P90x

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    mca47 wrote:
    After not doing Chest and Back for a month, that was a little rough! :shock:
    I'm pooped!

I didn't realize how sore I was gonna be today! I even tried doing pull-ups with the bar...I can't decide if I hurt because of the push-ups or because of the pull-ups.

RK is *NOT* a happy bunny today...I took my 60 day pics and don't see any difference between Day 30 and Day 60 pics. :|

I did Plyo today and I'm pooped...time for a nice hot bath.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm pooped!

I didn't realize how sore I was gonna be today! I even tried doing pull-ups with the bar...I can't decide if I hurt because of the push-ups or because of the pull-ups.

RK is *NOT* a happy bunny today...I took my 60 day pics and don't see any difference between Day 30 and Day 60 pics. :|

Today is Plyo? Ahhhh crap! I have no energy today.... :(
    mca47 wrote:

oh c'mon! no push-ups...just jumping around! Where is your inner Mike McCready for those 'Rock Star Hops'? :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

oh c'mon! no push-ups...just jumping around! Where is your inner Mike McCready for those 'Rock Star Hops'? :lol:
    Hahahaha!
    My pics were def better after phase 2. Shoulders and upper arms are more defined and that 6 pack is starting to really come out. :D
    mca47 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Hahahaha!
    My pics were def better after phase 2. Shoulders and upper arms are more defined and that 6 pack is starting to really come out. :D

awesome! At Day 90 this is what I am hoping for:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUV_dOJ-PBLaq21BP0s_mG-FK0x_bMKmcUGX6s7r2toHlBC-SBlQ
    might have to do the program again to get that though...

- Christopher McCandless
  • PJ88PJ88 Posts: 1,074
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    I'm pooped!

Glad to read that you are still going strong with this. Good job and keep it up!
    PJ88 wrote:

Glad to read that you are still going strong with this. Good job and keep it up!

thanks! :D

ok, yoga...I spent 90 hot and sweaty minutes with you, I still don't like you, BUT...I finally can hold the crane position!
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQZy_d7c5Gw2n5cFfOlcBoELJu0Cc_D3tW1zI2ZAfpzVqApsxH

AND

vlcsnap-2010-02-25-21h52m31s225.png

After Saturday, only 4 more weeks!

- Christopher McCandless
    Stupid yoga! :lol:

FYI...I believe there is a total of 24 vynasa's. I was counting because I'm so damned bored with it! Hahaha!!
    RKCNDY wrote:

well, if you get to that, you will def have to post pics on here!!
    And we'll probably have to become better friends... ;) :P :lol:
    mca47 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

if I look like that...I WILL post pics... don't you worry! ;)

hopefully I won't have to take them down
    :?

there is a butt pic that I have up in my workout room for motivation...but I don't think I can post that one... :oops:

- Christopher McCandless
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    mca47 wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Pffffft. None of you will be looking at her abs, you'll be transfixed by her beer can hat.

Seriously, RKCNDY, I'm growing my hair long as fast as I can. Now you're gonna have these fabulous abs.

That's it, I'm buying more Ho Hos to pass around.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)

Pffffft. None of you will be looking at her abs, you'll be transfixed by her beer can hat.

Seriously, RKCNDY, I'm growing my hair long as fast as I can. Now you're gonna have these fabulous abs.

no ho's for me...passing out ho's yes, consuming ho's...no.

Should I get a light up hula hoop and hoop at the next tailgate for beer money?

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:

no ho's for me...passing out ho's yes, consuming ho's...no.

Should I get a light up hula hoop and hoop at the next tailgate for beer money?
    Hahaha!! For sure! Don't forget white shorts! :lol:
    how did you know I have white shorts? :? Have you been poking thru my closet again?!?!? :x

in other news...
    Ironically enough, the 'community events' flyer came in the mail today...there is a hooping class, starts in May.

- Christopher McCandless
    Legs and back today? Ugh! That is probably my least favorite non-yoga exercise! :(
    mca47 wrote:
    Legs and back today? Ugh! That is probably my least favorite non-yoga exercise! :(

oh c'mon...it ain't that bad. I just finished...Finally got to use the pull-up bar and my arms are burning.
    I love the leg routines. Well, except for a few like the deadlift squats.

I keep thinking, "only 4 more yoga videos"

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

oh c'mon...it ain't that bad. I just finished...Finally got to use the pull-up bar and my arms are burning.
    I love the leg routines. Well, except for a few like the deadlift squats.

I keep thinking, "only 4 more yoga videos"
    It sucks! :lol:
    I can't get my heart rate over 135 on Kenpo, and 145 on plyo. :?
    I think I'm going to have to start adding some miles during these cardio days.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I think Kenpo might be my least favorite. Not a huge Legs and Back fan either.

Ive been running the past few weeks along with this and it has worked out pretty well
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I think Kenpo might be my least favorite. Not a huge Legs and Back fan either.

Ive been running the past few weeks along with this and it has worked out pretty well
    Yeah, I still run 3-5 miles a day (except on legs and back day), and do a long one on my rest/stretch day.
    I just don't get how their heart rates...Tony and friends... can be so high for being such fit people. :? I think they are lying! :lol:

Oh...and yeah...legs and back is the worst one of them all! Hahaha! I hate it!
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Starting it up again on Sunday April 1st. with Diet

wish me luck... :?
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,492
    ordered it last night with the bands since the bar won't work in my house. hope to start next week.

ordering it from their website was funny. i couldn't complete the transaction until i turned down what seemed like about 10 other offers for "free" stuff (which then would turn into a monthly payment after the initial "free" month) :lol:

i'm looking forward to this
    www.myspace.com
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    RKCNDY wrote:
    ...I finally can hold the crane position!

that's pretty damned impressive!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Green CircleGreen Circle Posts: 5,192
    Lizard wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Yeah it is!! holy crap! :shock:

Ok Juggler, Its you and me Come June we should look OUTSTANDING!! :lol:
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,388
    Is there anywhere I can find this for cheaper than $150? Insanity had a similar price but I split it with a girlfriend, so the price was more workable, thanks!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
    Lizard wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Yeah it is!! holy crap! :shock:

Ok Juggler, Its you and me Come June we should look OUTSTANDING!! :lol:

going to jamaica in july so... ;)
    www.myspace.com
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    Is there anywhere I can find this for cheaper than $150? Insanity had a similar price but I split it with a girlfriend, so the price was more workable, thanks!

maybe someone is selling the dvds on ebay?
    www.myspace.com
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    I actually torrented the program at first... But I was so impressed that I ended up buying it, along with some of their other products.

As far as finding it cheap... it usually finds its near market value. Maybe you can find a steal on ebay eventually, but it could be just a pirated copy.

Ill be starting p90x Plus right after this round, which ends April 8th.
    I'm gonna be missing...or delaying a few days this week. Grrr! I hate the delays, I just want it OVER! Hahaha

That said, a friend who hadn't seen me in 5 months said she really noticed a difference! Made my day!! :D
    I had to take most of this week off...stupid allergies :x

I'm going to try to do Stretch X or Core Syner later today.

Good luck Juggles and Green Circle!

for some reason I see this happening to Juggles: http://abc.go.com/shows/americas-funnie ... /pl_235131

first video clip...ok, so I'm a little hesitant to get the bands because of this reason too.... :? :lol:

- Christopher McCandless