Algeria
    Honduras
    Japan
    Iran
    South Korea
    Australia
    Cameroon
  • we are in Bitches!!! :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    we are in Bitches!!! :mrgreen:

:lol:
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255

at least in the first rd! :lol::lol:8-)
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • badbrains wrote:

we dont go Brazil for the world cup..we go for the babes :lol:
    badbrains wrote:

we dont go Brazil for the world cup..we go for the babes :lol:

After 3 games that's all you'll be doing there :lol:
    USA is screwed :fp:

THE DRAW IN FULL
    Group A: Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon
    Group B: Spain, Netherlands, Chile, Australia
    Group C: Colombia, Greece, Cote d'Ivoire, Japan
    Group D: Uruguay, Costa Rica, England, Italy
    Group E: Switzerland, Ecuador, France, Honduras
    Group F: Argentina, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Iran, Nigeria
    Group G: Germany, Portugal, Ghana, USA
    Group H: Belgium, Algeria, Russia, Korea Republic
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    edited December 2013
    Yikes

Beasley to cover Ronaldo :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

He just pooped himself
  • rick1zoo2 wrote:

THE DRAW IN FULL

Fucking brutal. I was praying we got Group E. That couldn't have gone any worse.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

THE DRAW IN FULL

Fucking brutal. I was praying we got Group E. That couldn't have gone any worse.

They could be in B, but yeah, E is a cake walk
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

They could be in B, but yeah, E is a cake walk

Yeah I guess B would be worse. But aparently the travel for group G is the worst for any group too. Yikes.

I guess the one positive is that I'll only have to take 1 day off of work to watch the Germany game. The game vs. Ghana is at 6pm ET on a Monday, Portugal game is 3pm ET on a Sunday, and Germany is 12pm ET on a Thursday.
    I just saw that too, about the travel, apparently they will have to go 8,866 miles round trip for the games and they have to play in Manaus - the Amazonian town that no-one wanted to go to.
  • Of course France gets an easy draw. Practically the last team in, and they get gifted with that draw. Mexico, too. Yeah, Brazil's a loss, but the other 2 games are completely winable. Why they don't have some sort of seeding all the way through is beyond me. How is Mexico deserving of that vs. what the US accomplished winning the Hex? You'd put more emphasis on qualifying if how you finished determined your draw.

Oh, well. Beating Ghana in game 1 is a must. Then tie/beat Portugal and hopefully have Germany not need the last game. Not an easy task.

I'm not a conspiracy person, but the World Cup draw always seems fixed. Really? US/Klinsman gets Germany? Then Portugal who they improbably beat in '02 and Ghana who knocked them out?

Meanwhile, Mexico and France get gifted easy draws after struggling mightly in qualifying?
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
    Group D is the group of death
  • I don't understand what the big deal is. It's the WORLD CUP, if you want to win the biggest tournament in the world then you have to beat the best teams to do it. It makes no difference if you play them in the 1'st, 2nd, or 3rd round etc. All teams have to bring their A game to each match of the tourney. I think this could be good for the US, being in the group they are in. If they play their asses off right from the start then there should be no stopping them, and hopefully knock out either Portugal or Germany (wishfull thinking) along with Ghana. I personally can't wait for the matches to begin, it's going to be fun.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
    I don't understand what the big deal is. It's the WORLD CUP, if you want to win the biggest tournament in the world then you have to beat the best teams to do it. It makes no difference if you play them in the 1'st, 2nd, or 3rd round etc. All teams have to bring their A game to each match of the tourney. I think this could be good for the US, being in the group they are in. If they play their asses off right from the start then there should be no stopping them, and hopefully knock out either Portugal or Germany (wishfull thinking) along with Ghana. I personally can't wait for the matches to begin, it's going to be fun.

Oh, no doubt. If the US is ever going to make a name for themselves then they have to beat world class teams. They have a few quality wins in recent history, but they have to do something like get out of a group like this and do something. That said, it would be nice not to see the 2nd and 5th ranked teams in the world in the space of a week.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:
    I don't understand what the big deal is. It's the WORLD CUP, if you want to win the biggest tournament in the world then you have to beat the best teams to do it. It makes no difference if you play them in the 1'st, 2nd, or 3rd round etc. All teams have to bring their A game to each match of the tourney. I think this could be good for the US, being in the group they are in. If they play their asses off right from the start then there should be no stopping them, and hopefully knock out either Portugal or Germany (wishfull thinking) along with Ghana. I personally can't wait for the matches to begin, it's going to be fun.

Oh, no doubt. If the US is ever going to make a name for themselves then they have to beat world class teams. They have a few quality wins in recent history, but they have to do something like get out of a group like this and do something. That said, it would be nice not to see the 2nd and 5th ranked teams in the world in the space of a week.

Definitely agree that they need to beat world class teams, but we just had some really bad luck today. Frustrating that US ends up in a group with 2 of the top 5 teams in the world. Imagine how happy everyone would be if we ended up in Group E instead of Honduras.
  • Cliffy6745 wrote:

Yes. I'm sure there were no parties in Portugal being placed with Germany and the worlds 13th ranked team. There is a flip side to all this. And if they make Ot through they get a team from the weak Group H in the knockout 16.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.

• Yes. I'm sure there were no parties in Portugal being placed with Germany and the worlds 13th ranked team. There is a flip side to all this. And if they make Ot through they get a team from the weak Group H in the knockout 16.

Very true. I doubt any of the teams are happy to be in this group with 4 very good teams. Another flip side is that US plays Germany 3rd. Germany could already be into the knockout round by then. And now we wait 6 months for it all to start...
  • good draw for Greece,if u compare to other groups
    edited January 2014
    http://news.sportslogos.net/2014/01/13/us-soccer-has-a-new-jersey-and-new-crest-but-its-actually-worse/

Thoughts? I don't hate the crest as much as most, but I don't like the color of blue and it is just cheesy in general. Really wish they could have kept the centennial crest and jerseys for that matter.

looks kind of like a golf polo but will look more normal once the numbers are on it. Dig the collar. Like it more than the sash. Hated that fucker.

Edit: If the blue in the crest were a bit darker, I think it would be better. I actually may like it more than the one with the gold, but it is pretty cheesy overall. That said, I think I dig these the more I look at them.
    Post edited by Cliffy6745 on
    Also, clearly not the normal soccer thread, but since you can't find anything around here, I'm going with it.
  • Also, clearly not the normal soccer thread, but since you can't find anything around here, I'm going with it.

yeah,anothe rproblem with this "cool" forum..cant find shit with the search button not working
  • http://news.sportslogos.net/2014/01/13/us-soccer-has-a-new-jersey-and-new-crest-but-its-actually-worse/

Thoughts? I don't hate the crest as much as most, but I don't like the color of blue and it is just cheesy in general. Really wish they could have kept the centennial crest and jerseys for that matter.

looks kind of like a golf polo but will look more normal once the numbers are on it. Dig the collar. Like it more than the sash. Hated that fucker.

Edit: If the blue in the crest were a bit darker, I think it would be better. I actually may like it more than the one with the gold, but it is pretty cheesy overall. That said, I think I dig these the more I look at them.

Yeah, not sure how I feel about those jerseys. Like you said, the shade of blue is pretty lame. I loved the centennial jerseys and wish they would have just kept those for the WC. Was thinking about buying a jersey since it's WC year, but not sure anymore...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822

http://news.sportslogos.net/2014/01/13/us-soccer-has-a-new-jersey-and-new-crest-but-its-actually-worse/

Well that leaked picture turned out to be the right jersey. I don't like the whole golf polo look. And like you said, the crest looks pretty cheesy. Looks like I won't be purchasing a jersey this year...

Well that leaked picture turned out to be the right jersey. I don't like the whole golf polo look. And like you said, the crest looks pretty cheesy. Looks like I won't be purchasing a jersey this year...
    Are they putting a number on the front? If so, I think it will make it look a lot less like a polo. I don't hate this one as much as most. That said, the centennial ones were the tits. There were a lot more collars on jerseys when I played, which is probably why I don't hate this.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822

Are they putting a number on the front? If so, I think it will make it look a lot less like a polo. I don't hate this one as much as most. That said, the centennial ones were the tits. There were a lot more collars on jerseys when I played, which is probably why I don't hate this.

Not sure if the numbers will be on the front. Hopefully they are. US is wearing those jerseys today in the friendly vs Ukraine so we'll find out soon.
  • jeffbrjeffbr Posts: 7,177
    The jersey is very boring and lacks any creativity. The good news is that 20 years from now it will still be just a plain, non-offensive design. We've had some atrocities in the past that are pretty embarassing. At least this jersey won't fall into that category. My wallet is glad that the design isn't even remotely tempting.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:

The jersey is very boring and lacks any creativity. The good news is that 20 years from now it will still be just a plain, non-offensive design. We've had some atrocities in the past that are pretty embarassing. At least this jersey won't fall into that category. My wallet is glad that the design isn't even remotely tempting.

I hope you're not referring to this jawn

HA, I have that fucker signed by most of the team.