Options

Question for the men

__ Posts: 6,651
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
How would you take it if a woman you didn't know had the hots for you & wanted to go out? How could the woman best approach the situation with you?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    be honest & come out and say it.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    uhhh ... just ask!?? ... is this a trick question?
  • Options
    mfc2006 wrote:
    be honest & come out and say it.

Just out of nowhere? Or should she try to actually meet you first?
    polaris_x wrote:
    uhhh ... just ask!?? ... is this a trick question?

:lol: No, it's not a trick question. I'm just not good at this. :oops: I never really ask people out - especially people I don't know. I don't want to seem crazy.
  • Options
    A long LONG time ago I was picking up my uncle from the Airport on his flight in from Amsterdam
    Off of his plane was one of the most attractive women I had ever seen.

He saw me looking and told me to talk to her. I said no and I didn't.

His advice..."whats the worse that can happen she says no and you are back in the same place you were before"

Ask him out for a cup of coffee, breakfast, lunch in the company cafe...You'll be fine!
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,383
    A long LONG time ago I was picking up my uncle from the Airport on his flight in from Amsterdam

His advice..."whats the worse that can happen she says no and you are back in the same place you were before"

Ask him out for a cup of coffee, breakfast, lunch in the company cafe...You'll be fine!

bingo!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    _ wrote:
    How would you take it if a woman you didn't know had the hots for you & wanted to go out? How could the woman best approach the situation with you?
    Talk to my wife... :lol:

No seriously... Most men would be flattered with being approached... In the day, it was the only way I would go out with women because I was really shy... well that and blind dates (pre-interet)...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

Thanks! I figure I do need to actually talk to him :lol: , I just want to be sure to approach it right. He works for the same university as me, so I don't need to just approach him immediately for fear of never again knowing how to find him.

So did you talk to her?? :)
  • Options
    :lol: Maybe I just need a good pick up line. :D
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    edited February 2012
    for my husband, i invited him with other people on an outing. we met at a park near work.
    several ppl could not show up, they did not get off from work early like i did. one friend came, she left, and my friend now husband showed up. i wasn't after him either and i invited him to a concert that weekend. we got married 6 yrs later! so it was casual.
    Post edited by iluvcats on
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    _ wrote:

hello ... straight women turn gay for me ... true story ... how about lunch sometime?

:lol:
  • Options
    _ wrote:
    Talk to my wife... :lol:

No seriously... Most men would be flattered with being approached... In the day, it was the only way I would go out with women because I was really shy... well that and blind dates (pre-interet)...

Yeah, see I'm really shy too. :oops: Less so when I'm drinking, but then I'm WAY more likely to say something stupid.

I'm not sure whether I'll ever again see him in person, so I don't want the approach to be creepy. I mean, his office location, office phone number, & email address are listed in our directory for work - and it's not abnormal to look up people at work, right? - but I don't know if he would think that was creepy. I could try to arrange to run into him again, but that might seem dishonest. I should probably have talked to him when I first saw him, but he was on a date, so I think that would've been disrespectful. (But friends of friends tell me it was a first date, it's not serious, & she's moving in a few months anyway; I would never ask him out if he wasn't single.)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    _ wrote:
    dont use please,"are you Dimi from the pj forum???"
    didnt work for that girl the last time..

and seriously..be honest,and say what you want to do..men love that shit
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    unlost dogsunlost dogs Greater Boston Posts: 12,553
    Don't worry yourself by figuring out what to say and how to approach.

Just walk up to him, hit him over the head with a club, and drag him back to your cave.

That's how I got Mr. Unlost.

Word.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    nvr mind, i read your last post :)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075

Just walk up to him, hit him over the head with a club, and drag him back to your cave.

Word.

"Does this rag smell like chloroform?"
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Just walk up to him and say it, while holding a plate of bacon.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    (i am a female) in the stone ages (before email or texting) I left a note on somebody's windshield that i was interested in. we worked in the same building but he wasn't in the office, he worked out in the field all the time.
    i asked him if he wanted to go to lunch sometime. when we talked about it, he told me he liked to be alone, so no lunch. a few yrs later, he began pursuing me. it was not a real date but we would get together. then he called at 9 one night, wanting to get together. i told him no, i was really tired. he should have been glad, i became so sick with the highest fever i think i ever had. he never called again. i think it is a hard question you asked b/c it depends on the person's personality.

now for my current husband (i'm remarried), i invited him with other people on an outing. we met at a lake.
    several ppl could not show up, they did not get off from work early like i did. one friend came, she left, and my friend now husband showed up. i wasn't after him either and i invited him to a concert that weekend. we got married 6 yrs later! so it was casual.

Reminds me of a guy who asked me out on a trick date a few years ago. He said a bunch of people from work were going to his place for dinner & very casually invited me to join the group. But when I showed up, no one else was there & he had made dinner for two. I asked where everyone else was & he said he never invited them.

Guys can be so clever in how they get you to go out with them. Half the time I can't figure out whether I've been asked on a date or not! That's probably for the best, though, because I'm more receptive to casual stuff.
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    _ wrote:

hello ... straight women turn gay for me ... true story ... how about lunch sometime?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I can't stop laughing!! (See, I bet you have a way with the ladies.) :D
  • Options
    CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    I say go for it and be confident about it! (Even if you have to fake that part!) I once bought a drink for a complete strange guy in a bar and asked him out and his friends kept saying how they wished women did that more! So the trick seems to be, how to get within close proximity........ :D
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Carey wrote:
    I say go for it and be confident about it! (Even if you have to fake that part!) I once bought a drink for a complete strange guy in a bar and asked him out and his friends kept saying how they wished women did that more! So the trick seems to be, how to get within close proximity........ :D
    ill pm you which bar ill be next week..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    _ wrote:

i'm the guy girls want to be friends with ... then they find out I cook ... at which point i've got to beat them off with a stick! ... :lol::lol:
  • Options
    _ wrote:
    If a woman had the hots for me, and wanted to ask me out????

First off, I would ask her how long she has had a drinking problem...
    Then I would ask her if she is seeking treatment....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    _ wrote:
    dont use please,"are you Dimi from the pj forum???"
    didnt work for that girl the last time..

and seriously..be honest,and say what you want to do..men love that shit

:lol::lol:

Thanks! It's good to know what men love! :D
  • Options

Word.
    "Does this rag smell like chloroform?"
    Just walk up to him and say it, while holding a plate of bacon.

:lol::lol::lol:

Clubs, chloroform, and bacon, huh? Y'all crack me up! I should probably try them in the opposite order though.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    well, let me answer you this way
    _ wrote:
    Apparently some local blogger who I don't know and whose blog I had never read listed the 5 people in town who she'd turn lesbian for - and I was one of them.

i'm pretty sure this guy, or any guy, would love for you to hit on them ;)8-)
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    _ wrote:

i'm the guy girls want to be friends with ... then they find out I cook ... at which point i've got to beat them off with a stick! ... :lol::lol:

You cook?!?! :o Fuck that other guy! So, you know...

straight women turn gay for me ... true story ... how about lunch sometime?

;)
  • Options
    Carey wrote:
    So the trick seems to be, how to get within close proximity........ :D

I know, right?! Any ideas? Randomly showing up in his office... creepy? yes/no?
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    _ wrote:
    i dream of the day a woman approaches me and tells me i look like someone they would want to get to know more :o
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    norm wrote:
    well, let me answer you this way
    _ wrote:
    Apparently some local blogger who I don't know and whose blog I had never read listed the 5 people in town who she'd turn lesbian for - and I was one of them.

i'm pretty sure this guy, or any guy, would love for you to hit on them ;)8-)

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

You guys are cracking me up! :D

ETA: Hey! Maybe I should start a blog and list the guys I'd... well, I'm already interested in guys so I can't list the guys I'd turn straight for... fuck... list the guys I'd love to, uh... take home with me... and he would be the only person on my list! Then I'd just have to make sure he sees it! Think that would work?! :D
    Post edited by _ on