IVF Journey 2: Negative....again. :(

ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
edited August 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
It's been a loooong 15 months of unsuccessful fertility treatment....plus another 12+ months before that trying naturally. I've finally been given the go ahead to start ivf. :clap: We're so excited!! :D

2 March: Start all the drugs (lots of self-administered needles...yay! :| )
15 March: Egg collection
18-20 March: Embryo transfer
6 April: Pregnancy test

I need ALL of your prayers....good vibes....positive thoughts....crossed body parts....rain dances ....whatever. It's quite an expensive process ($8,500 upfront!) and I really need this first IVF attempt to be successful and result in a little bubba.

So please direct some positive energy towards me. I figured I'd get in a few weeks before it all starts so there is LOTS OF TIME to generate some good baby vibes. :lol: I'll also probably just keep this thread going with the million questions I'll have as everything progresses with the little Ziglet. :D *thinks positively*

Thank you!!! :mrgreen:
★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    best of luck, Susan!!! good vibes sent! :thumbup:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I'll do my special fertility dance, you'll be knocked up in no time.

l.gif
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I wish you both the very best of luck Susan!! :thumbup:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    mfc2006 wrote:
    best of luck, Susan!!! good vibes sent! :thumbup:

Thank you! :D
    I'll do my special fertility dance, you'll be knocked up in no time.

l.gif

hahaha :lol: That's awesome!
  • DAMONDAMON Posts: 256
    My wife and I are in the same boat as you, tried the drugs even standing on her head. I know how frustrating it can be especially when friends and/or family get pregnant for there hundredth child. Stay strong and dont give up, you have my hopes and prayers ! Good luck.

Don't forget worst case scenario you can always adopt a baby in need of a family!
    That's our final plan if nothing else works.
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    I am sending my good vibes!!

If it is a boy, would you please name him Cav$tarr?? actually, it would work as a girls name too.. :D

Good luck!!
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,168
    Sending you good vibes for a little Ziglet (love that!).

send_flowers.gif
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    best vibes forward

looking for a zigglette soon

you go girl
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
    I also just booked in for acupuncture....some studies show it increases the ivf success rate....the nurse at my ivf clinic said there's no proof it works....but if you get highly strung it can help totally relax the body....and may be beneficial. I figure it can't hurt.

I'll need 5 treatments to begin with....including one the hour before embryo transfer and one an hour after embryo transfer....they're the two key treatments....that help circulate the blood to assist implantation.

Who's had acupuncture? Can you feel the needles? I'm not worried at all....needles don't bother me too much....just curious.
    DAMON wrote:
    My wife and I are in the same boat as you, tried the drugs even standing on her head. I know how frustrating it can be especially when friends and/or family get pregnant for there hundredth child. Stay strong and dont give up, you have my hopes and prayers ! Good luck.

Don't forget worst case scenario you can always adopt a baby in need of a family!

No we can't.

Adoption is pretty much impossible in Australia....and I'm being 100% serious with that comment. It's a very complex process which can cost $50,000+ and take up to 10 years. It's fucking ridiculous. Hugh Jackman's wife adopted their two kids (from the US) and she's been fighting for years and years trying to get the government to change the laws....but there has been virtually no improvements in the past 5 years or so that she's been very actively supporting it.

As it stands, Australia has the second lowest number of inter-country adoptions in the world.

Something she wrote: http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/36942.html
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    DAMON wrote:

No we can't.

Adoption is pretty much impossible in Australia....and I'm being 100% serious with that comment. It's a very complex process which can cost $50,000+ and take up to 10 years. It's fucking ridiculous. Hugh Jackman's wife adopted their two kids and she's been fighting for years and years trying to get the government to change the laws....but there has been virtually no improvements in the past 5 years or so that she's been very actively supporting it.

As it stands, Australia has the second lowest number of inter-country adoptions in the world.

Something she wrote: http://www.abc.net.au/unleashed/36942.html
    Why is that?? it seems they would be very eager to get orphaned children to a loving family.. this is kind of odd to me..
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
    Caveeze wrote:
    Why is that?? it seems they would be very eager to get orphaned children to a loving family.. this is kind of odd to me..

Stupid Government red tape bullshit? I really don't know the ins and outs of it. I understand that there are fuck all Australian babies to adopt....but we would LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE to adopt an orphan from overseas....but we can't.
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    Good baby vibes sent your way Ziggy!!
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I've told ya time and time again, sus...I can solve all of your problems or die trying! ;) :P

Luck! :D
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

Stupid Government red tape bullshit? I really don't know the ins and outs of it. I understand that there are fuck all Australian babies to adopt....but we would LOVE LOVE LOOOOVE to adopt an orphan from overseas....but we can't.
    I know a certain smoking baby that could use a loving family :D

seriously, good luck girl and I hope it all works out for you!

(but you are aware you can't smoke or drink for 9 months? that doesn't sound fun)
  • Best of luck Ziggy! Crossing my fingers that the first try works out for you :)

I've had acupuncture and you cannot feel the needles. Didn't hurt at all - just made me a bit nauseous afterwards (but everything makes me nauseous). Practice meditation too and positive visualization if you're not already - it really works. Envision yourself getting pregnant and having that little Ziglette! It will calm your whole body too.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    edited February 2012
    Caveeze wrote:
    (but you are aware you can't smoke or drink for 9 months? that doesn't sound fun)

:lol: I haven't had a smoke or drink since the day after Xmas....nor has my bf....and we're doing okay! :lol: I didn't drink much in 2011 actually....smoked occasionally....but now we're super healthy and barely even eat bad food. Got to give it the very best try we can. :D
    Post edited by ZiggyStar on
    As a hypothetical question, If you had to pick a male board member to be a sperm donor and a female board member to be the host womb, who would they be?
    Practice meditation too and positive visualization if you're not already - it really works. Envision yourself getting pregnant and having that little Ziglette! It will calm your whole body too.

I've been trying that for the past month or two actually! Trying to visualise and feel like I'm pregnant. And also saying "thanks" and giving gratitude because that apparently emits the right vibe to the universe that I already am pregnant and the procedure was a success. I have a chant giving thanks that I say in my head. haha

I know I know....to some it must sound so stupid....but hell, I'm desperate....I'll fucking try anything at this stage! :lol:
    Oh....the chances of ivf success for my age are 35%-40%........but the normal chance of miscarriage is still there and that percentage can be as high as 20% of all pregnancies....so the odds are good that it will work....kinda. :? :lol:
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    BEST OF LUCK, ZIGGY
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Practice meditation too and positive visualization if you're not already - it really works. Envision yourself getting pregnant and having that little Ziglette! It will calm your whole body too.

I've been trying that for the past month or two actually! Trying to visualise and feel like I'm pregnant. And also saying "thanks" and giving gratitude because that apparently emits the right vibe to the universe that I already am pregnant and the procedure was a success. I have a chant giving thanks that I say in my head. haha

I know I know....to some it must sound so stupid....but hell, I'm desperate....I'll fucking try anything at this stage! :lol:
    Sounds like you are on the right track! Doesn't sound crazy at all - athletes practice positive visualization all the time....and there's a reason they do it - because it works! Put the intention out there! Good luck :)

• Caveeze wrote:
    As a hypothetical question, If you had to pick a male board member to be a sperm donor and a female board member to be the host womb, who would they be?
    obviously me and zoso...duh :roll: at least then the baby would be half aussie :thumbup: :lol:

Caveeze wrote:
    obviously me and zoso...duh :roll: at least then the baby would be half aussie :thumbup: :lol:
    I am thinking me and Leeze.. the baby would be devastatingly beautiful and smart :lol: who wouldn't love that? :D
    Caveeze wrote:

I love hypotheticals! :mrgreen:

Black Diamond: Purely for his intelligence....you don't get to where he is without some serious brains

Comebackgirl: Doesn't abuse her body with excessive alcohol/smoking/drugs, keeps fit, seems to eat well....I'd want a super healthy host....she'd have to stop working such long hours though
  • ZiggyStar wrote:
    Caveeze wrote:

I love hypotheticals! :mrgreen:

Black Diamond: Purely for his intelligence....you don't get to where he is without some serious brains

Comebackgirl: Doesn't abuse her body with excessive alcohol/smoking/drugs, keeps fit, seems to eat well....I'd want a super healthy host....she'd have to stop working such long hours though
    Good choice Zig :thumbup: :clap::lol: Zoso and I are going to start trying within the next couple of months - I told him I hope the baby gets my brains and his looks :lol: (and his accent too - he actually thought accents were biological; hence me wanting the baby to have my brains) :lol:

Good choice Zig :thumbup: :clap::lol: Zoso and I are going to start trying within the next couple of months - I told him I hope the baby gets my brains and his looks :lol: (and his accent too - he actually thought accents were biological; hence me wanting the baby to have my brains) :lol:

Ooooo that's exciting!! :D Hope it works quickly for you!! :thumbup:
  • ZiggyStar wrote:

Ooooo that's exciting!! :D Hope it works quickly for you!! :thumbup:
    Thank you! It's now or never :? :lol:

• morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    edited February 2012
    Oooh IVF time has come Zig! All the best girl. I so hope it happens for you!! May you be knocked up or breast-feeding or with baby or whatever next time I see you!!
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011