EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2012 EUROPE/ UK SOLO TOUR

Comments

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,411
    gndcd402 wrote:
    price of two pj tickets in 2006: $125
    price of two ev tickets in 2012: $284

G-R-E-E-D

If they sold those tickets for $60, they'd be scooped up and sold by scalpers at $140 and on up. Greed or basic economics? Do you want that money going to the folks putting on the production or to professional middle men?

If these shows go half sold, you will be right on. If they sell out, you will look naive and petty.
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    pjl44 wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:

G-R-E-E-D

If they sold those tickets for $60, they'd be scooped up and sold by scalpers at $140 and on up. Greed or basic economics? Do you want that money going to the folks putting on the production or to professional middle men?

If these shows go half sold, you will be right on. If they sell out, you will look naive and petty.
    the only naive and petty people are the ones who are okay with these prices and pay $140 :)
  • Options
    gndcd402 wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:

G-R-E-E-D

the only naive and petty people are the ones who are okay with these prices and pay $140 :)

I would argue that it's those who feel the need to insult the band members instead of just taking their money elsewhere with dignity.
  • Options
    gndcd402gndcd402 Posts: 2,558
    pjl44 wrote:

I would argue that it's those who feel the need to insult the band members instead of just taking their money elsewhere with dignity.
    because it's better to keep quiet when we have issues with something right?
    original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1
  • Options
    would've been nice to see some north east dates. something about a new album maybe. pretty disappointed.
  • Options
    gndcd402 wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:

because it's better to keep quiet when we have issues with something right?
    original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Is it better to keep quiet than to bad-mouth? Yes. Demand determines ticket prices, not whining on message boards. It's as admirable to complain about the price of a concert ticket as it would be to do so about a car. Do people hurl the same grief on Subaru message boards?
  • Options
    For the record, I do think these prices are nuts. If Ed did another solo swing around the Northeast U.S. and was charging $80+, I'd likely take a pass. But the accusations of "greed" and armchair quarterbacking of "tour costs" are preposterous. This band has brought me a great deal of joy over the years and I'd be embarrassed to say bad things about them over something as trivial as the price of a concert ticket. If I ever reach the point where I'm priced out of seeing them, I'll just revel in the memories and confidently take my dough to any one of a number of other bands who might be kicking ass at better prices.
  • Options
    rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    I doubt I'm the first person to comment on this, but I can't wade through the umpteen pages ...

... that's a "tour"? :lolno:

Seems more like a game of tiny hopscotch. :P

Good luck, lottery-chancers!
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    How come I do not see any links to access the paypal lottery system??? (I cannot go to Europe, but was curious about the whole system ... just in case ... PJ21 fall NA tour). The post says something like click on the link below for the show you would like to go to. I see no hyperlinks, nada, nothing.

Fingers crossed for a west coast PJ tour in 2012.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,263
    jz69 wrote:
    How come I do not see any links to access the paypal lottery system??? (I cannot go to Europe, but was curious about the whole system ... just in case ... PJ21 fall NA tour). The post says something like click on the link below for the show you would like to go to. I see no hyperlinks, nada, nothing.

Fingers crossed for a west coast PJ tour in 2012.

The links are in the email from Ten Club.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,263
    pjl44 wrote:
    gndcd402 wrote:

G-R-E-E-D

These shows would most likely sell out at $500 a pair. Fact is, while people (myself included) think these prices are a little on the high side, there are enough that will pay whatever it takes to ensure these smaller venues sell out.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    The ticket prices are maybe on the high side but it's the cost of traveling over to Manchester/London that effectively rules me out. Already going over in June for the band shows so you can imagine the look on the wife's face when I mentioned the ed shows!! Would have loved to have seen ed announce shows in Dublin and Glasgow as well, y'know spread the love? Ah well maybe next time! Good luck to everyone who is in the lottery!
  • Options
    foursymbolsfoursymbols Dublin Posts: 527
    The moaning on this forum sometimes :roll: I'm just delighted its another show I can possibly go to! After Canada last year wasn't expecting anything this year & now I'm seeing PJ 4 times & maybe Ed solo show!! Costing me a fortune in airfares but just gonna make it happen... :D
    'It's a sad and beautiful world' - Mark Linkous
  • Options
    MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    eladder wrote:
    To people crying please take a moment and think how ridiculous that is. Eddie toured a bunch in the US solo this past summer. THEN, Pj had an awesome anniversary fest that was not long ago. THEN, they toured canada. They also released an incredible movie. THEN, eddie did bridge school. Now, eddie is about to embark on more solo dates in the us. THEN, an incredible pj europe tour followed by more eddie solo shows in europe. Id bet there will be a new pj album sometime this fall and a US tour to follow that. And maybe some random us dates even sooner. Like, cmon. I also want to add that eddies solo shows dont get their due either. I personally find his shows to be as special as pj shows in many ways. Stop the nonsense.

:clap::clap::clap:

Amen!! :clap:
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • Options
    MissJam81 wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    MissJam81 wrote:
    Hi!!! CAN ANYBODY HELP ME PLEASE! iVE BEEN TRYING TO ENTER THE 10C DRAWING BUT BY THE END IT ONLY SHOWS ME THE BUTTON: PAY NOW. HOW DO I DO TO AUTHORIZE IT WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY?? :o THANKS !!!

click it and it just pre authorises payment
    Hey, thank you! I did that, but it says card error, I have put all the details in correctly, I just dunno why it wouldnt accept it :(

Sorted!!! sorry about my ignorance! hahaha :lol: thanks
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • Options
    The moaning on this forum sometimes :roll: I'm just delighted its another show I can possibly go to! After Canada last year wasn't expecting anything this year & now I'm seeing PJ 4 times & maybe Ed solo show!! Costing me a fortune in airfares but just gonna make it happen... :D

I feel exactly the same as u! Im just friggin grateful that Eddie is trying his best to play in every single country he can! I would pay anything to see him! Im just grateful... :D
    Wendy Testaburger

"
  • Options
    foursymbolsfoursymbols Dublin Posts: 527
    MissJam81 wrote:

I feel exactly the same as u! Im just friggin grateful that Eddie is trying his best to play in every single country he can! I would pay anything to see him! Im just grateful... :D

1269602956_dr-mccoy-and-captain-kirk-approve.gif
    'It's a sad and beautiful world' - Mark Linkous
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    i wish the ticket price was my problem....
    the problem is always need to travel and pay for hotel,flights to see the band...or Eddie now...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    TexicoTexico Posts: 122
    Does anyone know (who has been to Eddie's solo shows before) where the 10C tickets are seated 'normally'?
  • Options
    the problem is always need to travel and pay for hotel,flights to see the band...or Eddie now...

+1
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,294

+1
    +2
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    anybody else not get an email yet ?

i have not got the last few emails from 10c , i use my works email address for my 10c account but i think they must go to spam, i cant retrieve spam on my outlook :?
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • Options
    SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,990
    Entered draw for London - Eddie Vedder in London...THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D
    Nature drunk and High
  • Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    First I was so excited when I read that Eddy is coming to visit my country of Holland.
    But is it really true..that tickets cost so much: in euros it will be over 100 euros per ticket ???
    Are tickets in the USA also that expensive??
    I thought Eddy was more into the well being of the poor fans :(
  • Options
    Err did Tim announce a tour. This thread has turned into yet another let's be bitchy.

I'm over the moon Ed in the uk.

Can't wait for this. Going to be a good year seeing pj Eddie and friends

Thanks.

Ok you can go back to your moaning now
  • Options
    Final BowFinal Bow flying Posts: 488
    Err did Tim announce a tour. This thread has turned into yet another let's be bitchy.

I'm over the moon Ed in the uk.

Can't wait for this. Going to be a good year seeing pj Eddie and friends

1+
    Jun 05, 1992; Nov 04, 1996; Jun 09, 2000; Jun 26, 2000; Aug 29 2006, Sep 16, 2006; Sep 23, 2006; Sep 25, 2006; Sep 30, 2006; Jun 12, 2007; Jun 13, 2007; Jun 18, 2007; Jun 21, 2007; Jun 26, 2007; Jun 28, 2007; Jun 17, 2008; Jun 19, 2008; Jun 20; 2008; Jun 22, 2008; Jun 24, 2008; Jun 25, 2008; Aug 13, 2009; Aug 15; 2009; Aug 18, 2009; Oct 06, 2009; Oct 07, 2009; Oct 09, 2009; Jun 22; 2010; Jun 23, 2010; Jun 25, 2010; Jun 30, 2010; Sept 03, 2011; Sept 04, 2011; Sept 07, 2011; Sept 14, 2011; Sept 15, 2011; Jun 20 2012; Jun 21 2012; Jun 26 2012; Jun 27 2012; Jul 02 2012; Jul 04 2012; Jul 05 2012; Jul 07 2012; Jul 09 2012; Jul 10 2012; Oct 15 2013; Oct 16 2013; Oct 18 2013; Oct 19 2013; Oct 21 2013; Oct 22 2013; Jun 16 2014; Jun 17 2014; Jun 20 2014; Jun 22 2014; Jun 25 2014; Jun 26 2014; Jul 11 2014; Nov 14 2015; Nov 17 2015; Nov 20 2015; Nov 22 2015; Apr 16 2016; Apr 18 2016; Apr 20 2016; Apr 21 2016
  • Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    Hey sander_jam76 and others,

I so agree about those incredible high ticket prices. Can anybody tell my why that is?
    Also mij enthousiastic reaction dropped below zero and now I dont know if I should participate for the Amsterdam shows.

And indeed: the choice of seats. The purpose of being a paying fan, it seems to me, dont have that many advantages that I thought I would have :-(
    But in Amsterdam Carré, the venue is luckily small enough to have a good view from even the farthest seat, with only 2.000 seats.

Has anybody experienced an concert in Carré? And how is it?
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,867
    Cant wait for these shows.

The whining on this forum over the last few days has been jaw droppingly mental.
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,867
    gndcd402 wrote:

G-R-E-E-D

nice to see you are comparing apples with oranges.

why not use the price at the manchester shows at $156? why do you have to use the exception $284? without having a clue about the factors behind that? Oh yeah thats right - its just the usual nonsense presumptious bullshit that is becoming the norm here.

You know manchester is $156, London is $172 and amsterdam $284...

do you really think Ed sits there working these prices out himself? Do you think he thought I know lets screw amsterdam?

Fact is no one here as a clue as to why the price hikes in amsterdam. But I am pretty damn sure its not because Eddie decided he wanted to make a bit extra for himself.
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Cant wait for these shows.

The whining on this forum over the last few days has been jaw droppingly mental.

Agreed but I think the dutch have a valid complaint in their prices - 60.50 euros for Pearl Jam, over 100 for Eddie. The London and Manchester shows are priced about right.