Question for the men

Comments

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    chadwick wrote:
    Don't forget fudd punching...
    see, even adam knows stuff.
    :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    sheila0225 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:
    see, even adam knows stuff.

what the hell is fudd punching? :lol:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=182052&p=4211814&hilit=fudd#p4211793
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    i'm not a shy guy at all...but my wife made the first move & it worked! :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    sheila0225 wrote:

what the hell is fudd punching? :lol:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=182052&p=4211814&hilit=fudd#p4211793

but what the hell is a fudd? :lol:
  • Options
    sheila0225 wrote:
    I was always afraid to ask :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    mfc2006 wrote:
    i'm not a shy guy at all...but my wife made the first move & it worked! :D
    awesome!!! :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    you women hold all the cards, all the time
    and...78% - 86% of you do not even know it

the ones who are in this group
    hold a lot of power and they themselves
    are blinded to this amazing brilliance

moments ago i lost a wonderful little piece for this thread
    but this computer blows ass and it is forever deleted
    lost
    and
    i am am pissy

i had 10 rules of men getting for you women to check out
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    sheila0225 wrote:

a Scottish slang term for a woman's 'hoo-ha'
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    sheila0225 wrote:

Well, now I'm asking....what in the sam hell is a "fudd"? :lol: Do I need to ask dunkman himself? :lol:
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,945
    _ wrote:
    How would you take it if a woman you didn't know had the hots for you & wanted to go out? How could the woman best approach the situation with you?

wish this would happen to me :)
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    sheila0225 wrote:

a Scottish slang term for a woman's 'hoo-ha'

oh hell! :lol:
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,077
    You said you have friends of friends. Is there any chance they can coordinate some sort of group outing and get you in the same room? If that's possible, it's definitely your best option.
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:

lost
    and
    i am am pissy

geez....try and remember them. Us women need to know the key to this. :lol:
  • Options
    sheila0225 wrote:
    chadwick wrote:

lost
    and
    i am am pissy

geez....try and remember them. Us women need to know the key to this. :lol:
    1. The Fudd
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    men are dumb

this is the greatest tool you women have
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    norm wrote:
    look, there is nothing wrong with doing a little reconnaissance...find out what time he gets to his office and get there a little earlier and "run" into him...or does he get coffee at like starbucks? meet him there...

this isn't stalking just being creative...and remember, we're guys...being hit on is a huge boost to our egos :P ;)

Okay, I took your advice & did some reconnaissance. (Oh God, I really do have a problem. :oops: ) I went to his office. The good news is that he has his office hours posted on his door. The bad news is that he's only there for 1.5 hours on Monday & Wednesday mornings - and his office is so far removed from any thoroughfare that it would be really unbelievable that I would just happen to be there & run into him.
  • Options
    _ wrote:
    norm wrote:
    look, there is nothing wrong with doing a little reconnaissance...find out what time he gets to his office and get there a little earlier and "run" into him...or does he get coffee at like starbucks? meet him there...

this isn't stalking just being creative...and remember, we're guys...being hit on is a huge boost to our egos :P ;)

Okay, I took your advice & did some reconnaissance. (Oh God, I really do have a problem. :oops: ) I went to his office. The good news is that he has his office hours posted on his door. The bad news is that he's only there for 1.5 hours on Monday & Wednesday mornings - and his office is so far removed from any thoroughfare that it would be really unbelievable that I would just happen to be there & run into him.
    do you have any friends in his building?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Bold wins...just drop in and ask him out....do it....enjoy the rush...

And when he accepts....you be walking on air back to your office...

Don't be a pusssy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    chadwick wrote:
    men are dumb

this is the greatest tool you women have
    Fact :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    _ wrote:
    The good news is that he has his office hours posted on his door. The bad news is that he's only there for 1.5 hours on Monday & Wednesday mornings.

Perfect...get to his office about 30 minutes before he does, dim the lights, light some candles, wear something suggestive and when he opens the door, press play on any of the songs from this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=180303

He will be yours forever! :lol:
  • Options
    RKCNDY wrote:
    _ wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    I've always been up front and honest when I was single, guys didn't seem to like that. They'd stop calling, and so I'd forget about them, then they start calling again...I hate head games!

Yes, that's my experience too. :(

last time I was single was in '99...guys haven't changed. I was really progressive back then...now I see they are telling single girls "don't date just one guy...too much pressure on 'trying to make it work', date several guys so you keep your options open" that didn't work back then...does it work now?

Not particularly. Admittedly, I'm not very good at it; I tend to feel guilty & I never know how to bring it up so it's out in the open. I really like it when guys just ask on a first date whether you're also seeing someone else. (Though this has backfired on me before too.) But some guys get all hurt if they're not the only one, but then if you tell them they are then they get scared, like they think you want a big commitment from them or something. Also, I've found that the guys I date want to hang out EVERY damn weekend (and tend to get all hurt if I say I'm not available) so there's just not enough time for too many people.
  • Options
    CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    _ wrote:
    norm wrote:

Good work getting a little bit of info! If you feel timid about going to his office when he's there, have you thought about frequenting karaoke night more often? It seems to me that a lot of people who sing karaoke do so on a regular basis. Maybe he goes there regularly. And if you see him in this atmosphere, you can have liquid courage :D
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • Options
    chadwick wrote:

lost
    and
    i am am pissy

Well you can't just leave us hanging like that. You're such a tease!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    _ wrote:

Not particularly. Admittedly, I'm not very good at it; I tend to feel guilty & I never know how to bring it up so it's out in the open. I really like it when guys just ask on a first date whether you're also seeing someone else. (Though this has backfired on me before too.) But some guys get all hurt if they're not the only one, but then if you tell them they are then they get scared, like they think you want a big commitment from them or something. Also, I've found that the guys I date want to hang out EVERY damn weekend (and tend to get all hurt if I say I'm not available) so there's just not enough time for too many people.

:x :x :x they are soooooooo *needy* :roll:

any-who...what if he's a PJ fan and is reading this thread?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    pjl44 wrote:
    You said you have friends of friends. Is there any chance they can coordinate some sort of group outing and get you in the same room? If that's possible, it's definitely your best option.

My friends said they'd invite me next time his friends go to karaoke or something. But his friends are also friends with the girl he was on a date with last time, so I'd imagine they'd probably go together & make it another date. :(

I also happen to know that he and I like the same local band, who I had already been meaning to check out more often. So maybe I can run into him at one of their shows. Except they're not playing in town any time soon.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,936
    _ I always thought you were a man :| not because of your comments in the past, but because 99% of the people in the internet are dudes :oops:
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    _ wrote:
    norm wrote:

do you have any friends in his building?

Not any more.
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    edited February 2012
    arq wrote:
    _ I always thought you were a man :| not because of your comments in the past, but because 99% of the people in the internet are dudes :oops:
    That's funny... I always thought Arq was a dude too
    Post edited by Black Diamond on
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    I think that if you haven't EVER spoken to him before, you shouldn't ask him out....YET! I think if he has some idea of who you are beforehand ie a familiar face, it's going to increase the chances of him saying "sure, why not!" when you ask him out. He may be shy too and feel a bit awkward if he's never spoken to you before and automatically say no before actually thinking about it properly.

Personally, if some guy asked me out and I'd NEVER met him before, I'd be a bit "nahhh, I don't think so" (unless he looked like Bradley Cooper...then I'd probably say yes because I wanted to get in his pants ;) ). But if it was say a delivery driver that I'd quickly met at my business a few times, I'd be more inclined to say yes since I at least kinda knew who he was and there was already that small connection of familiarity.

So, my advice is to at least allow him to know who you and recognise your face a bit before you ask him. :thumbup:

(I haven't read this entire thread so not 100% sure on the details....hope this is relevant)
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    _ wrote:
    norm wrote:

good for you! :D

ok, so the office thing won't work...the karaoke thing doesn't sound like it will work either...hmmm...