A Song Of Ice & Fire GRRM's Book Thread **Spoilers**

Comments

• Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    intodeep wrote:
    So i know the thread has spoilers in the topic title but just in case ..... don't read below if you have not read storm of swords:

So will the tv viewers see teh Red Wedding coming a mile away? I always thought it would be hard to hide. I hope they build Rob up even more this season and help you fall for him and want to like and root for him.

I hope they keep it as evil as it was in the book with his wolve's head sown on him after wards.

I don't think so. I hope not at least. I mean who called Ned's death?! But I don't think we'll see the Red Wedding until season 4 :x :x But yes I totally agree with you - the more violent and evil the better. And I hope they have that version of the Rains of Castemere from the previews playing, it gives me chills!!!!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:
    So i know the thread has spoilers in the topic title but just in case ..... don't read below if you have not read storm of swords:

So will the tv viewers see teh Red Wedding coming a mile away? I always thought it would be hard to hide. I hope they build Rob up even more this season and help you fall for him and want to like and root for him.

I hope they keep it as evil as it was in the book with his wolve's head sown on him after wards.

I don't think so. I hope not at least. I mean who called Ned's death?! But I don't think we'll see the Red Wedding until season 4 :x :x But yes I totally agree with you - the more violent and evil the better. And I hope they have that version of the Rains of Castemere from the previews playing, it gives me chills!!!!
    Yes. The one the National is singing right?
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    I finished the first 5 books, when are the rest coming out???
    intodeep wrote:

Is that who it is? OMG I love it so much!

Now you wait with the rest of us :evil: What did you think?!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

Is that who it is? OMG I love it so much!

Now you wait with the rest of us :evil: What did you think?!

I thought 1 and 2 were excellent, then they started slowly rolling downhill...having to make major characters out of secondary characters cause everyone else is dead...

I thought 1 and 2 were excellent, then they started slowly rolling downhill...having to make major characters out of secondary characters cause everyone else is dead...

You didn't like Storm of Swords?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

At the rate GRRM goes, we could be waiting another 5 years for book 6 :x
    Mamasan23 wrote:

You didn't like Storm of Swords?! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

At the rate GRRM goes, we could be waiting another 5 years for book 6 :x

5 years! I'll have to re-read them all by then.. ;)
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

Hmmm, I think the red wedding ends this half of the season, the other two big deaths from SOS will end season 4.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...

Hmmm, I think the red wedding ends this half of the season, the other two big deaths from SOS will end season 4.

Oooh I like that!!!! :thumbup: I'm so stoked about the Red Wedding...seriously I just know it's going to be the best TV of all time. Ever!
  • I was really considering reading this series, but maybe I'll just stick tot he dvds since this fella doesnt finnish too quickly..
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    I was really considering reading this series, but maybe I'll just stick tot he dvds since this fella doesnt finnish too quickly..

Read slow, ya have like 4000 pages to get through...
  • I was really considering reading this series, but maybe I'll just stick tot he dvds since this fella doesnt finnish too quickly..

good grief. Its 5 books? or 4? Do they know how many more til the end?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    I was really considering reading this series, but maybe I'll just stick tot he dvds since this fella doesnt finnish too quickly..

Currently 5. He said there will be 7, but they keep getting bigger and bigger :lol:
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Currently 5. He said there will be 7, but they keep getting bigger and bigger :lol:

And I think 3 novellas as a "prequel", if you will...
  • Mamasan23 wrote:
    there will be 7, but they keep getting bigger and bigger :lol:

Dirty. do I even need to say it?

Well, thanks guys for filling me in. So you werent kidding baout the next books.. at least a few years. I'd think HBO would be getting on him to finish. Is each book a season? Or half book = season?
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Well, thanks guys for filling me in. So you werent kidding baout the next books.. at least a few years. I'd think HBO would be getting on him to finish. Is each book a season? Or half book = season?

I was in fact waiting for it :lol:

Yeah maybe the show will move him along a bit. So far each book has been a season, but the third book will be split into two seasons because there is just WAY too much going on!
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I need to read faster so I can start reading more of this thread. Every time I open it, it's with one eye closed.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    Mamasan23 wrote:

Season one was Game of Thrones
    Season two was Clash of Kings
    Season Three will be the first half of Storm of Swords
    Season Four will be the second half of STorm of Swords

now there is some overlap some things that happen in season two that were from book three etc.

Books 4/5 my guess will be season's 5,6, and 7
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    I think we will get two deaths.

I think episode 9 will be the red wedding
    and episode 10 pie wedding (i just made that up no one else calls it that)

Pure spectulation on my part

also he is talking about doing the dunk and egg tales for hbo as a mini series.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    My brother is reading the books and he just read about the red wedding.
    My phone blew up :lol:

He was so upset at GRRM. :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    intodeep wrote:

Been awhile since i read these so whats the pie wedding?
    intodeep wrote:

:lol::lol: Did he throw his book at the wall like I did? :lol:

I still have legitimate beef with GRRM about Jon Snow though. I must send an angry letter.
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

:lol::lol: Did he throw his book at the wall like I did? :lol:

I still have legitimate beef with GRRM about Jon Snow though. I must send an angry letter.
    He uses his galaxy tablet so i hope he refrained.

The thing about Jon is he can't be dead. If somehow he isand his story is over..... i have a specific set of skills and with those skills i will find GRRM
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:

Joffrey's death I should not call it the pie because it was his wine that was poisened, but all i remember was a pigeon pie made out of like 700 pigeons or some crap like that.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    intodeep wrote:

Pure spectulation on my part

also he is talking about doing the dunk and egg tales for hbo as a mini series.

I've got think the RW will be the big episode this year- like you said, probably episode 9. I have a feeling the other big deaths will be saved until season 4. The RW alone will leave everyone talking, and it might be overkill to have them all this season. No pun intended :D
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    intodeep wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

Joffrey's death I should not call it the pie because it was his wine that was poisened, but all i remember was a pigeon pie made out of like 700 pigeons or some crap like that.

Forgot all about that bird thing.

I see that as being in season 4 since Red Viper was at that wedding feast. My guess at the time line since no Red Viper this season is that little brat gets his in one of the early episodes in season 4, introduce Red Viper, kill Joffery, kill Red Viper, Dorne in an uproar end the season on a cliffhanger sand snakes planning revenge. Leave them getting caught and locked up for the start of season 5??
    intodeep wrote:
    He uses his galaxy tablet so i hope he refrained.

The thing about Jon is he can't be dead. If somehow he isand his story is over..... i have a specific set of skills and with those skills i will find GRRM

:lol::lol: Well I got your back if you need help. :lol:
    http://www.fantasticmaps.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Journeys.jpg
    Really cool map that outlines the size and shape of the entire world. This is much better than any of the maps in the books.

The lines are supposed to follow the individual characters on their journeys, but you can't zoom in to really see them.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    intodeep wrote:
    http://www.fantasticmaps.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Journeys.jpg
    Really cool map that outlines the size and shape of the entire world. This is much better than any of the maps in the books.

The lines are supposed to follow the individual characters on their journeys, but you can't zoom in to really see them.

Nice.

Is it Sunday yet?
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    anyone see the interview with Dinklage on Jon Stewart this week, I think it was his Monday night show?

almost 48 hours
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2