Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Jack del Rio is a guy with great takes on things.
    He should work for the Browns!

What a dope he is.  I'm embarrassed for him.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    mrussel1 said:
    Browns gonna Brown
    Of course he did it.  No way this many women are making shit up.
    What's the crime?   The grand jury failed to indict him.  Propositioning for sex? Is that illegal?  Is that civil suit worthy? 
    You can choose to believe what you want - I choose to believe the likelihood that this guy isn't a giant bag of shit is very small given what has been reported.
    A grand jury failing to indict a celebrity does not mean they didn't do anything wrong.  
    Yes, the supposed actions are illegal.  As they should be.  
    I don't like the Browns.  I used to like him.  Now I don't like him and this confirms what I already think about the leadership of the Browns.  
    All my opinions.  Yes, I feel strongly about them.  

Perhaps I am wrong.  

Perhaps you are right and we should believe the one guy vs the 20+ women accusing him.

Perhaps the team is fine to give the largest (by far) guaranteed contract ever to someone in this sort of position. 

And every girl has the same attorney. 

The bar to indictment by a grand jury is very low,, as in sure you know.  The defense can't cross,  call witnesses or counter.  

He might be and probably is a bag of shit.  That doesn't mean he committed a crime or should lose his livelihood.  

You'll also notice that the Times called it "troubling behavior" and other publications call it"sexual misconduct".  These are not crimes and not legal terms.  Words matter. 
  • Options
    Jack del Rio is a guy with great takes on things.
    He should work for the Browns!

What a dope he is.  I'm embarrassed for him.
    Yeah! Who are other guys I hate that I can link to the Browns? Ben? Kobe?
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,255
    Gonna take a wild guess and say Jack Del Rio gets his news from Fox. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    :lol:

The "not a crime" is bs stuff his shitbag attorney is peddling to help public sentiment re:his client.
    The Times references two issues, since you reference them:

The grabbing of a woman's vagina is a crime, even in Texas:

• Options
    Gonna take a wild guess and say Jack Del Rio gets his news from Fox. 
    I hate that this fool has a soapbox.
    I preferred to like him as the linebacker at SC and NFL and even as Randy Johnsons catcher playing ball in college.
    Instead he opens his yap again and proves what a dolt he is.
  • Options
    :lol:

The "not a crime" is bs stuff his shitbag attorney is peddling to help public sentiment re:his client.
    The Times references two issues, since you reference them:

The grabbing of a woman's vagina is a crime, even in Texas:

1. You're quoting a penal code that makes oral sex "deviant" and has no carve out for consent.  Under this 1973 code, any woman providing oral (or vice versa) is guilty of deviant sexual behavior and it's a crime.  You'll have to spare me the eye roll.  

2. The two women who accused him of actual assault were the two cases brought before the Grand Jury, if I'm not mistaken.  They declined to indict. 

3. Sexual misconduct and coercive behavior..  Nothing prevents anyone from suing anyone else.  I feel pretty good that many men here on the boards probably engaged in 'coercive' behavior against women in their lives.  Maybe more than once.  It's not criminal.  Is it bad?  Sure.  Should he be sued?  Sure.  Should he lose his livelihood?  Nope.  

I read a carve out today (can't recall where) and the accuser said that she was not forced into sex but had sex with him twice because she didn't know how to say "no".  She later blocked him.  She's part of the suit.  That makes me roll my eyes a bit too. 
  • Options
    We have different opinions as to what grabbing someone by the vagina should end up in.
    Losing your job?  Going to jail?
    Hell
    Yes.

Already stated I believe the women.  I get that you don't, we can disagree.

I give zero shits if anyone here has done the same thing, gabbing a woman by the vagina....whipping it out and jacking off in front of them.  If so, f them.  They are also shitbags.

In America, the admission of this type of sexual assault makes one qualified for election as President.

Quite the world we live in.

• Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,450
    I’m completely on F’me’s side. Deshaun SHOULD lose his “livelihood”…..especially when it’s $230M to throw a fucking football. the browns should be ashamed. anyone else accused of all this shit would be losing their “livelihoods”, whatever that livelihood might be.

too many privileged people in this world think they can do whatever the fuck they want.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,736
    Hey Deshaun, just hire some high class call girls and have them massage you.  What a fucking idiot.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    I’m completely on F’me’s side. Deshaun SHOULD lose his “livelihood”…..especially when it’s $230M to throw a fucking football. the browns should be ashamed. anyone else accused of all this shit would be losing their “livelihoods”, whatever that livelihood might be.

too many privileged people in this world think they can do whatever the fuck they want.
    Well, they sort of can.  ;)

Interested to see how this plays out.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

I appreciate the significant virtue signaling. 
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    How the hell do the Rams have all these high priced players and still under the cap?  Every year my Eagles have to restructure deals to get under cap but the Rams have like 6 guys making huge money. 
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    How the hell do the Rams have all these high priced players and still under the cap?  Every year my Eagles have to restructure deals to get under cap but the Rams have like 6 guys making huge money. 
    Good question.  These are large deals
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Maybe because the high priced players that you are referring to playing for the Rams are more willing to work with the organization towards a contract that can work for the overall team if they perceive that a Super Bowl is possible
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    pjhawks said:
    Maybe because the high priced players that you are referring to playing for the Rams are more willing to work with the organization towards a contract that can work for the overall team if they perceive that a Super Bowl is possible
    Is that the case with them? Are they going to be in salary cap hell in 2 years instead?
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

Another silly term people love to use when talking smack on people these days.
    As if discussing things like this doesn't makes the positions one holds clear enough....

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,981
    We have different opinions as to what grabbing someone by the vagina should end up in.
    Hell
    Yes.

I give zero shits if anyone here has done the same thing, gabbing a woman by the vagina....whipping it out and jacking off in front of them.  If so, f them.  They are also shitbags.

In America, the admission of this type of sexual assault makes one qualified for election as President.

Becoming President...
  • Options
    Hell
    Yes.

Becoming President...
    Exactly.  Such a messed up fact.
  • Options
    Hell
    Yes.

Becoming President...
    People get to vote.  Being a felon is not a disqualifier for president, neither is being a sexual predator.  That's the beauty of America.. your opinion matters exactly the same as the other 300MM people that get to vote.  No veto.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

As if discussing things like this doesn't makes the positions one holds clear enough....

It is a silly term, that's why I used it.  Wobbie is too philosophical to virtue signal.  

Is Watson a scum bag?  Yeah probably.  Did he try to coerce the girls with money or whatever?  Yeah probably.  Is that criminal behavior?  A grand jury said no.  Do I believe that all of these girls were actually wounded in the encounters?  Nah, not really.  I think the lawyer aligned stories, did a little gaslighting, created a narrative and now is looking for a big payday along with the girls.  The truth, as always, is probably somewhere in the middle.  
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,123
    Regardless if legal/ illegal…. This isn’t face of your franchise behavior…. Not even for the Cleveland shit stains

• Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    CROJAM95 said:
    Regardless if legal/ illegal…. This isn’t face of your franchise behavior…. Not even for the Cleveland shit stains
    And the saddest part is they brought him in! AND gave him the biggest contract ever! I mean, say what you want about the Steelers and Roethlisberger, but at least by time he was accused of similar crimes, he had already won two Super Bowls with the Steelers and thus, was part of the Steelers' "family." So his misbehavior from the Steelers' perspective is like a family member who goes off the deep end. You don't just shun them, you try to help and rehabilitate them. 

The Browns on the other hand? They come off like a hopeless woman that is so desperate for a husband, that she'd marry someone even if she knew he had a history of beating his ex-wife. And didn't Watson reject them at first and then they flew down to meet him and threw all this money at him? How pathetic.

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    CROJAM95 said:
    And the saddest part is they brought him in! AND gave him the biggest contract ever! I mean, say what you want about the Steelers and Roethlisberger, but at least by time he was accused of similar crimes, he had already won two Super Bowls with the Steelers and thus, was part of the Steelers' "family." So his misbehavior from the Steelers' perspective is like a family member who goes off the deep end. You don't just shun them, you try to help and rehabilitate them. 

The Browns on the other hand? They come off like a hopeless woman that is so desperate for a husband, that she'd marry someone even if she knew he had a history of beating his ex-wife. And didn't Watson reject them at first and then they flew down to meet him and threw all this money at him? How pathetic.

Yes, because until now, football wasn't all about winning.  The Browns are really changing the game here.  

Y'all just mad because he's a top 5 qb.  The reality is that an elite qb who is young never becomes available.  Ever.  Browns are trying to win at any cost.  It might blow up in their face, like a Watson massage, or it may pay off.  
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,255
    mruss.....you wouldn't feel differently about this if the guy wasn't just traded to your team, would you?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    mruss.....you wouldn't feel differently about this if the guy wasn't just traded to your team, would you?
    Absolutely.  I'd hate the fucker.  

What's your point?
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Yes, because until now, football wasn't all about winning.  The Browns are really changing the game here.  

Y'all just mad because he's a top 5 qb.  The reality is that an elite qb who is young never becomes available.  Ever.  Browns are trying to win at any cost.  It might blow up in their face, like a Watson massage, or it may pay off.  
    Ha.  They did sort of change the game by wayyy over bidding with the largest, by far, guaranteed contract.
    You know other teams are pissed and saying Browns Gonna Browns.  

Only way this pays off is a Super Bowl win.  
    Browns.
    Super Bowl win.
    Those things don't go together.  😉
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,725
    mrussel1 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Considering it's the Browns, I think the former is more likely. 

Watson has made Browns history though. Since their return in 1999, I believe Watson is the first QB to willfully choose to play there. Everyone else was either drafted there (Weeden, Quinn, Manziel, McCoy, etc.) or just really needed a job (end-of-the-line Delhomme, McCown, etc.) 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    CROJAM95 said:

Considering it's the Browns, I think the former is more likely. 

Watson has made Browns history though. Since their return in 1999, I believe Watson is the first QB to willfully choose to play there. Everyone else was either drafted there (Weeden, Quinn, Manziel, McCoy, etc.) or just really needed a job (end-of-the-line Delhomme, McCown, etc.) 
    How often do elite qb's in their primes change teams?  It's rare.  Stafford is a notable exception and I think that's what the Browns are eyeing here. Even with Stafford, he's in the late stages of his career.  Watson is only a year older than Baker.  
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,192
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    Wobbie said:

It is a silly term, that's why I used it.  Wobbie is too philosophical to virtue signal.  

Is Watson a scum bag?  Yeah probably.  Did he try to coerce the girls with money or whatever?  Yeah probably.  Is that criminal behavior?  A grand jury said no.  Do I believe that all of these girls were actually wounded in the encounters?  Nah, not really.  I think the lawyer aligned stories, did a little gaslighting, created a narrative and now is looking for a big payday along with the girls.  The truth, as always, is probably somewhere in the middle.  
    Not a fan of this assertion (bolded above).  Not a woman but I got to imagine doing your job and being sexually harassed (at best) and/or assaulted has to give you great pause in your job especially when your job requires touching.  It has to have given those women pause that it might happen again as they moved forward in their job.   Probably the reason why Watson had to contact 166 different message therapists.

I don't think he should necessarily lose the right to having his job but I would never give him a job.  So glad the Eagles didn't end up with this asshat