Question for the men

Comments

• __ Posts: 6,651
    chadwick wrote:
    dear black diamond,

_ just pm'ed me. looks like music professor guy talked to everyone in his department about _'s email date request. looks like i'll be needing that flight out to hawaii as soon as possible. i woulda never have thought people in Maui were so nasty to one another, even at the workplace.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    aw fuck, I saw that you posted and my stomach jumped on your behalf!
    we are all really rooting for you here, I guess :D
    Hang in there!
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
    81 wrote:
    this thread is a great opportunity for all the singles guys....if _ gets rejected....just swoop in and console her. :P

:lol: One or two of my relationships have actually started that way... :D
    Carey wrote:
    aw fuck, I saw that you posted and my stomach jumped on your behalf!
    we are all really rooting for you here, I guess :D
    Hang in there!

Thanks! I really appreciate everyone rooting for me! :mrgreen: And the pictures are cracking me up! :lol: I should wander over here from the Train more often! :thumbup:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    _ wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    _ wrote:
    :lol:

You guys crack me up! No, he doesn't really look like Mr. Sensitive Pony Tail guy. :lol:

ok, then I am picturing:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKjtbEzbI3aA1a4uEd0hcVkGhPEb0Dc5TXy4L3Rx1f5Xvhe57e0A

Hot damn! Who's that?! :shock:

I wish I knew! I just googled 'guy with long hair' and there he was...some of them aren't as tasty...(I decline to post those pictures...they will make you throw up in your mouth)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    _ wrote:
    I decided not to go to his office. My sister reminded me that her office has a red button at the front desk for people like that. I decided to send him an email. It's probably horrible, but I'm tired of obsessing about how to word it, so I was just totally straight up:
    Please forgive this random email, but I'm just going to be direct: I saw you at karaoke Friday night and thought you were funny and talented and gorgeous. I'd really like to meet you, but I don't know how to make that happen. My friends told me you work here too, so I got your email from the directory and am just going to ask: Might I be able to persuade you to join me for coffee or something some time?

:shock: Scary!! Hope it works!!
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    _ wrote:
    I decided not to go to his office. My sister reminded me that her office has a red button at the front desk for people like that. I decided to send him an email. It's probably horrible, but I'm tired of obsessing about how to word it, so I was just totally straight up:
    Please forgive this random email, but I'm just going to be direct: I saw you at karaoke Friday night and thought you were funny and talented and gorgeous. I'd really like to meet you, but I don't know how to make that happen. My friends told me you work here too, so I got your email from the directory and am just going to ask: Might I be able to persuade you to join me for coffee or something some time?

:shock: Scary!! Hope it works!!

Scary for him or for me?? :?
    polaris_x wrote:
    10C Betting

Early Line: _ asks mr. sensitive pony-tail guy out

His response:

"sure, why don't we meet in the cafeteria tomorrow - i have a break between 10:30 and 11:00": 3 - 1
    "i would love to but i am seeing someone already": 5 - 1
    "please send me pictures - head shots, full body shots, bikini shots taken within the last moon cycle": 8 - 1
    "love is like an oyster of shallow persuasion, whence comes the opening of a life fulfilled": 20 - 1

What are the odds on no response? I'm gonna put my money on that. :|
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I believe in chemistry ...

it screams hello with one glance and the rest is history! eyebrows.gif
  • SweetChildofMineSweetChildofMine Posts: 842
    edited February 2012
    pandora wrote:

If you cannot write the poem be the poem.

alone
    Happy Birthday
    back to the door

I heard it open
    it was only a grand opening
    for I knew it was my Love
    of Ages Old

I didnt have to turn
    around to say hello
    But as I I danced
    with my eyes
    closed
    I could feel him looking to me
    He asked me to look at him
    No words.
    I opened my eyes
    there he stood
    the only two in the
    room.

Only amazed by the
    beautiful colors he sees
    of my Love once again.

"How can I measure up to anyone new, After such a love as this?" - The Who
    Post edited by SweetChildofMine on
    pandora wrote:

If you cannot write the poem be the poem.

alone
    Happy Birthday
    back to the door

I heard it open
    it was only a grand opening
    for I knew it was my Love
    of Ages Old

I didnt have to turn
    around to say hello
    But as I I danced
    with my eyes
    closed
    I could feel him looking to me
    He asked me to look at him
    No words.
    I opened my eyes
    there he stood
    the only two in the
    room.

Only amazed by the
    beautiful colors he sees
    of my Love once again.

Beautiful!
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    RKCNDY wrote:
    _ wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    ok, then I am picturing:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSKjtbEzbI3aA1a4uEd0hcVkGhPEb0Dc5TXy4L3Rx1f5Xvhe57e0A

Hot damn! Who's that?! :shock:

I wish I knew! I just googled 'guy with long hair' and there he was...some of them aren't as tasty...(I decline to post those pictures...they will make you throw up in your mouth)
    How the hell did my picture get on the internets!!
  • Nevermind.

Thongs are important.

Silly me.
    Nevermind.

Thongs are important.

Silly me.
    Not when men are wearing them!
  • You must have not read the male bonding creedo thread. Male friends dont let other men wear thongs/speedos. :lol:
    edited February 2012
    You must have not read the male bonding creedo thread. Male friends dont let other men wear thongs/speedos. :lol:
    Female friends shouldn't let them, either!
    Post edited by Rygar on
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    _ wrote:

well ... we're not going to go that route ... :twisted:

it's probably what 81 said ... if your office bio doesn't include a picture ... he has to to do his recognizance ... :lol::lol: ... he's probably sending someone he knows to scope you out ... take cell phone shots ... outstanding warrants ... number of ex's that are on the missing persons list ... standard stuff ... takes time ... don't fret ... ;)
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    _ wrote:

Ummmm....I was referring to the fact you'd sent it....but in all honesty, I think the email is also a little scary. I wouldn't have put the gorgeous part in myself. It maybe makes it feel a bit juvenile. But that's just my view. He might love it. The funny and talented part was a nice touch.

I still think he's going to want to know what you look like before he says yes. There is no way in hell I'd say yes to a blind email. Are there photos of you on your work's website?

How old are you both?
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
    polaris_x wrote:
    _ wrote:

well ... we're not going to go that route ... :twisted:

it's probably what 81 said ... if your office bio doesn't include a picture ... he has to to do his recognizance ... :lol::lol: ... he's probably sending someone he knows to scope you out ... take cell phone shots ... outstanding warrants ... number of ex's that are on the missing persons list ... standard stuff ... takes time ... don't fret ... ;)

:lol:

Wow, cell phone shots?! Now that's one I hadn't thought of!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    How old are you both?

81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    _ wrote:

Ummmm....I was referring to the fact you'd sent it....but in all honesty, I think the email is also a little scary. I wouldn't have put the gorgeous part in myself. It maybe makes it feel a bit juvenile. But that's just my view. He might love it. The funny and talented part was a nice touch.

I still think he's going to want to know what you look like before he says yes. There is no way in hell I'd say yes to a blind email. Are there photos of you on your work's website?

How old are you both?

Yeah, I thought better of the gorgeous bit right after I hit send. But I was tired of trying to think of what to say, so I had decided to just write what was on my mind & not give it a second thought. I'm hoping it will be flattering. I have a hard time thinking that men would find it inappropriate given that they have no problem saying stuff like that to us out of nowhere.

Nope, no photos. I'm 35. I think he's 36. So I'm probably too old for him then. :lol:
    Woo-hoo!!!

:D:D:D:D

Where are those little dancing smilies when you need them??

Who had bets on 23 hours? You won!

So he replied and said thanks for the flattering email and he's free next week. He also said, "If we can make the coffee thing non-romantic that'll take a lot of the pressure off." I totally agree with that, though! I hate sitting across the table from a guy I just met and having to decide right away whether I like him romantically. I really just want to get to know this guy better. I'm so excited!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    _ wrote:
    Woo-hoo!!!

So he replied and said thanks for the flattering email and he's free next week. He also said, "If we can make the coffee thing non-romantic that'll take a lot of the pressure off." I totally agree with that, though! I hate sitting across the table from a guy I just met and having to decide right away whether I like him romantically. I really just want to get to know this guy better. I'm so excited!! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

yay! see, now don't you feel GREAT for being bold and taking the first step? :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    _ wrote:
    Woo-hoo!!!

i set the over-under at this morning ... think heisenberg picked 11 am ...

:clap::clap:

also ... the odds were in line ... ;)

keep us posted! ... we are too heavily involved! ... haha ... can't wait till you mention you are a PJ fan ... let's hear what mr. sensitive music guy has to say about that ... :lol::lol:
  • _ wrote:
    Woo-hoo!!!

AWESOME!!!!

Another happy customer of the PJ Fan Base Community :lol:
    Too bad... Mr Chadwick was really looking forward to his trip :twisted:
    Oh and stop posting in AMT... We are much more fun :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    AND now I just got great Ticketbastard seat to Ed!! I LOVE today!!

:mrgreen::D:mrgreen::D
  • _ wrote:

Get two... :twisted:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • cubBEE_girlcubBEE_girl Posts: 3,365
    _ wrote:

Get two... :twisted:

Yes, get two!! :D
    I lost a bet...
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    _ wrote:
    Woo-hoo!!!

nice!!! have a great time!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com