Question for the men

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Shouldn't AfroAnnie be chiming in about right now?

She'd want to slurp the shots out of someone's mustache :lol:

sorry ash ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

this thread has taken a weird turn.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    stop chatting! I don't want this to be locked. Inquiring minds want to know if his g/f is waiting in the back of the coffee shop to hit ___ over the head for flirting with her man after she reads his work email on his phone :)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    stop chatting! I don't want this to be locked. Inquiring minds want to know if his g/f is waiting in the back of the coffee shop to hit ___ over the head for flirting with her man after she reads his work email on his phone :)

agreed....please continue your conversation in this thread

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=79697&start=11955

thanks,
    mgmt
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    81 wrote:

Yes, yes it has...but we have to entertain ourselves until _ gets back from her big coffee "not-a-date" with a full report don't we?
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:

Yes, yes it has...but we have to entertain ourselves until _ gets back from her big coffee "not-a-date" with a full report don't we?

wait I thought that was tomorrow?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 81 wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:

agreed....please continue your conversation in this thread

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=79697&start=11955

thanks,
    mgmt
    :lol::lol::lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    81 wrote:

wait I thought that was tomorrow?

it is...11am thursday

anybody know what time zone she is in
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    iluvcats wrote:

wait, what? I must have missed something..... there's a g/f?
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:

he was seen with a girl at the bar..no word on who the chick was.

btw..not a good question for this date.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:

yes he was with a female at the karaoke, so I'm assuming he had a date. some where I read that it may be casual or the female is moving. I read this when I'm not watching my favorite soap, the young and the restless on youtube.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    iluvcats wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:

yes he was with a female at the karaoke, so I'm assuming he had a date. some where I read that it may be casual or the female is moving. I read this when I'm not watching my favorite soap, the young and the restless on youtube.

ok, so am I to assume there is some casual stalking occuring? or some recon?
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    Yes... But it's casual stalking so it's acceptable.
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • iluvcats wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:

I think we should call the supposed g/f - going forward to hide her identity and to differentiate her from _
    GoiMTvP.gif
    I think we should call the supposed g/f - going forward to hide her identity and to differentiate her from _

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

can sensitive pony tail guy's shorthand be ~ ?
    Heisenberg wrote:

perhaps - & _ make such a cute couple
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:

perhaps - & _ make such a cute couple
    A 3 way with & :o
    GoiMTvP.gif
    I think _ + - = trouble but _ + ~ might just have a future :lol:
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i vote for # ... dude teaches music ... and it's sort of a musical symbol ...
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    polaris_x wrote:
    don't listen to these whack jobs ... except for the guy who mentioned cleavage ... :lol::lol:

seriously ... my advice is this ... wear whatever the heck you want and say whatever the heck you feel like saying ... you are way over-thinking this ... if your goal is just to sleep with him then you need to strategize but if you want a relationship with someone ... just be you ...

dressing in clothes that you normally wouldn't wear or talking about things you don't want to talk about are ultimately not a reflection of who you are ... and that is what you want him to like ... you ... not some manufactured version of you ... also, this is a two-way street ... you need to see if your infatuation has any substance ... get to know him ... keep it simple and light ...

this is a getting to know each other kind of date and to see if there may be a spark or two ... i think the time frame you chose is perfect ... if there is interest - on both sides ... you'll know it ... it won't be hard to get another date ...

I know I'm overthinking it. That's just how I am; I always overthink things. :oops:

I totally agree with everything you said here. Let me clarify, though: I don't want to present some manufactured version of myself - just the best version of myself, ya know? I think that's reasonable. I wouldn't wear something that's not my style or talk about things I'm not interested in. But, of the clothes I like, I want to choose the best outfit. And of all the things I could say, I want to leave out the ones that would make me look like a stalker. (If we hit it off, I can tell him that stuff later. ;) )

I also agree that it's possible that I might not be interested after I meet him. At least some of the fascination is bound to wear off. Just looking at the odds, I think it's likely that he's totally not the right guy for me. But I'm excited about the fact that I haven't yet ruled him out. I'm VERY rarely as impressed with a guy as I am with him so far. Yes, it won't be hard to get another date, but finding a date I'm this interested in is much harder. :)
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    _ wrote:
    I know I'm overthinking it. That's just how I am; I always overthink things. :oops:

I totally agree with everything you said here. Let me clarify, though: I don't want to present some manufactured version of myself - just the best version of myself, ya know? I think that's reasonable. I wouldn't wear something that's not my style or talk about things I'm not interested in. But, of the clothes I like, I want to choose the best outfit. And of all the things I could say, I want to leave out the ones that would make me look like a stalker. (If we hit it off, I can tell him that stuff later. ;) )

I also agree that it's possible that I might not be interested after I meet him. At least some of the fascination is bound to wear off. Just looking at the odds, I think it's likely that he's totally not the right guy for me. But I'm excited about the fact that I haven't yet ruled him out. I'm VERY rarely as impressed with a guy as I am with him so far. Yes, it won't be hard to get another date, but finding a date I'm this interested in is much harder. :)

Your tutelage is complete. :lol:
    iluvcats wrote:
    (to be said like Fran Drescher's "Nanny" voice)

WOW, so this has been SCB all along?

(I'm not sure if that's good or bad though.)
    iluvcats wrote:
    back to myself:

if they meet for coffee at the cafeteria at work, I hope he does not have the security guards with him.
    I thought Mr. Hot Musician with long hair at the karaoke has a woman already?

Rumor had it that he was on a first date, it's nothing serious, and she's moving in a few months. So I think that's fair game. I absolutely wouldn't have even emailed him if I thought he was taken. And I figure he wouldn't have agree to meet me if he was. (Unless he's one of those guys; but I like him because he seems like he's not.)
    RKCNDY wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:
    (to be said like Fran Drescher's "Nanny" voice)

WOW, so this has been SCB all along?

back to myself:

if they meet for coffee at the cafeteria at work, I hope he does not have the security guards with him.
    I thought Mr. Hot Musician with long hair at the karaoke has a woman already?

for _ sake, I'm hoping it was a 'good female friend'
    81 wrote:

don't feel bad...

i thought _ was a dude until this thread.

I did too (well, I started to wonder...I lurk around in AMT)...though I do remember scb...and the avatar :oops:

Ooh... I don't even remember the avatar. What was it?
  • _ wrote:
    How would you take it if a woman you didn't know had the hots for you & wanted to go out? How could the woman best approach the situation with you?
    Talk to my wife... :lol:

No seriously... Most men would be flattered with being approached... In the day, it was the only way I would go out with women because I was really shy... well that and blind dates (pre-interet)...

that would be great if a woman asked men out on dates hell they should anyway knowing that they rule the world.
    until next time......
    I told a man about this thread and he said he would want to know what she looks like before agreeing to meet.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • iluvcats wrote:
    I told a man about this thread and he said he would want to know what she looks like before agreeing to meet.
    Really?
    Nah... I enjoyed blind dates back in the day... You can get a suprise... one way :? or another :twisted:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    rick1zoo2 wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:
    rick1zoo2 wrote:

ok, so am I to assume there is some casual stalking occuring? or some recon?

There is some casual stalking going on. And there was just a touch of recon.

But I was actually told the date info at karaoke without even asking. There was a guy who I bought a couple of shots for 'cuz I heard him say he was celebrating something, and next thing you know he joined our table. I don't know why (did he see me looking at the other guy? :? ), but out of nowhere my friend tells me that the guy I bought shots for just told her that the long-haired music professor was on a date, and she added, "I think he told me that for your benefit."

Funny since I didn't talk to him, but I actually did talk briefly to his date. They really had a lot in common: both very funny and smart and good-looking and had beautiful voices.

Oh fuck... I don't have a chance! :shock: :(

But, again without asking, someone told me later that she's a visiting instructor and her appointment ends at the end of the semester, so she'll be moving. Plus, there were a lot of people there who knew both of them and seemed surprised that they were on a date, so I really do think it's just casual.
    Pamela0222 wrote:
    Yes... But it's casual stalking so it's acceptable.

:thumbup: :D

iluvcats wrote:

I think it's really sweet of him to agree to meet without knowing what I look like! :)
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    _ wrote:

Ooh... I don't even remember the avatar. What was it?

little blonde haired blue eyed girl...? :?
    jopetto75 wrote:
    that would be great if a woman asked men out on dates hell they should anyway knowing that they rule the world.

we talked about this in the beginning of teh thread...'been there, done that, shot down and stood up'
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless