A Song Of Ice & Fire GRRM's Book Thread **Spoilers**

Comments

• intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    smarchee wrote:
    anyone see the interview with Dinklage on Jon Stewart this week, I think it was his Monday night show?

almost 48 hours
    i missed that i'll have to find it.

With Season 4 green lighted.... WE GET THE MOUNTAIN VS RED VIPER

they better cast the RED VIPER well.

He doesn't match the description in the book but i think The Rock could be cool as him
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    intodeep wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    anyone see the interview with Dinklage on Jon Stewart this week, I think it was his Monday night show?

almost 48 hours
    i missed that i'll have to find it.

With Season 4 green lighted.... WE GET THE MOUNTAIN VS RED VIPER

they better cast the RED VIPER well.

He doesn't match the description in the book but i think The Rock could be cool as him

How about the guy that played Sayid in Lost? Kind of who I pictured.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    intodeep wrote:
    My brother is reading the books and he just read about the red wedding.
    My phone blew up :lol:

He was so upset at GRRM. :D

this was the awesomest event. i was like OMG!!! they killed rob stark. but then i thought thats okay. basically cause im in the jon snow camp. but when catelyn reappeared i threw the book across the room. on sunday when i saw the preview of episode 2 and saw olenna ask sansa about joffrey, my heart lept at what i know is coming. ive never been quite so excited about a death... is that wrong?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    intodeep wrote:

this was the awesomest event. i was like OMG!!! they killed rob stark. but then i thought thats okay. basically cause im in the jon snow camp. but when catelyn reappeared i threw the book across the room. on sunday when i saw the preview of episode 2 and saw olenna ask sansa about joffrey, my heart lept at what i know is coming. ive never been quite so excited about a death... is that wrong?
    That is so not wrong!

I did not watch lost but i just googled that Sayid guy from lost. He looks like he could fit the bill for the Viper!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:

I can't wait to see the reactions to the RW after it happens. People were shocked when Ned bought it, but a lot of people are on team Robb now.
    http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/04/game-thrones-season-3-preview/
    "Turner, who plays the eldest daughter of Ned Stark, warned that “[in] season 3, there are kind of bigger differences. The book readers will be super shocked.”
    :nono: :nono: :nono:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    intodeep wrote:
    http://www.wired.com/underwire/2013/04/game-thrones-season-3-preview/
    "Turner, who plays the eldest daughter of Ned Stark, warned that “[in] season 3, there are kind of bigger differences. The book readers will be super shocked.”
    :nono: :nono: :nono:
    Wait what? Oh they better not change anything.
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    I noticed on facebook last night they posted a picture of jon and him saying he wants to fight for the side that fights for the living and said Do you Agree or DIsagree

They got lit up with people complaining about how they have lessened his story from when he was doing what he halfhand told him to and infiltrating and he told Mance he wanted to do it because he was a bastard and never fit in.

One of the first post that critizied them had literally over 2,000 likes :lol:
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    GRRM also said there were going to be changes- I think he specifically referenced that characters that are alive in the books, but dead on the show. Or the other way around.
    GRRM also said there were going to be changes- I think he specifically referenced that characters that are alive in the books, but dead on the show. Or the other way around.

i dont even know in the scheme of the story how they could possibly keep alive characters we already know to be dead... unless of course they mean to bring back ned stark... cause im all for that. ;)8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    If Joffrey doesn't die the show will be a farce!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    If Joffrey doesn't die the show will be a farce!

I sure hope it doesnt end up like Walking Dead, the further from episode one the less it is based on the source material.
    I think we've seen some of the folks dead in the show that were not dead in teh book. Dany's warrior Rogo i think his name was died in season 2 but he does soem things in a Dance with Dragons. Then her hand maidens died and they are not dead in the books (i'm a little fuzzy on this but i think this is right)

D&D are big fans and have been looking forward to the red wedding since the begining. I have all faith that Rob, Cat, and Joff will die.

I was curious if CAT may stay dead and not become undead CAT. Maybe they would change that story line. It seem she need to be undead though because of teh story arc with Brienne/Jamie in Dance/Feast
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    http://social.entertainment.msn.com/movies/blogs/blog--game-of-thrones-author-talks-new-season-and-next-book

This was it, GRRM noted that people still alive in the books are being killed off on the show. I have faith they will make it work though, and I don't think they mean the major characters and their plot lines.
    intodeep wrote:
    I think we've seen some of the folks dead in the show that were not dead in teh book. Dany's warrior Rogo i think his name was died in season 2 but he does soem things in a Dance with Dragons. Then her hand maidens died and they are not dead in the books (i'm a little fuzzy on this but i think this is right)

D&D are big fans and have been looking forward to the red wedding since the begining. I have all faith that Rob, Cat, and Joff will die.

I was curious if CAT may stay dead and not become undead CAT. Maybe they would change that story line. It seem she need to be undead though because of the story arc with Brienne/Jamie in Dance/Feast

cat doesnt die. she miraculously survives the red wedding... and all because shes a tully and something something sigil something fish. :roll:

joffrey has to die cause that storyline is too woven into what comes after.. the tyrells ascendency, cerseis fall...

as for rob... him alive doesnt fit in with my plans for john snow (or brann for that matter) so he must remain dead. he was boring anyway. tho if this was a soapie.... ;)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • shepshep Posts: 5,759
    Excuse me if I am remembering things incorrectly but...

Didn't Vargo Hoat and the Brave Companions find Brienne and Jamie fighting and capture them prior to maiming Jamie?????

Not some bannerman from house Bolton?

WTF????!!!!!?????

Jamie better get maimed or I'm going to be fucking pissed.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    shep wrote:

Didn't Vargo Hoat and the Brave Companions find Brienne and Jamie fighting and capture them prior to maiming Jamie?????

WTF????!!!!!?????

They did. My guess is the producers don't want to introduce so many new people and the audience is not too confused. Maybe they will just have Boltons men abuse Brienne and take off Jamies hand at or on the way to Harrenhall. Or Hoat will just be bannerman for Bolton, I actually think may be him that was on the horse talking to them on the bridge . But I agree, that hand better come off at some point this season.
    shep wrote:

WTF????!!!!!?????

They did. My guess is the producers don't want to introduce so many new people and the audience is not too confused. Maybe they will just have Boltons men abuse Brienne and take off Jamies hand at or on the way to Harrenhall. Or Hoat will just be bannerman for Bolton, I actually think may be him that was on the horse talking to them on the bridge . But I agree, that hand better come off at some point this season.

alright... good to know i haven't developed Alzheimers yet...
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    It is a shame the Brave Companions have been written out.

I'm sure they want to show Bolton's men being ruthless and different from some of the others in the north.

the true shame though is we won't get to hear Vargo Hoat lisp induced speech say:

"Kingthslayer you are my captifth"
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:

I'm sure they want to show Bolton's men being ruthless and different from some of the others in the north.

the true shame though is we won't get to hear Vargo Hoat lisp induced speech say:

Man... they should have made the show 20 episode seasons and followed the storyline better...

I don't like modification of my plot! :x :x
    i read an interview with GRRM and he confirmed no Strong Belwas in the tv show :cry:

oh well i'll survive but his humor will be missed
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    i read an interview with GRRM and he confirmed no Strong Belwas in the tv show :cry:

Someone needs to start a kickstarter fund to help HBO afford to keep some of these characters in. And more Dragon/Wolf scenes.
    intodeep wrote:

Someone needs to start a kickstarter fund to help HBO afford to keep some of these characters in. And more Dragon/Wolf scenes.

HBO doesn't need any more of our money.

You know damn well they have plenty more to spend on the episodes if they wanted to... it's not like the program is driving them into bankruptcy.
    Perhaps if they spend too much though it won't be driving them rich.

they are in business to make money, but yeah i hear ya it would be nice if the seasons could be 13-14 episodes long instead of 10.

They must have an increased budget from the other season because the CGI looks pretty spiffy this season and we are seeing more of the wolves so far.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • intodeep wrote:

Isn't the guy who taunted Arya at Harrenhal a Brave Companion? His name in the book is Biter or maybe Rouge? He's the one who messes up Brienne later on. Yes, I will miss Vargo saying "sapphariths"

It is too important to Jamie's character development NOT to lose his sword hand. I'm sure that will happen in the next few episodes.

So is Ramsey the one who tells Theon that his sister sent for him? If that's the case, then the other guy who was doing the torturing was just warming him up for what Ramsey's got in store for him!
    1st show-1995 Soldier Field
    10th show-2005 Thunder Bay,ON
    40th show-2012 Berlin II
    50th show-2014 Amsterdam II
    57th show-Moline,IL
    58th show-Mexico City
    intodeep wrote:

Isn't the guy who taunted Arya at Harrenhal a Brave Companion? His name in the book is Biter or maybe Rouge? He's the one who messes up Brienne later on. Yes, I will miss Vargo saying "sapphariths"

It is too important to Jamie's character development NOT to lose his sword hand. I'm sure that will happen in the next few episodes.

So is Ramsey the one who tells Theon that his sister sent for him? If that's the case, then the other guy who was doing the torturing was just warming him up for what Ramsey's got in store for him!

I believe Biter is actually not with the brave companions in the books. I'd have to go back and check though. He may still be with the Lannisters at that point or in his own little gang. I am fairly sure that is Ramsey Snow that helped Theon escape.

After last nights episode of the show i just have to say I love this version of Dany. I really got behind Dany in Storm of Swords. She is confident, freeing slaves, and is easy to like.
    Where does this Dany go in Dance? I know she is supposed to be a teenage girl and that is part of it but she becomes so annoying in Dance with Dragons.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    So this last episode was interesting.

Obviously Melisandra takes Gendry because they don't want to introduce another knew person Edric Storm. I'm okay with that. Two things were curious about it though

1. I don't see the brotherhood giving Gendry over if they knew Mel's plans. They want gold to help the small folk but they are not bad people. I have a hard time wrestling with this being consistance with how i understood them. But whatever

2 Mel to Arya... We will meet again???? :o :shock: :o So I know the show runners D&D know the outline of the story from GRRM Did GRRM tell them they will meet again and they could say that?? That might be some big book spoiler knowledge!
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
    intodeep wrote:
    So this last episode was interesting.

Obviously Melisandra takes Gendry because they don't want to introduce another knew person Edric Storm. I'm okay with that. Two things were curious about it though

1. I don't see the brotherhood giving Gendry over if they knew Mel's plans. They want gold to help the small folk but they are not bad people. I have a hard time wrestling with this being consistance with how i understood them. But whatever

2 Mel to Arya... We will meet again???? :o :shock: :o So I know the show runners D&D know the outline of the story from GRRM Did GRRM tell them they will meet again and they could say that?? That might be some big book spoiler knowledge!

I was surprised by the Gendry storyline, but I guess they can't fit in the whole Storm's End plot line and really confuse people that have not read the books. So maybe they will try to have Melisandra sacrifice Gendry and have Davos save him and send him off to the free cities. Possibly to meet up with Arya later on over there?

That was a nice spoiler with Melisandra and Arya. Maybe a little treat for all of us who are waiting for the next book. :D
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    So who else thinks season 3 will end with the scene of Catelyn's resurrection? I just have a feeling that will be the scene before credits roll.
    I could see that happening.

I'm not sure how much they are going to get through in the next two episodes. I hope nothing is rushed
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22