EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2012 EUROPE/ UK SOLO TOUR

Comments

• Options
    RideRick wrote:
    Carre Amsterdam..

that will be a great venue to see Eddie up close and personal

CarreAmsterdam.jpg
    wow!!!!!!

Beatiful,what is the capacity in this theatre?
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    RideRick wrote:
    Carre Amsterdam..

CarreAmsterdam.jpg
    really beautiful theater..!!!love the name of it too...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    IM SO EXCITED I MIGHT WEE MY PANTS!!! :lol:
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • Options
    fireladiefireladie Posts: 36
    going mad here, following presale links & getting nowhere? where is the tour list, where is the paypal forms. ARRGHHH!!! is there something wrong with my browser ?
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,605
    fireladie wrote:
    going mad here, following presale links & getting nowhere? where is the tour list, where is the paypal forms. ARRGHHH!!! is there something wrong with my browser ?

All links to paypal are on the email sent by 10c - check your junk and spam folders!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    yoyoyoyo France Posts: 313
    If Paris is coming please say it now !!!!! so pleaseeee !!!!
    1996-PARIS
    2000-PARIS
    2006-ANVERS-MARSEILLE-PARIS
    2007-LONDRES-NIJMEGEN-WERCHTER
    2008-ED SOLO-LOS ANGELES1-LOS ANGELES2
    2009-LONDRES
    2010-DUBLIN-ARRAS
    2012-AMSTERDAM1-ARRAS-STOCKHOLM-OSLO-COPENHAGUE
    2014-MILAN
    2017-ED SOLO-AMSTERDAM1
    2018-ROME
    2022-PARIS-AMSTERDAM1(Canceled)-AMSTERDAM2
    2024-BERLIN1-BERLIN2-BARCELONE1-BARCELONE2
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    Wow, the Amsterdam venue is super-beautiful...I just HAVE to be there! Will enter for both Amsterdam shows.

Still wondering if I should enter for Manchester too...I'll be going, but I figured that one would be easier to do with public sale, as the venue's bigger?
    London prices are nuts. Plus I'm already going there at the end of August, so I'll have to skip that.
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    Ever looked at what a liter of oj costs in Europe? How about a pint and some curry?

Ed has a wife and kids who either stay a million miles away back at home or lug their lives around the world, living in hotels so he can perform for us. The guy could easily retire in Hawaii and never be heard from again. Getting to see him perform in an intimate setting is a real treat.

In 1996 you had to BUY an album to enjoy it. Artists actually made a good living when their work was released. Touring was just gravy and tickets were cheap. I'm willing to bet less than 10% of people actually go out and buy/legally download albums anymore. I could see PJ for $24 bucks in '96 but guess what? It also only cost $14 to fill my gas tank too. Yesterday I spent $90 at the pump.

The choice is simple. Either cut back on a few things like a cup of coffee a week and go see your favorite front man...or don't. No one is forcing you to go. If tickets were 20 or 30 bucks there'd be chaos and massive outrage from fans that didn't get their tickets fast enough. I don't know about you but I'd 100 times over rather go see Ed sing his heart out in a little venue and pay a bit more to do it than go to some stadium and be 200 feet away to save a few bucks.
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    $150 is a lot of money for a ticket for any artist. The reasons named above apply to all bands/artists, and most do not charge this much. With that said, I've spent much more on individual EV solo shows and PJ shows when you factor in airfare, mileage, lodging, rental car, etc. Seeing your favorite artist perform isn't just about the money..it's about the experience and the good time you're having during the show. It's about hanging out with people at the preparty. Is it a lot of money for a ticket? Definitely...but if you can afford it and and you love Ed's solo material then go and you will not be disappointed!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    fireladiefireladie Posts: 36
    fireladie wrote:

All links to paypal are on the email sent by 10c - check your junk and spam folders!

Thanks jonbond, my brain had gone into scramble-to-get-tickets-stress melt down, once i got onto paypal it was scramble-to-find-some-credit-somewhere-stress . stupid stress. stupid austerity. fingers crossed & good luck everyone. x
  • Options
    Seems I caused a stir with my comment on the $284 price. Did not mean too: I concur that it is great to see Eddie Vedder playing solo in Europe, smashing even ! But there is a simple fact of the venue offering prices for 60-70 euros for other artists, and 110 (almost) for EV. I also concur that posting the fact that it is $284 and expressing dismay on a fan forum is not best practice - and I too have paid much much more to see PJ at Alpine Valley last year (coming from The Netherlands). So for the true true EV fans it must be a treat ! For all the other 'just true' fans (including me): we can make room for those fans @ Carre by buying one more CD of EV iso going to the show :) Have a blast !
    Wrigley 1 + 2 '16, Amsterdam '14, (Wrigley '13), Amsterdam '12, PJ20 Alpine '11, Chi '09, DC, June '08, MSG#1, June '08, Nijmegen, The Netherlands '07, Arnhem, The Netherlands '06
  • Options
    MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    fireladie wrote:
    fireladie wrote:

Thanks jonbond, my brain had gone into scramble-to-get-tickets-stress melt down, once i got onto paypal it was scramble-to-find-some-credit-somewhere-stress . stupid stress. stupid austerity. fingers crossed & good luck everyone. x

I thought I was the only one misreading things from the nerves and excitement!!! Good luck to everyone! OOOOOoooooh Im excited!!!
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • Options
    IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    that's the problem.
    Those people who think that the prices aren't too bad. This way fans keep buying tickets no matter how much the prices are, so they can rise and rise.
    I guess I am too old fashioned in this matter?

I know what you are saying....

however have you been to a football match recently? at old Trafford most seats cost £50 these days, or have you been to a theatre show? been to the races? Have you even been golfing on a reasonable course?

when you consider this, paying £50 for 2hrs of seeing your favourite artist, arguably one of the finest around really cant be considered too bad.

We cant pay what we did in 1994 anymore. Thats just not how the world is.

although it would be nice.

If i wander into town for some beers and a curry afterwards, I'll guarantee I'll come home 80 notes lighter, yet i know which night i would enjoy more

OK....

My point is this...

Pearl Jam are a band of 5 1/2 (Boom being the half). I pay about £60 to see them ALL.

ALL!!!!!!!

Now my maths says 60 divided by 5.5= 10.90.

So rounded up to 11 we should be paying £11. It's only right if you divide by 5.5.

And I'm forced to buy 2 tickets!!! What if I have no friends? How would that make me feel? That's just thoughtless and Eddie is meant to be caring!

You bring up football, Paul. Well, does Eddie run around? Do stepovers? Nutmeg people? Has he mastered the art of blowing his nose, both nostrils simultaneously the moment the camera is on him? No! Not once on Water On The Road.

Giggs, Rooney et al do all this AND sing. A limited repetroire I grant you(campiones,campiones) but you see my point. And will Eddie ever boycott the BBC because they accuse Stone of taking a bung? Or come off stage saying...fucking hell! Music eh?

No.

As for the it's not '94 argument. I think we all got that memo! It's 2012 and we're all entitled to pay very little for a performer we'd all love to see on his first solo tour in Europe just...because...we...want....it!!!!

I want to pay £11 because I do or else I'm pouting.

So there.
    Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • Options
    Okay this is awesome. Gonna have to try in the public sale as well as pre-sale. Just in case. :D
    "the haves have not a clue"
  • Options
    RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    eddies-shitty-album-cover.jpg
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    sheri zonasheri zona Makai Side Posts: 356
    *Has he mastered the art of blowing his nose, both nostrils simultaneously the moment the camera is on him? No! Not once on Water On The Road.*

I'd pay an extra 10 bucks to ensure this *didn't* happen :lol:
    in an underwater nation...near chinamans hat
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 551
    dont really get why US fans are saying congrats, if we're being honest you'd rather be seeing pearl jam/ed solo over random people on a message board. guess we need to wait until the fall.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,555
    RideRick wrote:
    Carre Amsterdam..

CarreAmsterdam.jpg

WOW!! That looks like a hell-of-a-place to see Eddie. The place looks like a place he played in Newark, New Jersey.
  • Options
    I'm new to to the 10cc, i've had a membership before but before the internet. That sentance does sound like a skull fuck I know. The luddite in me must break loose and ask any of you good folk for a pm of any spare uk solo tickets. I don't know if this is the right forum. I'm stepping on virgin territory here, i'm just a huge fan of the band and have all the music. Would love to see the solo tour, have both tickets to the pj manchester event if anyone is interested in taliking PJ and drinking a few fairly savage beers, harah krishna Jack x
    “Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne.” C'est la vie
  • Options
    PJTebbyPJTebby Posts: 5
    WOW!!! Lucky me, heading across the pond to visit family at the same time as the shows!!! I'll be close to London, so now I ask the questions what's the chances I get tix for that show?? Or should I put in for all? and hope I can get one of the show's? Just can't afford everything!!!!! Prob no chance to get more then one show if I put in for all eh?? Thanx for any info!!
    Let's just breathe!
  • Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    Hi there
    I am a pretty recent member from Holland and dont complete understand the rules for the drawing of EV shows.

One of the rules says:
    Please do not enter the drawing for any show that you are not prepared to pay for and attend.

but later on another rule says:
    If any of the Ten Club ticket allotment remains once all eligible names are drawn for each show, these will be made available to members who have already been selected for tickets to one show on the tour. In this instance, your name will be re-entered in a drawing for all additional shows for which you submitted a drawing entry that still have tickets available. (EXAMPLE: You entered the drawing for the 7/25, 7/26 and 7/28 shows. You are selected to purchase a pair of tickets to the 7/25 show in Amsterdam. Ten Club has remaining tickets for the 7/28 show in London. Your name will be re-entered in the drawing and may be selected to purchase a pair of tickets to that show.)

But I cannot and do not desire to go to a London show, only to the Amsterdam show(s).
    Does that mean that I cannot enter for the Amsterdam show(s) either, just in case I win and might also be drawn for a far away show???

Thank you very much for explaining this contradiction !
  • Options
    rikfwrikfw Posts: 24
    always wanted to see a Eddy show. I hope te get tickets from the draiwing so i can see him in the most beautifull theatre CARRE!
    What a summer. PJ and Eddy in a row.
    Cant wait
    Nijmegen 2007, Rotterdam 2009. Nijmegen 2010, Amsterdam 2012, Amsterdam Ed-show 2012.
  • Options
    Why do we, fans that win the tickets, get random seats, although paying over 108 euros? and the venue itself sells the best seats for 100 euros and the not so good seats for 85 euros??
  • Options
    chimechime Posts: 7,838
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    Hi there
    I am a pretty recent member from Holland and dont complete understand the rules for the drawing of EV shows.

One of the rules says:
    Please do not enter the drawing for any show that you are not prepared to pay for and attend.

but later on another rule says:
    If any of the Ten Club ticket allotment remains once all eligible names are drawn for each show, these will be made available to members who have already been selected for tickets to one show on the tour. In this instance, your name will be re-entered in a drawing for all additional shows for which you submitted a drawing entry that still have tickets available. (EXAMPLE: You entered the drawing for the 7/25, 7/26 and 7/28 shows. You are selected to purchase a pair of tickets to the 7/25 show in Amsterdam. Ten Club has remaining tickets for the 7/28 show in London. Your name will be re-entered in the drawing and may be selected to purchase a pair of tickets to that show.)

But I cannot and do not desire to go to a London show, only to the Amsterdam show(s).
    Does that mean that I cannot enter for the Amsterdam show(s) either, just in case I win and might also be drawn for a far away show???

Thank you very much for explaining this contradiction !

You cannot be drawn for a show which you haven't applied for. It says you can be drawn for additonal shows 'for which you submitted a drawing entry'. You will not have submitted an entry for London and therefore could not be drawn for it.

Hope that helps.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
  • Options
    OK I see now I understand. Thank you so much for the helpful explanation.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,439
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    Why do we, fans that win the tickets, get random seats, although paying over 108 euros? and the venue itself sells the best seats for 100 euros and the not so good seats for 85 euros??

Is that the price before or after fees? Tickets are scattered throughout the venue...that's just how the EV shows work.
  • Options
    that's a good one, maybe indeed the price before the fees.
    A pity that it works like that, but life is hard sometimes ;)
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,510
    sheri zona wrote:
    Ever looked at what a liter of oj costs in Europe? How about a pint and some curry?

Ed has a wife and kids who either stay a million miles away back at home or lug their lives around the world, living in hotels so he can perform for us. The guy could easily retire in Hawaii and never be heard from again. Getting to see him perform in an intimate setting is a real treat.

In 1996 you had to BUY an album to enjoy it. Artists actually made a good living when their work was released. Touring was just gravy and tickets were cheap. I'm willing to bet less than 10% of people actually go out and buy/legally download albums anymore. I could see PJ for $24 bucks in '96 but guess what? It also only cost $14 to fill my gas tank too. Yesterday I spent $90 at the pump.

The choice is simple. Either cut back on a few things like a cup of coffee a week and go see your favorite front man...or don't. No one is forcing you to go. If tickets were 20 or 30 bucks there'd be chaos and massive outrage from fans that didn't get their tickets fast enough. I don't know about you but I'd 100 times over rather go see Ed sing his heart out in a little venue and pay a bit more to do it than go to some stadium and be 200 feet away to save a few bucks.
    Very well said.
  • Options
    JanetWeissJanetWeiss Posts: 231
    sheri zona wrote:
    The choice is simple. Either cut back on a few things like a cup of coffee a week and go see your favorite front man...or don't. No one is forcing you to go.

True. And I'm not going.
    I think I'm allowed to have an opinion on how much things cost these days, how much I need them, how much prices are justified and so on.
    These shows are getting too expensive imho, pushed by the market or for whatever reason.
    This whole thing is just crossing the line for me.
    Roma
    Bologna, Verona, Milano, Torino, Pistoia
    London, Dusseldorf, Scheessel, Copenhagen
    New York, New York
    Rotterdam, Berlin, Manchester, London
    Dublin, Belfast, London, Venice
    Alpine Valley
    Berlin I, Berlin II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    Berlin, Milan
    Boston I, Boston II
    (London I, London II, Milan, Padova, Roma, Werchter)
  • Options
    RedMosquito22RedMosquito22 Posts: 8,158
    dont really get why US fans are saying congrats, if we're being honest you'd rather be seeing pearl jam/ed solo over random people on a message board. guess we need to wait until the fall.

I'm honestly happy for them. I have so many shows coming up that I can wait. I honestly don't want another tour in the US before the new album drops. There are only so many shows off of Backspacer I can take. I need something new in the mix.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....