IN MY TRUCK!!!!!! HOME.

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,764
    Congrats! :clap: Be safe and enjoy :D
    Thanks. Just so you know, in the trucks I have been in since I received the SS gift, I've been looking for where I can put the dice and the plate!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Congrats! :clap: Be safe and enjoy :D
    Thanks. Just so you know, in the trucks I have been in since I received the SS gift, I've been looking for where I can put the dice and the plate!

Cool :D
  • chadwick wrote:
    how long you been a driver, speedy?
    I have had my CDL license....
    And have driven professionally for 25 years.....

GEEZ...
    IM OLD!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    chadwick wrote:

GEEZ...
    IM OLD!!!
    as long as you stay out of the whippersnapper lane I'm good. ;)

Actually I'll be driving rather slowly. cruise it set at 60 generally. UNLESS cruise is on you can be dinged for overspeed. Higher % of that and 3 other areas , No Bonus For You!!!!
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    chadwick wrote:

GEEZ...
    IM OLD!!!
    i don't know how or why. are you a local driver or something coming home everyday/night? i drove both locally and far off and wandering out passed myself and back again. i don't know how or why someone would elect to drive semis for 25 years. 10 -12 years was plenty enough for me.

i am amazed by you, mr. speedy mccready
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Wondering about the taxation of truckers:

Do they withhold taxes in only your home state, or are your required to pay taxes in states through which you drive?
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Do they withhold taxes in only your home state, or are your required to pay taxes in states through which you drive?
    keep track of state to state miles.

washington - idaho... (mileage read) 345678
    idaho - montana... 345748
    montana - wyoming 346*** blah blah blah

this is done on a notebook with pen as driver drives
    regularly the co-driver does these things if she/he is awake
    if solo driver then do it as ya cross state line
    easy peeze

everytime a driver starts out he/she records truck mileage
    this is done everyday,,,and state to state miles and midnight miles

midnight miles being important cause its a new day and you are still driving

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Fuel taxes go state by state. Unless you're an owner/operator , the company worries about that.

personal taxes? Its based on your home terminal. Same withholding as other jobs , just do not take local taxes out. From what I understand there are writeoffs/deductions galore being OTR.

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    mickeyrat wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

Fuel taxes go state by state. Unless you're an owner/operator , the company worries about that.

personal taxes? Its based on your home terminal. Same withholding as other jobs , just do not take local taxes out. From what I understand there are writeoffs/deductions galore being OTR.

yep...there are very specific tax deduction issues....perhaps some of your trucker pals can direct you to a tax guy who handles truckers.
    mickeyrat wrote:

Actually I'll be driving rather slowly. cruise it set at 60 generally. UNLESS cruise is on you can be dinged for overspeed. Higher % of that and 3 other areas , No Bonus For You!!!!
    drivin along at a steady slower safer speed is best. when i drove everyone and their grandma's kitchen sink passed me up. not too slow that is hazardous, no. slow...backed out of the crowd ahead has saved my life several times. never be that guy who is a quick stupid dick. those folks fuck things up and cause problems.

i use these rules in my car. i am a dude who will never get a speeding ticket. in a semi tractor trailer i never had a speeding ticket but had all the other tickets they could hand out.

brakes out of adjustment, some kinda light somewhere burnt out, bad air line, and many overloaded citations. never a speeding ticket.

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Where are you? And where are you going?
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    chadwick wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

drivin along at a steady slower safer speed is best. when i drove everyone and their grandma's kitchen sink passed me up. not too slow that is hazardous, no. slow...backed out of the crowd ahead has saved my life several times. never be that guy who is a quick stupid dick. those folks fuck things up and cause problems.

i use these rules in my car. i am a dude who will never get a speeding ticket. in a semi tractor trailer i never had a speeding ticket but had all the other tickets they could hand out.

brakes out of adjustment, some kinda light somewhere burnt out, bad air line, and many overloaded citations. never a speeding ticket.

stay in the righ lane...thanks buddy
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    785,000 miles on this thing. Beat up!~!!!! But I expected I would get a beater truck. As long as she runs hard and gets A to B, who cares!!!

mickeyrat wrote:
    785,000 miles on this thing. Beat up!~!!!! But I expected I would get a beater truck. As long as she runs hard and gets A to B, who cares!!!

the breakdown lane is :arrow:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    mickeyrat wrote:

the breakdown lane is :arrow:
    ehh, shes just good and broke in. Just came out of maintenance for service.

• What year and model is the truck???
    What year and model is the truck???

appears to be a '74

1301607854_182906255_2-RARE-Collectible-1974-White-Road-Boss-Semi-Truck-Bakersfield.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Dont listen to the baby.

It a FL Century. 05? Maybe 06. Has alot of miles and is pretty beat upo , but I've seen worse. Will be delivering a load into Chi near Midway at 0900. Am in Gary at our terminal here til then. Ya think an hour is enough time to leave and deliver on time at that hour of a monday morning? I'm 31 miles away.

mickeyrat wrote:
    Dont listen to the baby.

It a FL Century. 05? Maybe 06. Has alot of miles and is pretty beat upo , but I've seen worse. Will be delivering a load into Chi near Midway at 0900. Am in Gary at our terminal here til then. Ya think an hour is enough time to leave and deliver on time at that hour of a monday morning? I'm 31 miles away.
    be there by 6. first in line? i never waited till appointment time. if i could i was in/out slicker than shit.
    many ppl recognize a trucker who gets shit taken care of. they appreaciate your work and effort and things. in these regards many will wait for you on a friday evening when they coulda went home hrs earlier.
    you're kickin ass mr. driver man

rumor has it you're moving to Gary, IN. yes/no?

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    Well Chad , there is an AT appt time. trucks rolling in every 2 hrs. A guy getting loaded at the same time as me is due at 11. Mine is for 9. This appears to be a reg contract for my company.

mickeyrat wrote:
    Well Chad , there is an AT appt time. trucks rolling in every 2 hrs. A guy getting loaded at the same time as me is due at 11. Mine is for 9. This appears to be a reg contract for my company.
    break their rules. at least try. that being some folks' motto :mrgreen:

enjoy your day in Gary

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    Dont listen to the baby.

Leave Gary at 6:30-7........

Hell leave Gary at 6.....

Monday morning....

Give yourself plenty of time....

Where near Midway??
    What company??
    What Address???
  • And let me get this straight....
    You got your Truck in Indy on Friday???
    And they gave you a load that delivered in Chicago on Monday??????
    Leave gary now if you can....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    sleep in the lot where you deliver. that is always a nice thing to do, imo

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    And let me get this straight....
    NO!! This load #2!!!! Got my truck in Columbus. Was dropped off and given a PM. Met my guy and was given a recycle product from papesi as a relay load to east podunk ohio. I mean e palestine. 7 hours to unload!!! Detention pay. Slept there. Picked up current load saturday around 12 in coshocton ohio. Paper rolls. Smurfit-stone container.

• mickeyrat wrote:
    NO!! This load #2!!!! Got my truck in Columbus. Was dropped off and given a PM. Met my guy and was given a recycle product from papesi as a relay load to east podunk ohio. I mean e palestine. 7 hours to unload!!! Detention pay. Slept there. Picked up current load saturday around 12 in coshocton ohio. Paper rolls. Smurfit-stone container.
    Gotcha....

You have to deal with any snow over the weekend???
    mickeyrat wrote:
    Gotcha....

You have to deal with any snow over the weekend???
    yup. Started snowing in e podunk around 2000. Snow plow came and did this recyclers lot. went around the truck of course. Then co gps straightest routes me to the drop yard we have near akron. poorly plowed roads and st rts in an mt trailer!! Started up this hill right after I left that place and got stuck halfway up!! Resident came out and helped guide me back down til I could get turned around. Handled myself fairly well , for less than 24hrs in the truck!!!

oh yeah deliverng on e 74th.6000 block. almost all freeway. or slowway, f'n chicago!! :mrgreen:

• mickeyrat wrote:
    yup. Started snowing in e podunk around 2000. Snow plow came and did this recyclers lot. went around the truck of course. Then co gps straightest routes me to the drop yard we have near akron. poorly plowed roads and st rts in an mt trailer!! Started up this hill right after I left that place and got stuck halfway up!! Resident came out and helped guide me back down til I could get turned around. Handled myself fairly well , for less than 24hrs in the truck!!!
    Whats the story with GPS???
    Do you HAVE to follow what the company GPS tells you follow???
    Or are you allowed to use your own route???