take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    QUEENSLANDER!!!!!

Who ... me? ;)
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    CONGRATS!!!

Hold on tight little peanut!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    E.K wrote:
    QUEENSLANDER!!!!!

Who ... me? ;)

i think the gold coast is its own state now surely. ;):lol:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    To cate and justam....I got over that anger period last night. It simmered to great annoyance and then I got totally over it. Was really disappointing at the time though. Now I feel guilty I was angry during the happy part. Oh the emotions of it all!!!! :lol::lol:

GO QUEENSLAND!!!! :mrgreen:
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    E.K wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    FUNNY STORY!!

So I'm spread legged on the bed, got the speculum inside, got the tube thingy inside my cervix where they shoot the embryo in or whatever they do, Leigh's next to me all excited, nurse is on standby watching and the embryologist is there ready to hand over the embryo....and my cute little Chinese ivf doctor's mobile phone goes off....and this is the tune:

http://www.pisamba.com/ringtones/view/C ... Ugly_46540

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

We ALL laughed....Leigh especially. He said to the doctor he never envisioned a Sergio Leone movie as the background to his first child being properly conceived....but somehow it fits! :lol: That song will NEVER be the same again. :mrgreen:

The link doesn't work. Is this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQGGQ-FCe_w

:lol::lol:

That's the one! :lol:
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii knooooooooooooooooooow life will be different if it hoooooooooooolds oooooooon (hoooooooooooooooolds ooooooooooooooon)
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Ziggy you okay, did you escape the tornado up there?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014

Yep! We slept through it! :lol: Only a few suburbs got the mini tornado. The rest of us just had a bad storm with cyclonic winds. My suburb doesn't have a leaf out of place. Haha Bloody wet though. My favourite weather so I'm happy. :lol:
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    ZiggyStar wrote:

Yep! We slept through it! :lol: Only a few suburbs got the mini tornado. The rest of us just had a bad storm with cyclonic winds. My suburb doesn't have a leaf out of place. Haha Bloody wet though. My favourite weather so I'm happy. :lol:

:D
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    doompony wrote:
    iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii knooooooooooooooooooow life will be different if it hoooooooooooolds oooooooon (hoooooooooooooooolds ooooooooooooooon)

:lol:
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

ZiggyStar wrote:
    E.K wrote:
    The link doesn't work. Is this it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQGGQ-FCe_w

:lol::lol:

That's the one! :lol:

If it's a boy you better call him Clint then.

;):lol:

Battlestar Galactica marathon. LOVE it! :mrgreen: Now up to season 2....as I stretch out my very bloated stomach. Bloated from my ribs down. Can only eat small meals....makes my stomach hurt. Ugh!! Damn hormones.
  • mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Battlestar Galactica marathon. LOVE it! :mrgreen: Now up to season 2....as I stretch out my very bloated stomach. Bloated from my ribs down. Can only eat small meals....makes my stomach hurt. Ugh!! Damn hormones.

bloated stomach and hormones.... thats a good sign. :D
    ********************************************************************************************* image
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Oh my I miss so much in my abscences from here!

Sending lots of love to little Ziglet from the other side of the world!
  • doomponydoompony Posts: 4,497
    ZiggyStar wrote:

yet when it was raining here you complained!

:shock: THAT'S RACIST!
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam Posts: 139,549
    :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • ShimmyMommyShimmyMommy Posts: 7,505
    Congratulations Ziggy!! :mrgreen: Lots of love, light and hugs on the next part of the journey!!! :mrgreen:
    Lots of love, light and hugs to you all!
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    To cate and justam....I got over that anger period last night. It simmered to great annoyance and then I got totally over it. Was really disappointing at the time though. Now I feel guilty I was angry during the happy part. Oh the emotions of it all!!!! :lol::lol:

GO QUEENSLAND!!!! :mrgreen:

cool... cause i was thinking no anger zig youre PREGNANT!!! hip hip hooray!!!
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    The ivf clinic just rang....they couldn't freeze that second embryo. Didn't progress well enough.

So you're it little Embryo Ziglet....grow grow GROW!! :D

HOWEVER, she did tell me some other good news. We had the embryo transfer on day 4. On day 3 they grade the embryos and our little one got a 9/10!! :clap::clap::mrgreen: Top of the class! ;):lol:
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    that's awesome zig! :thumbup: :thumbup: :mrgreen:
    I don't know why the embryologist didn't tell us that good news when we got the transfer?! I asked her "Is that a good embryo?" and she said "Yes, it's a good one. Looks exactly how it should look". Which is fine. But you don't exactly get the same warm and fuzzies like if we got told "Yes, it's a good one, looks how it should look and on day 3 your embryo got a grade of 9/10". Little bits of information like this help so much mentally. Silly woman.
    norm wrote:
    that's awesome zig! :thumbup: :thumbup: :mrgreen:

Why thank you! :mrgreen:

*proud mum* :lol:;)
  • prismprism Posts: 2,440
    okay awesome lil ziglet, prove your sticktoitiveness and keep growing! :thumbup:
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    The ivf clinic just rang....they couldn't freeze that second embryo. Didn't progress well enough.

HOWEVER, she did tell me some other good news. We had the embryo transfer on day 4. On day 3 they grade the embryos and our little one got a 9/10!! :clap::clap::mrgreen: Top of the class! ;):lol:
    This is the one you're meant to have :) Keep growing ziglet! One day auntie CBG will buy you your very own mini pig :D
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    ZiggyStar wrote:

I'd expect nothing less from the Ziggy Starlet.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Congrats and (((hug))).

And, GROW
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Sending all the goodness in the universe to
    You and your man fir a successful mini zig!! Think positively, and don't dismiss the adoption option. Are you still in qld? (haven't on here in ages) I have friends who have adopted both of thier kiddies thru qld adoption, first one took about 2 years and second was under 12 months as they had already done all of the assessment. Really the only delay is the amount of bubs who are put up for adoption these days. They only average around 12-15 per year. Have you cOnsidered permanent foster care even? Just a thought, so many bubs out there in need of loving.

But definitely good luck and hope you are successful :-)

ZiggyStar wrote:
    DAMON wrote:
    My wife and I are in the same boat as you, tried the drugs even standing on her head. I know how frustrating it can be especially when friends and/or family get pregnant for there hundredth child. Stay strong and dont give up, you have my hopes and prayers ! Good luck.

Don't forget worst case scenario you can always adopt a baby in need of a family!
    That's our final plan if nothing else works.

No we can't.

Adoption is pretty much impossible in Australia....and I'm being 100% serious with that comment. It's a very complex process which can cost $50,000+ and take up to 10 years. It's fucking ridiculous. Hugh Jackman's wife adopted their two kids (from the US) and she's been fighting for years and years trying to get the government to change the laws....but there has been virtually no improvements in the past 5 years or so that she's been very actively supporting it.

As it stands, Australia has the second lowest number of inter-country adoptions in the world.

Something she wrote: http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/36942.html
    ZiggyStar wrote:

This is the one you're meant to have :) Keep growing ziglet! One day auntie CBG will buy you your very own mini pig :D

not a kittie??? :?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    Franny, thanks for the info. I know someone who took 7 years to adopt an Australian baby and another took close to 4 years. Too long. Plus I can make my own babies...I wouldn't want to go through the adoption process if that is the case. That is definite last resort. Besides, I can't even put my name on the list if I'm undergoing any form of fertility treatment.

As for foster kids, no thanks. I want my own babies....not someone else's that may get taken away.

not a kittie??? :?

Nope. CBG and I want mini piggies! :D