Options

Question for the men

Comments

• Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    intodeep wrote:
    _ wrote:
    How would you take it if a woman you didn't know had the hots for you & wanted to go out? How could the woman best approach the situation with you?
    i dream of the day a woman approaches me and tells me i look like someone they would want to get to know more :o

Really?! I love this thread! You're all so encouraging! :D
  • Options
    So it sounds like this consensus is that this has to be done in person, right? :oops:
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    look, there is nothing wrong with doing a little reconnaissance...find out what time he gets to his office and get there a little earlier and "run" into him...or does he get coffee at like starbucks? meet him there...

this isn't stalking just being creative...and remember, we're guys...being hit on is a huge boost to our egos :P ;)
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    _ wrote:

ETA: Hey! Maybe I should start a blog and list the guys I'd... well, I'm already interested in guys so I can't list the guys I'd turn straight for... fuck... list the guys I'd love to, uh... take home with me... and he would be the only person on my list! Then I'd just have to make sure he sees it! Think that would work?! :D

that reminds me of that Duke college girl...she uhhhh...wrote a list of guys she uhhh...and detailed the 'encounter' and 'performance'....the website jezebel should help...warning NSFW.

Does he have a 'mail box' where you could drop off a small trinket and note? Like a starbucks card and note saying "I'd like to have coffee with you sometime-my treat" leave your email and that's it. If he doesn't get back, oh well, you're out a few bucks, if he does :thumbup: guys-what do you think?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    just fuckin say hi...you wanna go get a drink some time....

guys are easy...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    _ wrote:
    You cook?!?! :o Fuck that other guy! So, you know...

straight women turn gay for me ... true story ... how about lunch sometime?

;)

:lol:

i had a bi-girl go straight for me once ... haha ...
  • Options
    CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    Carey wrote:
    I say go for it and be confident about it! (Even if you have to fake that part!) I once bought a drink for a complete strange guy in a bar and asked him out and his friends kept saying how they wished women did that more! So the trick seems to be, how to get within close proximity........ :D
    ill pm you which bar ill be next week..

Okay, this time I will be sure not to say, "Are you 'Dimi' from the pj forum" again.
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Carey wrote:
    Carey wrote:
    I say go for it and be confident about it! (Even if you have to fake that part!) I once bought a drink for a complete strange guy in a bar and asked him out and his friends kept saying how they wished women did that more! So the trick seems to be, how to get within close proximity........ :D
    ill pm you which bar ill be next week..

Okay, this time I will be sure not to say, "Are you 'Dimi' from the pj forum" again.
    cool,cos was so hard to play it gay infront of the most beautiful woman i ever saw in my life..
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    _ wrote:
    So it sounds like this consensus is that this has to be done in person, right? :oops:

Yes.

Just be honest & ask him if he wants to grab a drink after work. If he says no for any reason, at least you tried.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    _ wrote:

Just go up to him and ask. What's the worst that can happen? He says no. Just do it. Even though I've been chicken shit to do the same damn thing. :lol:
  • Options
    I just have to figure out how to actually see him again without seeming like a stalker. I don't think I could pull off the bumping-into-him-outside-his-office routine. :oops:
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    _ wrote:
    I just have to figure out how to actually see him again without seeming like a stalker. I don't think I could pull off the bumping-into-him-outside-his-office routine. :oops:

send him an email ... say you've seen him around and ask him to go for lunch ... ;)
  • Options
    _ wrote:

How did you run into him the last time? Make it non chalent like that.
  • Options
    rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 between a rock and a dumb place Posts: 12,632
    I don't understand the question? :geek:
  • Options
    _ wrote:

here's the thing...you're thinking like a woman...most guys would love to be pursued like this
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    _ wrote:

here's the thing...you're thinking like a woman...most guys would love to be pursued like this
    +1
    And if he isn't flattered, he's crazy...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    +1

I guess I knew too many crazy guys... :(
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    _ wrote:

+1

Is that what the problem is?
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    norm wrote:
    +1

I guess I knew too many crazy guys... :(
    Seriously? And I say this as a very happily married man...
    You wouldn't have had to ask me twice...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    sheila0225 wrote:
    +1

i know what you mean,and this is very intresting question..
    there are some man,that freak out when women act like that ,cos they feel fear that cant control them..
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    sheila0225 wrote:
    +1

i know what you mean,and this is very intresting question..
    there are some man,that freak out when women act like that ,cos they feel fear that cant control them..

maybe it's because the man is typically the pursuer...not the pursuited.
  • Options
    Seriously? And I say this as a very happily married man...

:| ...that's another thread all on it's own.

but _, just make sure he's single, and just ask. Make it casual...coffee. (There isn't anything you could ask him for his help on at the school?) Then at coffee you can ask him to drinks...he might ask you to dinner. I've been turned down and stood up numerous times...but "I, oh, I'm still alive"

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    polaris_x wrote:
    send him an email ... say you've seen him around and ask him to go for lunch ... ;)

You think so?? I actually wrote him an email earlier, but then called a friend before hitting send and she said I would seem like I was stalking him. :(
    sheila0225 wrote:
    How did you run into him the last time? Make it non chalent like that.

I saw him when I went out with some friends for karaoke. He was part of a big group of people my friends were meeting up with, but we all had different tables and he wasn't near ours. I didn't try to talk to him because he was with a girl. So I've never even met him. :oops:

But I noticed him across the room and thought he was gorgeous (which never happens to me). Then my friends (who know who he is, but don't really know him) told me about him and their info made him even more attractive. Then he sang and I melted. And then I looked him up on our university website and on YouTube and that sealed it - I'm just smitten. :P

Not only do I not know how to run in to him again, but I also don't know how to tell him I find him attractive for more than just his looks and his voice without giving it away that I looked him up online. :oops:
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    The biggest thing is to not come on too strong right away, that might freak out some people as they might not even know who you are and you're telling them all these things. Let him get to know you if that's possible. :mrgreen:

Good luck!
  • Options
    sheila0225 wrote:
    [maybe it's because the man is typically the pursuer...not the pursuited.
    its not that..trust me..they feel fear....fear of independence woman,woman with confidence...
    the ones know what they want...isnt difficult to scare men,or freak them out,im not gonna tell you how,thow.. :mrgreen:
  • Options

actually, she'd probably have to ask me twice since i wouldn't believe her :lol:
  • Options
    _ wrote:

I saw him when I went out with some friends for karaoke. Then he sang and I melted. And then I looked him up on our university website and on YouTube and that sealed it - I'm just smitten. :P

Not only do I not know how to run in to him again, but I also don't know how to tell him I find him attractive for more than just his looks and his voice without giving it away that I looked him up online. :oops:

you can't ask your friends about him? seems you have mutual friends...or you could just send him an email, and say, "I saw you at karaoke, and thought you sang really well, my friend told me who you were, and I'd love to see an encore...wanna grab drinks sometime?"

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    _ wrote:
    but I also don't know how to tell him I find him attractive for more than just his looks and his voice without giving it away that I looked him up online. :oops:

ok well don't lead with that! ;):lol:
  • Options
    sheila0225 wrote:
    its not that..trust me..they feel fear....fear of independence woman,woman with confidence...
    the ones know what they want...isnt difficult to scare men,or freak them out,im not gonna tell you how,thow.. :mrgreen:

Fear of what? How is it that they can pursue you....and then the tables are flipped and you are pursuing them and they freak out? what gives?
  • Options
    sheila0225 wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

Fear of what? How is it that they can pursue you....and then the tables are flipped and you are pursuing them and they freak out? what gives?

yeah what gives?

woman: 'I had a great time tonight we should go out again"
    man: 'uuhhh uhhh"....runs away

what's up with that?
    (shelia, maybe we should start a new thread)

- Christopher McCandless