A Song Of Ice & Fire GRRM's Book Thread **Spoilers**

12345679»

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I can't read much in here but I just read about poor Joffery and I'm glad Littlefinger is back. I'm almost done book 3. See ya.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I can't read much in here but I just read about poor Joffery and I'm glad Littlefinger is back. I'm almost done book 3. See ya.

poor joffrey??? he was a little shit and I feel no remorse that the little fucker is dead. tho he is a cautionary tale of how one should raise their children.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    JK_Livin wrote:

poor joffrey??? he was a little shit and I feel no remorse that the little fucker is dead. tho he is a cautionary tale of how one should raise their children.

Sorry I didn't leave a sarcasm smilie. No remorse from me at all. I see that opening season 4.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Sorry I didn't leave a sarcasm smilie. No remorse from me at all. I see that opening season 4.

all ill say is season 4 will be interesting... and many a wry smile will be displayed. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    JK_Livin wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

I dont think it will be the first episode, they have to introduce the Red Viper first. I really thought season 3 would end with Catelyn coming back but that didnt happen. Balon could die in episode one....
    I just finished book 3 and holy shit a lot of stuff happened after the Red Wedding. I was a little disappointed in the Red Viper because of the hype I've heard and then poof, he's gone in like 2 chapters. Fucking Littlefinger pulling all the strings. Now I must go so I don't get spoiled.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I'll be at comic con and i'm super excited GRRM will be there. Looking forward to the game of thrones panel. :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    intodeep wrote:
    I'll be at comic con and i'm super excited GRRM will be there. Looking forward to the game of thrones panel. :D

Nice- make sure to let us know if he gives any progress reports on Book 6
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
    intodeep wrote:

Nice- make sure to let us know if he gives any progress reports on Book 6
    oh i will
    I'm more hoping to run into Emilia Clarke or Rose Leslie since they will be there :mrgreen:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I finally finished a Dance With Dragons. Now what do I do with all my time?
    I finally finished a Dance With Dragons. Now what do I do with all my time?
    have you read the dunk and egg tales? if not they are quite good. three novella's with another one out later this year they are about young Aegon and his adventures they really help understand the targaryen history more
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    have you read the dunk and egg tales? if not they are quite good. three novella's with another one out later this year they are about young Aegon and his adventures they really help understand the targaryen history more
    After reading up on fan theories and this thread over the past few days I've decided that it's in my best interest to read them. In fact I downloaded them onto my phone during lunch today. I think I should take a break from the world of GRRM for a little while and read these shorter tales at a more leisurely pace.
    And now I'm done the Dunk & Egg tales. It's quite an interesting series so far, and I enjoy knowing more of the realm during the reign of the Targaryens.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    I WANT BOOK 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/end rant
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    I WANT BOOK 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/end rant

I feel that!

Anyone want to take a page out of Stephen King's Misery and kidnap Gurm, forcing him to finish the goddamn series already?
    So I read Book 4 in the spring and just started book 5 recently. Did I miss How Sam is back on the wall? last I recall, he took a ship with master Aemon and Gilly somewhere.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • JK_Livin said:

So I read Book 4 in the spring and just started book 5 recently. Did I miss How Sam is back on the wall? last I recall, he took a ship with master Aemon and Gilly somewhere.

Do you mean how the beginnings of Books 4 and 5 start at the same moments in time but then split off into different characters points of view?
    edited February 2014
    I understand they run concurrently. I know they already covered Sam leaving in book 4. Do they cover it again in 5?
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Book 4 and half of 5 run during the same time. Then the rest of book 5 takes place after the events 4. Not sure where exactly the line is drawn. I think when character POVs that were in book 4 appear in book 5 everything is on the same timeline.
  • JK_Livin said:

I understand they run concurrently. I know they already covered Sam leaving in book 4. Do they cover it again in 5?

It's been a while since I read it, but since Jon is a point of view character for book 5, I think it may get mentioned from his side before his story moves on.

JK_Livin said:

It's been a while since I read it, but since Jon is a point of view character for book 5, I think it may get mentioned from his side before his story moves on.
    ok. I guess I'll find out
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    Tom O.
    -The Writer