• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    norm wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    _ wrote:
    I don't know what I'm going to wear!!!

One word...cleavage :D

even mr sensitive pony tail guy would agree on this

what if he plays for the other team? :shock: :o
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    RKCNDY wrote:
    what if he plays for the other team? :shock: :o

Then _ can convert him like Elaine did on Seinfeld. "We need a shortstop...reeeeeeeaaaaaal bad" :lol:
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    RKCNDY wrote:
    i would be the one who would be asking funny questions to 'break the ice'

"So, you up for any karaoke nominations?"

or

"What's your favorite song to sing at karaoke?" <
    that could lead to 'oh, so are you a big 80s fan?' (why do people always sing 80s songs?)

ask him about hobbies, music, movies, food, TV shows...pop culture. Stay away from political/religious platforms (I know you're AMT person-just hold back a little on the coffee meeting 'k? ;) )

I know; I've thought about this. I'll have to make a conscious effort to avoid asking his opinion on abortion rights & healthcare reform. What about just wearing my "I <3 pro-choice boys" shirt... too soon? :lol:
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,213
    I think I check on this thread five times a day. Watching this play out is fascinating.

I definitely wouldn't bring up anything besides the karaoke evening and maybe what your friends mentioned. We've all been there when it comes to plugging someone into Google, but it could still be slightly off-putting to hear. After all, it's a great opportunity to ask questions. And how exciting is it that you already know you'll like the answers?
    pjl44 wrote:
    I think I check on this thread five times a day. Watching this play out is fascinating.

Agreed. _ has provided us with our own little 10c soap opera. We want a full 1500 word write up after the big event :)
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    Heisenberg wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:

Agreed. _ has provided us with our own little 10c soap opera. We want a full 1500 word write up after the big event :)

:thumbup:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    81 wrote:
    go try on 10 outfits....take pictures and post em
    :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    go try on 10 outfits....take pictures and post em
    :x

fluffy :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,213
    mfc2006 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:

Imagine if they wound up getting married? I realize that's like discussing the Hall of Fame chances for a 17-year-old Venezuelan shortstop, but still.
    pjl44 wrote:

:lol: It's fascinating for me too! :)
    pjl44 wrote:
    I definitely wouldn't bring up anything besides the karaoke evening and maybe what your friends mentioned. We've all been there when it comes to plugging someone into Google, but it could still be slightly off-putting to hear. After all, it's a great opportunity to ask questions. And how exciting is it that you already know you'll like the answers?

EXCELLENT point! I like the way you think. ;)

I'm thinking I'll just have to carefully word my questions so as not to feel dishonest, e.g Tell me about your dissertation instead of What was your dissertation about?
    pjl44 wrote:
    Imagine if they wound up getting married? I realize that's like discussing the Hall of Fame chances for a 17-year-old Venezuelan shortstop, but still.

:lol::lol:

Well if he's a Pearl Jam fan, I'm gonna have to propose! And you're all invited to the wedding. We'd have to thank you in the wedding programs: This marriage was made possible through the support of pjl44, mfc2006, Heisenberg, 81, and 10C members like you. :D
    _ wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:

Well if he's a Pearl Jam fan, I'm gonna have to propose! And you're all invited to the wedding. We'd have to thank you in the wedding programs: This marriage was made possible through the support of pjl44, mfc2006, Heisenberg, 81, and 10C members like you. :D

we're here to help! :? :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mfc2006 wrote:
    _ wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:

and if he messes this up we will hunt him down and cut off his pony tail ;)
    Heisenberg wrote:
    mfc2006 wrote:
    _ wrote:

and if he messes this up we will hunt him down and cut off his pony tail ;)

:lol::lol::lol:
    That made me actually laugh out loud. :D
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    don't listen to these whack jobs ... except for the guy who mentioned cleavage ... :lol::lol:

seriously ... my advice is this ... wear whatever the heck you want and say whatever the heck you feel like saying ... you are way over-thinking this ... if your goal is just to sleep with him then you need to strategize but if you want a relationship with someone ... just be you ...

dressing in clothes that you normally wouldn't wear or talking about things you don't want to talk about are ultimately not a reflection of who you are ... and that is what you want him to like ... you ... not some manufactured version of you ... also, this is a two-way street ... you need to see if your infatuation has any substance ... get to know him ... keep it simple and light ...

this is a getting to know each other kind of date and to see if there may be a spark or two ... i think the time frame you chose is perfect ... if there is interest - on both sides ... you'll know it ... it won't be hard to get another date ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    dressing in clothes that you normally wouldn't wear or talking about things you don't want to talk about are ultimately not a reflection of who you are ... and that is what you want him to like ... you ... not some manufactured version of you ... also, this is a two-way street ... you need to see if your infatuation has any substance ... get to know him ... keep it simple and light ...

there is nothing wrong with dressing up a little more than normal to make a good first impression....you don't put on something you would wear to a formal occassion, but nothing wrong with upping the game a little.

and smell good...mmm..love me some perfume...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    81 wrote:

soooo....are you a Chanel No 5 or a Love's Baby Soft kinda guy?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • this thread is great. Where were you people when I was failing miserably with the ladies from may 12, 2005 to November 26th, 2009? ;)
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    81 wrote:
    there is nothing wrong with dressing up a little more than normal to make a good first impression....you don't put on something you would wear to a formal occassion, but nothing wrong with upping the game a little.

it's one thing if you're going out on a dinner date somewhere ... but this is coffee at a cafeteria or something ... if she has to win the guy over by overdressing for the occasion - it doesn't build a strong foundation ...

but i'm also a hippie treehugger that gets his clothes at thrift shops so - i may be out of touch ... :lol::lol:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    81 wrote:

soooo....are you a Chanel No 5 or a Love's Baby Soft kinda guy?

i have no idea. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

it's one thing if you're going out on a dinner date somewhere ... but this is coffee at a cafeteria or something ... if she has to win the guy over by overdressing for the occasion - it doesn't build a strong foundation ...

but i'm also a hippie treehugger that gets his clothes at thrift shops so - i may be out of touch ... :lol::lol:

you are out of touch. :lol:

i'm not suggesting formal dinner attire, but if normal is jeans and blouse...nothing wrong with taking it up a level...this date is about breaking the ice, and scoring a second date...and giving a guy a little eye candy doesn't hurt.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

you are out of touch. :lol:

i'm not suggesting formal dinner attire, but if normal is jeans and blouse...nothing wrong with taking it up a level...this date is about breaking the ice, and scoring a second date...and giving a guy a little eye candy doesn't hurt.
    We like eye candy :mrgreen:
    Only from my wife of course :angel:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

It's crazy...but I actually agree with the smoking baby. First impressions are so important- in all aspects of life. I wouldn't wear a prom dress, but it's important to look cute/nice. :)
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    29/m chicago. IM me if you wanna chat.

ahhh, AOL circa '95.
    rival. wrote:

ahhh, AOL circa '95.

i'm back...sorry, my modem disconnected.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

ahhh, AOL circa '95.

:lol: remember AOL profiles? what i would pay to see mine again from when i was 13 or 14 :lol:

i remember quoting will smith a couple times under the "favorite quote"section :shock:
  • polaris_x wrote:
    81 wrote:

A thift store near me logo is "Help Cinderella get to the Ball!" :lol:
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    (to be said like Fran Drescher's "Nanny" voice)

WOW, so this has been SCB all along?

back to myself:

if they meet for coffee at the cafeteria at work, I hope he does not have the security guards with him.
    I thought Mr. Hot Musician with long hair at the karaoke has a woman already?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    rival. wrote:
    81 wrote:
    rival. wrote:

ahhh, AOL circa '95.

:lol: remember AOL profiles? what i would pay to see mine again from when i was 13 or 14 :lol:

i remember quoting will smith a couple times under the "favorite quote"section :shock:

My s/n was "werd2uremama". Yes, I made this as a 7th grade girl.