Options

EDDIE VEDDER ANNOUNCES 2012 EUROPE/ UK SOLO TOUR

Comments

• Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    strummers wrote:
    Anyone know if the UK dates are going to be all seated?

I doubt the apollo in Manchester would be all seated.

It can be and has been in the past (Dream Theater recently).
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    strummers wrote:

London is quite often fully seated for 'that' type of gig. Neil young was last time I saw him there.

I'll give the Apollo a ring tomorrow - see if they know anything yet.
  • Options
    strummersstrummers Posts: 2,611
    redrock wrote:
    strummers wrote:

London is quite often fully seated for 'that' type of gig. Neil young was last time I saw him there.

I'll give the Apollo a ring tomorrow - see if they know anything yet.

Cheers! :)
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    http://www.strummersphotography.com

<object width="360" height="300"><param name="movie" value="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><PARAM NAME=FlashVars VALUE="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow"><embed src="http://www.redbubble.com/swf/redbubble.swf&quot; FlashVars="url=http://www.redbubble.com/people/strummers/works/visual.atom?campaign=sales_widget&mode=slideshow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="360" height="300"></embed></object>
  • Options
    shaynessshayness Posts: 19
    Jammitt wrote:
    shayness wrote:
    ive tried every link possible why isnt it taking me to the entry form ? getting frustrated now!!!!!! help

Happening to me too. Can't find the link that will take me to Paypal :oops:

The link is on your e-mail from the club.
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Why's everyone saying "Yay for European fans"?

It's 5 shows in 3 countries, about as far west in Europe as you can go, over a week and a half - hardly what I would call a "European tour"! It's kind of like saying "Yay for U.S. fans" when a show at MSG is scheduled, like people from L.A. can hop in their car and drive right over! :roll:

Oh, I'm sorry, we're only allowed to be happy for them if they get shows in EVERY major city. :roll:

No - I'm just stating, from a geographical perspective, it's like getting 5 shows in Texas and saying "Yay for U.S. fans!" :lol:

In all seriousness, I'm thrilled for those in the region that will get to attend. I'm not trying to rain on the parade - just saying in reality, it's (5) EV shows in small venues - should be more like "Yay for a few thousand fans in UK, Amsterdam, and Portugal!" :D
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    strummers wrote:

The Apollo can easily be converted to all seated. The Neil Young gig a couple of years ago was.

Like I said up thread, if it remains standing, and the 10c tix are balcony seats, i'd rather take my chances in the public sale for standing :) It'd be nice to know one way or another before forking out £100.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,443
    pdalowsky wrote:
    in for manchester and london

love it how so many are calling this tweet lame as it didnt benefit them.

everyones always in it for 'me' these days

well stated!
  • Options
    JammittJammitt Posts: 37
    shayness wrote:
    Jammitt wrote:
    shayness wrote:
    ive tried every link possible why isnt it taking me to the entry form ? getting frustrated now!!!!!! help

Happening to me too. Can't find the link that will take me to Paypal :oops:

The link is on your e-mail from the club.

Ahhh thanks :D
  • Options
    simonortonsimonorton Posts: 173
    Great news - so thrilled - been waiting so long for this. Thanks EV / 10c.

Yes, the prices are steep but with this being the first chance we've had in England to see Ed solo I'm happy to pay the ticket price.

It's worth recognising that venue hire fees will be venue hire fees no matter how many people take the stage.

Sorry to hear folks in the US were disappointed to find these weren't US dates. It's a shame too that people see the anticipation ahead of the news as 'waste of a weekend' (no-one asked you to ... a review of where you put your energies might be an idea ?) and those who see no US dates as being 'shat on'. Really ? Come back and complain when PJ don't play your country for six years and you might have a point.

But again - thanks so much. I know these will be great shows and I can't wait. Glen Hansard to support ... ?
    "If I knew where it was I would take you there ... there's much more than this"

Manchester 92, 09, 12 (x2)
    London 96, 00 (x2), 06, 07, 09, 10
    Reading 06
    Arras 10
    Alpine Valley 11 (x2)
    Prague 12
    Berlin 12
    Leeds 14
    Milton Keynes 14
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    pdalowsky wrote:
    in for manchester and london

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jealous. Have fun! I would love an excuse to go to London but it's way too close to the Europe PJ gigs.

Austin it is! (see how I made this about me?) :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    I can't, I CAN'T!!! Way too expensive, it hurts... :cry:
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    This is so random!
  • Options
    This is so random!
  • Options
    ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,249
    edited March 2012
    pdalowsky wrote:
    He could charge double and I'd still go.....

im not rich, but i realise this will be very special to me indeed
    yep,you are right Paul..i would pay more if i want to go..but Amsterdam seems strangely expensive...
    must be the venue,or something..

It's not the venue. I've seen solo artists that play here in the UK for £30-£35 that have also played there and, while I've not gone, the ticket price has been pretty much the same. Ryan Adams tickets there are cheaper I believe than the UK! :o

The prices he's charging for Amsterdam are disgusting, double the cost of the band. Someone best get a collection plate going round the venue 'cause he might not be able to eat afterwards! :D:lol::D
    strummers wrote:

I've only seen one gig there, Tori Amos solo, and that was seated.
    Post edited by ilockyer on
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,857
    Please correct Holland to The Netherlands.

TIA.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    This is so random!

Not so random when it's posted twice ;)
  • Options
    EXCITED.
    :D

now I just need to find £££
    but oh wow this is such a wonderful surprise
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    pdalowsky wrote:

I know..its crazy..when i see post like some of these im like :roll:

But I hope all you guys in Europe enjoy the solo shows..enjoy this summer :D
  • Options
    hellojoehellojoe Posts: 76
    Yeah! :D:D
  • Options
    I think there will be a second London show when the first one is sold out.
    Rock Werchter 4 july - 2010, Arras 3 july - 2010, Berlin Wuhlheide - June 30, 2010, Odyssey arena Belfast - 23 june 2010, O2 arena Dublin - june 22 2010, O2 arena London - Aug 18, 2009, Manchester Evening News Arena - Aug 17, 2009, Berlin Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009, Copenhagen 2007-06-26 Forum, London 2007-06-18 Wembley Arena, Prague 2006-09-22 Sazka Arena, Denmark 2000-06-30 Roskilde Festival, Stockholm on August 12th Mirrorball tour with Neil Young, Oslo 1993-06-27 Isle of Calf Festival(Kalvoya), Oslo Secret Club Concert 1993-06-26 Sentrum Scene
  • Options
    I wouldn't call the tweet lame because it isn't - Vedder shows are awesome.

I just keep hoping for some more US Pearl Jam shows :D
    http://mastersofourdomain.blogspot.com/

My Movie/Music Reviews & Sports Blog
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Not to sound like a douche... but, don't care. Very underwhelmed.

I must say, although I'd delighted for a Manchester date (can't believe it actually!), a 5 date 'European' tour is very very strange. Thought he'd be doing at least 10-15 dates across Europe
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    EXCITED.
    :D

now I just need to find £££
    but oh wow this is such a wonderful surprise

Lucky you!! Feeling terrible, I can't afford any of them but.. enjoy everybody! very happy for you all!! :D
    She holds the hand that holds her down...
    She will... rise above...
  • Options
    wishlisa76wishlisa76 Sweden Posts: 806
    Eddie ... European tour ... :shock: OH WOW!!!!!!! I´m a mess.FINALLY. THANK GOD. SHIT. The waiting drove me mad. :P
    "I gather speed from you fucking with me"

PJ in Stockholm, Sweden, 7th July 2012. EV solo in London, 31st July 2012. PJ in Stockholm 28th of June 2014. PJ in Milton Keynes UK, 11th of July 2014, Eddie solo in London 6th of June 2017. PJ London 18th of June, 2018, and 17th of July, 2018.
  • Options
    ItIsAllAboutPJItIsAllAboutPJ S.B., CA Posts: 829
    And my wallet sighs a huge breath of relief...

Very cool the European fans finally get to experience one of these shows...

this...

You guys are going to love these shows, he's bound to add more. :)
  • Options
    Brisk. wrote:
    This is so random!

Not so random when it's posted twice ;)

Ha whoops!
  • Options
    Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Of course I was hoping for US info, but that'll come soon enough I'm sure. I definitely don't have that sense of entitlement that's getting everyone pissed about this...don't understand that. Super happy for all the European fans today!

Agreed!! At least they're still together, touring, and putting out new music!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,192
    I think we're coming up on the 10th anniversary of complaining about ticket prices. Awesome! You'll look so silly when every one of those shows sells out.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,329
    pjl44 wrote:
    I think we're coming up on the 10th anniversary of complaining about ticket prices. Awesome! You'll look so silly when every one of those shows sells out.
    so true this..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    martin gmartin g Posts: 105
    Paypal is a nightmare;Paypalled manchester but then had to credit card the london show,hope thats ok and then reading the fine print realised you only get tickets to one show,is that right?
    London 29/05/00, Dublin 23/08/06, London 18/06/07, London 18/08/09, Manchester 21/06/12, EV London 30/07/12, Milton Keynes 11,07,2014