Options

EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2012 EUROPE/ UK SOLO TOUR

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    derbydave wrote:
    Congrats to all the fans in Europe!!!

I'm kind of relieved that the tweet was for EV Europe shows...my wallet gets a little break!!!
    After buying tickets to 3 of Ed's solo shows here in the US...
    I need to save up some money for the next PJ Tour :ugeek:
    hope i can see you again to this tour :D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Very happy for everyone who can attend Eddie's solo concerts in Europe!! :D
    As someone else stated, these shows are very special, and I honestly enjoy them as much as the PJ concerts! :thumbup: :clap:
    "A beacon on dry land"
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,867
    philthehip wrote:

I think its fair to presume that a solo show is going to cost less than a full scale band tour and I think its over priced. If his solo is costing more to put on than PJ he needs better people around him to organise his shows.

You do realise these shows hold significantly less people? the venues take a cut, the promoters do, theres a crew to bring, management, etc

I for one am glad to have the chance to see him in an intimate setting and not at an arena.....its pretty simple to me to understand you will have to pay for that.
  • Options
    lost-doglost-dog Posts: 80
    philthehip wrote:
    Wow nice prices for a solo tour. Paying more for Eddie than PJ.

I have to stick to what I believe and what EV once did and not pay over the odds for a ticket.

Such a pity when a guy does a 360 on his values.

You mean 180? 360 would be full circle, right back to where you started, right? ;)

Haha yes I think 180 is right!! I stand by it though. I guess we can all suffer from greed at times.[/quote]

To be honest until you know whats involved and the logistics of such a tour, this is an incredibly presumptious and ignorant statement.[/quote]

I think its fair to presume that a solo show is going to cost less than a full scale band tour and I think its over priced. If his solo is costing more to put on than PJ he needs better people around him to organise his shows.[/quote]

i agree with philthehip...
    if theres so much involved in a tour (which i don't doubt, but) how is it possible then, that other musicians tour and want not even half the price.....i remember reading that bob dylan tickets were sold for about 40 last year and i mean, PJ worked so hard against ticketmaster and everything to get cheaper prices and now they want so much for an EV solo tour? no thanks.. i don't think i'd go even if i had the money :DDD
  • Options
    philthehipphilthehip Posts: 2,084
    pdalowsky wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

I think its fair to presume that a solo show is going to cost less than a full scale band tour and I think its over priced. If his solo is costing more to put on than PJ he needs better people around him to organise his shows.

You do realise these shows hold significantly less people? the venues take a cut, the promoters do, theres a crew to bring, management, etc

I for one am glad to have the chance to see him in an intimate setting and not at an arena.....its pretty simple to me to understand you will have to pay for that.

Oh yeah I totally understand all that, just for me its too high. I am certainly happy for all the people who will see his shows including some very good friends of mine. Enjoy your shows.
  • Options
    philthehip wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    philthehip wrote:

Oh yeah I totally understand all that, just for me its too high. I am certainly happy for all the people who will see his shows including some very good friends of mine. Enjoy your shows.

Thanks Phil, why am i so defensive ? god knows

but I believe Ed treats those around him extremely well, he makes sure his people are happy - and well looked after.....that I guess costs a lot. But thats why his people have been with him since day one.
  • Options
    MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    pdalowsky wrote:
    MissJam81 wrote:
    Hi!!! CAN ANYBODY HELP ME PLEASE! iVE BEEN TRYING TO ENTER THE 10C DRAWING BUT BY THE END IT ONLY SHOWS ME THE BUTTON: PAY NOW. HOW DO I DO TO AUTHORIZE IT WITHOUT HAVING TO PAY?? :o THANKS !!!

click it and it just pre authorises payment
    Hey, thank you! I did that, but it says card error, I have put all the details in correctly, I just dunno why it wouldnt accept it :(
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • Options
    Life Long PearL Jam Fan Forever!!...Let's be honest here people..The Ed solo stuff is becoming WEAK!! ... We are on here to wait for PEARL JAM TOUR Info....I wait to hear about a Madison Square Garden upcoming show from the Worlds Greatest Rock N Roll Band to once again feel the ground shaking from underneath me like I have every show I've been to at the worlds most famous arena.....Nothing will beat The Last Show there in May 2010....I've been to 31 Pearl Jam shows and God Willing many more....but i'm a Pearl Jam Fan with Ed as the lead of a Great Rock N Roll Band ....... Not a Solo Performer!
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Silver lining US fans....we can make full summer plans now and make our families happy! :D
  • Options
    Life Long PearL Jam Fan Forever!!...Let's be honest here people..The Ed solo stuff is becoming WEAK!! ... We are on here to wait for PEARL JAM TOUR Info....I wait to hear about a Madison Square Garden upcoming show from the Worlds Greatest Rock N Roll Band to once again feel the ground shaking from underneath me like I have every show I've been to at the worlds most famous arena.....Nothing will beat The Last Show there in May 2010....I've been to 31 Pearl Jam shows and God Willing many more....but i'm a Pearl Jam Fan with Ed as the lead of a Great Rock N Roll Band ....... Not a Solo Performer!

you do understand not every one has had 4 ed ved solo tours yeah?

some of us havent experienced that....

we;re rather looking forward to it....is that so hard to grasp?
  • Options
    Have to say the presale sounds a bit of a ballache.

Will the Manchester be a standing show or all seated? If it's standing i'd rather take my chances on the general sale for a standing ticket - seats at the apollo are balcony so unless they have the seats downstairs no real bonus to getting "good seats".

As for the price, well it's another stretch. I dont begrudge the band/EV making some money but after laying out £250 at Christmas £50 a ticket is steep.

Will it be a full band show (backing band I mean) or just Eddie and his yook?

If it seems im moaning, maybe I am, ill still enjoy it :)
  • Options
    ellyn27ellyn27 Posts: 165
    $284 for a pair of tickets in Amsterdam?!?!?!?!?!?! Is this guy f'n kidding me?????????????????

I was all set to enter the drawing and then I fell over in my chair when the price came up. Holy crap eddie!!! I guess I have been out of the solo-show loop but WOW WOW WOW that is expensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just to put it in perspective, tickets to Alpine were only slightly higher for TWO DAYS OF SHOWS and A TON MORE BANDS. I understand the intimate setting blah blah - of course I want to go! But oh man! I'm sorry but I'm shocked right now.
    My whole life... like a picture on a sunny day...

~*~Rotterdam August 13 2009~*~Bilbao July 9 2010~*~East Troy September 3 & 4 2011~*~Amsterdam June 26 & 27 2012~*~Stockholm July 7 2012~*~
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    Good luck for all of you for tickets!
  • Options
    yoyoyoyo France Posts: 313
    paris zenith 1996 : 137frs=20.90€=27.47$ :roll: :shock: :mrgreen: :?:
    1996-PARIS
    2000-PARIS
    2006-ANVERS-MARSEILLE-PARIS
    2007-LONDRES-NIJMEGEN-WERCHTER
    2008-ED SOLO-LOS ANGELES1-LOS ANGELES2
    2009-LONDRES
    2010-DUBLIN-ARRAS
    2012-AMSTERDAM1-ARRAS-STOCKHOLM-OSLO-COPENHAGUE
    2014-MILAN
    2017-ED SOLO-AMSTERDAM1
    2018-ROME
    2022-PARIS-AMSTERDAM1(Canceled)-AMSTERDAM2
    2024-BERLIN1-BERLIN2-BARCELONE1-BARCELONE2
  • Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,876
    :clap: to all the folks across the pond :) . eV playing small theaters in the old world = good times. Best of luck getting tickets!
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    jjflash wrote:
    :clap: to all the folks across the pond :) . eV playing small theaters in the old world = good times. Best of luck getting tickets!

No doubt about it!!
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    yoyo wrote:
    paris zenith 1996 : 137frs=20.90€=27.47$ :roll: :shock: :mrgreen: :?:
    things change...At 96 i had sex 3 days in the row with out water..now im a quality guy... :lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Come on, it's nice of you to defent Eddie, but these prices are simply ridiculous.
    The Amsterdam theater holds around 2,000 people.
    Two nights equals 4,000 fans total in attendance.
    That makes a gross of about €380,000 ($500,000) for both nights.
    As you wrote, Vedder has expenses, although I can't imagine his crew being very big since it's Ed and his Uke.
    But what's left over should be more than enough.

I paid €49 for a ticket for Chris Cornell in Paris in an even smaller venue, one of the best places in the house (2nd row floor seat).
    Guess Cornell doesn't need the money that bad... :roll:
  • Options
    Wow! Great news. What a summer in store!

Can we confirm that the general sale is 23rd of March?
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    iamicaiamica Chicago Posts: 2,628
    Congrats Europe/UK! It's a small solo tour, but I'm glad you guys finally got one.
    (And I'm relieved that they haven't announced anything here yet...I'm still paying off PJ20.) :? :lol:
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • Options
    shaynessshayness Posts: 19
    ive tried every link possible why isnt it taking me to the entry form ? getting frustrated now!!!!!! help
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    Anyone know if the UK dates are going to be all seated?
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    At least they gave me an erection for 2 days...now its blue balls
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    shayness wrote:
    ive tried every link possible why isnt it taking me to the entry form ? getting frustrated now!!!!!! help

If you already have a paypal account, at least for the US shows, you did not need to fill out a form since all your info is already loaded.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Pry ToPry To Posts: 285
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Come on, it's nice of you to defent Eddie, but these prices are simply ridiculous.
    The Amsterdam theater holds around 2,000 people.
    Two nights equals 4,000 fans total in attendance.
    That makes a gross of about €380,000 ($500,000) for both nights.
    As you wrote, Vedder has expenses, although I can't imagine his crew being very big since it's Ed and his Uke.
    But what's left over should be more than enough.

I paid €49 for a ticket for Chris Cornell in Paris in an even smaller venue, one of the best places in the house (2nd row floor seat).
    Guess Cornell doesn't need the money that bad... :roll:

I just bought tix for Brian Jonestown Massacre in Amsterdam (night after PJ -- check 'em out!) for €12.50 per ticket. And that's a whole band. Just sayin'. Congrats to the folks who are going to see Ed. I wouldn't mind checking out one of his solo shows at some point (I'll be in Europe for PJ and could make it happen) but those prices strike me as pretty steep under nearly any circumstances, especially for the people who are going to get stuck way in the back. First ten rows, fine, but man, that's expensive for any show, and really expensive for an EV solo show, IMO. Still cool that he's touring Europe solo and I'm sure the shows will be great. But worth that kind of money? Hmmm, no thanks.
    Los Angeles - Sep 11, 1992
    Memphis - Aug 15, 2000
    Chicago - May 16, 2006
    Chicago - Aug 23-24, 2009
    Columbus - May 6, 2010
    Noblesville - May 7, 2010
    Manchester - June 20-21, 2012
    Amsterdam - June 26-27, 2012
    Berlin - July 4-5, 2012
  • Options
    simonortonsimonorton Posts: 173
    pearlhawk wrote:
    Usually tweets are for new tours, etc.

It IS a new tour. Despite what some of our America cousins might think, Europe isn't a part of the USA. Ergo ... new tour.

:D
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    DS1119 wrote:
    philthehip wrote:
    Wow nice prices for a solo tour. Paying more for Eddie than PJ.

I have to stick to what I believe and what EV once did and not pay over the odds for a ticket.

Such a pity when a guy does a 360 on his values.

I would assume you mean 180.

:lol:
  • Options
    strummers wrote:
    Anyone know if the UK dates are going to be all seated?

I doubt the apollo in Manchester would be all seated.
  • Options
    JammittJammitt Posts: 37
    shayness wrote:

Happening to me too. Can't find the link that will take me to Paypal :oops:
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    it's been a long wait... Enjoy!!! :D