81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • of.the.girlof.the.girl Posts: 10,026
    _ wrote:
    Aahh!! I wish this guy would just email me already!!!! :!:

Okay, I feel better now. :)
    :lol::lol: Glad you got that out.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    Please consult with your advisory board prior to any further action. Thank you and have a nice day.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,411
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    I'd contact him again on Wednesday....with a selection of times when you are available....and when he replies, he can pick when or if they suit him.

bingo!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • polaris_x wrote:
    Please consult with your advisory board prior to any further action. Thank you and have a nice day.
    Do we have an executive committee?
    Do we need super majority ? :think:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    polaris_x wrote:

this is the AET ... hell no! ... haha ...
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    _ wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    scb....why the name change? From scb to _ .... you like short usernames, don't you? :lol:

Funny that you're just asking now... :lol: Yes, I like 'em short & sweet. :) No, really, I changed it in a failed escape attempt.

this place is like the hotel california...once you check in... :P
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,236
    Ok so did this chick get the guy or what ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013

he replied
    said 'yes, sometime next week'
    she hasn't heard from him yet.

so now she's getting nervous.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,236
    RKCNDY wrote:

he replied
    said 'yes, sometime next week'
    she hasn't heard from him yet.

so now she's getting nervous.

Ok the suspense builds :lol:
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • __ Posts: 6,651
    Yea!!

:mrgreen:

He replied a couple of hours ago (I was in class) and gave me a couple of options of times for tomorrow or the next day. :D Both are during my work day, so I'll have to skip out of work. (I love having a salaried job!)
    polaris_x wrote:
    norm wrote:
    _ wrote:
    ZiggyStar wrote:
    scb....why the name change? From scb to _ .... you like short usernames, don't you? :lol:

Funny that you're just asking now... :lol: Yes, I like 'em short & sweet. :) No, really, I changed it in a failed escape attempt.

this place is like the hotel california...once you check in... :P

:lol: You guys are cracking me up! :D
    _ wrote:
    Yea!!

He replied a couple of hours ago (I was in class) and gave me a couple of options of times for tomorrow or the next day. :D Both are during my work day, so I'll have to skip out of work. (I love having a salaried job!)

and....
    BOOM goes the dynamite!!! congrats & have fun!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • _ wrote:
    Yea!!

YES!!!

What are you going to wear? :twisted:
    GoiMTvP.gif

and what are you gonna talk about?
    are you gonna ask him out again, or let him do that?

and since you are gonna play hookey, you MUST...no, are REQUIRED to report back after your 'coffee interview'. :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    _ wrote:
    Yea!!

awesome! :thumbup:

you've been in south beach for too long :wtf:
  • What are you going to wear? :twisted:

you've been in south beach for too long :wtf:[/quote]
    You got to work it...
    rupaul.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif

you've been in south beach for too long :wtf:
    You got to work it...
    rupaul.jpg[/quote]

:?

:lol:
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    ok...here is what we are going to do...take your phone and put your bluetooth ear piece in...before the date...give me a call...

i'll listen in, and give you advice as the date moves along.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    ok...here is what we are going to do...take your phone and put your bluetooth ear piece in...before the date...give me a call...

smokingbaby de bergerac
    I think I'm going to choose Thursday at 11. Only, I have class at 1:15. But that's good, right? If I don't have too much time for him right away? :?

I don't know what I'm going to wear!! I've been worrying about that since Friday! I have blue eyes, so I'm thinking I'll wear a blue top. Otherwise, I'm horrible with fashion. Not only do I not know what's in fashion, but I don't know what looks good on me and what doesn't. I'm thinking I don't want to wear jeans, though, since I'll be coming from work. I actually do wear jeans to work, but I'd like to present myself as being a little more professional than that. :oops:

And I don't know what I'm going to say! I'm worried about accidentally spilling it that I know more about him than I've let on. I'm not sure how to tell him I think he's really interesting, because how would I know he's interesting just from seeing him at karaoke? But I don't want him to think I just like him for his looks and his voice and because he's funny. Personally, I'm much more receptive to men who like me because they think I'm interesting, but maybe guys aren't that way. :?

And I REALLY don't know what to do about seeing him again. I'm sure I'll want to, but I don't want to be pushy or whatever. What's the advisory board consensus on this? :)

Thank you!
    norm wrote:
    81 wrote:

smokingbaby de bergerac

:lol:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    go try on 10 outfits....take pictures and post em

just ask questions about general stuff..music, movies, travel,pets, etc.... keep it light and fluffy.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    fluffy.

this is the key word. :D
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    _ wrote:
    I think I'm going to choose Thursday at 11. Only, I have class at 1:15. But that's good, right? If I don't have too much time for him right away? :?

Well, it is only coffee....which is normally about say an hour or so? But what if things are flowing and you're both feeling good and two hours flies by? Why limit your time like that? What if coffee leads to lunch? And you have to say no because of class?
    _ wrote:
    I don't know what I'm going to wear!! I've been worrying about that since Friday! I have blue eyes, so I'm thinking I'll wear a blue top. Otherwise, I'm horrible with fashion. Not only do I not know what's in fashion, but I don't know what looks good on me and what doesn't. I'm thinking I don't want to wear jeans, though, since I'll be coming from work. I actually do wear jeans to work, but I'd like to present myself as being a little more professional than that. :oops:

It doesn't matter about what's in fashion....but surely you know if something looks good on you or not? Can't you tell by looking at photos of yourself? Don't you ever think "Damn I look pretty good in that!" I know I do! :lol:

What do you feel comfortable in? Long skirts....short skirts....pants....jeans? Do you have good legs? Good arse? Nice collarbone/decolletage/boobs? You've got to accentuate your good body parts.
    _ wrote:
    And I don't know what I'm going to say! I'm worried about accidentally spilling it that I know more about him than I've let on. I'm not sure how to tell him I think he's really interesting, because how would I know he's interesting just from seeing him at karaoke? But I don't want him to think I just like him for his looks and his voice and because he's funny. Personally, I'm much more receptive to men who like me because they think I'm interesting, but maybe guys aren't that way. :?

I wouldn't worry about "telling" him he's interesting. SHOW him by how you respond to his stories etc. He'll know by how you react as to whether you are interested or bored....or whether you just like him because of his looks etc. Try not to overthink this shit.
    _ wrote:
    And I REALLY don't know what to do about seeing him again. I'm sure I'll want to, but I don't want to be pushy or whatever. What's the advisory board consensus on this? :)

Thank you!

I'd say at the end "That was fun. Want to catch up for another coffee next week?" And he might say "Sure....or dinner/movie/other event" or just say yes to another coffee. I wouldn't be jumping down his throat trying to secure a proper "date". Keep it casual.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Pamela0222Pamela0222 Posts: 1,544
    I don't know what I'm going to wear!! I've been worrying about that since Friday! I have blue eyes, so I'm thinking I'll wear a blue top. Otherwise, I'm horrible with fashion. Not only do I not know what's in fashion, but I don't know what looks good on me and what doesn't. I'm thinking I don't want to wear jeans, though, since I'll be coming from work. I actually do wear jeans to work, but I'd like to present myself as being a little more professional than that.

Since you wear jeans to work, why don't you wear a nice pair of jeans, a nice fitted white top (to bring out your blue eyes) and a blazer over top, with simple accessories. That why you'll look nice for work and perfectly casual for a coffee date!

Let the conversation flow. Don't put too much thought into it, it'll feel forced that way. Just get to know each other, and have FUN!
    The thing I like most about time is that it's not real. It's all in the head. Sure, it's a useful trick to use if you want to meet someone at a specific place in the universe and have tea or coffee- but that's all it is- a trick. There is no such thing as the past. It exists only in the memory. There is no such thing as the future. It exists only in our imagination. If our watches were truly accurate, the only thing they would ever say is "Now". That's what time it is. It's "Now". - Damien Echols
  • CareyCarey Posts: 2,361
    I am loving the answers from these women, we are taking over the 'question for the men' thread and I think its a good thing :D
    Great outfit choice by Pamela, and I like Ziggy's idea about not limiting time (but an excuse to need to leave is never a bad idea in case he is a creep).
    I also like the 'show him you are interested' idea instead of telling him. Don't tell him. Just ask plenty of questions. Most dudes love to talk about themselves :roll: :D
    You should walk away from the date knowing MORE about HIM than he knows about YOU.

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!
    "Can't buy what I want because it's free..."
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    _ wrote:
    I don't know what I'm going to wear!!!

One word...cleavage :D
    i would be the one who would be asking funny questions to 'break the ice'

"So, you up for any karaoke nominations?"

or

"What's your favorite song to sing at karaoke?" <
    that could lead to 'oh, so are you a big 80s fan?' (why do people always sing 80s songs?)

ask him about hobbies, music, movies, food, TV shows...pop culture. Stay away from political/religious platforms (I know you're AMT person-just hold back a little on the coffee meeting 'k? ;) )

- Christopher McCandless