World Cup 2014 - Brazil!

Comments

• rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    leekstokie wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    back to the Confederation Cup:

Tahiti vs Spain, anyone want to venture a prediction?

I predict 8-0 to Spain with them having over 80% possession

you were correct, for a little while... :fp:
    10 - 0

wow
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    10 - 0

wow

I was at Logan and was at Legal before I boarded and saw the kickoff. Got off the plane in Philly, looked at the scores and it was 10-0. Brutal :lol:
    Nigeria vs Uruguay a much closer match 1 - 2 in the second half
    Spain vs Italy

Italy looks very good so far
    that was an exhausting game yesterday. and a shitty way to end a game - on penalties. Too bad for Italy, they looked very good for most of the game, they attacked well in the first half, and defended well in the second. Overtime just looked like two tired boxers slugging it out in the 15th round, neither one willing to give up, but not having enough left to finish it.

Should be an interesting match up for the final on Sunday: Spain vs Brazil
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    that was an exhausting game yesterday. and a shitty way to end a game - on penalties. Too bad for Italy, they looked very good for most of the game, they attacked well in the first half, and defended well in the second. Overtime just looked like two tired boxers slugging it out in the 15th round, neither one willing to give up, but not having enough left to finish it.

Should be an interesting match up for the final on Sunday: Spain vs Brazil

I agree totally, pks never a good way to decide a game. Play until someone scores. Last team standing deserves to win. Played soccer 17 years and never thought its a good way to end a game. But Spain/brazil neymar vs his new teammates, gonna be fun to watch on sun!
    Here we go. This is going to be awesome.
    Fucking wow
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    I can't stand Neymar!
    Neymar2.gif?b33780

Neymar1.gif?b33780
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
    Gets back onside and goes near post. Hell of a finish
    amazing game, Brazil totally took Spain out of their game and just did not allow Spain to play. Spain really had their hands full. I am now excited for the World Cup next summer.
  • EdsonNascimentoEdsonNascimento Posts: 5,519
    David Luiz had play of the tourney. Imagine 1-1 instead of 1-0 before Neymar's great finish. How the hell did he get that over the bar inside the 6 while sliding?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    David Luiz had play of the tourney. Imagine 1-1 instead of 1-0 before Neymar's great finish. How the hell did he get that over the bar inside the 6 while sliding?

This is exactly what I said to my friends when he saved it. Just imagine 1-1 instead of 2-0. Wow what a game for the brazil.
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    Watching this game just reminds me how far the US is behind the best countries in the world.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
    Great two games for the US! Wondo, Wondo, Wondo!! I never even heard of him until yesterday. That flick goal was sick. Klinsman really lit a fire under their ass at the half. They came out and played great in the second. Wonder how many Cubans defected after the game?
    Can we put all this nonsense talk about Donovan having to earn his spot back to rest?
    My god Gus Johnson is bad at this.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Can we put all this nonsense talk about Donovan having to earn his spot back to rest?

Yep. It isn't even a question at this point. Add him to how well the top squad was playing in qualifying and the US is starting to look dangerous.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Umm yeah, it isn't good. I love Gus announcing football or hoops, but soccer just isn't for him. I hope Fox gives up on this experiment soon because apparently they want him to be the lead guy for World Cup 2018.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yep. It isn't even a question at this point. Add him to how well the top squad was playing in qualifying and the US is starting to look dangerous.

Yeah, man. Agreed.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Umm yeah, it isn't good. I love Gus announcing football or hoops, but soccer just isn't for him. I hope Fox gives up on this experiment soon because apparently they want him to be the lead guy for World Cup 2018.

Same here. I have always loved him, but this is painful. I really hope that doesn't happen.

In other news. Mitre is apparently still in business.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Same here. I have always loved him, but this is painful. I really hope that doesn't happen.

In other news. Mitre is apparently still in business.

Yeah, he doesnt offer any insight at all. Kind of like when Fox has him doing MMA. You can tell he knows nothing about the sport.

Good game on Sunday though. Joe Corona is really impressing. Some great play from Nick Rimando. Honduras on Wednesday! That Eddie Johnson goal was ridiculous. What 14 seconds in and he scores? Sweet header too.
    Lets do this
    Hate Panama's game plan. It has been the US strategy for the past 20 years and I hate it. Love to see Klinsman having them play more aggressively.
    HA. First Johnson and now Shea scoring off a substitution
    Great result. Anyone know what this means for world cup qualifications?

Nothing. Qualifies them for the confederations cup. WC qualifying starts up again in September.
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

Nothing. Qualifies them for the confederations cup. WC qualifying starts up again in September.

Got it. thanks.
    Devastating new for Stuart Holden, torn ACL. :cry: Poor guy.