Question for the men

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    do you have your 'read receipt' function turned on?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • norm wrote:
    _ wrote:
    I decided not to go to his office. My sister reminded me that her office has a red button at the front desk for people like that. I decided to send him an email. It's probably horrible, but I'm tired of obsessing about how to word it, so I was just totally straight up:
    Please forgive this random email, but I'm just going to be direct: I saw you at karaoke Friday night and thought you were funny and talented and gorgeous. I'd really like to meet you, but I don't know how to make that happen. My friends told me you work here too, so I got your email from the directory and am just going to ask: Might I be able to persuade you to join me for coffee or something some time?

awesome!! :thumbup:

i hope you attached a pic of yourself naked ;) :P here
    fixed
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • RKCNDY wrote:
    Ooooh good point!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    norm wrote:

fixed

:lol::lol:
    RKCNDY wrote:

No, I didn't think of that! I can already see when people from work read, delete, forward, etc the emails I send them, but he's on a different email system so I don't think it will work with him.
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    _ wrote:
    I decided not to go to his office. My sister reminded me that her office has a red button at the front desk for people like that. I decided to send him an email. It's probably horrible, but I'm tired of obsessing about how to word it, so I was just totally straight up:
    Please forgive this random email, but I'm just going to be direct: I saw you at karaoke Friday night and thought you were funny and talented and gorgeous. I'd really like to meet you, but I don't know how to make that happen. My friends told me you work here too, so I got your email from the directory and am just going to ask: Might I be able to persuade you to join me for coffee or something some time?

Thats awesome!!! Keep us posted. Bold, Honest, forward, but not threatening. :clap::clap:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    _ wrote:
    81 wrote:
    :lol: good luck

Was it that horrible? :(
    We shall see.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I sent it from my work email, which automatically adds my signature (full name, title, department, phone number). Hopefully that'll make me seem a little more legit. But I'd think he'd do some investigation before replying; that's what I'd do anyway. Or maybe he just won't reply, in which case I wish he didn't know my name!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:

fixed[/quote]

meh...i'm tired of all the ladies pming me pics of themselves naked :shifty:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    _ wrote:
    I sent it from my work email, which automatically adds my signature (full name, title, department, phone number). Hopefully that'll make me seem a little more legit. But I'd think he'd do some investigation before replying; that's what I'd do anyway. Or maybe he just won't reply, in which case I wish he didn't know my name!

i know easier said than done but never ever get down on yourself for putting yourself out there ... i met a girl traveling and when i got home ... i sent her an email that pretty much said ... "run away with me" ... we've been together since ... granted it's a long distance relationship and it can be draining ... still, if it ended tomorrow - i wouldn't trade our time together for anything ... that is the essence of living ... you won't be able to live a life without regret but it if you can avoid it - do so ...
    _ wrote:

What's the worst that he can say....NO. Look at it as that you put yourself out there and you attempted. At least you know. It's better than not doing it and asking yourself what if I did? What if he did say yes?
    It's better to know than not to know.
    Plus...this will help boost your confidence.
    polaris_x wrote:
    _ wrote:

i know easier said than done but never ever get down on yourself for putting yourself out there ... i met a girl traveling and when i got home ... i sent her an email that pretty much said ... "run away with me" ... we've been together since ... granted it's a long distance relationship and it can be draining ... still, if it ended tomorrow - i wouldn't trade our time together for anything ... that is the essence of living ... you won't be able to live a life without regret but it if you can avoid it - do so ...

Wow, great story! Thanks! :)
    sheila0225 wrote:
    _ wrote:

What's the worst that he can say....NO. Look at it as that you put yourself out there and you attempted. At least you know. It's better than not doing it and asking yourself what if I did? What if he did say yes?

I agree that it's better to know that to not know. And I'm just too old to play games. I don't think saying no is the worst that could happen, though. He could tell everyone, and it could get all over campus and even all over my department for people to ridicule me. :oops:
  • _ wrote:

Awesome! Good luck! This made me smile.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Way to put yourself out there! :clap: Keep us up on what happens!
    "I am myself...like you, somehow."
    _ wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:
    _ wrote:

I agree that it's better to know that to not know. And I'm just too old to play games. I don't think saying no is the worst that could happen, though. He could tell everyone, and it could get all over campus and even all over my department for people to ridicule me. :oops:

I say fuck'em. You probably have more guts to do it then they do. So if anything, they are jealous that you can do it and they can't put themselves out there. Don't beat yourself up over this.
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    _ wrote:
    why would he tell everyone in his department, your department, why would he say anything to anyone? he maybe would do those things if he were a 13 year old student.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    _ wrote:
    why would he tell everyone in his department, your department, why would he say anything to anyone? he maybe would do those things if he were a 13 year old student.

Karma. Not to sound like a 13-year-old student, but if I got an email like that, I'd show my close friends at work - and I have a lot of close friends at work. And they might tell other people. I'd also ask around to try to figure out who the person was.
  • chadwick wrote:
    _ wrote:
    Seriously if he does that, I will pay for Mr Chadwick's plane fare to kick his pervebial music loving hippy ass...
    I never like getting my own hands dirty of course...

dr-evil.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
    _ wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    _ wrote:

Karma. Not to sound like a 13-year-old student, but if I got an email like that, I'd show my close friends at work - and I have a lot of close friends at work. And they might tell other people. I'd also ask around to try to figure out who the person was.
    why would you show everyone in your immediate workplace friend zone after getting such a date request? this is not good.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    chadwick wrote:
    _ wrote:
    Seriously if he does that, I will pay for Mr Chadwick's plane fare to kick his pervebial music loving hippy ass...
    I never like getting my own hands dirty of course...

dr-evil.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm glad I have the PJ fan base on my side! :D
    chadwick wrote:
    _ wrote:
    why would you show everyone in your immediate workplace friend zone after getting such a date request? this is not good.

Just because my good friends know all my business. That's the kind of relationship we have. If something exciting happens in my life, I tell them - and I would be excited to get such an email.

ETA: Does this mean you won't kick his ass if he does it? :(

ETAA: I'm really talking about two different things, though. I wouldn't show anyone to be malicious. But who knows if other people would.
    number 1 rule of life... keep your mouth shut.

no need blabbing to everyone, or even just work place pals, no need in them knowning your attractions and disinterests. especialy when you and him haven't even dated not one single time. do not ever gossip about your men, and men their women.

i do it on here lightheartedly most times. i never ever kiss and tell. and if i ever slip up and tell a wee bit it is very little information told. my women know this and i am respected for such behavior.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • i like this thread,atleast most of people at the thread,realise that you have to try for get what you want...
    and alot put time and thoughts and feelings and try hard to work on relationship,on contacts etc,,
    thats the way things will work..when you care and try hard...
    and maybe,your changes are better than the last time...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    soooo ... what's the over/under here on response time?

by tomorrow morning?
    chadwick wrote:

no need blabbing to everyone, or even just work place pals, no need in them knowning your attractions and disinterests. especialy when you and him haven't even dated not one single time. do not ever gossip about your men, and men their women.

i do it on here lightheartedly most times. i never ever kiss and tell. and if i ever slip up and tell a wee bit it is very little information told. my women know this and i am respected for such behavior.

I know, I know. Keeping my mouth shut has never been one of my strong points. :oops:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    chadwick wrote:

I think most guys like to brag..."hey look! some random chick emailed me and asked me to go for coffee!"

or he could be an ass, "look, some random chick asked me out..." ***laughs with his buddies and then scratches his crotch***

(yes, us women think of all these ridiculous scenarios)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    polaris_x wrote:

by tomorrow morning?

:lol:

I'm thinking the weekend or early next week. He might not even check that email regularly (or at all), and then he'll probably want to do some research to figure out who I am.
  • _ wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

I know, I know. Keeping my mouth shut has never been one of my strong points. :oops:
    But I do agree with her assessment of intent... It's one thing to do it with a positive spin... it's another to be a jerk...
    If he does it with any malisciousness he deserves a beat down.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    polaris_x wrote:

by tomorrow morning?

i keep checking back for the udpate...

do we know if he is in today? i personally, would do a little research on _ before replying. if i'm him, i need to check google and facebook...to see if i can find a picture...if i didn't know already what she looked like and to find a little info...since she has obviously stalked me a bit. :lol:

i'd say it would be late in the day.....assuming he reads it today.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg