The only truth I know is you.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    The NHL Wheel of Justice ...

http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com/
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Alfredsson back in the lineup tonight.
    AND THE CAPTAIN RETURNS!

Could not be more stoked.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    Because its the President's trophy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkoEzTK-ULo

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365

WOW. That's got to hurt if your a nucks fan.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    3645092_o.gif

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    JK_Livin wrote:

WOW. That's got to hurt if your a nucks fan.

Especially after last year and winning the Presidents cup this year.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    #8 over #1 upsets since current format introduced in 1994:

1994: San Jose 4, Detroit 3
    1995: NY Rangers 4, Quebec 2
    1998: Ottawa 4, New Jersey 2
    1999: Pittsburgh 4, New Jersey 3
    2000: San Jose 4, St Louis 3
    2002: Montreal 4, Boston 2
    2006: Edmonton 4, Detroit 2
    2009: Anaheim 4, San Jose 2
    2010: Montreal 4, Washington 3
    2012: Los Angeles 4, Vancouver 1

Vancouver is first #1 seed to lose in less than six games.

If Ottawa wins another game 2012 will be first year with both #1 seeds out in the first round.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    what's the chant they keep doing in ottawa? the one where they count down and then chant something. can't make it out on tv and I've never heard it before this year's playoffs
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The Fixer wrote:
    what's the chant they keep doing in ottawa? the one where they count down and then chant something. can't make it out on tv and I've never heard it before this year's playoffs

Concerned that captain Daniel Alfredsson may be playing out his final NHL season, a group of fans came up with a chant earlier this month to honour the team's long-time captain at every home game. When the game clock reaches 11:11 each period — Alfredsson wears No. 11 — the fans count down before repeatedly chanting "Alfie! Alfie! Alfie!" once it hits 11:00.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Concerned that captain Daniel Alfredsson may be playing out his final NHL season, a group of fans came up with a chant earlier this month to honour the team's long-time captain at every home game. When the game clock reaches 11:11 each period — Alfredsson wears No. 11 — the fans count down before repeatedly chanting "Alfie! Alfie! Alfie!" once it hits 11:00.

Ah, thanks. Never would have figured that one out
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Blackhawks are out.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Blackhawks are out.

Indeed
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Phoenix vs Nashville in Rd 2.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
  • AzWickerAzWicker Posts: 1,162
    Mike Smith stood on his head tonight.
    Ed: 2011-07-09 2012-11-04
    PJ: 2011-09-03 2011-09-04
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,891

:evil:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    ottawa got sucked into the rangers style of game ... and they lost because of it ... can't stand watching that kind of hockey ...
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,359
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

I figured out that it had to do with Alfie last night but never would've guessed the 11:11 thing. That's really cool. Hope to hear that again this spring. 8-)

Kind of like the "INCOMPLETE" chant at Denver Broncos games that you'd never figure out until you go to a game there.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Don't forget StL vs. LAK

The west has been crazy this year. I can't believe none of the staples made it past the first round.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    At least we 2 game 7's and maybe
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Don't forget StL vs. LAK

The west has been crazy this year. I can't believe none of the staples made it past the first round.

The west is very competive...and those teams that advanced in the west all have great goaltending.

Chicago and San Jose really need to get better goaltending for next season.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    NHL better suspend Michalek for kicking giradi twice in the mid-section during the kick in goal
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    NHL better suspend Michalek for kicking giradi twice in the mid-section during the kick in goal

maybe the NHL doesn't want New York in the playoffs considering how small a market they are :roll:

I like King Henry but that was a dumb comment.
    edited April 2012
    fife wrote:

maybe the NHL doesn't want New York in the playoffs considering how small a market they are :roll:

u made ur point..this is a different situation...dude steps on him twice...whats the league have to say on this one?

and with that call last night..it sure looks like they don't want us
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    u made ur point..this is a different situation...dude steps on him twice...whats the league have to say on this one?

you got video?
    polaris_x wrote:

you got video?

CBC showed it clear as day and it was in the local papers ,but no i can't produce a video of it atm

the league must be hiding it
    CBC showed it clear as day and it was in the local papers ,but no i can't produce a video of it atm

the league must be hiding it

you watch a cbc feed?
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    fife wrote:

and with that call last night..it sure looks like they don't want us

I do know that the NHL is reviewing the play but i have a feeling it might just be a fine and nothing else to be honest.

from watching the game last night, the refs missed some mistakes such as the non-call on the delay of game inthe 3rd period. Trust me the NHL would be very happy having you in the finals.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 Posts: 26,148
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

Probably the worst chant I have ever heard in sports.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365

Nothing happened to Christian Laettner when he stomped on a UK kid in the greatest basketball game ever. Shanahan should use that precedent or a magic 8 ball.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer