World Cup 2014 - Brazil!

Comments

• gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Prob not the best idea to schedule a game in Denver in March :fp:

maybe they did so they would have a chance!

The U.S. Soccer Federation said they scheduled the game in Denver to help get the players better acclimated to the altitude in Mexico City.

I'm not feeling good about this bunch but Mexico doesn't look in top form right now either.
  • badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    I watched the France/BARCA, I mean Spain match on espn3. Wtf is up with the split screen? Holyshit my eyes are fucked up from watching hahaha
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,710
    Big game tonight
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,822

F that, I want a win!!!

As do I, but I'm trying to be realistic. Getting 1 point in a qualifier at Azteca would be awesome.
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 2,023
    Game Time!!!
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Game Time!!!
    whatsa the score?
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Game Time!!!
    whatsa the score?
    No score, almost 20 minutes in.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
    Game Time!!!
    whatsa the score?
    No score, almost 20 minutes in.
    thanks!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    Decent first half, scoreless, I think it's time to sub for Beasley so he doesn't get a second yellow and hurt them. We'll see what Juergen does with the 2nd half lineup.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    USA 0 - 0 Mexico

great defense for USA. we'll take the one point. well done!
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    USA 0 - 0 Mexico

cool!
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    USA 0 - 0 Mexico

Defense was great. Guzan with some huge saves as well. How awesome was Omar Gonzalez last night? That guy was a beast back there.
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    USA 0 - 0 Mexico

Defense was great. Guzan with some huge saves as well. How awesome was Omar Gonzalez last night? That guy was a beast back there.

Agreed. Could have used some of that defense in the last World Cup. That is a big point. Besler was awesome in only second cap. Bradley did a great job controlling the ball in front of the defense as well. Altidor just continues to disappoint, not sure what the deal is with him. Thought he might break out after a good performance in Denver but maybe Azteca is just too tough.

When is the next game?
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.

Agreed. Could have used some of that defense in the last World Cup. That is a big point. Besler was awesome in only second cap. Bradley did a great job controlling the ball in front of the defense as well. Altidor just continues to disappoint, not sure what the deal is with him. Thought he might break out after a good performance in Denver but maybe Azteca is just too tough.

When is the next game?

Altidore didn't do much, but his chances were limited. As awesome as it is to get a point at Azteca, it still sucks that we are on defense the majority of the game. Mexico is just so much better at ball control and those short passes.

Next qualifiers are in June at Jamaica and then at home for Panama and Honduras. There are a couple friendly matches before those 3 qualifiers. Hopefully the squad will be much healthier come June.
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    Yeah, our defense was outstanding. Gonzalez and Besler played lights out. Once Beasley calmed down he played solid also. For once we had a few calls go our way. :)
    gabers wrote:
    Yeah, our defense was outstanding. Gonzalez and Besler played lights out. Once Beasley calmed down he played solid also. For once we had a few calls go our way. :)

Yeah, they really got away with one, should have been a pk even though he got the ball first he totally took him out form behind.

When is the next game?

Next qualifiers are in June at Jamaica and then at home for Panama and Honduras. There are a couple friendly matches before those 3 qualifiers. Hopefully the squad will be much healthier come June.

Thanks, hopefully Donovan will come back as well.
    What's the deal with Donovan? He gonna play next year or what. Not on the camp squad
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    What's the deal with Donovan? He gonna play next year or what. Not on the camp squad

he took a break for a few months, just getting back in shape and not in the best form yet. at least that is what Klinsmann is saying
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

he took a break for a few months, just getting back in shape and not in the best form yet. at least that is what Klinsmann is saying

He will not be playing in the upcoming qualifiers. :fp: They really need him out there.
    US vs Belgium tonight on ESPN2 at 7 PM. :)

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1652 ... prediction
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

He will not be playing in the upcoming qualifiers. :fp: They really need him out there.

Klinsmann obviously has it out for Donovan. I know he didn't like that Donovan took that break for a few months, but it doesn't mean you don't field your best squad. It's WC qualifying...no fucking around.
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

Klinsmann obviously has it out for Donovan. I know he didn't like that Donovan took that break for a few months, but it doesn't mean you don't field your best squad. It's WC qualifying...no fucking around.

Its just a friendly. I thought Donovan said he wasn't ready yet?

2 friendly matches in the next week, then 3 qualifiers. Donovan won't be on the roster for any of them. Klinsmann is the one who says Donovan isn't ready. He would be there if Klinsmann had invited him to camp.

2 friendly matches in the next week, then 3 qualifiers. Donovan won't be on the roster for any of them. Klinsmann is the one who says Donovan isn't ready. He would be there if Klinsmann had invited him to camp.

Really, he doesnt want the best player in the country on the team? Maybe Klinsmann should go?
    What.the.fuck
    good grief, just started watching it. 6 minutes in, what a terrible, terrible bit of defending. and just after Altidore should have finished

:fp:
    ok, much , much better, goal for USA, but still being grossly out-played
    I missed the entire first half because Dish or ESPN switched it from ESPN 2 to ESPN. I recorded an hour of OJ Simpsons bullshit!

US defense is still terrible. They have clearly declined in the last 8 years in my opinion. They seem to have no depth.
    :fp:

they are definately going to need to step it up a notch. Next up is Germany on Sunday. :fp: