IVF Journey 2: Negative....again. :(

Comments

• LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    FUNNY STORY!!

So I'm spread legged on the bed, got the speculum inside, got the tube thingy inside my cervix where they shoot the embryo in or whatever they do, Leigh's next to me all excited, nurse is on standby watching and the embryologist is there ready to hand over the embryo....and my cute little Chinese ivf doctor's mobile phone goes off....and this is the tune:

http://www.pisamba.com/ringtones/view/C ... Ugly_46540

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We ALL laughed....Leigh especially. He said to the doctor he never envisioned a Sergio Leone movie as the background to his first child being properly conceived....but somehow it fits! :lol: That song will NEVER be the same again. :mrgreen:
    :lol::lol: that's funny! My older brother actually saw Ennio Morricone the other night in concert who composed that song. Best of luck Ziggy, your embryo looks just like you. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    Good lucky Ziggy! Hope this little embryo grabs on tight and wishing for a positive test result in a couple of weeks!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Meet....my embryo. We think it takes after my bf. :lol:

6995715789_81e7701b1a.jpg

Everything with that embryo was fine. It looks exactly as it should...but is a little elongated. The other embryo isn't quite as good as this one but they are giving it another day and should freeze it tomorrow. The third didn't even divide so is useless.

Now I wait until 2 April for my pregnancy test. Come on little baby! STICK...!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

So cute! :) I'm glad to hear things went well. I hope the little guy nestles down and makes a nice home in your uterus :) Good luck!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • dottlesdottles Posts: 9,138
    Good luck Zig, lots of sticky vibes.
    2009 - Manchester. 2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London, Berlin, Arras, Werchter. 2011 - PJ20 i & ii, Montreal, Toronto i & ii, Ottawa, Hamilton. 
    2012 - Manchester i & ii, Berlin i & ii, Stockholm. 2014 - Amsterdam i & ii, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Leeds, Milton Keynes.
    2016 - Boston Fenway i & ii, 2018 - Amsterdam i & ii, Pinkpop, London i & ii, Padova, Krakow, Barcelona, Seattle i & ii. 
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    Thats awesome news !!!!! so happy for you :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    FUNNY STORY!!

So I'm spread legged on the bed, got the speculum inside, got the tube thingy inside my cervix where they shoot the embryo in or whatever they do, Leigh's next to me all excited, nurse is on standby watching and the embryologist is there ready to hand over the embryo....and my cute little Chinese ivf doctor's mobile phone goes off....and this is the tune:

We ALL laughed....Leigh especially. He said to the doctor he never envisioned a Sergio Leone movie as the background to his first child being properly conceived....but somehow it fits! :lol: That song will NEVER be the same again. :mrgreen:

:lol::lol:
    I'm wondering - did the doctors inject only ( 1 ) embryo or were (3) put in ???
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    mikalina wrote:

Only one. Australian standards advise against multiple embryos for first timers under 35. They don't want twins....increases pregnancy risks too much. And it doesn't increase pregnancy rates. Two embryos don't equal higher chance of pregnancy. If I realllly wanted to I could have implanted more...ultimately it was my decision....but I'd feel forever guilty if I went against their advice and something bad happened to my baby. So just implanted one embryo.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

Only one. Australian standards advise against multiple embryos for first timers under 35. They don't want twins....increases pregnancy risks too much. And it doesn't increase pregnancy rates. Two embryos doesn't equal higher chance of pregnancy. If I realllly wanted to I could have implanted more...ultimately it was my decision....but I'd feel forever guilty if I went against their advice and something bad happened to my baby. So just planted one embryo.

I understand...

my friend who did this had (3) implanted, thats the max. She lost one and did carry twins to term. The Boys are now 5 yrs old.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    Yay!!! Grab hold little ziglet.

Best of luck to you Ziggy!
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    mickeyrat wrote:
    soo if my math is correct you'll be in your 8/9th months during your summer? let me know how that works out for ya. :?

She'll be just fine! That's a great time to have a newborn! No snow and cold and ice to drag the little peanut through for those frequent well baby visits! Maxi dresses and sandals for swollen feet! She'll be all good :D

And Ziggy, my two embryos 'stuck' the first time and are now raising hell in my living room! I have very positive thoughts for you. :thumbup: :thumbup: :-D
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    mikalina wrote:

Only one. Australian standards advise against multiple embryos for first timers under 35. They don't want twins....increases pregnancy risks too much. And it doesn't increase pregnancy rates. Two embryos don't equal higher chance of pregnancy. If I realllly wanted to I could have implanted more...ultimately it was my decision....but I'd feel forever guilty if I went against their advice and something bad happened to my baby. So just implanted one embryo.

Take it easy for a few days to really give it the best chance of getting settled in!!

Congratulations! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    jump.gif

Good thoughts for a happy health pregnancy!!!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    WOOHOO! Positive vibes coming to you and the embryo :)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    awesome news!! congrats!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    Hello little Embryo :wave:
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Wonderful news Zig!

Take it easy until April 2nd! :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    That embryo looks like a little gem!

Grow and stick to momma, sweetie!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Congrats Zigs! :D
  • SD48277SD48277 Posts: 12,243
    Awesome!! :D
    ELITIST FUK
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,988
    Hang on little embry! You are in for quite a ride!
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,988
    Cute name idea...

Embyi O. Ziggalisious

Or you can squeeze in 'Baby Sue' somewhere.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    Cute name idea...

Embyi O. Ziggalisious

Might be a bit hard to spell for the wee thing. ;)
    That embryo looks like a little gem!

Grow and stick to momma, sweetie!

We think it looks pretty awesome too! :lol: Kinda cool having such an early photo of our baby! :D
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,527
    good work :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    Loulou wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    FUNNY STORY!!

:lol::lol: that's funny! My older brother actually saw Ennio Morricone the other night in concert who composed that song. Best of luck Ziggy, your embryo looks just like you. ;)

The link doesn't work. Is this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQGGQ-FCe_w

Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    Ziggalisious

"...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    However....I found out the reason I had TEN follicles (eggs sacs) but they only got FIVE eggs.

ONE OF MY MOTHERFUCKING OVARIES DECIDED TO HIDE BEHIND MY UTERUS THAT DAY!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x :x

They tried everything to manipulate my body so it would move but it wouldn't budge. I feel so much anger about it. I'm trying to let it go....anger not good right now. What should have been a nice moment of getting implanted was me spread legged on the bed looking at my bf with a "you wouldn't FUCKING believe it!!!" look and him giving me the "settle down, it's okay" look. haha

You just go through sooo much....$8500 for this one cycle, stress, pain, worry, needles, constant anxiety, heaps of other shit....and everything worked perfectly for the entire treatment process....which after 9 months of failure on Clomid was so nice....and to find that I could have had MORE eggs for future ivf cycles FUCKING PISSES ME OFF!!!

So now I possibly MAY have another embryo for my next baby/another go at this baby -- if the embryo develops enough....or there's also a fucking chance I'll be going through ALL this again in the near future....because that fucking ovary decided to move on that one important day.

Trying to let the anger go....but I'm struggling. Just pisses me off. *thinks happy thoughts*

no anger zig... an embryo is growing inside you... she needs you calm, happy and optimistic.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I'm a little late, but.... Congratulations!!!!! That is a great story and I am smiling ear to ear reading it right now :D
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    Cate's right. Your body needs the chemicals released from feeling in love at the moment. It'll help.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&