Question for the men

Comments

• __ Posts: 6,651
    RKCNDY wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    why would you show everyone in your immediate workplace friend zone after getting such a date request? this is not good.

I think most guys like to brag..."hey look! some random chick emailed me and asked me to go for coffee!"

or he could be an ass, "look, some random chick asked me out..." ***laughs with his buddies and then scratches his crotch***

(yes, us women think of all these ridiculous scenarios)

Right!

But see, when I tell my friends about guys it's more like, "I'm so excited about this awesome guy!" :)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    RKCNDY wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    why would you show everyone in your immediate workplace friend zone after getting such a date request? this is not good.

I think most guys like to brag..."hey look! some random chick emailed me and asked me to go for coffee!"

or he could be an ass, "look, some random chick asked me out..." ***laughs with his buddies and then scratches his crotch***

yeah but this guy seems to be 'mr. sensitive pony-tail guy' so i doubt he'd do that

that or he gets this all the time and is jaded and ignores it

;):lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    norm wrote:

yeah but this guy seems to be 'mr. sensitive pony-tail guy' so i doubt he'd do that

this is NOT the movie 'Singles' and _ is not 'Janet'...well maybe she is...

Does he look like 'Mr. Sensitive ponytail guy'?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    _ wrote:
    Just because my good friends know all my business. That's the kind of relationship we have. If something exciting happens in my life, I tell them - and I would be excited to get such an email.

ETA: Does this mean you won't kick his ass if he does it? :(

ETAA: I'm really talking about two different things, though. I wouldn't show anyone to be malicious. But who knows if other people would.
    i can't say this is a good idea so i will not.

in my opinion...life is lived like a double agent or something. nobody knows dick. and the ones who are friends, even they are kept in the dark about a lot of stuff. you cannot sell pot marijuana and get by with it forever when you talk and show everyone your cash and your trash bags fulla bud. no. be the small guy whose runnin low and has a few tiny scraps of bud. this just an example, the best i could mustar up, what with the current weather forecast and thumbs hurting and knees blown out and great Egyptian meditation music soothing minds around the globe.

:lolno:
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    RKCNDY wrote:
    norm wrote:

phew! i'm glad someone got that :lol:
    norm wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    norm wrote:

phew! i'm glad someone got that :lol:

oops...Linda, not Janet...Janet was with Cliff (how that was, I don't know...most guys like Cliff don't go for Janets)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    norm wrote:

image.jpg
    Seems more Ziggy's type these days :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    RKCNDY wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

guys that brag on their lady friends' happenings are idiotic. i learned this from my father when i was 6.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    polaris_x wrote:
    soooo ... what's the over/under here on response time?

by tomorrow morning?

I want Monday by 11am in the 10c office pool
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

by tomorrow morning?

i keep checking back for the udpate...

do we know if he is in today? i personally, would do a little research on _ before replying. if i'm him, i need to check google and facebook...to see if i can find a picture...if i didn't know already what she looked like and to find a little info...since she has obviously stalked me a bit. :lol:

i'd say it would be late in the day.....assuming he reads it today.

According to the university course schedule, he was teaching a couple of classes this morning but finished at 10:45. I sent the email at 10:45. He doesn't have office hours today, so who knows whether he went back to his office and/or checked his email.

He wouldn't find much by Googling me. I have my FB private and the picture is of a cool animal from my safari, so that wouldn't help. He might find a scholarly article on which I was an author, or the annual report for my department for which I wrote the section on my program. (I hope he doesn't find that; I was in a hurry and the writing is horrible.) There are pictures of people with my name, but none of them are me. He might think they are, though, if anyone gives him a general description of me.
    _ wrote:
    He wouldn't find much by Googling me. I have my FB private and the picture is of a cool animal from my safari, so that wouldn't help. He might find a scholarly article on which I was an author, or the annual report for my department for which I wrote the section on my program. (I hope he doesn't find that; I was in a hurry and the writing is horrible.) There are pictures of people with my name, but none of them are me. He might think they are, though, if anyone gives him a general description of me.

I think you are worrying waaaay too much _
    :lol:

You guys crack me up! No, he doesn't really look like Mr. Sensitive Pony Tail guy. :lol:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    _ wrote:

I think you are worrying waaaay too much _

Yep. :|
  • _ wrote:
    81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

by tomorrow morning?

i keep checking back for the udpate...

do we know if he is in today? i personally, would do a little research on _ before replying. if i'm him, i need to check google and facebook...to see if i can find a picture...if i didn't know already what she looked like and to find a little info...since she has obviously stalked me a bit. :lol:

i'd say it would be late in the day.....assuming he reads it today.

According to the university course schedule, he was teaching a couple of classes this morning but finished at 10:45. I sent the email at 10:45. He doesn't have office hours today, so who knows whether he went back to his office and/or checked his email.

Now that's what I call stalking :thumbup: :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    10C Betting

Early Line: _ asks mr. sensitive pony-tail guy out

His response:

"sure, why don't we meet in the cafeteria tomorrow - i have a break between 10:30 and 11:00": 3 - 1
    "i would love to but i am seeing someone already": 5 - 1
    "please send me pictures - head shots, full body shots, bikini shots taken within the last moon cycle": 8 - 1
    "love is like an oyster of shallow persuasion, whence comes the opening of a life fulfilled": 20 - 1
    _ wrote:

You guys crack me up! No, he doesn't really look like Mr. Sensitive Pony Tail guy. :lol:

ok, then I am picturing:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKjtbEzbI3aA1a4uEd0hcVkGhPEb0Dc5TXy4L3Rx1f5Xvhe57e0A

- Christopher McCandless
    the deal is you haven't even dated him not one time. no need in dragging in your friends and that group to chit chat about him @ the next sewing circle get together. for christ sakes you haven't even kissed him yet.

i myself have scolded a lady friend or two in my time because she ran her mouth to her friends about us and this or that. i do not appreaciate being the center of the sewing circle's topic of, "we had sex all night and into the wee hours and then he got up and swam 4 miles, came home and loved me all afternoon."

that irritates the fuck out of me... how about,,,shut the hell up?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    _ wrote:

ok, then I am picturing:

I gotta stop putting my pictures on Facebook...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    polaris_x wrote:
    10C Betting

Early Line: _ asks mr. sensitive pony-tail guy out

His response:

"sure, why don't we meet in the cafeteria tomorrow - i have a break between 10:30 and 11:00": 3 - 1
    "i would love to but i am seeing someone already": 5 - 1
    "please send me pictures - head shots, full body shots, bikini shots taken within the last moon cycle": 8 - 1
    "love is like an oyster of shallow persuasion, whence comes the opening of a life fulfilled": 20 - 1

i'd bet 1 or 2
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    RKCNDY wrote:
    _ wrote:

ok, then I am picturing:

I gotta stop putting my pictures on Facebook...
    :lol::lol::lol:
    If he doesn't respond I say you go to his office next Friday, throw open the door and say...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaPpjTZa9bA
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    RKCNDY wrote:
    _ wrote:

ok, then I am picturing:

:shock:
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    _ wrote:
    I have my FB private and the picture is of a cool animal from my safari, so that wouldn't help.

were you the one who asked about going to africa and travel advice? ... how was your trip? ... where did you make it to? ... one day i'll go back ...
    _ wrote:

well that came to mind when i read this
    _ wrote:
    Yep. *swoons* :oops:

Aside, from being a sucker for a good feminist man, the two things I can't resist are intelligence & music (and gorgeous long hair). This guy's a long-haired music professor. I'm totally defenseless.

;):mrgreen:
    any word yet
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    any word yet
    haha
    81 kicks much ass

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Bump for _
    GoiMTvP.gif
    dear black diamond,

_ just pm'ed me. looks like music professor guy talked to everyone in his department about _'s email date request. looks like i'll be needing that flight out to hawaii as soon as possible. i woulda never have thought people in Maui were so nasty to one another, even at the workplace.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwick wrote:
    dear black diamond,

_ just pm'ed me. looks like music professor guy talked to everyone in his department about _'s email date request. looks like i'll be needing that flight out to hawaii as soon as possible. i woulda never have thought people in Maui were so nasty to one another, even at the workplace.
    :lol::lol:

Dear Mr. Chadwick,

Aloha

BD
    GoiMTvP.gif
    _ lives in Maui...

damn, i've learned alot about _ from this thread....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg