Options

EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2012 EUROPE/ UK SOLO TOUR

Comments

• Options
    lost-doglost-dog Posts: 80
    JanetWeiss wrote:
    True. And I'm not going.
    I think I'm allowed to have an opinion on how much things cost these days, how much I need them, how much prices are justified and so on.
    These shows are getting too expensive imho, pushed by the market or for whatever reason.
    This whole thing is just crossing the line for me.

agreed...this is just too much...especially when you look at the history of the band and their former initiation for the fans to get ticktets for acceptable prices..
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,748
    IamTom wrote:
    pdalowsky wrote:
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    that's the problem.
    Those people who think that the prices aren't too bad. This way fans keep buying tickets no matter how much the prices are, so they can rise and rise.
    I guess I am too old fashioned in this matter?

I know what you are saying....

however have you been to a football match recently? at old Trafford most seats cost £50 these days, or have you been to a theatre show? been to the races? Have you even been golfing on a reasonable course?

when you consider this, paying £50 for 2hrs of seeing your favourite artist, arguably one of the finest around really cant be considered too bad.

We cant pay what we did in 1994 anymore. Thats just not how the world is.

although it would be nice.

If i wander into town for some beers and a curry afterwards, I'll guarantee I'll come home 80 notes lighter, yet i know which night i would enjoy more

OK....

My point is this...

Pearl Jam are a band of 5 1/2 (Boom being the half). I pay about £60 to see them ALL.

ALL!!!!!!!

Now my maths says 60 divided by 5.5= 10.90.

So rounded up to 11 we should be paying £11. It's only right if you divide by 5.5.

And I'm forced to buy 2 tickets!!! What if I have no friends? How would that make me feel? That's just thoughtless and Eddie is meant to be caring!

You bring up football, Paul. Well, does Eddie run around? Do stepovers? Nutmeg people? Has he mastered the art of blowing his nose, both nostrils simultaneously the moment the camera is on him? No! Not once on Water On The Road.

Giggs, Rooney et al do all this AND sing. A limited repetroire I grant you(campiones,campiones) but you see my point. And will Eddie ever boycott the BBC because they accuse Stone of taking a bung? Or come off stage saying...fucking hell! Music eh?

No.

As for the it's not '94 argument. I think we all got that memo! It's 2012 and we're all entitled to pay very little for a performer we'd all love to see on his first solo tour in Europe just...because...we...want....it!!!!

I want to pay £11 because I do or else I'm pouting.

So there.

:lol::lol:
  • Options
    MissJam81MissJam81 Posts: 1,878
    yOU HAVE TO LOVE THIS MAN! LEGEND!!! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zal4Oj8fhX8
    Wendy Testaburger

" we're going to take this to some level that people aren't going to forget... and if that means risking your life, we're going to do it!..." EV

"
  • Options
    Twiggy57Twiggy57 Posts: 136
    I wished that more people think the way janetweis and lost dog are thinking. That might get the prices at a normal payable level for poor fans. And indeed like lost dog stated, what happened to the idealist Eddie who, in the early days, didnt agree to the high prices and therefor gave free concerts?
  • Options
    If I would know for sure that the seats are the best you will get with participating the competition, then I would go for it. But like I understand now, you could even sit all the way on the highest and far away seats for that money.
    Can anybody tell me if that happened to them?
    I hardly dare to take that chance actually.
  • Options
    The_Giant_MidgetThe_Giant_Midget Los Angeles Posts: 550
    dont really get why US fans are saying congrats, if we're being honest you'd rather be seeing pearl jam/ed solo over random people on a message board. guess we need to wait until the fall.

I'm honestly happy for them. I have so many shows coming up that I can wait. I honestly don't want another tour in the US before the new album drops. There are only so many shows off of Backspacer I can take. I need something new in the mix.

i agree with you in the sense that i dont want backspacer anymore, in fact id rather a tour like '05 where it wasnt in support of an album. but id be lying if i said im happy for europeans getting a solo tour while i have nothing. and no im not traveling.
    Beacon '08
    Philly 2-4 '09
    Newark '10
    MSG 1+2 '10
    E.V. Beacon 1+2 '11
    Made in America Festival '12
    Worcester 1+2 '13
    Brooklyn 1+2 '13
    Global Citizens Festival '15
    MSG 1+2 '16
    Fenway Park 1+2 '16
    Ohana '17
    Home Shows 1+2 '18
    Ohana '18
    Ohana '19
    Sea Hear Now '21
    Ohana '21
    LA 1+2 '22
    Austin 1+2 '23
    Ohana '23
    Vegas 1+2 '24
    LA 1+2 '24
  • Options
    UKpearljammerUKpearljammer Bath, UK Posts: 910
    Sorry if this has been posted before but I did a search and couldn't find anything on it. Anyway I have an existing paypal account and when I click on the show link it doesn't take me to a form to complete, but instead takes me directly to the 'Your Order Summary' with the price of the tickets underneath it on the left hand side and my email is on the right. Do I simply enter my password to proceed? I'm worried about doing the wrong thing and invalidating my ticket order!

Anyone who knows what to do here, your help would be greatly appreciated!

My PJ shows:
    London 28/10/96, Las Vegas 11/7/98, London 29/5/00, Nurnburg 11/6/00, Prague 14/6/00, Salzburg 18/6/00, Verona 20/6/00, Milan 22/6/00, Zurich 23/6/00, New York 8-9/7/03, Boston 11/7/03, Reading Festival 27/8/06, Shepards Bush 11/8/09, Berlin 15/8/09, Manchester 17/8/09, London 18/8/09, Dublin 22/6/10, Belfast 23/6/10, London (HRC) 25/6/10, Alpine Valley (PJ20) 3-4/9/11, Manchester 20-21/6/12, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14 To be continued....
  • Options
    DercheefDercheef Germany Posts: 732
    Sorry if this has been posted before but I did a search and couldn't find anything on it. Anyway I have an existing paypal account and when I click on the show link it doesn't take me to a form to complete, but instead takes me directly to the 'Your Order Summary' with the price of the tickets underneath it on the left hand side and my email is on the right. Do I simply enter my password to proceed? I'm worried about doing the wrong thing and invalidating my ticket order!

Anyone who knows what to do here, your help would be greatly appreciated!

I did it like this and got a paypal confirmation email afterwards, so I guess it's ok to just fill in your password.
    2006:Arnhem,Bern,Berlin
    2007:München,Düsseldorf,Nijmegen
    2008:NY1,NY2,Mansfield1,Mansfield2
    2009:London,Rotterdam,Berlin,Manchester,London
    2010:NY1,NY2,Dublin,Belfast,Berlin
    2011:PJ20,Montreal,TorontoI+II,Hamilton
    2012:Amsterdam I+II, Prague, Berlin I+II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen
    2013: Phoenix, San Diego, LA I+II, Oakland
    2014: Amsterdam I+II, Vienna, Berlin
    2016: Philly I+II, MSG I+II
  • Options
    boothmanboothman Posts: 87
    Does anybody in the UK know how the 02 presale works?..It starts wed 23 & I'm on 02
  • Options
    Kirsten87Kirsten87 Posts: 78
    RideRick wrote:
    Carre Amsterdam..

that will be a great venue to see Eddie up close and personal

CarreAmsterdam.jpg

It's a beautiful place!

Unfortunately, I'm not a PJ-member anymore, so I have to buy tickets friday the 23rd... The LiveNation system is horrible! It's never able to handle the huge amount of users online and so you get kicked out of the waiting line time after time :evil:
    With that, I'm also still in doubt because of the ridicolous price... €85-€100 without service costs... :shock:
    august 2006: Arnhem
    june 2007: Nijmegen
    august 2009: Rotterdam
    june 2012: Amsterdam
    june 2014: Amsterdam
  • Options
    sheri zona wrote:
    If tickets were 20 or 30 bucks there'd be chaos and massive outrage from fans that didn't get their tickets fast enough.

The weird thing is...the massive outrage is also going to happen with these ridiculous prices! I'm one of those fans who's agitated by the high prices for Amsterdam, but I know for sure, that when I decide to by tickets, it'll be a hell of a job! The two PJ shows in Amsterdam this year sold out within the hour and there were 34.000 tickets available! Carré Theater only has 4000 tickets for two shows. The website of LiveNation is going to crash sooner than I can say "Eddie Vedder".
  • Options
    Can anybody tell me, if we are lucky and win the drawing, when we can pick up the tickets or do they get send to us? Because I have to buy 2 tickets but all my friends do not want to spend that kind of money so I am left with one ticket that I maybe can make some rich fan happy with.
  • Options
    Kirsten87 wrote:
    sheri zona wrote:
    If tickets were 20 or 30 bucks there'd be chaos and massive outrage from fans that didn't get their tickets fast enough.

The weird thing is...the massive outrage is also going to happen with these ridiculous prices! I'm one of those fans who's agitated by the high prices for Amsterdam, but I know for sure, that when I decide to by tickets, it'll be a hell of a job! The two PJ shows in Amsterdam this year sold out within the hour and there were 34.000 tickets available! Carré Theater only has 4000 tickets for two shows. The website of LiveNation is going to crash sooner than I can say "Eddie Vedder".

Yes it is a horrible system. I do wish sooooo much for the good and more honest old times, that you can park in front of the postoffice with your sleeping bag and coffee the evening before..........and then be sure you can buy your tickets.
  • Options
    Twiggy57 wrote:

Yes it is a horrible system. I do wish sooooo much for the good and more honest old times, that you can park in front of the postoffice with your sleeping bag and coffee the evening before..........and then be sure you can buy your tickets.

The good ol' days.. That was awesome! And so much fun! Spending the night and early morning with a group of fans :)
  • Options
    HEXHEX Posts: 222
    Twiggy57 wrote:
    Can anybody tell me, if we are lucky and win the drawing, when we can pick up the tickets or do they get send to us? Because I have to buy 2 tickets but all my friends do not want to spend that kind of money so I am left with one ticket that I maybe can make some rich fan happy with.

Tickets can be picked up at the venue the day of the show. You'll get more info from 10c a few weeks before the show.

I'm not rich, far from that, but I would gladly take your spare ticket :D
  • Options
    motorcademotorcade Posts: 108
    boothman wrote:
    Does anybody in the UK know how the 02 presale works?..It starts wed 23 & I'm on 02

I'm with O2 and I notice that, at present, they only have the Manchester show available for pre sale on Wednesday 23rd...I was hoping for London too, but I guess there's still time for it to be added.

O2 pre sales usually go through ticketmaster and the tickets are sold on first come, first served basis. For this event the tickets will, no doubt, be of a limited number. The tickets aren't always the "best available" but as I'm sure these shows will sell out fast, you may have a better chance of scoring one here rather than waiting for the general sale on the Friday.
    I changed by not changing at all, small town predicts my fate...

Dublin, 23-08-06; London, 18-06-07; London, 18-08-09; London, 25-06-10; Manchester, 20-06-12; Manchester, 21-06-12; EV London, 30-07-12; EV London, 31-07-12
  • Options
    RideRickRideRick Hoorn Posts: 703
    Kirsten87 wrote:
    Twiggy57 wrote:

The good ol' days.. That was awesome! And so much fun! Spending the night and early morning with a group of fans :)
    :lol:

I had a friend working with the Postoffice and we always got the tickets first.
    Best system ever 8-):D
    | Pinkpop 1992 *BEST EVER | Rotterdam 1993 | Amsterdam 1996 | Pinkpop 2000 | Arnhem 2006 | Nijmegen 2007 | Rotterdam 2009 | Nijmegen 2010 | Amsterdam I + II 2012 ** | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2012 First European Concert *EPIC*| Amsterdam I + II 2014 | Amsterdam Eddie Vedder Solo 2016 night I  | Amsterdam I + II 2018 | Amsterdam I -> Canceled  +  II 2022 *EPIC
  • Options
    melbourneflowermelbourneflower Posts: 263
    edited March 2012
    Just got an email from HMV (who own the venue) - it says there are two Ed shows at Hammersmith Apollo
    - 30 & 31st July.

Public onsale is 23 March 2012
    Post edited by melbourneflower on
  • Options
    Hammersmith Apollo
    - 30 & 31st July.
    Public onsale is 23 August 2012

Now Ed really IS taking the piss :P
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    Hammersmith Apollo
    - 30 & 31st July.
    Public onsale is 23 August 2012

Now Ed really IS taking the piss :P

Ha - sorry Chris - typed wrong date in excitement!! :D
  • Options
    smcleishsmcleish Oxford Posts: 137
    Yep, two, London shows (unless there's been a mix-up)!!! :D

here's the bit from HMV Apollo...

ITB presents
    Eddie Vedder
    Mon 30 & Tue 31 Jul
    *** On Sale Fri 23 Mar ***
    Eddie Vedder will bring his acclaimed solo show to Europe for the first time this summer with two very special nights at the hmv Apollo. On the heels of his Grammy Award Winning 'Into The Wild' soundtrack release, make sure to catch him live in Concert in the UK this July.
  • Options
    JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    Hmmmm... I'm getting the "night 2 is always better than night 1 feeling", and wishing I hadn't entered the London 1 lottery.
  • Options
    I got the HMV email stating 2 dates but if you follow the link it says One date July 30th. I was thinking they would add a 2nd London show as demand will be huge & he has time before Portugal for a 2nd Show. Watch this space......
  • Options
    KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    I already dread the public sale battle for those shows. will be worth it though.
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,677
    I SO wish I could extend my Euro trip a few weeks to include these shows. I know they'll be magical.
    Hooray for all those lucky enough to be going...
  • Options
    boothmanboothman Posts: 87
    motorcade wrote:
    boothman wrote:

I'm with O2 and I notice that, at present, they only have the Manchester show available for pre sale on Wednesday 23rd...I was hoping for London too, but I guess there's still time for it to be added.

O2 pre sales usually go through ticketmaster and the tickets are sold on first come, first served basis. For this event the tickets will, no doubt, be of a limited number. The tickets aren't always the "best available" but as I'm sure these shows will sell out fast, you may have a better chance of scoring one here rather than waiting for the general sale on the Friday.

Thanx for that think I stand better chance with this rather than 10c
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    In for Manchester - good luck all! :D
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    Paulina87Paulina87 Poland Posts: 3,300
    In for Manchester as well :D
    And now smileys-praying-554778.gif
    Chorzów 2007 - Berlin 2009 - Berlin 2010 - Gdynia 2010 - Berlin 2012 - Berlin 2012 - Stockholm 2012 - EV Manchester 2012 - Milan 2014 - Trieste 2014 - Vienna 2014 - Berlin 2014 - Gdynia 2014 - Rio 2018 - Sao Paulo 2018
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    I am in for Amsterdam 1 or 2 ;)

first time lottery for me, let's see if I have a luck ;)

Good luck to all of you !!
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    Hey Lotery fans,
    Maybe a nice idea......all the happy people that win and are not in use of 2 tickets, can make
    the unlucky fans happy by sharing their left over ticket???

Like Ticketmaster: first come, first get........

hahaha so I am in for Amsterdam spare ticket, doesnt matter which of the dates of course ;)
    (signed: twiggy March 17th 14.10 hr local Dutch time)