouldn't say it topped 'Alive' at the Astoria - that was truly special.

Nothing can beat the Astoria in terms of the crowd's reaction to songs. Truely a momentous occasion. Blimey! :eek: I'm using big words now ;)

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    kl2kl2 Posts: 22
    Great fuckin day,even losing my best mate when i went for a leak couldnt dampen things,anyone else see those crazy 4 aussie girls singing along to every word ,we were near the back under the right tripod and most people there were obviously not there for pj,id like to apologize to the fella i fell on who was asleep during rvm,sorry mate but that wasnt the best time or place to have a sleep,id also like to thank pizza hut on the oxford rd for the kind use of their doorstep till 6am,great night,pj fans always are the best fans though,theres a sense of brotherhood you dont get with other bands
  • Options
    fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Anyone else think that Eddie's vocals were a bit strained last night?
    I watched an hour of it after pressing the red button on Sky. I would have loved to have seen Yellow ledbetter, I could hear it when Jo and Zane were presenting.
  • Options
    Anyone know what the "security issue" was that Eddie alluded to just before Even Flow?
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"

"Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"

23/8/2006: Dublin. Words fail me.
    18/6/2007: London. Words fail me twice. Even better than Dublin. Roll on next time.....
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Keithos wrote:
    Morning all!

I can't get over how amazing the night was. Every performance since the Astoria keeps getting better. I didn't think this was possible! My housemate digitally recorded BBC 3... so I'll try and get that up somewhere as soon as he's got home!

Oh will be waiting for that! Thanks for the lift home :D Sorry it turned into a slightly longer detour than was intended :o

wash_ yeah I lasted a little while at the front but it was pretty rough for us shorties. Luckily managed to push my way back to about 8-10 rows from the front which was a little calmer rather than go over the rail.

V V can't believe you broke down :( How did hubby find the experience?

What an AMAZING night :D:D:D
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    Anyone know what the "security issue" was that Eddie alluded to just before Even Flow?

yeah, there was a bit of a scare down at the front when a couplle of guys went down in the pit and Eddie just wanted to make sure we managed to pick them up.
    By the way, I thought the security down at the front were great. constant water supply, always looking out for us and a couple of them even shook our hands at the end because they could see us helping to pick people up.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    goldrush wrote:
    yeah, there was a bit of a scare down at the front when a couplle of guys went down in the pit and Eddie just wanted to make sure we managed to pick them up.
    By the way, I thought the security down at the front were great. constant water supply, always looking out for us and a couple of them even shook our hands at the end because they could see us helping to pick people up.

I was down the front from My chemical Romance onwards, and the security literally doubled for Pearl Jam, I'm glad they had the foresight to know they would need those extra people. Call me cynical but I had no idea what a festival crowd would make of Pearl Jam, the usual headlining bands are the more commercial ones like Foo Fighters, Green Day, Chili Peppers - Pearl Jam always seemed like more of a cult type band, albeit the biggest cult band on the planet!!! I was pleasantly surprised by the response the band received, it was incredible, and a very energetic show, the security were really doing overtime.
  • Options
    i've been at gigs and festivals before where the security seem intent on punishing crowd surfers by just grabbing them and practically throwing them out but last night they seemed really on the ball and really concerned about our safety.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    goldrush wrote:

Thanks, had a bit of a panic when he said that but glad those guys were ok. Yeah, kudos to the security in Dublin as well, providing the crowd with water etc etc. The crowd did look pretty wild, I wasn't sure what people would make of them either. I reckon they'll have won some new fans after that set last night, especially from younger people. They really showed everyone else how to rock!
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"

"I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine"

"Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense"

23/8/2006: Dublin. Words fail me.
    18/6/2007: London. Words fail me twice. Even better than Dublin. Roll on next time.....
  • Options
    facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Anyone else see the naked fat man crowd surf during Animal?! I was part horrified part in hysterics!!!!!! He didn't seem to have a care in the world he was happily dancing away when he was whisked past us. I feel sorry for the bouncers who had to pull him out of the crowd!!
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    I wouldn't have minded but I was trying to read a wank mag! :mad:
    HAHAHAHAHAHA I can't believe we've been to two of the same shows and haven't crossed paths... you're a fucking funny man.
  • Options
    yeah, i think they've even won over the NME indie snobs now. They've not been too kind to PJ over the years but the reviews on NME.com of the 2 shows were both positive.
    They were the kind of shows that it would be hard for non-fans to be critical of, ok so Ed made a mess of Soon Forget but he always does, doesn't he? ;-) Apart from that, i thought the set was fantastic.

(Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    3manstack wrote:
    Excellent time!

I was yelling Booooooooooom before betterman, getting dirty looks off the unfaithful and this girl and her boyfriend say "if you dont like it then leave" then had to explain to them the whole Boooom thing.

Eejits!

Crown Of Thorns! Wow!!!!!!

Yep I got a similar reaction when I said the same but I didn't care... I am still smilin even through all the crushed etc but i can't wait till next week oh i cant... so we got to the main stage at less than jake and made our way to the front centre by placebo i was right on the barrier in front of Ed for most of the night up until Rearviewmirror then i couldnt take the pain any longer and had to leave the pit which i so wish i didn't because there wasn't the same buzz on the outskirts but anyway i had such an amazing time. By the end of the night my voice had disintergrated but oh what a night. They couldn't have put on a better show now tomorrow my work mates are gonna have to sit through all the stories :)
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • Options
    goldrush wrote:
    i've been at gigs and festivals before where the security seem intent on punishing crowd surfers by just grabbing them and practically throwing them out but last night they seemed really on the ball and really concerned about our safety.

Maybe Pearl Jam had a word with the security after all they want us to be safe. I suspect they all knew what had happened 6 years ago anyway so wanted to make sure things were ok.
    After all it reflects badly on the security people if things go wrong.

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    HAHAHAHAHAHA I can't believe we've been to two of the same shows and haven't crossed paths... you're a fucking funny man.

Were you at the Astoria or Dublin? :confused:
  • Options
    You got State of Love & Trust!I was just thinking today if they ever play it live.Just checked set list, you lucky fuckers you!

Was praying at the Dublin gig that they would play it but to no avail - they rocked anyhoo!

I am seriously considering following the guys to another country for a gig - just have to break it to the wife and kids first...

John
    everything has chains...absolutely nothing's changed..take my hand...
  • Options
    My fucking god, my life is complete. i drove eight hours to get to reading and stayed in two hotels just to see pearl jam. And i tell you this it was worth everything. i spent round a bout 250 getting there and honestly itd the best £250 ive ever spent. The band were better than i coukld ever imagine. First time seeing them which i never thoiught would happen. I am just back now and it feels like a dream
  • Options
    johnhanlon wrote:
    You got State of Love & Trust!I was just thinking today if they ever play it live.Just checked set list, you lucky fuckers you!

Was praying at the Dublin gig that they would play it but to no avail - they rocked anyhoo!

I am seriously considering following the guys to another country for a gig - just have to break it to the wife and kids first...

John

Hehe they might be pleased, you never know ;):D:p

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    Byrnzie wrote:
    Were you at the Astoria or Dublin? :confused:

I believe he / she was at Dublin :)

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • Options
    CageyCagey Posts: 220
    V V wrote:
    Morning , just got up , we broke down on the way home didnt get in till 5am ! LOL

FANTASTIC night , i made it till Evevnflow down the front but was getting pushed over to much so thanks to the guys who gave me a leg up n over/out ! (gave me a chance to flash me fishnets at Ed ! LOL who did look over Hhahahahahahaha)

damn shame to be round the back not enough ppl into it but we squeezed back through as much as poss.

so many songs I wanted were played ! save you, Barbara, crown of thorns, Comatos, Luke the Yuke and BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD was my high light , Ed really gave it his alllllllllllll

I'm still flying :D:D:D:D

(dave i think ur getting Blood n Spin mixed up ;) )

We were right beside you at the beginning, it was mad to see you (and Byrnzie) there, as we randomly pushed our way from the back, right up to there as Placebo were just about to end! We too were getting knocked about alot, which was getting frustrating, as we were missing it trying to hold position, so we made our way sideways, to the left, where we found a great position, about 8-9 rows from the front, and remained there for the rest of the set :)

We missed alot of the Dublin gig as herself (The sneaky one) wasn't well, so we were 'backstage' in the medics 'box' for alot of it, but could hear it all, we were pissed that we missed a fantastic show, sounded fuckin' great, but, making sure she was ok was priority, reading yesterday more than made up for it, we had a ball :D

We didn't get back to where we were staying 'till 4am, and had to fly back today, so I'm shattered, and sore all over. Worth every aching muscle though.
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.